Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2008 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
Yes, very tasty 16:9

At least this episode didn't end on a completley sour note; although I seriously thought Sunohara knew Sanae was married; whoops~
Dec 14, 2008 4:12 AM

Dec 2008
Although for me violence is only used as a last method, some parts in this episode actually made me feel otherwise. Even though I myself went through the same mistake as Sunohara did, there are just some people that will never change their ways, and chose to torment others just to make themselves feel better. In my opinion and through past events, I'd say it's best not to get involved with people with people you know that your going to eventually lose sanity towards...
Now..back to the episode LOL, I thought the episode was great and a good way to sum up the Sunohara arc. The fact that Mei is willing to do anything for Youhei's sake, and that Youhei trusts Tomoya to the extent of letting him "be" with his own sister makes one want to have these kind of people in their own lives. The fact that Tomoya and Youhei fought at the end really DOES show what they thought of the situation and finally cleared things up between the two (on top of that, laughing it off at the end was good lesson learnt). It was funny when Youhei FINALLY found out who Sanae was and the reaction of Akio was hilarious. My only complaint was seeing Nagisa and Mei cry near the end...but this is still a 5/5 for me.
Dec 16, 2008 6:09 AM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one who didn´t like the episode? I found myself bored and irritated while watching it. For starters, why the hell is Mei trying so hard to make her brother join the soccer club? I mean, she saw what kind of awful people it is running it, does she really think Sunohara is going to enjoy spending time with them? And she doesn´t even know if he wants to join at all! So far, I´m not enjoying after story. But I did love Clannad for some reason.
Jan 3, 2009 4:20 PM

Jul 2008
Go Sunohara!! This was such a sweet ep., it nearly made me cry! =']

Seeing the friendship between Sunohara and Tomoyo was also an awesome part of it. Overall, awesome!!
HydraA said:
Am I the only one who didn´t like the episode? I found myself bored and irritated while watching it. For starters, why the hell is Mei trying so hard to make her brother join the soccer club? I mean, she saw what kind of awful people it is running it, does she really think Sunohara is going to enjoy spending time with them? And she doesn´t even know if he wants to join at all! So far, I´m not enjoying after story. But I did love Clannad for some reason.

It's because of Mei's love for her brother! She wanted him so badly to become like old Sunohara that she'd do anything for it and she saw the soccer team as an option so went with it, forgetting along the way that it really wasn't a good idea for obvious reasons.
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Feb 6, 2009 1:12 PM

Jan 2008
So basically for this arc Mei just came to confirm that her brother still cares for her, and goes home.

Just wished that they explain a little more why Sunohara pretended like he didn't cared for Mei or even why he didn't cared for that kid who was bullied while he was dating Sanae in previous ep. I was hoping there's a deeper reason like wanting Mei to be not so dependent on him or something else.

A little exaggerated as always, but i enjoyed it. Heroic Sunohara was awesome.
Apr 1, 2009 6:57 PM

Oct 2008
Wow emotional wreck much. Still interesting episode. I loved the interesting flashbacks of Sunohara's and Okazaki's past.
Apr 4, 2009 3:59 PM

May 2007
id said:
So basically for this arc Mei just came to confirm that her brother still cares for her, and goes home.

Just wished that they explain a little more why Sunohara pretended like he didn't cared for Mei or even why he didn't cared for that kid who was bullied while he was dating Sanae in previous ep. I was hoping there's a deeper reason like wanting Mei to be not so dependent on him or something else.

A little exaggerated as always, but i enjoyed it. Heroic Sunohara was awesome.
He pretended not to care, cuz she was with Tomoya. So he thoght she would be safe with him.
*Remembers the "Tomoya Oni-chan" thing
lol
I guess he is VERY WRONG.
LMAO

I'm glad that they are picking up other paths.
I liked very much Mei and Sunohara's paths in the game.
I thought it would kind of become boring if i watched this arc on the series, since i've saw before in the game, but i was wrong.
I like how it was adapted.
Especially when in the game somethings didn't happened, yet, so they had to adapt things here and there...
Apr 26, 2009 9:19 PM

Dec 2008
overfunk said:
Fuck yes, best Clannad episode ever.

Exactly my words^^^^^
May 3, 2009 2:32 AM
Apr 2009
Am I the only one who thought Tomoya was a giant ass for not telling Sunohara about the whole Mei thing being a lie?

He should have fought those Soccer Club guys earlier too.
May 5, 2009 10:35 PM

Mar 2009
this episode was great
and i was amazed by the tight friendship of tomoya and sunohara.
and i was also happy because sunohara finally understood his sister.
and thew ending was also funny.
Jun 16, 2009 7:58 PM

Jun 2009
so teary, whatever happens friends will be friends
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 17, 2009 6:46 AM
Apr 2009
I never thought a Key anime would get retarded like this.
Only Fuko and Kotomi arc were good (first season) after that the show is getting worse and worse.
Jun 19, 2009 7:41 AM

Jun 2009
Fights were well animated. I liked this episode.
Jun 24, 2009 9:51 PM

Jun 2009
Cortez321 said:
After all the character development in the past series on Sunohara, it would be pretty strange to suddenly show his serious side.

It is like you have a friend you knew all you life, whom you know will always laugh at the simplest things, when suddenly you see him suddenly try to break everyone's neck (figuratively) whenever they tried to get close to him

Sunohara did not just suddenly turn that way, his little sister is involved.

People tend to act differently when someone they cared about are involved.

Usually, I'm the carefree bum who's always laughing and having fun, but, touch my family/close friends/girls that I know and adore/like, you'll see me as a different person.

Sunohara is that kind of character, if you fail to understand that, then you obviously have no idea about the other side all human possess. A cowardly father will run into a burning building for his kids, a well natured mother may kill for their child.

Cortez321 , I'm sure no matter who you are, there is certain someone in your heart that you'll protect with everything you have. ^_^ If what happen in this episode happens to my little sister, I'd probably won't rest until the whole soccer clubs on their knees and beg for mercy. (mind state, as for how it'll turn out, I'd probably get my ass kicked, but at that moment, I will not care about the outcome.)

neoalexys said:
I never thought a Key anime would get retarded like this.
Only Fuko and Kotomi arc were good (first season) after that the show is getting worse and worse.

In what way is this dumb? Please state your reason instead of random flaming.
AirStylesJun 24, 2009 10:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2009 11:43 PM

Jun 2009
Man, this episode is brimming with manly action. I hate those soccer club members and wished that they were beaten up even more badly.

That aside, the relationship between Sunohara and Tomoya was indeed very close and awesome. I laughed when they laughed.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 9, 2009 3:05 AM

May 2008
OUTSTANDING! I'm constantly impressed on how well written Clannad is, and how well defined the characters are. I wasn't surprised to find out that a lot of the problems with Mei and Tomoya 'dating' were because Sunohara has a higher opinion of Tomoya than Tomoya has.

I know in my heart this anime is going to end badly, but I'm hooked and in it for the long run.
Jul 11, 2009 10:37 PM

May 2009
AirStyles said:

Sunohara did not just suddenly turn that way, his little sister is involved.

People tend to act differently when someone they cared about are involved.

Usually, I'm the carefree bum who's always laughing and having fun, but, touch my family/close friends/girls that I know and adore/like, you'll see me as a different person.

Sunohara is that kind of character, if you fail to understand that, then you obviously have no idea about the other side all human possess. A cowardly father will run into a burning building for his kids, a well natured mother may kill for their child.

I agree with how you viewed Sunohara. He might have seemed cold, but I think he cares for his sister a lot. Otherwise, he wouldn't have secretly checked on the soccer team when he found out his sister was begging them to let him in.

Also, this episode brings back memories, and the good old beat the bad guys (soccer team) to a pulp. Wished more anime can pull this off though.
Jul 12, 2009 6:22 AM
Jul 2009
I really don't think Sunohara is the one acting out of character in this arc... More like everyone else is.
Mei: Up until this arc a visit of her would consist of cleaning up his room then go to hang out with Nagasi until later on the episode Sunohara gets visited by Tomoya where he's sulking about being abondoned by his own sister, this arc he finally stops sulking and not a moment later Mei suddenly needs Tomoya to take her out and do brother-sister things.
Nagashi's mom: Somehow she failed to mention to Sunohara that she was already married for two days after the pretending had become unneccesary.
Tomoya: Sorry but he comes over as an enormous douche if you think about it. There in the classroom Sunohara was acting n the conviction that Tomoya and his sister were going out and that Sasae was Nagashi's hot older sister and was single and interested. Tomoya convinced him of both these things, for reasons that have long since passed, he is understandably pissed off at how Sunohara was acting but doesn't explain things to him. He seriously needs to be taught when he takes a joke to far.
Jul 12, 2009 6:38 AM

Jun 2009
Yes, I do agree. As much as I like Tomoya, some of his pranks on Sunohara are overdone. I feel like smashing that guy with a warhammer sometimes.

Of course, Sunohara should have been more supportive and understanding of his sister as well. I think I was dissatisfied with how they never really got a great make up and be good again by the end of this episode.

Ironically, only Tomoya and Sunohara made up. Wtf?!?!
Fear the finger of death
Jul 13, 2009 4:34 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, that was one hell of an arc. It looks to me as though i'm going to enjoy after story even more than the first season. And I loved the first season. It was cool to see the bond between Tomoya and Youhei. I liked how they literally beat the hell out of each other, saw each other the next day, and laughed about it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 14, 2009 7:20 AM

Jun 2009
The power of friendship. They were really close, weren't they?
Jul 15, 2009 10:37 PM

Jun 2009
They were very close no doubt. Although, I wished they developed more on the Sunohara x Mei relationship rather than Tomoya x Sunohara at the end. But of course, Tomoya's the main character and this was most likely a better course to take. Do you think so too?
Fear the finger of death
Aug 15, 2009 9:21 AM

Jul 2008
Only one word to describe my current feelings , 'overwhelmed'.

Aug 15, 2009 6:33 PM

Jun 2009
Epic fight scene! I hope Sunohara gets a real girlfriend though.
Aug 17, 2009 11:00 PM
Apr 2009
Definitely my favorite episode. Even I'm feeling relieved after watching the fights.
Sep 5, 2009 6:22 PM

May 2008
Is it just me, or is Tomoya a horrible friend. Tomoya makes his best friend believe he's dating his sister, and given that Sunohara is a good enough guy and really believes in Tomoya, he allows it. Then Tomoya gets all pissed because Sunohara doesn't stop him from dating his sister and picks fights with him. Not only that, Tomoya sets Sunohara up with Nagisa's mom, and lets him fall in love. Then doesn't even tell Sunohara about it and lets him talk to her husband... I mean wtf kind of demon is this guy.
In the End, was it worth it?
Sep 7, 2009 9:20 AM

Aug 2009
Damn. This shit is the best. I love how things turned up in the end.
Starting to like Sunohara and Tomoya more. <3
Sep 12, 2009 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
It was sweet, on how much the sis was willing to do... But it's SOOO stupid to blame that on Sunohara's incompetence.

And, duh, of course he cared about her the whole time. I mean, sometimes, Tomoyo is one stupid person...

I almost wish their roles were reversed...

But at least Sunohara got the screen time and attention he deserved! Now, hopefully, the rest of After Story can be this profound...
Oct 2, 2009 6:46 PM
Jun 2008
Hmm, I didn't liked the story of this arc, but the ending was well made at least.
Oct 10, 2009 7:51 AM

Dec 2008
the idea with the soccer club was pretty dumb,you can't bargain with assholes.

I like Tomoya for his attitude when he is angry, he is really cool.

the end was great as Sunohara realizes that Sanae is her mother
and Tomoya laughed about his prank.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2010 2:32 PM

May 2008
This is my favourite episode so far, I believe. Nothing like a nice good fight in the rain to settle back your friendship, and then just laughing it off in the end. Tomoya and Sunohara are the bestest pals ever.
Jan 29, 2010 2:45 PM
Oct 2009
Probably the worst episode of both series so far.Really hated this one,everything was so fakely over-dramatic.Hell,it's one of the worst episodes I've seen of any anime.
Feb 4, 2010 7:23 PM
Jul 2009
Best episode so far! From both this season and the first one.

I really loved how they had a fight but later became friends again the next day. ^_^
Feb 21, 2010 12:56 PM

Jan 2010
OMG I loooooooove this episode!

When the boys were fighting I got so emotional! I was like "Please make up! Please be friends!" And then at the end when Tomoya remembers the first time they met, I MIGHT have gotten a little teary eyed. lol

I love Youhei and Tomoya's relationship. Maybe I'm just a sucker for guy relationships (not Yaoi) but in the words of Hermione Granger (from The Goblet of Fire)....."boys."

:-)
Feb 25, 2010 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
jeez Mei has replaced Fuko as the most annoying character ever. i didn't hav a problem with her before but constantly whining gets on my nerves. if i knew a girl that acted like she did id slap her
Mar 3, 2010 12:14 PM

Feb 2010
This episode had me crying!
It just makes me want a sibling. (I'm an only child)

I loved how Sunohara just came in there and kicked those guys butts!(with much help from Tomoya!)

When they started talking about Nagisa I KNEW that Tomoya would kick their butts. Nobody talks about Nagisa!!

And then when Tomoya and Sunohara started fighting, I was like "Tomoya kick his butt" Sunohara needed a good butt kicking.

But I have respect for Sunohara. At least he came around.

The ending was so funny! Again, I was like "Akio kick his butt" hahaha Tomoya laughing in the background was funny~!
Apr 4, 2010 1:14 AM

Jun 2007
to tell the truth, I am very glad this arc is over.
the drama with sunohara, mei, and the soccer team, was too much. to the point that it became unbelievable and (dare I say) stupid to me.
I just can't believe that sunohara can be as dense to believe that tomoya and mei were actually romantically involved. I disliked this arc because of how they portrayed sunohara's character, they went to far to make him look like a jackass...
so to the positive side now, clannad just knows how to work with the comedy, so there is no need for me say how much I laughed throughout the arc. but what I love the most is how they touched tomoya & sunohara's friendship <3
from them almost getting into a fight, fighting together, fighting each other, laughing at each other, a look of how they met, and finally ending it with tomoya teasing sunohara like the old days. that just saved this arc for me :) I wish they would have shown more of their friendship instead >.>
Apr 9, 2010 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
overally this episode was very dramatic...but the ending is worth it...that makes me kinda sad that i don't have a best friend,i mean i have friends,but i wouldn't call either of them best :'(

5/5 anyway,great ep!
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 9, 2010 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
xxjanism said:

I just can't believe that sunohara can be as dense to believe that tomoya and mei were actually romantically involved.

Now, I last saw this episode a year ago, so I may be remembering wrong, but Mei wanted Sunohara to notice her, and she did many things to try to get his attention, such as acting like her and Tomoya were going out. The main problem of the arc is Sunohara is completely infatuated with Sanae dressed as a schoolgirl. And so he stops caring about what happens to Mei. Older siblings are supposed to look out for the younger after all. So unless I'm remembering wrong, I really think you missed the mark on what this episode was about.

EDIT: Ah, okay, you just wanted more Tomoya/Sunohara moments from a more careful analysis of your post. I shouldn't bother bringing up that Clannad's entire focus is on family and how in this arc it's the bond between brother and sister that is explored. I'm sure there's some yaoi material featuring that pair.
Apr 11, 2010 10:09 AM

Mar 2010
Favorite episode so far.
Lots of emotion in it especially since it seals the bond between Sunohara and Okazaki's friendship.
It's good to have friends.<3
Apr 20, 2010 11:42 AM

Feb 2010
This Episode was really strange, from funny to depressing to funny to depressing to funny. Makes some kind of mushed up mad-salad...
May 12, 2010 11:09 PM

Sep 2008
Great episode. I didn't care much for Mei when she was introduced, but I think I've grown to like her. I thought trying to get through to the soccer team was alsousless, but Mei was that desprate.

Heck, I started laughing at their faces before they did xD
Jun 5, 2010 8:45 AM
Feb 2008
I agree that things were overly dramatic. I mean goddamn where did the rain come from it was just a nice sunny day before when they're were dealing with the soccer team and a nice sunset when they were kicking their ass. I mean even the captain of the soccer team was cliche. Like a generic thug from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Still though it was nice to see Okazaki and Sunohara be true bros. I don't get why people say Sunohara HAS to be comic relief only. That's the whole point of character development. Showing your character has more than a one sided gimmick.

As for Mei I just chalked it up to her being a little kid so she was dumb. It's ok though since she was well intentioned and worried about her brother because graduation was getting so close. 6 months away according to Sunohara.

I think I enjoyed this episode more than I should have due to finally kicking some ass. It was about time someone got punched in the face! BROS 4 LYFE!

On a sidenote are they EVER gonna tell us about what the fuck is going on with that girl and that little junkbot?
Jun 17, 2010 7:18 PM
Jun 2010
I liked this episode but it was way too emotional for no reason. Maybe it's the music effect...

Jul 19, 2010 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
The way they pronounce soccer sounds like 'sucker'.
Jul 27, 2010 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
Woah. Heavy. Glad that arc is over... it was intense!! It was fantastic (this ep gets a rare 5/5 from me).... but it was an emotional roller coaster.

I have no idea what the next ep is really about based on the preview... we shall see..
Jul 30, 2010 10:07 AM
Jun 2010
This was such a good episode, probally the best of what i watched so far. I really like how its becoming way more dramatic and i hope the series will continue being as powerfull as this episode. This gets a 5/5, such a great and well developed episode. and that scene with the fight between Okazaki and Sunoharu was so epic.
WilyJulianJul 30, 2010 10:41 AM
Jul 31, 2010 5:22 PM

May 2010
JeremyC said:
Definitely the best episode out of both the first and second season so far for me.

This!

I loved the drama in this episode..
Sep 5, 2010 11:21 AM
Jul 2010
Okazaki should've come to Mei-chan's aid sooner, he shouldn't have hesitated at all, him being a renowned(?) fighter at the school doesn't help his case either.
Sep 14, 2010 5:45 PM

Jun 2009
I think this episode was really good! That is how friendship is. I even cry in this ep...
I am glad that Sunohara save Mei that was really kawaii!
When they saw their faces all hurt and they start to laugh! I even start to laugh and I don't know why!
Love the end! Was really funny.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1170 by -45- »»
Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mflatischler - Jan 22, 2009

255 by tamildhool111 »»
May 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

245 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 8, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.