Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 27 28 [29]
Oct 18, 2022 5:15 PM
Oct 2022
1-14 are 10/10
15-25 good but not close to the first 14 episodes
Oct 22, 2022 7:30 AM
Jul 2020
sooo awesome man !!
Oct 24, 2022 11:21 AM

Mar 2019
Emotional ending, but then I remember how we got here. It was so nice to see Aincrad again, lol. And all those people finally meeting, although I don't even know who 3 of them were.

Nevertheless, a nice way to end this. I will say, Suguha's scene at the end was random. It was a meet up with people from SAO who were good friends and people who also had a very high chance of dying so it was weird for her to be jealous. Speaking of those people, I'm sad they didn't mention the characters that died, especially Sachi since Kirito kept saying how big of an influence she had on him.

Despite what he did, Akihiko was probably the most interesting character and the one I liked the most, mainly because of the mystery surrounding him.

Overall, I don't know what to feel about this, loved the first 2 episodes a lot, the last 2 were also nice but other than that it had some very annoying moments, especially with the tentacles. For Aincrad, I'd say everything until they got married was alright, but after that it just felt weird. But after all, it was still alright. Also the first opening as the closing song, yes!! I'll always take such an offer.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 25, 2022 9:38 AM
Jul 2022
The best final + the best anime i ever seen
Nov 26, 2022 4:16 PM
Nov 2022
I had mixed feelings on the entire thing
Dec 8, 2022 4:44 AM
Dec 2022
liked it could be better but gd story
Dec 30, 2022 10:31 PM
May 2022
nice hahaha GAGAGAGAG
Jan 5, 2023 8:55 AM
Oct 2021
The second half of season 1 really destroyed the first half.
Jan 7, 2023 9:32 AM
Sep 2022
good final, everything was perfect
Feb 3, 2023 12:07 PM
Dec 2022
AMAZING ENDING!!!!!!!
Feb 7, 2023 2:35 PM
Feb 2023
dsakjfjioasjiodsaoeiòdauilsofca
Feb 23, 2023 4:50 PM
Jan 2023
fuck this show man. some how went from my favorite anime to the my most hated show ever. It takes serious effort for that. Almost like that was on purpose.
Mar 9, 2023 5:50 AM
Nov 2021
totally a master piece.
Mar 9, 2023 7:45 AM
Mar 2023
I would like if there are a new episodes for this Anime!! i like it!! much!! i hope that will be the next new world of this anime.. because there a hint that this new world will come!! please let me know about this New Episode and New World !!
Mar 20, 2023 10:33 PM
Mar 2023
INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Apr 14, 2023 1:33 PM
Oct 2020
good at beginning
Apr 17, 2023 1:14 PM
Nov 2022
excelent but last 4 episodes are like shit
May 19, 2023 4:41 PM
May 2023
end of S1 was a bit of a mess
May 22, 2023 3:39 AM
May 2023
The best anime in the world
May 23, 2023 10:19 PM
May 2023
One of my first animes.
May 24, 2023 6:36 PM
May 2022
love the anime good fanservice at all
Jun 2, 2023 10:42 AM
Jun 2022
I don't know why people said it's 2nd arc is not that good as the 1st , I actually enjoyed the 2nd one more . It's one of my favourite anime from now . I'll rate it a perfect 10 here and 9.8 on Anilist
Jul 11, 2023 7:35 PM
May 2022
I hate Gary Stu...
Jul 15, 2023 10:34 AM

Aug 2019
this show has a lot of faults and inconsistensies but its not the worst thing to excist  partly why it gets so much hate is because there were so many kids who hailed this like it was the best which its not.
the best thing apart from the ost (especially the first op) was that it wasnt ever really boring.  but now that ive rewatched this i dont think ill ever watch this again.  i remember enjoying ggo (s2) more so im off to watch that and seems like the ggo alternative things have decent rating so ill give them a shot. i only ever watched ggo like once fully.
kirito should try to get in contact with kayaba and work with him to bring yui onto his phone or some other device as a buddy even in real life.

not enough sachi the beast tamer loli or the catgirl race
HiljainenSipuliJul 15, 2023 10:37 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2023 12:01 AM
Apr 2023
The start was pretty good the middle was great but the end was a little too mellow
Jul 26, 2023 8:51 PM

Jan 2022
So they can cuddle but can't hold hands in public? Its finally over! I felt like the first half was too rushed but the second half was slightly weirder due to the incest. I didn't get the emotional experience like most people did because I cringed a lot throughout the whole series lol I'm not sure what half I liked the most to be quite honest. Either way, it was a wild ride
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 29, 2023 6:41 AM
Oct 2020
I'm a sao fan so yeah i loved
Aug 17, 2023 10:02 AM
Dec 2020
Best Anime ever. Will keep watch until the end of it

Sep 12, 2023 8:42 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2012:

Sep 25, 2023 10:27 PM
Sep 2023
I loved the first part (idc what others say, I like it) and the second part we all just try to forget lol
Oct 22, 2023 3:25 AM
Oct 2023
Love-SAO ASUNA LOVE KIRITO LOVE
Nov 5, 2023 12:15 AM
Dec 2018
absolute trash 10/10
Nov 18, 2023 4:20 AM
Jul 2023
RECOMMENDED FOR BEGINNERS TO WATCH
Dec 16, 2023 8:16 AM

Nov 2023
Asuna is saved! Lezzgo, now I hope they do worse than prison punishment to that elf guy
Jan 7, 10:56 PM
Jan 2024
Greatest anime ever Kirito is THE Black Swordsman and get the job done whereas Guts is a whiny beta baby that chased a white haired dude and still can not get anything done.
Jan 23, 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
Finally took it upon myself to watch Sword Art Online and see if it was bad as I heard it was. For the first half it wasn't too bad when it stuck to the main storyline and not side quests with pointless characters. Asuna especially impressed me in that she wasn't worthless in a fight, held her own and in advancing her relationship with Kirito actually got together with him quick instead of taking three seasons to maybe get a kiss but probably just a handhold. Action scenes held my attention. Though I felt nothing when the nameless characters died though show tried for emotion. Of course the whole reason for trapping all those people in SAO was nonexistent and all around dumb but there was enough here that I would give it a 6/10.

However there was Part 2, after they were all (mostly all) freed but Asuna didn't awaken. We meet that creepy guy touching her and sniffing her hair and I could tell right away that this was going to go downhill fast. Same thing again in new online world with a crazy guy running it only this time a much more boring experience. Kirito wastes time where instead of rescuing his girlfriend he screws around helping other players with their bullcrap. Everyone acting like the stakes are the same when in reality its just a game, no one will actually die if their character dies so everything just felt pointless and I felt irritated with Kirito for this. Then we have the simp squirming for Kirito's sister/cousin who of course... is in love with Kirito which is just so nauseating. Spent so much time with that nonsense. If wanted to have emotion could have just had her feel unsure of herself given the history with her brother/cousin and him being gone for two years, didn't need the incest. What the second half needed was more rescuing Asuna but I guess wouldn't have gotten 25 episodes then. Wish she could have done more herself but will take her dropping the keycard, needed to get up to her in the end after all. This second half was godawful, giving it a 3/10 feels generous and don't know if I can do that. A 2 seems better, had to constantly skip forward in these boring time wasting episodes.

4/10 final score I think though may lower to 3 after thinking on it more. Those last dozen episodes really soured my view on SAO. Will be a struggle to try and watch another season, MAL score it even lower than this so hardly a good sign...
Jan 24, 12:39 PM
Jan 2024
goooooooooooooooooooooood
Jan 25, 12:08 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to gswelcome
Finally took it upon myself to watch Sword Art Online and see if it was bad as I heard it was. For the first half it wasn't too bad when it stuck to the main storyline and not side quests with pointless characters. Asuna especially impressed me in that she wasn't worthless in a fight, held her own and in advancing her relationship with Kirito actually got together with him quick instead of taking three seasons to maybe get a kiss but probably just a handhold. Action scenes held my attention. Though I felt nothing when the nameless characters died though show tried for emotion. Of course the whole reason for trapping all those people in SAO was nonexistent and all around dumb but there was enough here that I would give it a 6/10.

However there was Part 2, after they were all (mostly all) freed but Asuna didn't awaken. We meet that creepy guy touching her and sniffing her hair and I could tell right away that this was going to go downhill fast. Same thing again in new online world with a crazy guy running it only this time a much more boring experience. Kirito wastes time where instead of rescuing his girlfriend he screws around helping other players with their bullcrap. Everyone acting like the stakes are the same when in reality its just a game, no one will actually die if their character dies so everything just felt pointless and I felt irritated with Kirito for this. Then we have the simp squirming for Kirito's sister/cousin who of course... is in love with Kirito which is just so nauseating. Spent so much time with that nonsense. If wanted to have emotion could have just had her feel unsure of herself given the history with her brother/cousin and him being gone for two years, didn't need the incest. What the second half needed was more rescuing Asuna but I guess wouldn't have gotten 25 episodes then. Wish she could have done more herself but will take her dropping the keycard, needed to get up to her in the end after all. This second half was godawful, giving it a 3/10 feels generous and don't know if I can do that. A 2 seems better, had to constantly skip forward in these boring time wasting episodes.

4/10 final score I think though may lower to 3 after thinking on it more. Those last dozen episodes really soured my view on SAO. Will be a struggle to try and watch another season, MAL score it even lower than this so hardly a good sign...
@gswelcome check out Alicization. U might like it if u liked part 1.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jan 26, 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
Reply to Anayan_Kashyap
@gswelcome check out Alicization. U might like it if u liked part 1.
@Anayan_Kashyap I have heard that Alicization was the best of this series, if I skipped to it would I be confused for missing out on what came before? A season and a movie it looks like. Kirito and Asuna working together to beast SAO was certainly the best part, even their quiet moments with their "daughter", a shame everything else was so disappointing.
Jan 26, 6:23 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to gswelcome
@Anayan_Kashyap I have heard that Alicization was the best of this series, if I skipped to it would I be confused for missing out on what came before? A season and a movie it looks like. Kirito and Asuna working together to beast SAO was certainly the best part, even their quiet moments with their "daughter", a shame everything else was so disappointing.
@gswelcome yup, to understand everything you must watch whole s2, since it's the introduction of 2 very important characters -Sinon & Yuuki.

But if u just don't wanna know about Sinon it's fine, but you must know about Yuuki n the Mechanism of <<MEDICUBOID>> before watching Alicization, since it starts just from there.

So this is the prequisite-
1. S1 (if u watched whole then it's fine)
đź‘‘ 2. S2 [from ep 18 till end] know as <<MOTHER'S ROSARIO ARC>> n it's good, just a few eps.
3. Ordinal Scale (not necessary but it's better than s1 & s2 in terms of Animation, fight choreography, songs.

Then finally,
4. Alicization.

----
To sum it up all, just watch s2 from ep 18 n continued the series, if u like it.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Feb 1, 10:52 AM
Jan 2023
kocham tą serie całym sercem
Feb 10, 6:59 PM
Jul 2021
Good! Anddd aweesoesme!!!
Mar 5, 6:19 AM
May 2021
My second favorite anime
Mar 9, 7:19 AM

Jun 2020
Phew, finally its end for now. They could've done it better, really.
Mar 16, 1:15 PM

Nov 2023
I feel weird giving this a 7, but despite how much i fucking hated it like 60% of the time, the rest was really enjoyable I just kinda hate the fact there's so much here that just wasn't developed upon and never took the chance to reach the true potentional it has, I have a huuuge love hate relationship with this show butttttt... i really love its characters, even if we see so little of them. But the main two, kirito and asuna were perfect and their relationship really made the show that much more watchable for me. I really adore the premise of the aincrad arc, and I'm glad the progressive movies took the foundations this shitshow left and turned SAO into something that was genuinley fantastic.

Anyway. Onto season 2.
Apr 20, 9:10 AM
Jul 2021
to much yapping in this anime
Pages (29) « First ... « 27 28 [29]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.