Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2011 3:24 AM

Feb 2010
Whoa. This episode reveals Kyoko's ugly side. Kyoko hasn't responded to Godai's "I love you," but she's holding him to it - while dating his rival. Godai shouldn't be dating either, but the difference is that he never intended to.

Kozue attaches herself to Godai in record breaking time. She's an obvious plot device, but at least she's friendly. Kyoko, meet your rival.

Near the end of the episode, Godai says something along the lines of "Could it be that she's interested in me?" You've got to be joking. This guy is as dense as a neutron star.
Aug 31, 2011 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
Kozue-chan is very cute ^_^.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Nov 18, 2011 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Okay Kyoko made me pissed this episode for some reason I liked her till this one I mean wtf shes allowed to date but hes not. That really made me angry I mean she never responded to him at all so wtf is she so mad about.
Nov 23, 2011 3:37 AM

Sep 2008
xLegionx said:
Okay Kyoko made me pissed this episode for some reason I liked her till this one I mean wtf shes allowed to date but hes not. That really made me angry I mean she never responded to him at all so wtf is she so mad about.

100% with you on that. She just seemed so hypocritical. It's perfectly fine for her to mess around with Godai's feelings, but he's not allowed to see any other girls while it's perfectly okay for her to go out on a fancy dinner date with the moronic tennis coach? It just seems so illogical... to the point that it's actually annoying to see it...
Oct 1, 2015 9:54 AM
May 2015
The part when godai was waiting for kyoko to comeback home.......priceless
Nov 11, 2015 5:21 PM
May 2015
This episode made me so angry -.- Kyoko was so annoying!
Aug 6, 2016 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
Well it's nice to know Kyoko isn't perfect. Though, these misunderstands are hard to overcome.
Apr 13, 2017 6:35 PM

May 2009
If Kozue shows up more, I hope she's a likable love rival (I usually hate girl love rivals bc they tend to be "fake" with a nasty attitude). Kyoko, don't be all jealous that Godai is seeing someone when you're with Mitaka lol
Aug 5, 2017 7:36 AM
Jun 2014
I totally ship Kozue! Kyoko seemed so mean this episode ><
Sep 27, 2017 4:26 PM

May 2015
Kyoko is scary when she gots angry.

Soichiro saved the day!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 4, 2017 6:43 PM

Mar 2012
Does anyone happen to know what song is playing while Godai and Kozue are eating at the restaurant?

Edit: My google skills just needed a bit more time! Found it:

Inside of Your Love - CINDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AebaGhfMFIw

nattsunDec 4, 2017 6:49 PM
Dec 12, 2017 4:12 AM

Nov 2012
Kyoko was hella obnoxious this episode.Clearly jealous of that girl getting close to Godai but of course she wouldn't confess that she likes him till the next 80 episodes probably.Not to mention she's basically lead on Mitaka who honestly doesn't have a chance with her.
Nov 21, 2018 4:55 PM

Nov 2016
I hope Kozue is a permanent addition to the cast. And well, was funny to see how angry and jealous Kyokos got.

She and Godai should clear things up, but it will be looong way.

Yotsuya and Akemi were evil as always.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 26, 2018 5:12 AM
Aug 2018
"I had no idea this was a horror movie."

Did he ever look at the movie tickets? They showed a woman that gets hit by an blood stained axe..

But I have to agree with everyone here, Kyoko was really nasty in this episode. She is angry and says that Godai is playing with a womans feelings but doesn't realise that she does the same to him..

And where did the "I won't date / marry any other man anymore" attitude go?
Sep 17, 2019 12:43 PM

Jul 2015
So Kyoko was expecting Godai to not go with other girls, even though they are not in a relationship, bit hypocritical. Hopefully she realises this, because as far as I could tell she didn't realise she was on a date herself

Jan 10, 2020 11:47 PM

Jun 2016
lol they are ridiculous af it's clear by now that manager needs a man right now in her life to satisfy her.

Since I've seen Kimagure Orange Road before I'm pretty sure this Kozue will be just like Hikaru-chan if she's permanently added to the cast.
Feb 4, 2021 4:23 AM
Jul 2019
FMmatron said:
I hope Kozue is a permanent addition to the cast. And well, was funny to see how angry and jealous Kyokos got.

FMmatron said:

same thought lol, and that edning though ⊂( ̄(エ) ̄)⊃
Sep 30, 2022 9:32 PM

Apr 2016
So she's almost perfect for him but he's obviously not going to fall for her.

I can get Kyouko feeling angry that Yuusaku might be insincere with his love declaration for her but girl, he's not worth it but I assume this is how she "understand" that she's falling for him? Meh.

Shun give up, she thought this was just friends hanging up but make it fancy.

Yotsuya gag with the clock was funny.
Apr 12, 2023 8:36 PM
Mar 2019
Interesting seeing Kyoko get jealous I wasn't expecting it. 
Then again this is Rumiko Takahashi we are talking about. It's only natural for her to get jealous after Godai confress his love for her.

Kozue is adorable. When Godai and Kozue get out of the theater there's a Star Wars poster in the background. A poster of kotatsu neko from Urusei Yatsura. There's a seems to be a poster of a real singer there. Nice to see both Godai and Kyoko go on a date even if it is with other people. That ending really fooled me I was like WTF is going on. I should have known 
Feb 1, 4:21 PM

May 2022
Kyoko san was rather blown off when she realized Godai san was on a date, too.

Akemi san kinda hot ngl.

Trains
EPs 9/96
In total 19 (no trains, count stands)
Apr 26, 3:48 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I will agree with everyone here, why the fuck does Kyouko go on a date with him, out of nowhere, and then dares to feel jealous, he already confessed more than once, and the last time he was not drunk and said it seriously, dunno what she is thinking.

It feels out of place for her to go on a date like that, like she is naive and putting herself on such a situation not paying attention to context and what should mean.

NOT a bad episode, but was a retarded one.

hellogoodbye said:
Whoa. This episode reveals Kyoko's ugly side. Kyoko hasn't responded to Godai's "I love you," but she's holding him to it - while dating his rival. Godai shouldn't be dating either, but the difference is that he never intended to.

I don't think that is her ugly side but more like WEAK writing, it just doesn't make sense and goes against how she has behave so far, she was very quick to get in a date just like that, and especially knowing Godai has something for her.
PlaycoolApr 26, 3:51 PM
May 13, 10:02 AM

Nov 2022
This episode kinda opens up an awkward love triangle (well, romcoms, nuff said). But aside all the passive emotional outbursts from both Kyoko (anger/resentment) and Godai (wavering bonds/embarrassing indecisiveness), the stare into each others' troubled eyes in the end, is beautifully timed. Yet another neat episode with good comedic timings.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 52 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 4, 2009

24 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 11 Discussion

Nissandwich - Nov 10, 2012

14 by breddie_sucks »»
May 12, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 19 Discussion

meneope - Jun 19, 2011

35 by alexrawk »»
May 3, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 10 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 3, 2011

31 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

29 by Playcool »»
Apr 26, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.