Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2012 4:30 PM

Oct 2011
Whoaa!!! Really good episode this time!! Have to wait 2 weeks for ep. 13 huh!! So longgg!!!
Signature
Dec 20, 2012 4:33 PM

Nov 2008
do not quote me on this but the sales are pretty poor or mediocre, i could have sworn i heard that from a few people here, i do know its not a huge success at least.

If anyone told you that, they don't know what they are talking about because the first Blu-ray/DVD release is coming out on the 23rd of January.
Dec 20, 2012 4:41 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I absolutely love this series. Not for the plot as much as the way it's trolling everything surrounding it. Ever since it's become obvious that the world pretty much is affected by one girl, you just know that the anime is trying some dangerous. But I love what happens.

By no means I'd say this is a serious series and it has to be taken lightly but to be honest I don't think it aims to be serious. I think it's the first troll series I watched that actually has a plot that goes well. I can't even find words to describe the series xD I get surprised with every epi and it always makes me laugh. I know this sounds like I'm ridiculing the series but no. For me, its aim isn't a serious plot about world's destruction (and I'd be kinda surprised to see ppl watching it with that kind of thinking!) but who trolls the other the best with theories and moves and generally everything xD

After this epi, I'm sure Aika will have the last laugh xD
Dec 20, 2012 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
dbaranyi said:
do not quote me on this but the sales are pretty poor or mediocre, i could have sworn i heard that from a few people here, i do know its not a huge success at least.

If anyone told you that, they don't know what they are talking about because the first Blu-ray/DVD release is coming out on the 23rd of January.
ok then, thats reassuring that my info is full of shit

This show better sell then, it sure as shit deserves it especially since its one of the more original shounens to release in years, i like how its actually, you know.....smart and doesnt rely on fight scenes to sell the story. It can spend 4 episodes in a row in the same spot and make it not only entertaining but intriguing and make progress while in 1 area, like seriously how many plot points and twists have been resolved int he past 4 episodes, that is just damn impressive

In other words, fuck you japan if this doesnt sell

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 20, 2012 4:57 PM

Sep 2012
Face_Faith said:
Watching it after the manga was a good idea, after all. It's much easier to understand~ And Yoshino and Mahiro getting attacked wasn't such a shock this time, either... |D

Exactly what I was going to say... I seriously almost had a heart attack when I saw that in the manga. lol
Dec 20, 2012 5:03 PM

Nov 2008
i just re-watched the second half of the episode and I think that the final monologue (which I think was from the Tempest), said when Hakaze was flying with Yoshino, was actually recited by Aika's voice actress, not Hakaze's voice actress.

If so, that adds even more to the overall atmosphere.
Dec 20, 2012 5:07 PM

Dec 2011
Holy smokes! Hakaze takes the stage!
I didn't expect Yoshino and Mahiro to be disposed by the tree just like that since they have no use anymore!

Dang! Judging from the preview...
Looks exciting since I think there is some sort of timeskip and Samon to order Mahiro to kill Yoshino.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2012 5:41 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, hakaze seems kinda fond of yoshino. For some reason, I guessed that this would happen even before the series started....idk why
Dec 20, 2012 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that escalated quickly. In the end, I still don't know which tree is the good one.

Dec 20, 2012 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
Dec 20, 2012 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
KaiserNazrin said:
Well, that escalated quickly. In the end, I still don't know which tree is the good one.
im going with neither

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 20, 2012 6:16 PM
Nov 2012
dbaranyi said:
i just re-watched the second half of the episode and I think that the final monologue (which I think was from the Tempest), said when Hakaze was flying with Yoshino, was actually recited by Aika's voice actress, not Hakaze's voice actress.

If so, that adds even more to the overall atmosphere.

But that was definitely Aika's voice actress talking at the end, that's not Hakaze's condescending tone, if she has any.
Dec 20, 2012 6:23 PM

Dec 2012
This episode definitely threw me off completely. Was stunned by the turn of events and can't wait to see what's going to come out of this. This is only my personal speculation but

Dec 20, 2012 6:32 PM
Oct 2010
hakaze nude hnggg.

bad end
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 20, 2012 6:39 PM

Jul 2012
So many emotions ;__; Can't wait for next year~
Dec 20, 2012 6:43 PM
Nov 2012
Good episode. The ending was so shocking, so sudden and brutal. The tree of Genesis needs to die.Doesn't Hakaze have some kind of influence over the tree, can she get that thing to calm down? Aika is yet to be seen, where is that chick? I feel like she's pulling the strings. Lol at Samon , that guy is forever freaking out. And Yoshino's face says he didn't think Hakaze would be THAT hot. Hakaze is so cute <3
Dec 20, 2012 7:00 PM
Jun 2012
Even though I know they'll be okay, how could they do that to Yoshino and Mahiro, to me -_-. I'd read the manga to continue but I like being suprised with this anime because I never know where it'll go.
What if Aika's killer is actually herself? I also think maybe Yoshino and Hakaze-san would be good for eachother?
Dec 20, 2012 7:13 PM

Nov 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dbaranyi said:

ok then, thats reassuring that my info is full of shit

This show better sell then, it sure as shit deserves it especially since its one of the more original shounens to release in years, i like how its actually, you know.....smart and doesnt rely on fight scenes to sell the story. It can spend 4 episodes in a row in the same spot and make it not only entertaining but intriguing and make progress while in 1 area, like seriously how many plot points and twists have been resolved int he past 4 episodes, that is just damn impressive

In other words, fuck you japan if this doesnt sell

There is a CM (commercial) for the video releases now on the official website:

http://www.zetsuen.net/movie.html

It is CM #5 (currently in the upper left of the double stack of commercials and PVs)

BTW - the PVs and CMs in general are quite good - I like PV 1 in particular because it uses so much of the symphonic BGM.

But getting back to the video release - ouch - that is going to be painfully expensive: 2 episodes per volume... Oh well, it's only money...

(BTW - keep an eye on the butterfly that sits on the chosen button in the left selection column... it keeps on fluttering its wings from time to time... LOL)
Dec 20, 2012 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:
This episode definitely threw me off completely. Was stunned by the turn of events and can't wait to see what's going to come out of this. This is only my personal speculation but

Stop talking about manga spoilers casually as if you just guessed correctly to try and sound smart.It's really stupid.
Dec 20, 2012 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
xFelipe said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Stop talking about manga spoilers casually as if you just guessed correctly to try and sound smart.It's really stupid.
you dumbass, if hes spoiling something then dont call him out on it, you are just going confirm hes spoiling something while otherwise we would see it as random speculation and not take note of it

In other words YOU, technically just spoiled future events.....great job bud

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 20, 2012 7:53 PM
Sep 2011
My theory why Yoshino and Mashiro were attacked is because if both Hakaze and Samon are using their power to heal them there is no one who can stop the Tree of Genesis from completely reforming. It knew they wouldn't die.
Dec 20, 2012 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
xFelipe said:

Woah huge misunderstanding there. I'm just simply using the power of deduction combined with the information that has been presented thus far AND the way this anime seems to work. It's the kind that strikes me as one to explore all possibilities, this was just one that came to mind.

Additionally, I'm just going to assume that you assume everyone who posts speculations is a spoiling troll and leave it at that.
Dec 20, 2012 8:32 PM

Jan 2011
At this point we can't be sure which tree tried to take out either or both of Yoshino and Mahiro and for what purpose. Even Hakaze is unsure about the motives and actions of the ToG, while there is no clear indication of who is the mage of the ToE (if there is one).

This is actually my favourite new show this season. It may be because I can watch it in a high quality print (through CR), or simply because I'm getting my fix of Tempest quotes (I saw Sir Derek Jacobi in an RSC production which widely credited him as being the best Prospero in over a hundred years), or even because Hakaze is pretty easy on the eyes...but boy, this is good!
rodacDec 20, 2012 8:38 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 20, 2012 8:43 PM

Oct 2012
GoukaRyuu said:
My theory why Yoshino and Mashiro were attacked is because if both Hakaze and Samon are using their power to heal them there is no one who can stop the Tree of Genesis from completely reforming. It knew they wouldn't die.
Or maybe because mahiro was a threat to hakaze's life, since she said if it were the tree of genesis that killed aika, he could kill her, and with the huge conflict right now between yoshino and mahiro, about boyfriends and other things, it would be better to just kill them off for hakaze's sake. Besides, both te protagonists played their part in the tree of genesis' hands, so they are of no use.
Dec 20, 2012 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
naked hakaze-chan = priceless XD

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 20, 2012 9:45 PM

Jul 2012
When Yoshino split open... Jesus. I definitely didn't expect that. Interesting stuff and things are escalating very quickly.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 20, 2012 10:57 PM

Aug 2011
Dat preview. I don't understand where the plot is going whatsoever but so far it's kewl.
Dec 20, 2012 11:52 PM

May 2012
Gosh... please don't let Mashiro and Yoshino die...

Great episode... this is really turning crazy now.
Dec 21, 2012 1:21 AM
Sep 2012
IM SO CONFUSED! AND MAD. Dang tree killing off my bros.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Dec 21, 2012 2:19 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was tooooo damn awesome :D Not enough to save the 5 wasted episodes on a single scene though
Dec 21, 2012 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
So, 2 trees fight in this ep.yay

Not a fan of how the series uses the logic of the trees as a deux ex machina.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 21, 2012 3:44 AM

May 2010
wow it really was a storm..
Dec 21, 2012 3:49 AM

Sep 2011
UnbornMVs said:
This episode was tooooo damn awesome :D Not enough to save the 5 wasted episodes on a single scene though
I feel so bad for you if you saw the past 5 episodes as 1 scene, cause it ha sbeen so much more than that, especially since its resolved and introduced multiple major plot points

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 21, 2012 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
Awesome episode! Hakaze finally made it to the current timeline with Yoshino and Mahiro. That sure was a major storm. Mahiro and Yoshino got stabbed by tree branches and the like. Crazy as hell. Hakaze with her ponytail and being naked was quite nice, lol. :P Also liked those subtle Hakaze x Yoshino moments.

Heck yeah! So ZnT is still continuing next season. Samon asks Mahiro to kill Yoshino eh?! Can't wait!
Dec 21, 2012 5:49 AM

Sep 2008
So good.
Dec 21, 2012 7:07 AM

Aug 2012
This show is really good, but it's not really popular compared to other fall shows eh? I'm really glad I chose to watch this, this could be the best of this season.

Btw, watching how Tree of Genesis came out, I have *cough* weird *cough* imagination on how Hakaze will calm the trees. Oh, pardon me :P
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Dec 21, 2012 8:34 AM

Apr 2011
Wooooow! It has gotten intense...I like it!
I was like "WHAT THE HECK" when both main characters were (apparently) killed in a matter of seconds!
The preview seems odd. Are they dead now and the series takes place in "heaven"?
I am really looking forward to next week!
This episode: 5/5
Series so far: 9/10
Dec 21, 2012 8:50 AM

Jun 2010
Wow. Just wow. They got massacred. Btw epic TREE TO TREE action.
Dec 21, 2012 9:13 AM

Aug 2011
Good god, all hell broke loose! Their fatal injuries were damn horrible to say the least. Hakaze's return however, was a sight to behold.
Dec 21, 2012 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
I liked that tree on tree action but wow! Why Yoshino? I had guessed that Hakaze's nakedness would be the highlight of the episode but wow was I wrong.

Can't wait for next week! I just hope that they don't ruin it by ending it there.
Dec 21, 2012 9:23 AM

Apr 2011
Never thought that I'd think that two fucking trees fighting each other could be defined as epic and awesome, it does seriously sound hilariously bad.
Dec 21, 2012 9:40 AM

Dec 2012
This was intense, two trees duking it out and damn poor Yoshino and Mahiro >.<

Now to wait till 2013 for next episode. Glad to see Hakaze is finally off that damn island.
Dec 21, 2012 9:42 AM

Sep 2012
Zee530 said:
Perhaps you can elaborate how the logic of the trees is being used as a deux ex machina?

This episode indeed gives me a sense of wonder kind of awesome feeling. The comeback of Hakaze and how she took control of things (see how Samon could not even voice any bit of dissent once she is back), how things suddenly turned several magnitudes up on urgency and intensity with both trees getting out of control (and on a global scale), and then how both main characters would be mortally wounded so quickly and easily (ok I know they will survive but the fact that they suffered a wound that will kill them very soon if Hakaze and Samon did not use magic to save them is still a breathtaking development). Very good episode.
symbvDec 21, 2012 9:47 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 21, 2012 10:09 AM
Dec 2012
At first I feared they were going to kill time with some repetitive tricks again, but I was wrong. This ep turned into horror in the end. Serendipitous surprise!
Dec 21, 2012 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Zee530 said:
Perhaps you can elaborate how the logic of the trees is being used as a deux ex machina?

I'm not really saying its a bad thing but the missile scene just ticked me off.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 21, 2012 1:23 PM

Sep 2011
Zee530 said:
symbv said:
Zee530 said:

I'm not really saying its a bad thing but the missile scene just ticked me off.
You do have a point, but i dont think it counts as deus ex machina if its totally not going in anyone but the tree's favor, from the looks of it hakaze is being used just like yoshino and mahiro were, and she will be disposed of after she is done

So the missile really may be leading to her getting screwed over

Never thought id ever say this but, someone kill this fucking tree, it deserves to die.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 21, 2012 2:13 PM
Apr 2010
Ok seriously, I'm all up for debates but there's just way too much talking. I'm just about done with this series...
Dec 21, 2012 2:30 PM

Sep 2011
pilipino101 said:
Ok seriously, I'm all up for debates but there's just way too much talking. I'm just about done with this series...
You should of been able to tell within the first episode that this ISNT an action show, why wouldnt you expect alot of talking? The only other option is get generic and waste time on pointless fights or sit there in silence.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 21, 2012 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
Psssh..
Dec 21, 2012 3:18 PM

Feb 2012
She is back in the game, b1tch35.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.