Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 12:46 PM
Apr 2024
please tell me that there are still people in this world who love anime, I look at people on the Internet and I get the feeling that everyone here hates it, to be honest, I’m in a very difficult state right now, I just adore anime, it’s literally the best thing I’ve found in in my life, I have never experienced so many emotions anywhere else, but now I am in a depressed state, every time I watch anime now, thoughts about these people with their “objectivity” come into my head, which is why I cannot be impressed at all, get into the atmosphere and get emotions from the story. I unironically fight for my right to admire and love it with all my heart as I did before. please tell me I'm not crazy!
May 21, 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
I think moe waifu anime is always the most enjoyable.
May 21, 1:13 PM

Nov 2021
YOU GOTTA FIGHT! *DUN DUN* FOR YOUR RIGHT! *DUN DUN DUN DUN* TO HAVE WAIIIIIIIIIIIIFUUUUUUUUS!
Taiga best girl forever.
May 21, 1:16 PM

Dec 2022
Don't let individuals forcing themselves to be perennial cynics prevent you from enjoying your interests. It might be easier said than done, but remember that many on the internet find negative discourse more alluring and thrilling than expressing positive sentiment. It's the sort of angst that more genuine souls shouldn't be too concerned with, lest they get dragged down to their level.

Shaded Horizon

May 21, 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Archean-Return
Don't let individuals forcing themselves to be perennial cynics prevent you from enjoying your interests. It might be easier said than done, but remember that many on the internet find negative discourse more alluring and thrilling than expressing positive sentiment. It's the sort of angst that more genuine souls shouldn't be too concerned with, lest they get dragged down to their level.
@Archean-Return does anyone take other people's opinions seriously online btw??
May 21, 1:32 PM

Sep 2016
arhttr said:
please tell me that there are still people in this world who love anime

Don't worry, there are millions.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 21, 1:33 PM
Jun 2016
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Archean-Return does anyone take other people's opinions seriously online btw??
@DesuMaiden Eh, it depends. I mean, only if I like their opinion or if they have proof to support their argument. It's like 50/50 since some people have some crazy-ass opinions (in a good way).
May 21, 1:35 PM

Apr 2024
Don't worry about it, everyone in the "community" tends to be a schmuck when talking about anime online. It's pretty much always been like that.

LhundrupMay 21, 1:44 PM
May 21, 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to 88expert
@DesuMaiden Eh, it depends. I mean, only if I like their opinion or if they have proof to support their argument. It's like 50/50 since some people have some crazy-ass opinions (in a good way).
@88expert yeah but opinions about anime shows dont usually matter that much tbh imo...
May 21, 1:53 PM
Mar 2019
Most, if not all people, you and me included, are absolute morons who don't know what they are talking about, and the sooner you realise that what others say about your interests doesn't matter in the slightest, the better off you are. Enjoy what makes you happy as much as you want, and when people hate on you and give you hell for it, remember what the Dude said.
May 21, 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Depression is nothing to laught at. You need to safeguard your mental sanity. Best thing you can do easy is to stay away from all the social media traffic that inbalanced your mental state in the first place. Whether you get withdrawal symptoms or not, you need to stay away from it and fully detox yourself.

Since you love anime, just focus on the kind of shows that you really like for now, whether it is CGDCT, SoL, mystery, whatever. Just spend time with your favorite passtime while fully ignoring social media traffic. If you feel the need to express your thoughts about the shows you watch, write a review on MAL. Once you feel better and strong again, you can take these reviews back on the the social media traffic if you're eager to go back to it. If some people leave some nasty comments on your profile because of the reviews you posted, make your profile private so no comments can be left behind there.

If you just want to see some people genuinely loving anime, take a look at my list, it has more then 80 shows I gave a 10. My 10's are because I really enjoyed it & would recommend. I'm not a professional critic and I don't get paid for my opinions or my scores, it's MyAnimeList after all, not OurAnimeList.

I can't do more, the rest is up to you! Good luck! Ganbatte!
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
May 21, 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Coaghim
Depression is nothing to laught at. You need to safeguard your mental sanity. Best thing you can do easy is to stay away from all the social media traffic that inbalanced your mental state in the first place. Whether you get withdrawal symptoms or not, you need to stay away from it and fully detox yourself.

Since you love anime, just focus on the kind of shows that you really like for now, whether it is CGDCT, SoL, mystery, whatever. Just spend time with your favorite passtime while fully ignoring social media traffic. If you feel the need to express your thoughts about the shows you watch, write a review on MAL. Once you feel better and strong again, you can take these reviews back on the the social media traffic if you're eager to go back to it. If some people leave some nasty comments on your profile because of the reviews you posted, make your profile private so no comments can be left behind there.

If you just want to see some people genuinely loving anime, take a look at my list, it has more then 80 shows I gave a 10. My 10's are because I really enjoyed it & would recommend. I'm not a professional critic and I don't get paid for my opinions or my scores, it's MyAnimeList after all, not OurAnimeList.

I can't do more, the rest is up to you! Good luck! Ganbatte!
@Coaghim does this site count as social media? I dont think so...
May 21, 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Coaghim does this site count as social media? I dont think so...
@DesuMaiden No, I don't think so either. But I mentioned to put the profile in private in case it might garner negative comments. You never know when the troll army snipes you :D
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

May 21, 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Coaghim
@DesuMaiden No, I don't think so either. But I mentioned to put the profile in private in case it might garner negative comments. You never know when the troll army snipes you :D
@Coaghim i dont troll people btw. I hardly write any reviews on MAL btw...
May 21, 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Coaghim i dont troll people btw. I hardly write any reviews on MAL btw...
@DesuMaiden I never said you are a troll :D I was talking in general. I don't know if you write reviews, you don't have to if you don't want to either. I don't write reviews either. Neither do I write a journal while some people really love writing a journal, it helps them to clear their thoughts or deal with their emotions. I don't know the guy based on 5 sentences, I'm not clairvoyant :p

May 21, 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Coaghim
@DesuMaiden I never said you are a troll :D I was talking in general. I don't know if you write reviews, you don't have to if you don't want to either. I don't write reviews either. Neither do I write a journal while some people really love writing a journal, it helps them to clear their thoughts or deal with their emotions. I don't know the guy based on 5 sentences, I'm not clairvoyant :p
@Coaghim well, you can find out about more of my posts by looking up DesuMaiden on a search engine btw...
May 21, 3:15 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Yeah, I like me some anime if I do say so myself.
May 21, 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Coaghim well, you can find out about more of my posts by looking up DesuMaiden on a search engine btw...
@DesuMaiden Dayum you're a forum junkie :D Shouldn't you watch some more anime instead? :P Or read some manga? :D

I thought I was gonna find a shitload of drawings you made, you mentioned that earlier somewhere here, no?

May 21, 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Coaghim
@DesuMaiden Dayum you're a forum junkie :D Shouldn't you watch some more anime instead? :P Or read some manga? :D

I thought I was gonna find a shitload of drawings you made, you mentioned that earlier somewhere here, no?
@Coaghim well, I watch alot of anime, too. But I tend to limit my exposure to anime because I think it causes brain damage. I especially avoid hentai anime, since it causes severe brain damage.
May 21, 3:25 PM

Nov 2018
Bruh..................
You enjoy, and adore this form of media at your own personal interests and fascination. The others dont matter, this interest of yours doesnt hurt anyone, so end of day, do not mind the others, and WHY SO SERIOUS MY DEAR??!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Coaghim well, I watch alot of anime, too. But I tend to limit my exposure to anime because I think it causes brain damage. I especially avoid hentai anime, since it causes severe brain damage.
@DesuMaiden I see, I'll tell you a little life hack. If you work out, you make new brain cells. So technically you could watch anime indefinitely while running on a treadmill ;)

May 21, 3:45 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Archean-Return
Archean-Return said:
Don't let individuals forcing themselves to be perennial cynics prevent you from enjoying your interests.

This. It's just anime not like you're committing murder or something, who cares what people thinks.
May 21, 4:00 PM

Oct 2022
Anime hadnt been as popular as it is now, for better and worse.

The good thing is that today you can get access to stuff you couldnt get in the 2000 or before of it ofc(Anime movies? On my country cinema?!)

This will bring people that just join it to enjoy it, others to just modify it (we all know what are we talking about) and people that will hate it because they see the stuff they love being replaced by anime. And now that western entertainment is in on a big pit, it is getting even more attention from those individuals.

My advice, like many here, enjoy the stuff you like. If the fandom is toxic, just dont participate on it and move on. Some fandom are a pain to belong in them, others are incredible
May 21, 5:35 PM

Apr 2020
Just watch and do whatever makes you happy and don't care too much about what other people think or say, especially on the internet. There is no objective opinion and if someone thinks that his opinion is absolute, then he just has delusions of grandeur and one day this behavior will backfire on him. These people are a waste of time because you basically talk to a wall. Also, there are people who love anime like me and a lot of other people I understand how many the reactions look but most of the time they are just a vocal group of people thats normal to happen when something is popular like anime now but just some people do not represent every person on this planet you just need to find the right people to talk with.
May 21, 5:50 PM
Sep 2023

As much as I enjoy your enthusiasm- I cannot imagine this being a serious post
If it is I suggest that you just avoid fandom spaces! They definitely can kill the hype for things :( I personally cannot stand the Precure and Hanako-Kun fandom despite enjoying the media!
May 21, 5:51 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Coaghim
@Coaghim I'm actually with shikimori, which is the Russian equivalent of Mal. and its main difference is that there you can leave comments under any page of the anime and, in principle, that’s why it became like 4chan.
May 21, 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
I think most people have issues with aspects of anime rather than hating anime as a whole. A lot of people who genuinely hate it are likely people who just have lost all interest and for some reason continue to consume it and/or interact with the community. It really baffles me.
May 21, 6:00 PM

May 2020
Lol, the absolute worst thing you can do is base your own enjoyment of something on what people say on the internet. Exchanging opinions is one thing but what other people think of an anime should not have any bearing on how you feel about it. If you can't separate the 2 then just don't engage with the fanbase, what could you possibly gain by growing to hate something which you could have loved if you had just steered clear of random haters.

Not to mention, if you ever need to assure yourself that people love anime, remember that this is a site where people come to exclusively talk about anime, to write 10000 word reviews for the "fun" of it, to record and rate every godamn episode of every series they consume. Yeah, I don't think anyone would bother if they didn't on some level love anime.
May 21, 11:20 PM

Jan 2022
lol you're watching bad anime and you're blaming pessimistic weebs like me on this website? Damn, you have it rough...
May 21, 11:26 PM

Aug 2018
Don't worry, you're definitely not crazy.
May 21, 11:53 PM

Mar 2023
Stop letting people live rent free inside your head.
May 22, 5:33 AM

Nov 2019
I enjoy anime even though I rate it 1/10, if it's completed it was worth watching in my eyes. (Even with regretful series like Ex-arm)
May 22, 6:38 PM

Feb 2021
Pay it no mind. Just do what you like. Strangers online don't and shouldn't matter.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

More topics from this board

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - Yesterday

24 by -Ryu »»
30 seconds ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Yesterday

33 by oappo »»
40 seconds ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - Yesterday

35 by -Ryu »»
2 minutes ago

» When Iconic comic characters like Superman, Batman and Spider-Man become public domain

BLACKANGER - 7 hours ago

5 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

89 by CareBear »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.