Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 29, 2011 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
I see alot of bad opinions on the Endless Eight, But I personally quite enjoyed watching them even though it wasn't much different. What are your opinions on the Endless Eight?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2011 8:25 AM

Oct 2011
Episode 1 - Watch curiously.
Episode 2 - Kind of bored but it's still k.
Episode 3~8 - ZZZZZZzzz~
Dec 29, 2011 8:26 AM

Jan 2011
Watched the first two maybe, but then just scrolled through them to see the differences
Dec 29, 2011 8:38 AM

Sep 2011
i question how people can even pretend to defend this shit

i mean looking past the whole 8 of the same damn episodes repeated with minor visual changes thing the episode that was getting repeated wasnt good in the first place

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2011 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i question how people can even pretend to defend this shit

i mean looking past the whole 8 of the same damn episodes repeated with minor visual changes thing the episode that was getting repeated wasnt good in the first place

I'm not pretending, I really though it was quite enjoyable to watch, Sure it was "Repetitive" but it was a good episode that was repeated and looking for all the changes was a fun thing to do. I know alot of people won't have enjoyed it but I really did.
Dec 29, 2011 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
I tried. Then I gave up at 6.

I slept through 7, then woke up at 8 for the twist... which was... uhhhh...

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Dec 29, 2011 10:50 AM

Aug 2011
Nice know I'm not the only person in existence who enjoyed Endless Eight.
Dec 30, 2011 12:08 AM
Jun 2009
itt: freaks.
Dec 30, 2011 9:24 AM

May 2011
i've done 5 up to now, and i'm trying my best to finish the other 3. But i'm already at the verge of breaking down. This is some crazy stuff alright.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 30, 2011 10:49 AM

May 2011
uwoooooooooohh!YES! I've finally finished this shit. My god. I'm so tired now, it felt like i've been looping endlessly. I think i'm going to go to bed, to all those who managed to finish all the episodes without fast forwarding and all, salute.

Dec 30, 2011 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Kiev said:
uwoooooooooohh!YES! I've finally finished this shit. My god. I'm so tired now, it felt like i've been looping endlessly. I think i'm going to go to bed, to all those who managed to finish all the episodes without fast forwarding and all, salute.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the episodes, Also make sure to watch the movie after you've finished the anime, It's REALLY good.
Dec 31, 2011 11:18 AM

Apr 2010
Genius move.

Bad as an actual anime product, but if you look at the bigger picture, it's existence itself is an incredibly amusing trolling, that was worth all the money it costed to create it.
Jan 1, 2012 11:34 AM

May 2011
Bronzejack said:
Kiev said:

Hope you enjoy the rest of the episodes, Also make sure to watch the movie after you've finished the anime, It's REALLY good.

Just finished it awhile ago, yes its really good. This twist, the plot, everything was fit together properly. I had to say i enjoyed it alot. :)

Jan 1, 2012 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
Kiev said:
Bronzejack said:
Kiev said:

Just finished it awhile ago, yes its really good. This twist, the plot, everything was fit together properly. I had to say i enjoyed it alot. :)

What about the endless eight? Did you watch all of them and if so, thoughts?
Jan 1, 2012 12:45 PM

May 2011

Yea like i said i managed to finish all of them without fast forwarding. Well, since i watch them all in a row i kind of got sick of them, it's not like i hated it, but i just find that this particular arc seemed to be a bit faint and it felt like a let down. This deja-vu thing really got into me and sometimes when i have them i wonder if i might be stuck in the same situation or not! (lol) I have to say i am a bit fan of this series and the first season was really great. But the second season was just meh (so-so), not entirely because of the long and endless looping endless eight chapter, but the rest of the chapters were pale in comparison with the first season, i especially find haruhi a little bit annoying ( in the second season). Kyon's still the man though, he's the only character i liked from the start until the end, and Yuki nagato as well.

And with that said i was really happy to see the sweet scene with kyon and nagato at the end of the movie. The movie was real good, and when i thought it might be a letdown after a disappointing 2nd season but no, they managed to pull a real good one this time. And as a fan of this series, i'm real glad for that.

Jan 1, 2012 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Kiev said:

Yea like i said i managed to finish all of them without fast forwarding. Well, since i watch them all in a row i kind of got sick of them, it's not like i hated it, but i just find that this particular arc seemed to be a bit faint and it felt like a let down. This deja-vu thing really got into me and sometimes when i have them i wonder if i might be stuck in the same situation or not! (lol) I have to say i am a bit fan of this series and the first season was really great. But the second season was just meh (so-so), not entirely because of the long and endless looping endless eight chapter, but the rest of the chapters were pale in comparison with the first season, i especially find haruhi a little bit annoying ( in the second season). Kyon's still the man though, he's the only character i liked from the start until the end, and Yuki nagato as well.

And with that said i was really happy to see the sweet scene with kyon and nagato at the end of the movie. The movie was real good, and when i thought it might be a letdown after a disappointing 2nd season but no, they managed to pull a real good one this time. And as a fan of this series, i'm real glad for that.

There is another way of looking at the endless eight that someone said before, I can't find the exact quote but it goes something along the lines of making you feel sympathy for a character who has no feelings and how it eventually, drove her "insane" in the movie, I really thought it was an interesting thing for them to do out of the ordinary and thought it was quite enjoyable, but then again, I don't mind repetition.
Jan 9, 2012 8:04 AM
Nov 2011
Tried. Got through #4 then jumped to 8.

Have dropped the series for now, simply because the Sigh (chronological) seems to be more pointless days of Haruhi that don't go anywhere.
Jan 15, 2012 9:46 AM
Jul 2011
I watched all eight and enjoyed all of them without getting bored.

I personally think that with 8 it showed the desperation at that point. Using say just 4 or 5 may not have had the same effect. It reminded me of Steins;Gate (which has time loops as well) so now I think I'll go watch some of that again after I watch the Suzumiya movie...
Jan 30, 2012 3:56 AM

Sep 2011
At least you didn't have to do it 15,500+ times like Yuki did o_o

I enjoyed the episodes personally, how they changed the scenes subtly and managed to tell the stories from 8 different angles c: Was a bit boring when I got to episode 7 though because I heard the movie was awesome and simply cannot wait to watch it >_<
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Mar 11, 2012 10:23 AM

Oct 2010
Hidendra said:
I watched all eight and enjoyed all of them without getting bored.

I personally think that with 8 it showed the desperation at that point. Using say just 4 or 5 may not have had the same effect. It reminded me of Steins;Gate (which has time loops as well) so now I think I'll go watch some of that again after I watch the Suzumiya movie...

Yeah, it's the same for me too.

Was it repetitive? Well, of course it was. Worthless? Without the Endless Eight, we wouldn't have that impression of the character of Nagato that was useful to understand the main events in the movie. And it was effective. Because the desperation we felt with eight damn episodes can't be comparable with what Nagato may have experienced in 15,500+ repeats.

Another reason why I don't exactly enjoy it more, but respect it a lot is the fact that every episode is done independently although telling basically the same story, how do the shots change in each one of them. Tell me how many series would care to do that if tried a "genius troll" like this. Very few, probably none.

And finally, the story is well-structured, perfectly well-structured, because it's a time loop, from the objective view it may look like that, the same reactions, the same events happening, in that sense it does exactly what it needs and actually transmits the feelings that it implies. I don't know if the visual novel presented it in this way but what I am sure about is that by the end of the arc the fans were completely in par with Nagato. And that's something to take into account. The ending is brilliant, by the way. Demistifying and perfectly adjusted to the characters.

I like it.
Mar 11, 2012 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
I actually plan on re-watching Haruhi (I make it a point to watch this series at least once a year) and I'm considering watching Endless Eight all the way through, which is something I honestly didn't have the heart to do last time. But, I can say that when I first watched Endless Eight the reactions in these forums was priceless. I'm honestly not sure if I've ever seen such rage before and it cracked me up. It really made the experience worth it.

As for what I myself thought of EE, I'm thinking along the same lines as Jal90 above me. It definitely isn't my favorite Haruhi story arc, but I respect the amount of effort Kyoani went to in this arc. I mean, they actually animated every episode and changed character appearances and so on. Not to mention the balls it had to have took to do this obviously risky story arc.

Don't get me wrong, though, I can see why many people dislike this arc but I just don't agree. Call me an idiot or whatever.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 28, 2012 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
Imagine this "Endless Fourteen"
Jun 6, 2012 10:32 AM

Apr 2009
Anime is art.

Good art evokes emotion.

If Endless Eight makes you feel ANYTHING, then it did its job.

I not only watched it, but I watched it all in one sitting.

By the end, my only thought was: "Wow, I went nuts after just 8, I can't imagine going through it 15,532 times!"

Jun 27, 2012 6:01 PM

Apr 2012
I thought it was a bit repetitive... lol?

I somewhat liked the idea but I don't think they needed to air it eight times, four would have been good enough. That would also mean that we would have got four other episodes.

One thing that I kept thinking about was; who has eight different swimsuits?
Jun 29, 2012 8:41 AM

Jun 2012
I thought the solution would be for Kyon to ask her out on a date on the 31st. I did enjoy the arc but it was a bit tiring. Thought it would be a little like Steins;Gate, but I was completely wrong.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jul 2, 2012 7:52 PM

Feb 2011
The pool portion of episodes were what kept me from stop watching this series for at least 3 months.
Jul 2, 2012 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
I hated it when I first watched it but looking back I find it totally taking the "next step" into immersing the viewer into the anime. Kyon lived through the same day over one thousand times.(I believe? Been awhile since I watched it.)
And each time as time went on he began to feel as though something was more and more wrong as time went on and got irritated by the feeling he had when he remembered certain portions of his days.

Watching the endless eight really bothersome, repetitive and irritating. I'm pretty sure Kyon felt these as well where he could recite some of the words he knew someone was going to say.(Where repetition allows us to be in the same shoes as him.) Same goes with that bothersome feeling and irritation.

Eight episodes really pushed it though. No way in hell if I re-watch the series am I going to watch all 8 episodes again.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 2, 2012 8:05 PM

Jun 2012
The first two and the last episodes were decent, but I had to drop the show halfway through and resume weeks later because I got so bored. I still don't understand why they made Endless Eight.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Aug 6, 2012 8:01 PM

Feb 2012
I'm currently watching them now. I began watching them when my siblings got home, so they suffered through the first three because of me and their rage was pretty damn funny. I actually enjoyed them up until the 4-6th parts. THAT is when it gets repetitive, because the entire time i'm just thinking Kyon will at least try to find a solution to it by making up some random event to do, but he doesn't. He just lets her go. And no one bothers to ask Nagato to tell them in the beginning of the next repeat so they don't just have a couple hours before the cycle begins again to see what Haruhi wants. She may be an observer, but she's followed their orders before, so why not now? Can't they just ask Haruhi what she wants too?
Yeah, obviously i got sucked into them.
The first few were good because you can feel their desperation, and they are the most different what with actually finding out their situation and Kyon easily noticing the de ja vu, but the rest are just Kyon repeatedly doing this without any development what so ever.

I think so far these episodes were good, but had they been specials in a DVD or something, or a separate OVA, it might have gotten less hate than it did. Making the viewers of the original airing suffer 8 weeks of this is too much. I'm watching it mainly all in one go, and while watching them isn't that bad for me, hearing the same lines over and over again irks me.

I was really sleepy on the 7th part so i just turned off everything and took a long nap, but once i finish them i'll have a definite overall opinion on them.
Aug 7, 2012 1:31 AM

Sep 2011
must... finish... arc... can't... hold on... much longer... (at #5)
Aug 12, 2012 5:48 PM

Feb 2012
So, I am not exactly sure if this was answered but, in terms of the Endless Eight, do you have to watch them all or can you skip seven of them and be in the right place story wise?
I am watching the series now and am almost there. I have heard so much about this 'Endless Eight' and I personally don't have the time to watch the same thing eight times. I would rather advance the story.
What would you all recommend?
Aug 14, 2012 11:14 AM
Jun 2011
When I was watching earlier episodes of Haruhi Suzumiya I was treating "Endless Eight" as some challenge and I was afraid that I'm not gonna make it.

Now I know this was one of the best arcs of the whole time. After all, come on, something like this never happened in any anime before, it's original, it's funny, it's just Haruhi adventures. The only bad thing I could point out was quite predictable ending (most of people should find out how it'll end after episode 13) but still, it rocks.

To those who haven't watched it yet: sure you can watch 12, 13 and 19 episodes, you'll not gonna lose anything in plot then, but I recommend you watching all episodes, only by that you will know if you really are Haruhi Suzumiya fans and you can enjoy these uncommon series.
Aug 20, 2012 12:46 PM

May 2012
I wasn't there when Season 2 first started airing (I only recently finished the anime) but i can imagine the frustration fans went through after waiting three years for a new season, only to be greeted with Endless Eight... Just incredibly poor timing on KyoAni's part! They went experimental on us and it just didn't work. It's a cool concept, one that fits right in with the Suzumiya universe, but it was just poorly executed.

I haven't read the novels so i don't know if it's like this, but I was hoping for something akin to Groundhog Day where you see and learn something different after each timejump, but that didn't happen... It was pretty much the same episode over and over again... 4 episodes i can agree to, but 8? That's total overkill! (Those last 90 minutes could've been used on other stories!)

People watching it now (like me) wont be too bothered by it though since we can just skip to good parts, but man, what a wasted opportunity! It's even worse to think about that they probably turned people off the show by doing Endless Eight in this caliber ;_;
who_dat_ninjaAug 20, 2012 12:59 PM
Sep 4, 2012 7:04 PM
Jun 2009
Reverie12 said:
So, I am not exactly sure if this was answered but, in terms of the Endless Eight, do you have to watch them all or can you skip seven of them and be in the right place story wise?
I am watching the series now and am almost there. I have heard so much about this 'Endless Eight' and I personally don't have the time to watch the same thing eight times. I would rather advance the story.
What would you all recommend?

You may only watch the last one. In the novel this is a quick story, equivalent to only the last episode. I recommend that you watch the first one, one of the middle ones and, of course, the last one. Of course, if you really liked the episode and want to re-watch, then pick yet another one of them.

In my opinion, three episodes is a good balance, and enough to deliver their message... there is nothing special at eight. I was one of those that waited 3 years to be greeted week after week with almost the same episode... If it was to have the same experience as Yuki, then it should have been 15k+ episodes! :P

EDIT: Ok, better advice: watch all them till you are bored with it. Then watch the last one. After all, each is a different episode with full new animation, but the same story, and mostly the same lines...
ManabuSep 4, 2012 7:16 PM
Sep 8, 2012 11:12 AM

Aug 2012
CrimsonLight said:
Episode 1 - Watch curiously.
Episode 2 - Kind of bored but it's still k.
Episode 3~8 - ZZZZZZzzz~

^This. You could only watch episode 1 and 8 it wouldn't make a difference seeing that ep 2-7 are carbon copies of 8, minor the 'at last' ending, and those minor cosmetic changes.

Oct 2, 2012 8:30 PM

May 2012
Holybaptiser said:
I thought the solution would be for Kyon to ask her out on a date on the 31st. I did enjoy the arc but it was a bit tiring. Thought it would be a little like Steins;Gate, but I was completely wrong.

I was hoping for that so badly. It was a total let down when the solution wound up being that they needed to do their homework (even though I still knew that would be how it ended from the novels) instead of taking Koizumi's advice on Nagato's roof.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Oct 2, 2012 8:42 PM
Jul 2012
FlyingPiranha said:
Holybaptiser said:

I was hoping for that so badly. It was a total let down when the solution wound up being that they needed to do their homework (even though I still knew that would be how it ended from the novels) instead of taking Koizumi's advice on Nagato's roof.

thats what I thought but then it wouldnt be much of a series after that, it'd be completely different
Nov 16, 2012 2:10 PM

May 2012
OLHearts said:

Exactly, well said.

To all moaners, with due respect for your opinions:

Come on. I've watched both seasons twice, and by saying that, I mean it was Endless Sixteen for me. I actually find this funny how I could recite most of the lines during the second watch-through... And all the variances in the dialogue - even when the characters were saying the same stuff for 8 episodes, they changed the pitch of the voices and intonation differently.

It's not like you can say this arc was okay if your attitude towards it is more or less like "WTF? Same episode 8 times? Crap crap crap crap I won't watch it!". This arc was meant to be monotonous, you had to feel like you were the one repeating the same period of summer 8 times. And you remembered it, right? You went through this just 8 times and you're angry already. Nagato had to watch it 15,532 times, I mean come on! Don't you get it? Weren't you hoping Kyon can end this loop in every episode? You were. Now imagine Nagato.

And that's what Endless Eight is about.
「飾って笑った笑顔の裏に
泣いて崩れた君がいたんだね
なおも君は笑ってくれたね
こんな僕を支えてくれてありがと」

Dec 16, 2012 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
The main reason I watched the second season is because of... that.

I see this as an experimental idea, which while it seems to be something quite interesting take they're going through... but seeing the same thing 7 more times is... well... a little too much. ^^;

It would've been fine if there's just only three, maybe have the other two episodes combined together into an hour length feature. Or perhaps have different point-of-view for characters (I can understand it revolves around the life of Kyon experiences, but a little more background for others would've been nice).

Sure each episode of Endless Eight has characters with different clothes and acts a bit differently, going to different places... slightly... skipping and so so. But to me, we're looking at the same situation that's happening to them over 15,000 times. Honestly, seeing that same episode starts to wear out for me, but hey, on the 8th loop, it sure ended with a bang. A good bang, a satisfaction for surviving the nonstop looping. XD

My buddy bro was right...
No u
Dec 21, 2012 1:10 AM

Dec 2012
I'm going to finally comment on this after lurking these forums forever. Endless Eight is my bar for how bored I can get in an anime. My emotions during these episode went as: interested > bored > astonished > bored > irritatingly bored > infuriatingly bored > hopelessly bored > heart wrenching disappointment. When I sit down and attempt to rate an anime now, I try to recall how I felt during these episodes and compare, and for that I am grateful.

edit:

I understand that they were trying to convey Nagato's feelings, but I was able to understand after the 3rd episode with this little thing called imagination. The rest of the episodes were unnecessary and just wasted the season. I can understand how shocking it would be to have an arm cut off, without cutting off my finger.
redinsideDec 21, 2012 1:25 AM
Dec 27, 2012 1:09 AM

Dec 2012
I may have cheated (I dropped 2 eps), but I had a lot of fun with this arc! Since everyone hinted that that the second thru seventh timeloops were exactly the same, I decided to play around and randomly skipped back an forth between eps. I watch ep1 then ep2 then jump to 6 then flop back to 3 then 5 then 7 and finally 8! Ep 7 was kind of my fav because it felt like the mental breakdown the arc was trying to make you experience, what with all the random rewinds within the episode. But in the end, I was LMAO when Kyon screamed "LET'S DO OUR HOMEWORK!!!" XD
Jan 9, 2013 8:05 PM

Apr 2007
OLHearts said:

I enjoyed the episodes personally, how they changed the scenes subtly and managed to tell the stories from 8 different angles c: Was a bit boring when I got to episode 7 though because I heard the movie was awesome and simply cannot wait to watch it >_<

This would be such a poor argument in favor of endless 8 if people actually considered this seriously. This whole work is fiction, so I'm not really sure why anyone would bring this up to talk about the quality of production. The producers could have used one, at most two episodes to get across the same points, but instead they forced the anime to adhere to a measly name of an arc. People watching this on a tv would be concerned if they were watching a rerun or something. It really is a waste of time, on our part and on theirs, since much of the stuff is the same. People wait weekly for a new episode to come out and this is what they're getting. If everyone would analyze this situation more objectively, it wouldn't be so difficult to see that this is a bad idea. I cannot imagine why anyone would like this arc other than they are fanboys/girls that want to uphold the reputation of this anime and refuse to look at its production at an objective standpoint.
Feb 25, 2013 8:08 PM

Jan 2012
So I've recently picked up Haruhi series again, and I didn't really watch the second season awhile back, I only spoiled myself... But then I was reading the tropes website and it listed some things I missed out on during the Endless eight.... and after watching the endless eight, I can say that I happily watched it.... There are quite a few Haruhi and Kyon shipping moments during the episodes. They change them up where they're placed as well which I liked.

Feb 27, 2013 4:35 PM

Mar 2011
Yes, I also decided to watch Endless Eight after reading some tropes and stuff. I've got to admit that it started getting on my nerves, but, oh well - in the 7th EP.
I loved the minor details - agree or not, you still have to admit that E8 is a marvelous showcase of Kyoani's skills in lightning, backgrounds, hell, almost anything. Adding to this, I loved the camera shots in Kyon's first person and the changing moods of episodes - it wasn't repeated at all - of course if we don't look at the plot - only some shots got repeated, maybe twice.
Mar 10, 2013 1:35 PM

Jan 2011
Lang said:
Imagine this "Endless Fourteen"

no
No
NO
NO
NOONOONONONONOONOONO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 11, 2013 9:20 PM
Aug 2012
As painfully redundant as it was, it was near genious. Poor Nagato. It was interesting on the take that, even though they were in an infinite loop, they didn't do or wear the exact same things every single time. Even their bug boxes were different if you took notice. The puncher was in the fact that it took THAT many repetitions for them to get a clue.
Apr 9, 2013 11:36 AM
Mar 2013
I've just finished watching the whole episode of endless 8...

the first episode look just normal. and I enjoy it just like the previous episodes and I didnt expect anything.

The second episode however, I got a little surprise when the whole things repeated again,with the revelation of the infinite time loop.

The third episode until the seventh episode, I was expecting something different would happen but aside from different clothing, slightly different places, different scenes, nothing really change..the story plot is just the same, even the dialogue are the same. I can compromise the repeatation up until the 4th episode only, and I finally become very,very bored, but still I proceed to the next episode, wishing for some change in the story plot. I even watched the 6th and 7th episode simultaneously in different media player to finish it quickly without fast-forwading it to make sure I didn't skip anything if the plot change even a little. But as you know, there is not much difference.

Finally, the 8th episode, I'm really eager to see the plot change this time and getting to know what causes the time loop. I was expecting something to change in scene where Kyon meet up with Nagato after the meeting, maybe Nagato will finally tell him something. But no. Then I wait for the scene where they meet up at night and discuss about the time loop, I wish that Kyon will finally let Nagato finish her words because I was wishing she will finally tell something useful, but still no. Then I force myself to wait until the part where Haruhi was about to to leave the cafe and yes, Kyon finally stop her and something finally have change!!!
But then, the 'homework' thing didn't really compesate me for all the boredom that I was force to let myself in.

Overall, if the animation itself is not of a high quality, beside the popularity this anime received, maybe I will just dropped this anime. but thanks to the factor I just mention...I decided to keep watching, and I wish something good will come up later in the next episode.
Apr 9, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
Darkozzy said:
OLHearts said:

Exactly, well said.

To all moaners, with due respect for your opinions:

Come on. I've watched both seasons twice, and by saying that, I mean it was Endless Sixteen for me. I actually find this funny how I could recite most of the lines during the second watch-through... And all the variances in the dialogue - even when the characters were saying the same stuff for 8 episodes, they changed the pitch of the voices and intonation differently.

It's not like you can say this arc was okay if your attitude towards it is more or less like "WTF? Same episode 8 times? Crap crap crap crap I won't watch it!". This arc was meant to be monotonous, you had to feel like you were the one repeating the same period of summer 8 times. And you remembered it, right? You went through this just 8 times and you're angry already. Nagato had to watch it 15,532 times, I mean come on! Don't you get it? Weren't you hoping Kyon can end this loop in every episode? You were. Now imagine Nagato.

And that's what Endless Eight is about.

ALL OF THIS!

I managed to watch every episode of the Endless 8 without fast-forwarding.

I think it was a very daring thing for the anime to do - it turned a lot of people off, but at the same time, it was clever: it made the watcher feel like their life was being repeated too. Each episode of the E8 was the same length as a standard anime episode, which made it drag so much BUT that's what made it feel even more satisfying when it finally ended.

As someone who has a soft spot for Yuki, it made me feel emotional - she had to repeat the same day thousands of times, when most of us found it boring as hell for 'only' eight episodes.

Had the Endless 8 not existed, how would we even begin to fathom what Yuki was going through?
"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
Apr 9, 2013 2:57 PM

Mar 2011
Some people can understand art concepts, the rest goes for easy entertainment. I'm not in the first group, but certainly not in the second.
Apr 10, 2013 4:16 AM
Feb 2013
Enjoyed it, if only for the hardcore aspect =^..^=
Every day is a school day.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

293 by AbrahamGAGA2002 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 18, 2009

204 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 6, 9:44 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1540 by nicosb2810 »»
Jun 5, 7:43 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

536 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:46 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.