Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2008 3:20 PM

Dec 2007
Moee~~
Oct 24, 2008 3:52 PM
Dec 2007
mehulrules said:
The episode was okay, interesting because of the whole Kitamura liking Taiga before. I wonder how that will effect w/e else goes on b/w them.
I know, it was like a bombshell when kitamura went all "I loved Taiga" and Ryuuji just falls flat right there and then with a "you got to be kidding me" expression.

Well, Taiga wasn't able to get his picture, but Ryuuji scored two more points in his quest to catch Minori's attention by getting a picture of her (and her pudding) "from" her as well as getting the opportunity to make lunch for all four of them from now on. I hope they keep this flow, enough of a window for them to either end up together or with their respective crushes.

Oct 24, 2008 4:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
Actually I read some profiles about Ami from people who read the novel so I am not wrong if I did that. Right? Unless you are ready to say most of those people are wrong.

Then you should clarify that before you go on a completely unnecessary tirade about how you hate models cause frankly, I don't think people really need to know that you hate models, practice magic, get bad vibes from bisexuals, or had bad experiences with women.

LOL!!!

The whole episode was LOL!!!

...Sorry for that non-constructive part of my post..... Anyway, this episode was actually funnier than the last one. We got to see a lot of cute scenes and cute reactions... But I really found Ryuuji's obsession with green mold funny. I mean, you can see him in the opening maniacally eradicating mold from the windows of his classroom... What a weird hobby....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 24, 2008 4:44 PM

Jun 2007
it was a great episode, with good comedy at least. i am getting kind of bothered by the way J.C staff is adapting this anime, but that may just be me, and even if they are not completely following the order, they are still making it somehow good.
there was a lot of deredere taiga this episode, it was moe
even without reading the gg notes, i found taiga to be quite funny with her OHHA!.... she seemed so.... dense.
Taiga was cute while being held off by kitamura... am i sensing some feelings coming from kitamura towards the student council president?
LOL @ Haruta.... what the hell was he saying? xD
i am sad they didn't do the dancing before sitting scene from the manga... i was really amused by it.
YAY for them finally showing bandana-Ryuuji, the cleaner of all mold...
Sudoh-Bucks made my day. specially when ryuuji said "how is this place not getting sued?"
overflowing drool taiga is moe
Perfect Cube potato.... lol
Minorin is so cute... lol @ her picture while eating puddin.
yay, the secret is finally revealed.... they revealed it so much earlier in the manga, but i guess it is good that they finally said it.
Inko's normalness was just funny.
overall, this episode needed more kushieda.

next episode, we get to see Ami, yay
Oct 24, 2008 4:48 PM

Sep 2007
I actually would like it if Taiga and Ryuuji kept their respective crushes and just kind of supported each other throughout the show. I think someone mentioned this earlier - Asako? But yeah. That would be pretty cool, though it's obviously not going to happen.
Oct 24, 2008 4:56 PM

Aug 2007
Don't know why the decided to make the student council president have blue hair instead of black hair like in the novel... oh well i guess. Got more Taiga moeness and next episode ami gets introduced
Oct 24, 2008 5:10 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
Actually I read some profiles about Ami from people who read the novel so I am not wrong if I did that. Right? Unless you are ready to say most of those people are wrong.

Then you should clarify that before you go on a completely unnecessary tirade about how you hate models cause frankly, I don't think people really need to know that you hate models, practice magic, get bad vibes from bisexuals, or had bad experiences with women.

I did clarify! I tell you from experiences and besides I am not only using personal experiences as examples. TRUST ME AMI IS GOING TO BE TROUBLE! I really HATE personalities like her. Look you tell the truth or you hide from it. She hides all the time from the looks of what I read as examples.

Not only does she hide but she has hard time of being honest. I SMELL TROUBLE FROM Ami. In a way IT'S GOOD cause I get to Aisaka KICK HER ASS!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 24, 2008 5:29 PM

Aug 2007
Annisa said:
aranelcharis said:
I really liked this episode, although i don't know why she stopped looking through the pics when he asked he which one she wanted laminated. She was looking at something but what o.0 I like how its going and he finally has a pic he can drool on also >.< hmmmm pudding

I think (and maybe this is just wishful thinking) that Taiga stopped at a picture of Ryuuji. Dunno how he was in a picture unless he was in a blurry photo with Kitamura that she took, so I could be way off...but I wanna interpret it as that.

No, she stopped because she came to the realization that she couldn't choose any one picture. She has lots of them but none that she actually likes. What she wanted most was a picture of Kitamura of when he confessed to her. His expression was what made her fall in love with him because he saw her for who she was.

Note that I said "wishful thinking." I saw what you were saying at the end, when she explained it, but as I was watching the ep I didn`t know why she did it. That`s why I thought it was a picture of Ryuuji she stopped at. Also, the part where he finds her at school with the pictures and was all embarrassed seemed like it would be natural that she was looking at Ryuuji`s picture and was surprised when he came up to her (when she was sitting next to the stairs).
Oct 24, 2008 6:58 PM

May 2008

LOL!
Nice pic.
Oct 24, 2008 7:26 PM
Dec 2007
Kushieda's pudding picture was adorable. I think I want a copy for myself.
Oct 24, 2008 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
TechDragon said:

LOL!
Nice pic.
TechDragon said:

LOL!
Nice pic.

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT WANT TO CHECK OUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THIS PIC...............BE MY GUEST: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/24/the-minorin-raep-bucket-incident/

WARNING ECCHI JOKE ABOUT THIS!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 24, 2008 7:56 PM
May 2008
I thought this episode was pretty good and certainly had some good humor moments in it. The introduction of the new character could have been better though.
Oct 24, 2008 9:59 PM
Oct 2008
This is a great episode got back to what makes this show one of the top for the fall, great humor with taiga just the way she reacts to kitamaru is hilarious and when it gets serious its great and heartwarming cant wait for 5
Oct 24, 2008 10:07 PM

Jan 2007
decent episode. i'm becoming more and more annoyed with Taiga though.

but seeing that pic of Minori and the pudding made my day. i really hope they release a full image of that somewhere like in Megami magazine.
Oct 24, 2008 10:49 PM

Sep 2008
this show grows better as the time pasees
i cant get enough of this anime
men i frankly dont undersand how does the glasses budy things
+ ryuuji feeding taiga was very lol
the picture nmz estuvo bien rara llena de pudin .no ma

comeon taiga faito ¡¡¡¡
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 24, 2008 11:12 PM

Aug 2007
A guy who gets an orgasm doing housework...

*shrugs*
Guess next episode will finally introduce Ami-chan. Split-personalities ftw!
Oct 24, 2008 11:33 PM
Oct 2007
Forever said:
Well, it was nice again, but not as good as the ones before.

Moreover what's the problem if both love each other? Or does he not love her anymore?

I would say it's the bad timing. I hope they do get together at some point.

aranelcharis said:
Annisa said:
aranelcharis said:
I really liked this episode, although i don't know why she stopped looking through the pics when he asked he which one she wanted laminated. She was looking at something but what o.0 I like how its going and he finally has a pic he can drool on also >.< hmmmm pudding

I think (and maybe this is just wishful thinking) that Taiga stopped at a picture of Ryuuji. Dunno how he was in a picture unless he was in a blurry photo with Kitamura that she took, so I could be way off...but I wanna interpret it as that.

No, she stopped because she came to the realization that she couldn't choose any one picture. She has lots of them but none that she actually likes. What she wanted most was a picture of Kitamura of when he confessed to her. His expression was what made her fall in love with him because he saw her for who she was.

Note that I said "wishful thinking." I saw what you were saying at the end, when she explained it, but as I was watching the ep I didn`t know why she did it. That`s why I thought it was a picture of Ryuuji she stopped at. Also, the part where he finds her at school with the pictures and was all embarrassed seemed like it would be natural that she was looking at Ryuuji`s picture and was surprised when he came up to her (when she was sitting next to the stairs).

Yes, I noticed you said "I think" and so it was your wishful thinking. I was just clarifying it for the person asking the question but just thought I quote the whole thing to make the conversation coherent. I also did think it was a picture of Ryuuji when she first stopped except when she handed it to him, I knew it wasn't because that would be too obvious of her and embarrassing. If it was a picture of Ryuuji, given Taiga, she would've hide it instead.
Oct 24, 2008 11:35 PM

Jan 2008
Good that Taiga didn't continue to be a Louise like last episode.
Loving this more now :D
Oct 25, 2008 4:34 AM

Mar 2008
aero said:
Good that Taiga didn't continue to be a Louise like last episode.
Loving this more now :D

I really have to agree there. She is definitely a bit different from Shana/Louise tsundere character archetype. Moreover our male main lead can handle her quite well.
Oct 25, 2008 4:49 AM

Feb 2008

Sigh...

That really pissed me off. I already hate Louise, I don't want to have another one.

Other than that, decent episode.
Oct 25, 2008 6:55 AM

Jun 2008
lols the parrot finally says a word

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Oct 25, 2008 7:26 AM

Jul 2008
The council president is awsome, I wish she could be the other main character instead of this Ami character.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Oct 25, 2008 8:20 AM

Jan 2008
Holland_Kai said:
The council president is awsome, I wish she could be the other main character instead of this Ami character.

I agree with you, she's awesome. But I don't know what Ami is like, we'll see in 5 days. =] Anwyay, good episode, it kind of surprised me that Kitamura confessed to Taiga before. I smell more romance coming, that's good, I was already fed up with all the comedy, episode four straightened it for me.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 25, 2008 8:49 AM

Mar 2008
Cute ep more pleas ^_^ ??
angel999@
thanxs for a pic XD ,
Oct 25, 2008 9:24 AM

Jun 2008
Annisa said:
Forever said:
Well, it was nice again, but not as good as the ones before.

Moreover what's the problem if both love each other? Or does he not love her anymore?

I would say it's the bad timing. I hope they do get together at some point.

aranelcharis said:
Annisa said:
aranelcharis said:

Yes, I noticed you said "I think" and so it was your wishful thinking. I was just clarifying it for the person asking the question but just thought I quote the whole thing to make the conversation coherent. I also did think it was a picture of Ryuuji when she first stopped except when she handed it to him, I knew it wasn't because that would be too obvious of her and embarrassing. If it was a picture of Ryuuji, given Taiga, she would've hide it instead.

Well i am back haha, I honestly think there is a pic of him in there, thats why i asked that question (wishful thinking in my part as well). That is why she left early to hide it, but no one can deny that she has some feelings for Ryuuji even in episode 2 when she confessed to Kitamura, he notices it. I did like Ryuuji's reaction to finding out that his friend confessed to Tiaga and she said no. Can't wait to see more of this show on how its going to develop now with Ami in the picture.
This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me.
Oct 25, 2008 9:53 AM

Jul 2008
This episode had a few good parts and some funny moments but it lacked scope. The story seemed all over the place, there were like a million different settings for just talking and opening up between Ryuji and Taiga. This episode was nothing compared to what this series has put out so far. The Sudoh-bucks part was hilarious though.
Oct 25, 2008 11:27 AM

Jun 2008
pudding picture was pretty funny
but nothing really made this episode amazing to me...i hope it gets more exciting

Oct 25, 2008 10:06 PM

Aug 2008
angel999 said:

Sudoh Bucks=STAR BUCKS!+Aisaka drooling on photos....that was *_*+ Is it JUST ME or AISAKA'S HANDS ARE REALLY WELL DONE! I really like the way her hands are...maybe I have a hand fetish of women...O_O OMG NO!

Cool! A western-oriented joke!! ROFL xD
Great episode. By the way, can Parrots speak all lenguages? I didn't know that :0
The last main character seems cool, I'm looking forward to next week's ep! :P
Oct 25, 2008 10:25 PM

Jan 2008
nihil said:
AegisReborn said:
The parrot Inko always makes me laugh, haha xD

I hate him. he's completely retarded, and unnecessary to the show.

Wat?! Inko is the funniest part this show.
Oct 25, 2008 11:07 PM

Dec 2007
Taiga is so moe, and Kushieda's pudding picture was adorable. I lol'd at the parrot. Great episode, I enjoyed it so far.
Oct 26, 2008 4:18 AM

Aug 2008
Great Episode! XD
Taiga and Ryuuji are totally excellent!!! Next episode, please!
Oct 26, 2008 10:20 AM

Sep 2008
nice episode
funny... but still have a nice drama
Oct 26, 2008 4:03 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
it was okay
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 26, 2008 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
So it isn't Ami, I see. I did think of her differently, referring to her character profile but it seems she'll be introduced next episode? Yaaaayyyy <3

I liked this episode, not loved, but liked ;)
Oct 27, 2008 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
.....and she calls him a creepy stalker in the past!!!! lmao XD

lol i actually said "what the hell" the same time as Ryuuji about Taiga blowing that guy off
Oct 27, 2008 3:58 AM

Sep 2008
Alright, i may be new to anime, but what's with this people realising they love each other so instantly?

Is it something that actually happens or is it for the sake of anime that they move the whole falling in love thing so quickly...

btw love this show, can't wait for more, Ryuuji's mum is funneh :p

Oct 27, 2008 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
The parrot said a perfect sentence. Hurray!
Oct 27, 2008 5:57 PM

Oct 2007
I loved this episode. seeing taiga obsess over kitamura was really cute and i loved it :)
Oct 27, 2008 6:54 PM
Feb 2008
PimpToad said:
A guy who gets an orgasm doing housework...

I can relate.

Oct 28, 2008 10:46 AM

Sep 2008
I love this anime
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 28, 2008 12:32 PM

Apr 2008
Awww this episode was so cute =3
At last Inko-chan said something!
Oct 28, 2008 12:44 PM

Aug 2008
I actually like this episode (gasp). This simplicity of the story allowed a few of the character to open up and give us natural background and some development. Still hating Taiga as everyday goes by, and even more so as she is such a stupid hypocrite. Kind of like everyone else. Oh, and the parrot or cockatoo, or cockatrice is getting old, kill it or keep it silent.
Oct 28, 2008 1:54 PM

May 2007
KrylonBlue said:
The show is getting boring fast.
Deeply agreed.

It maybe would be a better show if they removed Taiga and left as DoraDora.
They would only need to change one kana.
(No, actually 2 but you get the point.)

Explanation For those who don't get it, but want to understand what i said:

Just as said before, we don't need a second Louise.
We really don't.

I don't know why these new seasons of Zero No Tsukaima got so famous.
But thats not actually the point here. (i need to be more careful to avoid getting off topic again, lol)

Taiga's personality is getting so boring and annoying i can't even bare to watch her anymore.
This series getting butchered and scr*wd-up so baddly.....

If i were Ryuuji, i guess i would just tell her to f*k off, and try to go 4 Minorin by myself.
I wonder from where the hell the producers come up with such lenient personalitys, no really.
I really don't think there would actually exist a guy who would accept such attitude from a girl who is actually freeloading @ his house. (Well, only if that girl were your sister or your lover. But this ain't the case)

Well, i'm cursing over the Anime, but mind you, i'm just "flaming" the anime. I really liked alot the Manga.

Oh, yeah, just one thing. (IMO) The music (OP & ED) sucks.
Just one more thing, Inko-chan's anime version is just plain weird.
The manga's Inko-Chan is WAY BETTER.

Sorry bout the engrish.
Oct 28, 2008 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
Oh man, look at all this whining:

Lame story, bad character development, questionable background, weird settings, late introduction of people, boring parrots, Louise etc.

I dont care as long as I can have so much fun and "moeness" in a show! ^^
Oct 28, 2008 2:56 PM

Apr 2008
Nice episode :)

and lol @ Sudoh-Bucks xD

Oct 28, 2008 9:18 PM
Oct 2008
FTGT said:

Lame story, bad character development, questionable background, weird settings, late introduction of people, boring parrots, Louise etc.

I have to say that's a little bit of how I felt about this last episode... I happen to think an epic story isn't so necessary to a straightforward slice-of-life comedy like this, the late introduction doesn't really bother me, and I've yet to get very far in Zero no Tsukaima, though it did seem a bit awkward.

But I moe'd the fuck out to all of Taiga's dere moments this episode - it was like one long derederedere. Plus a helping or two of Minorin.

And that's what matters.
Oct 29, 2008 9:00 AM

Jun 2008
Damn, I really love the way they draw the characters.
Oct 29, 2008 10:53 AM

May 2007
FTGT said:

Before whining about other people's opinion, try to give in a good argument to back you up.
If you don't want to do it, then don't whine about other users' posts.

DukeXC said:
I have to say that's a little bit of how I felt about this last episode... I happen to think an epic story isn't so necessary to a straightforward slice-of-life comedy like this, the late introduction doesn't really bother me, and I've yet to get very far in Zero no Tsukaima, though it did seem a bit awkward.

But I moe'd the fuck out to all of Taiga's dere moments this episode - it was like one long derederedere. Plus a helping or two of Minorin.

And that's what matters.
Now thats some good reply.
I do agree this type of series doesn't need such aspect, but without it, it only turns out to be another boring, random, cliched, forgettable series.

I'm sure you know thousends of series that follow the same basis like this one, right?
It does seem fresh, but it starts to phail when the producers started changing some aspects.

I really think that if they followed the manga, this would be one of the best (If not the best) series of 2008.
RyushiOct 29, 2008 10:59 AM
Oct 29, 2008 1:06 PM

Feb 2008
Ryushi said:
FTGT said:

Before whining about other people's opinion, try to give in a good argument to back you up.
If you don't want to do it, then don't whine about other users' posts.

Just wanted to make people realize that we have a really decent and enjoyable show in front of us. There are only 4 (or 5) episodes out so far. Still a lot more to come...

I was trying to turn the mood for the better in this thread. Sorry, next time I will only post if I have some good arguments supporting my opinion. ;)
Oct 29, 2008 7:49 PM

May 2007
FTGT said:
Just wanted to make people realize that we have a really decent and enjoyable show in front of us. There are only 4 (or 5) episodes out so far. Still a lot more to come...

I was trying to turn the mood for the better in this thread. Sorry, next time I will only post if I have some good arguments supporting my opinion. ;)
Hey...
You are making me look like the bad guy here. ¬¬
Jeez...
In fact, did you actually read the rest of my post?

Oh wot eva....
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.