Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 6, 2012 1:20 AM

Aug 2011
It's obvious that Satoshi's trying to accomplish something himself but is bested by Oreki every time. Poor dude. Chitanda was insanely adorable this episode, but is she really that immature that she refuses to listen to a little "adult" content?
Aug 6, 2012 1:20 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
I am slightly starting to get a bit bored by this show again; but perhaps that is because I am losing interest in the mystery... Anyhow, the development of Satoshi as a character seems to be executed well so far and I am still somewhat looking forward to seeing how this all ends.
Aug 6, 2012 1:49 AM

Sep 2010
Aug 6, 2012 2:12 AM

Mar 2011
Wow, Hyouka continue to impress me with this school fest arc.
I didn't expect that all of the clues and which seemed unrelated things could get together and get interesting
Really great ep
Aug 6, 2012 3:07 AM

May 2010
The Jumonjii incident is slowly being revealed !!
Aug 6, 2012 3:37 AM

Jul 2009
Great ep!
Can't wait for the next one!
Aug 6, 2012 3:38 AM
May 2012
chitanda is now officially a moe yandere x) teehee
Aug 6, 2012 4:04 AM

Aug 2011
Poor Satoshi. I can't help but feel a little sorry for him in this episode; Oreki's always besting him, isn't he?
Chitanda was pretty cute, although I did feel a little annoyed when she was all like, "I'm just as curious, so why does only Fukube-san get to know?" or something like that.
I also wonder how Oreki's going to act when he learns of her screw-up during the broadcast.

Also, the mystery is starting to get really interesting. The whole "ABC Murders" theory was pretty good, imo, but I'm sure there's more. I'm beginning to like this arc a lot more.
Aug 6, 2012 4:41 AM

Jul 2012
God, those eyes when Chitanda was determined to know what Oreki had thought of. She just wouldn't quit until he said that it involved "adult" stuff LOL.

Can't stand Mayaka being bullied, the students from the Manga Society... sigh.

And Detective Oreki strikes! Can't help but feel sorry for Satoshi though, i really like him as a character. At this rate he might just develop an inferiority complex due to being outclassed by Oreki almost every time.

Also, i LOL-ed at the end when Chitanda hit her head during the radio show xD
Aug 6, 2012 5:37 AM
Jun 2012
itsok2bu said:
This episode Mayaka was someone from the manga Rainbow Parakeet .... but I'm not sure who

Mariko Senri. Ayako was Mai Shiranui.
Aug 6, 2012 5:45 AM
Jan 2010
hmm.. most people are connecting Oreki's sister to the Juumonji incidents, but I get this feeling that the animation studio (or author?) will troll us and have it be someone else. X3
Aug 6, 2012 6:54 AM

Oct 2011
Damn this arc is sooo interesting! Gahh all the characters are so lovable.
That girl who poured dirty water on Mayaka was so horrible. Poor Mayaka.

Poor Satoshi too. I hope he gets over his complex soon.
Aug 6, 2012 7:37 AM

Oct 2011
This episode was fun, I like all the clues coming together! I'm actually liking this more than I should be, haha.

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Aug 6, 2012 7:54 AM

Apr 2011
I like the cover of corpse by the evening. The girl is drawn well and very pretty.
MagitoAug 6, 2012 9:30 AM
Aug 6, 2012 8:12 AM

Sep 2009
Erutaso cawaweeeeeesh!
Aug 6, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2009
Oreki is still awesome, Fukube is kinda jealous of Oreki, still in Oreki's shadow, Mayaka is cute and great as usual, Eru is the most annoying creature, I'm glad she hit her head at the end.
Aug 6, 2012 8:45 AM
May 2012
Is this show gonna end till epi21? I expected to be end on ep24, though..
Aug 6, 2012 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
I really wish this anime gets a second season (like K-ON! had) It's a slow and calming series, but that's why I like it!

This episode was nice, but I was expecting to know who is Juumonji already :D I'm anxious. Also I'd like to see why everyone in the manga club competes with Mayaka. poor thing
I'm still learning english!
Aug 6, 2012 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
THIS DANG SERIES IS SO FRIGGIN GOOOD. chitanda really annoyed me when oreki was trying to get satoshi to come talk to him privately, especially right before the bridge scene, her eyes.... really scared me.
satoshi looks like he's about to snap any minute now, he probably feels useless around this point, but still entrusts oreki to solve it.
and the manga society is really pissing me off. i felt so bad for ibara i wanted to cry.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2012 9:21 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, quite some interesting things in this episode.
I'm looking forward to the next episode, that should be end of this mystery.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 6, 2012 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
Damn! Those shiny eyes! Who can resist there? xD
Incredibely cute and funny again.

And Satoshi should just get it together. There are always people who are better than you but that doesn't necessarily mean your not good at something. Way too much drama that he puts in here and on Oreki as well.
The girls in the Manga Club need to be slapped really hard..
Yeah, sure that one girl didn't want to spill the water over Ibara. We've all seen it girl!

Funny how Oreki is just "lazy" sitting around but still is getting that "mystery" together piece by piece without any problems. Also he seems to have fun with the millionaire protocol thingy. That's kinda suprising seeing him voluntarily do "something" and having fun at it. :D
Aug 6, 2012 10:46 AM

Aug 2011
"Eru is the most annoying creature on the earth"
Aug 6, 2012 11:57 AM
Jan 2011

C'mon why does this anime didn't provide a face for Oreki's sister?
Aug 6, 2012 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
This anime is so great! I want more now !! :)
Aug 6, 2012 12:23 PM

Jun 2010
The mystery gets more and more interesting. The "ABC" order was just a feint! Who's the culprit?

a) Oreki's sister?
b) The Student Council President and the artist behind The Corpse By The Evening?
c) Mayaka's bitchy rival from the Manga Club?
d) Satoshi's wannabe rival?
e) somebody completely different?

I love how nothing exciting is going on and it's exciting as hell! Hey, I've just summed up Hyouka in one sentence!
Aug 6, 2012 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
Nasty001 said:
C'mon why does this anime didn't provide a face for Oreki's sister?

Coz she's ugly.

Aug 6, 2012 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
Houtarou's figuring something out and Satoshi is as jealous as ever.

Poor Mayaka too. =(

Aug 6, 2012 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
eworm said:
The mystery gets more and more interesting. The "ABC" order was just a feint! Who's the culprit?

a) Oreki's sister?
b) The Student Council President and the artist behind The Corpse By The Evening?
c) Mayaka's bitchy rival from the Manga Club?
d) Satoshi's wannabe rival?
e) somebody completely different?

I love how nothing exciting is going on and it's exciting as hell! Hey, I've just summed up Hyouka in one sentence!

Well you can cross out C & D since with everything they've done so far they would have no reason for doing it and wouldn't make sense.

Also people are saying its Oreki's nee chan but I don't think it is. From her involvement in the EBA arc, to me she just like an over-watcher of some sort. It's likely she could be connected, but imo I thought as soon as she glanced at the poster she probably already knew who it was?, since after all shes has the same mindset as Oreki but like 10x smarter

Soo the obvious choice would be Seitokai Kaichou or someone completely different~
AsakurabakaAug 6, 2012 2:02 PM
Aug 6, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
I laughed my ass off at the end of the episode.
Aug 6, 2012 2:52 PM

Nov 2011
That manga club president sure does love her SNK fighting games.
Aug 6, 2012 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
It was okay. I was hoping they would have solved the Juumonji incident.
The mystery is less fun when you don't understand Japanese letters. LOL

Chitanda is pissing me off but lol @ her at the end. xD

And the girl who threw brown water at Mayaka. >:c Does she even have a motive for doing that? lols
Aug 6, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2012
Getting tired of the bunkasai arc now tbh. I thought they were going to finish it up this episode but looks like it'll go on for one more it seems.

Why didn't they show Houtarou's sister's face though? D: Mysterious. But I don't think she'd be the culprit. It seems too obvious to pin it on her based on what's happened this episode, and I don't think Hyouka would make the culprit so obvious.
Aug 6, 2012 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
Blue_Monday said:
That manga club president sure does love her SNK fighting games.

Ha ha, yeah, was gonna mention this. She's been Nakoruru, King, and now Mai Shiranui right? I'd like to see Athena next.
Aug 6, 2012 6:23 PM

Feb 2009
I wonder why they never showed Oreki's sister face.

I knew that trading things will be important in the story
Aug 6, 2012 7:48 PM

May 2011
When I first saw Chitanda in episode 1 I was obsessed with her. I loved her eyes and her hair. That obsession has died down but it's still refreshing to see those eyes just light up and see her lean forward right into Oreki's face. The "adult" contents face with those soulless eyes was too good.
Aug 6, 2012 9:01 PM

May 2008
Chitanda is such a cry baby and needy...
Shes really annoying that i starting to prefer mayaka instead.

Anyway this episode was okay yawned a bit but will continue as I want to know about that Jumonji.
Hopefully Chitanda wont mess up on air.
Aug 6, 2012 9:23 PM

Feb 2012
So the culprits are the authors of The Corpse by the Evening? Or some fan of theirs?

That was the impression i got, but this Anime's mysteries are too obscure to have that as a definite answer. It's going to be a major troll if this is just publicity for their manga though.

Anyway, nice episode. I had serious emotion when Oreki's sister gave him the Manga.
Aug 6, 2012 10:00 PM

Aug 2010
Finally caught up to the latest episode. This anime is such a thriller in mystery! I don't want this anime it be ending soon, but I already wish for a second season! Although...that's a lot of the budget to be killing. XP

Such a trade off for a mirror to The one and only manga that's been fussed about, and now it serves a greater purpose for what's to come.

My speculation on this is that the next Manga ate to come isn't completed yet, but rather until his whole shenanigan comes to an end, and then it would be completed. This is probably not correct, but there's no citation not even from Fukube that there's such a manga in this festival. So whatever happens, it'll just go with the flow and be written as how it is...maybe.

Can't wait for the next ep anyway! XP
Aug 6, 2012 10:17 PM

Aug 2011
Chitanda is just too adorable.
Aug 6, 2012 11:14 PM

Dec 2011
lol Houtarou almost made Eru cry XD
Aug 7, 2012 3:00 AM

May 2010
Lol,that must have hurt.
Aug 7, 2012 3:13 AM

Nov 2007
Yappari! That manga is related to the current case! Hoho. Im excited to see what will happen next~

though in this episode, I have a lot of questions. hoho

waaaaaaaaaaa! I want to see the face of Oreki's aniki. Shames! I think she's reaaaaaaaallllly beautiful.. :)))) why the hell don't they show it anyway?

ive read one comment that they think maybe Oreki's aniki is the culprit because she gave the A corpse by the evening manga to Oreki.
But I don't think so! hoho. datte~ she's kind of playful yes, but i think she has the same personality with oreki where in they don't want troublesome matters.. and I classify this work as one.
Besides, she isn't a student anymore and she might have just read the manga and found out right away what's happening. that's why to trouble her lil brother, she gave that to Oreki.. Deshou? though that's just what I think. ;D

satoshi vs oreki.
*sigh* satoshi is sooooo worked up in this arc eh? yaaaaa. i hope after this, satoshi won't act like that anymore. I want them to be like before.

satoshi.
he wants to catch the culprit and solve the mystery this time on his own. but after hearing oreki's ideas. did he give up? I mean, what the hell's with " Don't let us down?"
I like Satoshi as Database. He already mentioned that before. Database, the information of the group., dakara nande? what triggered him to act this way? though I know that sometimes, competitiveness lies within all of us, demo is that also the reason for him?

ibara.
what the hell? I want her to fight back. why won't she anyway? what is the reason? ArghhhH!

Chitanda.
hohohoho. nice nice. ;D especially the last one. i want to see the next episode soon. LOL.

Oreki.
LOLOLOLOLOL. thought so, lately, there are a lot of chitanda x oreki moments, and mostly, its oreki's scenes. its soooo cute. :D

the case... woooaaaah~
I think the friend of the president in MANGA CLUB was kind of fisssshhhyyyyy~ .. hmnnn~ so excited with the next episode. Hoho.

5 episodes left. shames! I hope this anime will have a good end.
Aug 7, 2012 3:35 AM
Apr 2012
I think that Oreki's sister might play a larger role in the overall story since Chitanda recognizes her, despite the fact that it was never shown that both of them have met before. Maybe she's a renown writer or something?

And I wonder how Chitanda views her relationship with Oreki?

She has never shown any signs of being interested in him romantically, unlike Oreki who is obviously likes her (and has had dirty thoughts of her being naked and also looking at her cleavage).

Overall it's a good episode, and Satoshi should work together with Oreki and the Classics Club as a team rather than try to compete.
Aug 7, 2012 4:15 AM

May 2012
That was the best ending to an episode yet.
Aug 7, 2012 4:57 AM

Nov 2010
Wonderful episode
I expected something else when Houtarou's sister showed up with the Manga Ibara was looking for
And to think the mystery started with that Manga, great twist
Aug 7, 2012 5:47 AM
Jun 2012
Helpme said:

Student Council is the culprits, characters we have been introduced to who have both motive and means. The festival is their job so an event to spice it up is not impossible, and they have access to all the clubs storage without arising suspicion.

And the "ke" club will be the keionbu, which will be more like a band.

Helpme said:
Doesn't that look like Ayako was the one who provided the art?

Responding to myself from the ep 15 thread. I think the information from that manga supports this even more. Clearly the main artist was the student council president, but I think Ayako was the background artist that wrote the afterword.

Perhaps they couldn't do the next manga because the writer transferred, and decided to use it for an event? I don't see how it could be anyone else; if it was they would obviously spot the similarities. But they've said nothing.

Also, the student council is responsible for the club listing Hotaro made into an issue. Seems most of the affected clubs are listed together, but I'm not sure about that. The image was sort of fuzzy and my Japanese isn't very good.

"Kudryavka" starts with "ku", could be the missing 'ku' item?

There is also the question of why Tomoe brought that manga with her to the school. Had she heard of the incident and remembered the afterword? Or did she just want to buy the next issue and found out from the wall newspaper?
Aug 7, 2012 6:55 AM

Apr 2012
Oh god. Satoshi is getting jealous? But seriously, when he suddenly bursted at Houtarou -_-
I've hated the girls in the manga society ever since the first arc, and somehow, Chitanda's curiousness is starting to annoy me.

But doesn't matter, Eru's still cute.

I hope they can finally solve this next week.
Until 21 episodes only??? 5 more eps? :(((
That's sad.

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Aug 7, 2012 8:16 AM

Apr 2010
I generally like the cultural festival episode, but not when they're like what, 3 episodes long.

LOL @ Chitanda on hitting the mick XD
Aug 7, 2012 10:09 AM

Nov 2009
Hmm I think that the Kanya Fest mystery isn't just based on The ABC Murders but also And Then There Were None.

The ABC Murders=ABC pattern--(In Hyouka) Gojuuon pattern (a, i, u, e, o, ka, ki, ku, ke, ko)
And Then There Were None=10 soldiers in the rhyme--(In Hyouka) Ten from the syllabary in Gojuuon

BUT, since "ku" was skipped, I guess the completion of the pattern wasn't the case here...

Or maybe it wasn't skipped? It's just not realized yet?

Although Oreki's sister is suspicious, that one girl in Fortune Telling Club, Kaho Juumonji is also suspicious. It could be a red herring, but it doesn't make her less of a suspect.

The Student Council person is also suspicious... Not only as the writer and artist of "A Corpse by Evening" but also that in The ABC Murders, the suspect is most likely a crafty person...

But Tanabe-san is the most suspicious.=.=

If anything, whatever happens in this mystery might be the basis for the new manga...some sort of letting the story unfold by itself by using characters in the school. Somehow, everyone is acting as Juumonji expects them to react.

Isn't there another meaning to Juumonji? Besides Ten letters/characters? I only got "cross" or "crisscross" in my search.

And I doubt if it'll be an object they'll steal next ep...

What if it's Kotarou Oreki?

Also, I think it's more important to think about the motive rather than who the culprit is immediately. Somehow, this whole sequence of stealing may just be a cover-up for the real and last target: Classics Club. Or maybe it's not the Classics Club; it may be any club that benefits most from all of this...Kotarou thinks so too as well, and both Mayaka and Oreki have thought along the lines of motivation but haven't discussed far enough.
witchhuntressAug 7, 2012 10:53 AM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Aug 7, 2012 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
inn0centdem0n said:
waaaaaaaaaaa! I want to see the face of Oreki's aniki. Shames! I think she's reaaaaaaaallllly beautiful.. :)))) why the hell don't they show it anyway?

I thought aniki meant "older brother" LOL
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

605 by sarahdqueener »»
Feb 29, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.