Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2012 1:18 PM
Apr 2010
UnbornMVs said:
DAT TENTACLE RAPE

This lol

They have FOUR episodes to make things right. FOUR FUCKING EPISODES! They need to haul ass from here on out. Seriously, it's as if Asuna's urgency just became backdrop for Suguha's brocon; for me it seems too excessive and unneeded. GET BACK TO GETTING ASUNA!
Nov 24, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
Minus the random, uneeded, and overly-long tentacle scene, this episode was great - its nice to see some slower, character-development focused episodes and Asuna, finally got to do something. The end of episode as always, though, was chilling and awesome.

4/5, with one point deduced for ANOTHER tentacle fanservice scene(since its one of those scenes, alongside all the objectification of Asuna, on why I love SAO arc way way more than alfheim both in anime and ln. Alfheim has its moments but how Asuna is treated for the most of the arc is insulting)

ihateeveryone said:
Someone please explain how rape is excellent, modest, and nice.

Please.

THIS SO MUCH.

Whoever implied that seriously reeks of misogyny. Then again, this is MAL, half the community is sexist.
AhenshihaelNov 24, 2012 1:36 PM
Nov 24, 2012 1:31 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was ok. The end of the episode makes me think, they decided to skip some part of the light novel. Unless I'm going crazy, in the novel I think Kirito and Suguha got lost in the underground before reaching the city.

On the other hand, can't wait for next episode, if they follow the novel, it should be quite good.
Nov 24, 2012 1:32 PM
Oct 2012
Fucking A-1 cutting out Tonkii. Tentacle scene could have been shorter, oh well.
At least I can look forward to next week, when we will finally get forever Suguha animated, something I've been waiting for since it was clear they would also animate ALO.
Nov 24, 2012 1:38 PM

Feb 2012
Only watched 5 mins so far. Did they just skip the entire chapter 5?
Nov 24, 2012 1:42 PM

Nov 2009
I hate that this series has become more about tentacle molestation and Suguha's boobs than the actual storyline.
curiouser and curiouser :)
Nov 24, 2012 1:43 PM

Jun 2012
Tentacle monsters, tentacle rap-ish scenes. DAFUQ?

If there won't be some serious brain-rewrite action in the coming episodes. I can easily say that SAO -> ALO. And the SAO arc was meh. I don't think i will rate this Anime higher than a 6.5, seriously... And this Anime had the potential to be a good Anime...
Nov 24, 2012 1:44 PM
Nov 2011
YES!!! LEAFA FINALLY KNOWS THAT THERE IS IS 'MOMMY' THAT EXIST!!!! how much i want her to know that!!!!

Just why didn't Asuna press that button i bit quicker?!?!?!

GO ON KIRITO!!! GO AND FIND AND SAVE AZUNA!!!
Nov 24, 2012 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
*-* Asuna was too CLOSEEEE to loggin out, and Kirito was right there in the hospital agsdfo;agksjdf ugh!!! so frustraiting

And a School for the SAO students? Lisbeth, Silica, Sachi, everyone at the same school that would be cool to see :DD
Nov 24, 2012 1:56 PM

Aug 2012
It wasn't a bad episode (better than previous Alfheim ones) and Asuna actually appeared for more than 20 seconds so that was nice.
Not a fan of suguha and I'm still (somewhat) patiently awaiting the episode where Kirito finally saves Asuna

And I still don't understand how people can enjoy tentacle fanservice =.=
EvalonNov 24, 2012 2:01 PM
Nov 24, 2012 2:03 PM

Aug 2012
Good episode, but I hated the tentacle part.. It was a bit akward..
Stupid cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode O-O
Nov 24, 2012 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
Tentacles?
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 24, 2012 2:07 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, the ending of this episode was so badass :) i loved it
Nov 24, 2012 2:07 PM

Jan 2011
I guess this is getting interesting....
but if it has the shitty ending like it did when they died in SAO game, I'm gonna drop the score of the anime even more -.-

Nov 24, 2012 2:11 PM
Feb 2009
gotta wait for next week again :(
Nov 24, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
I was really pissed that Asuna didn't pressed that button a little bit quickier, the slime thingies were so creepy, and tbh, I didn't found the tentacle part fun or interesting at all... it was really disturbing, but ok, I can live with at least that little.

Also, I feel sorry for Suguha, I don't really care about her tbh but it must be really awful to feel heartbroken both IRL and in game because of the same person, poor thing.
Nov 24, 2012 2:27 PM

Feb 2011
Aside from the tentacle thing, good episode, as for the skipping over jotunheimr, they could just make it a separate episode or stand alone prelude up to Caliber SS in the next season. Yes we all know if any anime is getting a second season it is likely this one, out of all the other anime currently airing.
Nov 24, 2012 2:32 PM

Sep 2012
Amazing how Suguha can't recognize Kirito irl and ingame when they have so many similar features, disregarding the hair. i mean cmon.. (i know they can design how their avatar looks ingame), but atleast be a bit suspicious >_>
Nov 24, 2012 2:36 PM
May 2012
the alo part is way better than the sao part
and i like sugu better than asuna.
if Sao doesn't get a sequel then it would be weird to end the anime with only two female leads.the ln had atleast.
i wish for 2nd season.
now about this episode,
it was average compared to the last episode.only contained with two siblings emotions.i am waiting for the showdown.

Nov 24, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2012
i laughed at this part

Nov 24, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2011
Folks, I think we can all learn a lesson from Suguha's apparent heart break. Do not fall in love with your older cousin/brother/whatever-they're-still-related.
Nov 24, 2012 2:47 PM
Aug 2011
Maybe it's just me, but I have found the fact itself that Asuna was able to escape from the cage idiotic.
I mean, Oberon really needed a system so stupid to take her caged like a password? Couldn't he just write the code of the game in a way like: "Asuna can't go anyway but inside the cage"?
Suguha has said that there are areas where the characters can't enter. Couldn't Oberon make all that area (but the inside of the cage) off-limit for every non-admin character?
Nov 24, 2012 2:51 PM

Apr 2012

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 24, 2012 2:54 PM
Oct 2012
Bertock said:
Maybe it's just me, but I have found the fact itself that Asuna was able to escape from the cage idiotic.
I mean, Oberon really needed a system so stupid to take her caged like a password? Couldn't he just write the code of the game in a way like: "Asuna can't go anyway but inside the cage"?
Suguha has said that there are areas where the characters can't enter. Couldn't Oberon make all that area (but the inside of the cage) off-limit for every non-admin character?

Because he didn't think it would matter. Is this the first time that a fictional/real character hasn't made the absolutely best choice in a situation?
Nov 24, 2012 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
Am i the only one who likes Suguha/Leafa more than Asuna?
And that tentacle part was hilarious, i knew Yumekichi would write something like this xd
Nov 24, 2012 2:57 PM

Aug 2011
*Tentacles*

Wow way to beat a dead horse A-1.
Nov 24, 2012 2:58 PM
Aug 2011
whatever123456 said:
Bertock said:

Because he didn't think it would matter. Is this the first time that a fictional/real character hasn't made the absolutely best choice in a situation?

So the only possible conclusion is that the Big Bad is not only crazy, but also stupid. Perfect
Nov 24, 2012 3:03 PM
Oct 2011
Bertock said:
That was really necessary, to show the tentacles part. Don't think while watching SAO, it'll hurt your brain.

kevsterr95 said:
Amazing how Suguha can't recognize Kirito irl and ingame when they have so many similar features, disregarding the hair. i mean cmon.. (i know they can design how their avatar looks ingame), but atleast be a bit suspicious >_>
What I said above.

The Suguha crying scene left me in tears, because of the wasted animation, OST and potential that is, but again, what am I expecting here? It's just another fanfic made by an otaku aimed for otaku, nothing more, nothing less, well at least he admits after +10 years that his work is terrible.

Either way, it looks like we're back to the harem, with Suguha joining it. This show is literally as good as OniAi, they're both the same, pure fanservice with girls being attracted for the MC for no reason whatsoever.
Candor123Nov 24, 2012 3:09 PM
Nov 24, 2012 3:06 PM

Oct 2010
Questions to anyone who read the LN:

About the high school for the ones who were inside SAO... is that really going to happen further in the story?

Also, does Kirito ever meet up with Silica and/or Liz in real life?

Sep 2008
Asuna should have been an awesome character, but I get negative utility at the sight of her.

I'm neutral with Sugu but...

I get plenty of positive utility with Lyfa-chan. What is wrong with me?
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com

May 2011
Kinda sad they skipped and entire part..but I guess I don't mind that much, it was still a good episode, maybe they can use it as OVA material?
Nov 24, 2012 3:09 PM
Aug 2011
Candor said:
Bertock said:
That was really necessary, to show the tentacles part. Don't think while watching SAO, it'll hurt your brain.

I thought that I had learned that lesson, but there are still moments that my brain refuses to acknowledge that things like this could really arrive to have an anime -_-
Nov 24, 2012 3:10 PM
Oct 2012
Bertock said:

Yes he could have, but Sugou is the type of person who is so in love with his own intelligence that he assumes everyone else is a complete idiot.

The passcode was set up deliberately to torture Asuna. Notice the way he smirked when he entered the code: he thought himself so clever having it seem so simple, but yet making it impossible for her to figure it out. That she could figure out a method would have meant that she was in some way smarter than him, and his ego could neither accept or even imagine that possibility. As such using a system command would never have even occurred to him

People have such blindspots. It is related to the psychological concept of cognitive dissonance. If you have the opportunity to see one in the real world, you will find it absolutely amazing (and in some cases downright scary) how far it can extend, and how far the person will take it rather than confront the truth they don't want to accept.

Plus Sugou isn't exactly playing with a full deck.
Nov 24, 2012 3:12 PM

Sep 2012
This episode was decent, even though the moment I first saw the Tentacle guy's, I already knew where this was going.
Especially the way she gives up all methods of stealth and goes straight for the system controller.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Nov 24, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was sort of bad and it should feel bad. The thing bad about the episode was the fan service that the episode gave out. The tentacle slim rape thing that some hentais have, was ACTUALLY in the episode. Asuna gets out of the cage and tried to escape. She found the experiment hanger and found out that Sugou trapped at least 300 players from SAO in brain experiments. The slimes come in when she found out and she tried to access the console. As she ran there and nearly logged out, with like a 0.5 SECONDS close to the log out button, the slime comes and hang her upside down. While they were showing us the hanging, we nearly saw up her skirt and her boobs were nearly out. While one of the slimes go to inform Sugou, this one sumbitch slime hanging her, used his tentacles and was wrapping around the body. He wrapped around her legs and waist. The tentacles were also shown nearly touching her v****a. Well, I'm FUCKING done with the unnecessary fan service. It's fucking unneeded and it should just be wiped out. It's just ruining how great SAO was as a novel than it was as an anime. Another thing bad about the episode would have to be how dense Kirito could get. He said all those things about going to the hospital and crying over about Asuna all in FRONT of SUGUHA. Suguha also has feelings for him but being the dense person he is, he never notices SHIT. The part when he said he was going to see Asuna and how happy she'll be if Suguha visits was just too painful for me to watch. The episode had some good points though. Kirito pulling a prank on Suguha was a reliever before all the drama, hentai and seriousness starts. I felt so bad for Suguha in this episode. She finally realizes her feelings and was sad to find out that she may never win against Asuna. She cries in ALO with Kirito (Seriously? Still can't tell?) and lets out all her sorrow in the world where she can be herself. Then after all that crying, they set out for the World Tree. Yui, being the awesome AI she is, senses Asuna nearby and Kirito immediately flies like a jet to see her. He just left Lyfa there after all she went through. SMFH. Considering how the episodes are progressing I can deduce that
Considering how there are so many anime only watchers, that made this one of the most overrated anime of all time, the success and buy rate for the series would be extremely high. Thus, the final ending would show new characters for the next season, such as Shino.
ShinoAsadaNov 24, 2012 3:19 PM
Nov 24, 2012 3:15 PM
Aug 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Bertock said:

Yes he could have, but Sugou is the type of person who is so in love with his own intelligence that he assumes everyone else is a complete idiot.

The passcode was set up deliberately to torture Asuna. Notice the way he smirked when he entered the code: he thought himself so clever having it seem so simple, but yet making it impossible for her to figure it out. That she could figure out a method would have meant that she was in some way smarter than him, and his ego could neither accept or even imagine that possibility. As such using a system command would never have even occurred to him

People have such blindspots. It is related to the psychological concept of cognitive dissonance. If you have the opportunity to see one in the real world, you will find it absolutely amazing (and in some cases downright scary) how far it can extend, and how far the person will take it rather than confront the truth they don't want to accept.

So you are basically telling me that the Big Bad of this arc is someone that will do everything he can to lose just because he is crazy/idiot.

Probably it's the only way they could prosecute with the plot, since every normal person, once that will find out that Kirito is there to save Asuna, would just ban him forever
Nov 24, 2012 3:17 PM

May 2011
Limechan said:

About the high school for the ones who were inside SAO... is that really going to happen further in the story?

Actually you sort of get that answer in this episode when the Suguha and Kirito are talking on the bus. that all the school age survivors of SAO are offered a special private school that has advantageous merits that will help them catch up for lost time. And, as Kirito pointed out, it will help keep young SAO survivors in one place so the government can secretly keep an eye on them for psychological trauma.

You know Silica would most likely attend this school. As for Lizbeth it's dependent on age. I'm assuming she's Asuna's age.

Bertock said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Bertock said:

So you are basically telling me that the Big Bad of this arc is someone that will do everything he can to lose just because he is crazy/idiot.

Probably it's the only way they could prosecute with the plot, since every normal person, once that will find out that Kirito is there to save Asuna, would just ban him forever

No he's saying Sugou is a sadist and likes giving false hope to someone so he can crush it. Having the keycode there but not being able to see it is exhilarating for a sadist. He purposely made it so Asuna couldn't directly stare at the keycode pad without it blurring her eyes. But as with all programing logic, if you don't give perfect instructions there's always bugs. The bug was Asuna being able to stare at the reflection in the mirror. The program not seeing that as looking directly at the keycode disregards the blurring effect.

Also, Sugou isn't a brilliant man. He's a control freak sadist who's driven by greed and power. Most of Alfhiem is just a big copy of SAO with minor changes. Kirito was even able to retain most of his skillset from SAO which made him uber-powerful from the start. It's obvious Alfhiem was a hatchet job to serve Sugou's purposes.

Your whole argument is why even have the keypad there. The counter-argument is that Sugou is a sadist and put it there to torment Asuna.
CirrisNov 24, 2012 3:37 PM
Nov 24, 2012 3:20 PM

May 2009
The pacing is much better on ALO story. I thought it would have ended sooner, lol. Glad it didn't.
Nov 24, 2012 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
So... why did Asuna just run out open in the hallway again?

Right.

Plot.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 24, 2012 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
Cirris said:
Limechan said:

Actually you sort of get that answer in this episode when the Suguha and Kirito are talking on the bus. that all the school age survivors of SAO are offered a special private school that has advantageous merits that will help them catch up for lost time. And, as Kirito pointed out, it will help keep young SAO survivors in one place so the government can secretly keep an eye on them for psychological trauma.

You know Silica would most likely attend this school. As for Lizbeth it's dependent on age. I'm assuming she's Asuna's age.

Yeah, I know, but I was asking if he will enroll that school in the future. It would be really cool if Kirito attended the same school as Asuna, Liz and Silica, though.
Nov 24, 2012 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
Limechan said:

Don't click spoiler if you can hold off 4 more episodes(as I'm pretty sure they'll anime it), but if you can't be bothered that long and love to be spoiled:
Nov 24, 2012 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
really?! tentacle rape?! it just felt so out of place and weird lol...wait i feel like i seen this before in SAO already.
Nov 24, 2012 3:27 PM
Oct 2012
Bertock said:

No, that isn't what I said, but hey you keep on defining it to suit your small little world.

As for banning Kirito. Why on god's earth would he even care? Kirito is no one in his world. A pathetic little gaming grub who thinks he married Asuna in some other game. Sugou is a successful business executive, leading a multi-million dollar project that he believes will give him infinite power over the minds of the gamers. In the real world, Kirito would be less of a threat than a cockroach. Only someone who can't distinguish between fantasy and reality would think otherwise.
Nov 24, 2012 3:28 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man, oh man, she located mommy at the end, and Kirito went up flyin' high.

I bet those "Angel" beings up there will put up a good fight against Kirito.
Nov 24, 2012 3:31 PM

Sep 2008
Takuan_Soho said:

As for banning Kirito. Why on god's earth would he even care? Kirito is no one in his world. A pathetic little gaming grub who thinks he married Asuna in some other game. Sugou is a successful business executive, leading a multi-million dollar project that he believes will give him infinite power over the minds of the gamers. In the real world, Kirito would be less of a threat than a cockroach. Only someone who can't distinguish between fantasy and reality would think otherwise.

Nov 24, 2012 3:32 PM

Aug 2012
so... Asuna gets caught again. Suguha admits that she can't confront Kirito about her feelings (surprise surprise, MC can't ever ever choose a girl besides the main one). Nothing that occurred in this episode was unexpected.

Yeah... Really lame episode imo.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 24, 2012 3:35 PM
Aug 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Bertock said:

No, that isn't what I said, but hey you keep on defining it to suit your small little world.

Maybe I'm the wrong one, but I can't really enjoy the victory of the protagonist when he could have lose a million time but he didn't just because the evil guy let him do everything he need to win.

He is a sadist. I can't find any best way to crash Kirito's hopes than go right in front of him e ban him forever right in that moment, in a way that the only think he could ever do is crying and knowing that I'm going to marry his comatose wife.
Nov 24, 2012 3:36 PM

Aug 2012
loltentacles, episode was okay. Surely Asuna could squeeze through the gaps in the bars of that cage anyway...

Also fgs it is SO obvious Kirito is Kirigaya whyyyyyyyyyy is Suguha still oblivious.
Nov 24, 2012 3:36 PM
Oct 2012
Scrypt said:

Nov 24, 2012 3:40 PM
Oct 2012
Bertock said:
whatever123456 said:
Bertock said:

So the only possible conclusion is that the Big Bad is not only crazy, but also stupid. Perfect

He has no reason to assume it would matter. And like I said, if the villain always handled everything perfectly from an outside observer's point of view, the "hero" would never win.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.