Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 2017 8:21 PM

Apr 2009
Yaoi + Incest = Hell
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2017 5:58 AM

May 2015
Oni-chan you were creepy as fuck
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 7, 2018 5:36 AM

Oct 2015
I'm totally against incest but that bitch deserved hell more than he ever did.
Jun 15, 2019 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
darkerealm said:
Sis: Since when did you start liking me?
Bro: Perhaps.. since before we were born..

okay bro get it together, that's a little extreme. and corny.

ikr 😂😂😂

it shows he lost hes marbles
Jun 15, 2019 5:59 AM

Sep 2012
TogameCheerio said:
I'm totally against incest but that bitch deserved hell more than he ever did.

i support love (also not our place to judge), sis should have just went for it (if she felt same way) and not try to resist if their feelings were that strong, its not healthy to deny ur feelings, it can be worse then the alt (as was just shown), but ofc religious ppl around wouln't accsept it cause they believe in their fantacy book

Sugram22May 29, 2023 12:36 AM
Jan 21, 2021 5:35 AM
Nov 2020
Pretty much everybody here said that the brother didn't deserve to go to hell, and I agree, but I understand the logic that made him be sent to hell – and I hate it.

Hear me out:

So, there was the incestuous thing, but it didn't seem to be so much of a problem, because the Shoujo's assistants weren't very shocked about it. Ren and Wanyuudou had more to say about the guy's behaviors (cross-dressing and "corrupting" other men), and there's a scene where the two are talking in a restaurant and Wanyuudou says that "some lines should not be crossed" – and he was not referring to the incestuous thing, because before this he and Ren were discussing the gender and sexual nonconforming behaviors of the brother.

Then, there's the end of the case: after confessing his feelings to his sister and trying to assault her, the brother goes out dressed as a woman, feels very guilty for what he did and then expresses the desire of BEING a woman, because as a man he could hurt his sister. After that, a stranger calls him/her to have some fun, which the brother accepts, and Ren and Wanyuudou appears. The brother (who was dressed as a woman, let me remind you), is stripped naked and Ren says something about being jealous of him being such a beautiful MAN.

After that the guy is sent to hell.

The reason why the brother was "punished" was this: he did not conform to the gender and sexual norms, he "crossed lines" that should not be crossed – especially in very traditional/conservative societies. It was extremely uncomfortable to watch this because of the message behind, and because there were a lot of lines that expressed that there was something "evil", "monstruous", "wicked" in this case.

So, yes, very transphobic/homophobic. I hated it.
luizgustavooxApr 13, 2021 6:58 AM
Jan 29, 2021 11:33 AM

Mar 2019
Weird episode, I have to say. You sent your brother to hell because you couldn't take it anymore and now you're cying. That's not how life works. You can't love and hate a person at the same time. That's just hate.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 17, 2021 10:07 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
????????

This is so stupid. Lol.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Sep 5, 2022 8:19 AM

Jan 2020
So, they loved each other, and she condemned him to hell, since they would otherwise eventually break a taboo.

I feel like this episode is about confining to social norm. This is both displayed by its gender and incest themes, both of which were not acceptable at the time.

Which is why she could not accept him in this kind of world, although she wished to do so. And explains why she seemed happy to eventually see him again in hell. As those norms did not matter there.

Other users have pointed out that she could have left. But she did truly want to leave him, since she wanted to be with him as well. In her twisted mind, the only option left would be for him to disappear.
Tragically, he was unaware that she shared his feelings. He was accepting his punishment since he wanted to protect her. But was also relaxed because he did not have to compose himself anymore.

At least that's how I interpreted the ordeal. Otherwise, the plot would make little sense ad her reasons for sending him to hell would be petty.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Nov 12, 2022 4:31 PM
Dec 2017
another messed up episode around here

Apr 2, 2023 4:21 PM

Sep 2017
Wow...just wow. An incestuous wannabe brother who cross-dresses as a woman to pleasure his sister's boyfriends, in hopes of getting laid with his sister. You know, I'm thinking what the reactions to this episode would've been had it aired today?
I'm also surprised that the people on this thread thought that "She loved him and only pulled the threat to avoid breaking a taboo."; no of course she didn't. She pushed him without any hesitation. She loved him as her brother, and of course you're gonna feel guilty and miss your incestuous brother after sending him to hell.

Anyways, we still don't know what deal the grandmother made with Hajime. Considering that he and his daughter are included on the characters' list, I'm guessing we'll find out in this season.
خ
Apr 6, 2023 9:20 AM

Sep 2012
Fatephile said:
Wow...just wow. An incestuous wannabe brother who cross-dresses as a woman to pleasure his sister's boyfriends, in hopes of getting laid with his sister. You know, I'm thinking what the reactions to this episode would've been had it aired today?
I'm also surprised that the people on this thread thought that "She loved him and only pulled the threat to avoid breaking a taboo."; no of course she didn't. She pushed him without any hesitation. She loved him as her brother, and of course you're gonna feel guilty and miss your incestuous brother after sending him to hell.
i agree she loved him as a sibling 

i think the brothers coal was that she would get so disappointed with other guys that it would make her run in to hes arms, that type of deluded view 

pretty messed up story 

the comment reminded me this1
Oct 16, 2023 2:51 PM
Mar 2016
The most absurd thing about this episode was that somehow every guy in the school was secretly gay.
Oct 25, 2023 8:08 AM

Dec 2017
Didn't love the vaguely homophobic/transphobic undertones of some of the dialogue, but I'm not convinced there were truly malicious intents from the writers. Even despite his actions towards his sister, the brother is not shown as repulsive/creepy. So I'm conflicted. It might just be a clumsy choice of words.

The ending felt unnecessarily sad regardless, even the sister seems to immediately regret her choice. Maybe it's just me, but the way the sister is looking forward to seeing him again makes me think the feelings might have been requited. Like a previous user said, norms won't matter in Hell. I think she loved him back, but things were just too complicated and shocking for her at this point in time.

Overall I didn't expect so many twists though, it's always a great point when an ep manages to surprise the audience and not feel predictable (unlike many season 1 episodes...) The incest was easy to guess from the start, but I was so surprised they added the whole gender identity layer on top. I'm super conflicted, but I can at least say this was not a boring episode at all! Kudos for that.

bunniboizOct 25, 2023 8:13 AM
Apr 20, 1:01 PM
Apr 2021
The brother was fully in the wrong in this episode, and the reason why has nothing to do with incest or crossdressing. If you want to express your love for someone, you be honest and tell them your feelings, and whether the person accepts them or not, it's their choice to make. If you love someone, you don't sabotage every single relationship they get into by lying to them and tricking everyone they ever date. That shows that the brother did not care about his sister's feelings or happiness. He viewed her as an object to be owned. And this is physically shown when the brother literally forces himself onto his sister. This is not love and is never acceptable behavior.

Did he deserve to go to hell? Well in my opinion no one deserves to go to hell (yes, I mean no one) so this aspect doesn't affect my opinion of individual episodes.

HEYYY WANYUUDOU DON'T- AYYYYY STOP!!! YOU ARE COOL DON'T BE GNCPHOBIC NOW
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

82 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 27, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 18, 2008

66 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 25, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.