Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
They actually pulled it off. Dorm's on fire due to Ciel and Sebastian's timely plan. They still so much chemistry on screen similar to previous seasons.

This episode had one of those fancy events inviting the prominent members of this season, the rich, and students alike. Not going to lie, I think this show knows how to make an impression when delivering events. It's stylish for Black Butler and made the P4 guys look very important among the crowd.
May 11, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
From the Titanic of the Dead to Harry Potter... lol.

The Purple House students evacuate from the burning building. Sebastian, using his demonic senses, searches for Derrick but can't detect his soul, nor the five students who were moved to different dormitories. He realizes Derrick was never in the Purple House. Meanwhile, Gregory watches the fire in amazement until he's joined by the rest of the P4 and their Fags. The Houses work together to put out the fire. Following Ciel's orders, Sebastian assists by transporting large amounts of water with Soma's help.

Gregory vehemently rejects their entry into the Purple House, but Soma scolds him for his "useless pride." Cheslock steps in to confront Soma, but eventually, Gregory relents and allows them to assist. Cheslock promises to remember and repay this favor. Later, Ciel learns from McMillan that the headmaster will be present at the cricket tournament. McMillan explains that the headmaster invites a player who exhibits gentlemanly conduct to the midnight tea party, but the criteria change annually.

Another Phantomhive enters in the mix, eh?

May 11, 9:36 AM

Feb 2021
Looks like they're using CG for tea, fire and smoke. I really like it!
4:34 Huh, I've never seen "curiouser" being used, but apparently it's not wrong. British English I guess?

Elizabeth! I started liking her much more after Book of the Atlantic, but I guess she won't really do anything this season. I hope she gets more screentime if this gets more sequels.
I probably should've expected Ciel's father being a Weston graduate, but it was a nice reveal.
May 11, 12:25 PM

Mar 2007
Another great episode.
* The missing students aren't at Purple House. Of course not.
* Loved how the prefect's seconds were competing with the water thing and then Sebastian rocks up in an Elephant
* Purple guy initially didn't want anyone's help. Like ... what, is he afraid they're going to find some magic circle? Ooooh.
* Ciel is going to join the cricket team, just then they arrive to invite him at Sebastian's recommendation. Great minds think alike.
* The Cricket celebration and how each house came out posturing grandly was hilarious
* Oh Sebastian is recognized. Ooops!

I can't wait to watch the match.

Does anyone know what chapters of the Manga this arc is at? Wondering how much I need to read to catch up.
May 11, 2:50 PM

Jul 2021
Lizzie is back!
and finally, Vincent appears

May 11, 3:28 PM

Jun 2022
fun little episode !!!
it lowkey feels like a filler even tho its not

derrick arden is so mysterious bro like is he
(spoiler?) atp

IM HAPPY LIZZY IS BACK THO I MISSED HER T_T
also ofc mr phantomhive goes to this school

*i feel like violet team will sabotage blue team bc violet guy hates ciel rn

May 11, 3:38 PM

Feb 2019
ciel's dad looks like a hottie in his prime lol what an array of interesting characters. and didn't the whole pre-ceremony give off Goblet of Fire vibes??
May 11, 4:25 PM
Jul 2013
Goddamn Druitt of COURSE he’s back (how did he even get out of the charges for running an actual human trafficking ring idek) I love the extra insight into the characters’ families. As someone who doesn’t read the manga, this is well overdue. It’s the little things like the literal goblet of fire, white owl and the Indian being chosen for cricket that make this episode fun to watch. Can’t wait for next episode.
May 11, 6:16 PM

Apr 2016
A lot of returning characters (including Viscount Druitt lol I laughed so hard when he appeared) preparing for the Cricket tournament
Also a glimpse at Ciel's father, cool
May 11, 7:05 PM

Apr 2019
i was so surprised to see Vincent at the end of the ep, i don't remember if there was this flashback in the manga
CREDIT
pfp & sign. :@chirido_san on twt/x
May 11, 10:57 PM

Apr 2015
Fun episode. Elizabeth makes her re-appearance! Seeing Lady Francis once again going after Sebastian for his hair was amusing. And Viscount Druitt also makes his appearance again...I just knew that he had to be related to the head of Red House, their looks and mannerisms are so similar lol.

And as someone who doesn't find Sebastian or Undertaker very attractive, I gotta say, Vincent Phantomhive is hot as hell.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
May 12, 12:44 AM

Oct 2016
Goddamn, Vincent is so hot. I wonder if this will be related to the previous arc as well.

May 12, 7:33 AM

Jun 2023
Omg i love this episode.. Many character appears again.. Been so long, very nostalgic..
May 12, 7:43 AM
Jul 2013
Derek's search takes another turn, and to get closer to the director, he will have to stand out in the cricket tournament.

But first, mini story of Ciel's father, Vincent.
May 12, 9:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
boring party although with a great notice, the blue team one time the game and the captain was a Phantonhive!!!
kekeke
May 12, 10:03 AM

Jan 2017
Dang this episode was too good!!! 🖤🖤🖤😍😍😍
Ciel and Sebastian having the exact same thoughts about the cricket plan without even the need to exchange words was so crazy pleasurable to watch. Still can't get enough of those poker-faces to deceive anyone who might be doubtful of their true relationship. I'm soooo in love with these two...
It was also heartwarming to see familiar faces, especially Elizabeth, but the most surprising one was the appearance of Ciel's father and the fact that he's the sole winner of the Blue House. I felt my heart skipped a beat! Now I'm really excited on how will Ciel pull off this stunt of taking the Head Master's attention during the game! Bring it on!
May 12, 10:50 AM
Mar 2015
The missing boys are not in Purple House
May 12, 11:26 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to Stormy_77
Another great episode.
* The missing students aren't at Purple House. Of course not.
* Loved how the prefect's seconds were competing with the water thing and then Sebastian rocks up in an Elephant
* Purple guy initially didn't want anyone's help. Like ... what, is he afraid they're going to find some magic circle? Ooooh.
* Ciel is going to join the cricket team, just then they arrive to invite him at Sebastian's recommendation. Great minds think alike.
* The Cricket celebration and how each house came out posturing grandly was hilarious
* Oh Sebastian is recognized. Ooops!

I can't wait to watch the match.

Does anyone know what chapters of the Manga this arc is at? Wondering how much I need to read to catch up.
This arc is from chapter 67 to chapter 84 in the manga (I wouldn't say 85 should belong to this arc, but the Wiki says otherwise, soo... idk about this one.)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❝ if our love died, would that be the worst thing? ❞ㅤ▬▬▬▬▬ㅤ // ㅤart by: miu_akatsuki
May 12, 4:30 PM

Aug 2019
Ofc, the blue house won when Vincent was around!! It is always a treat to see him.
May 12, 4:46 PM

Nov 2012
Thanks to Iruma-Kun every time I hear Druit's voice actor, all I hear is "Rooonnoooveh?"

We now know why Ciel is in blue house and not red. Unbeknowst to him he was grandfathered in. I had a feeling we'd be seeing Vincent. He's just too handsome. He takes my mind off of Sebastian.

I'm really surprised it took them that long to realize the missing boys weren't in that house not alive anyway. That was my first thought. I don't know why I'm thinking vampires. Probably wishful thinking on my part.
May 12, 5:48 PM
Jul 2020
Vincent Phantomhive!!!!! I saw the blue hair and just knew! So excited for the next episode, especially since I haven’t read the manga this far. At least that I remember, last I read it was probably 5 years ago. Still- I wasn’t expecting this season to be so good!
May 13, 12:27 PM
Apr 2020
Well this episode was really good. Was surprised when they actually had Sebastian use his powers as normally he would just be throwing silverwear around so that makes a nice change. I was really surprised however when they showed Ciel's father Vincent at the end and what I also noticed was that his eyes were blue in this when in episode 8 of Book of Circus they were a hazel colour? Anyone explain this for me would be great.

Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Also got to love how The Vicount Druit makes an entrance as always hard not to laugh at, haha
May 13, 1:07 PM
May 2018
Is it just me or does Vincent look... wack. You'd think the new artstyle would suit Vincent

(what did they do to you??)
May 13, 2:14 PM

Oct 2020
I liked Lizzie's previous looks but not too fond of her current look. What made the episode good was Sebastian using his demonic powers rather than his fighting skills and Ciel unwillingly accepting Sebastian's talents when he recommends Ciel for the cricket team of Blue House. I also guessed that in the story Lord Alexis Leon Midford was telling, about Blue House winning he was talking about Vincent Phantomhive.
m0e9i8May 13, 2:39 PM
May 13, 8:10 PM
Apr 2024
This episode was so so well animated and well adapted! so beautiful
May 13, 8:12 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to glowings
i was so surprised to see Vincent at the end of the ep, i don't remember if there was this flashback in the manga
@glowings there was!
May 14, 12:44 PM
Apr 2020
Does anyone know if we’ll see griel or undertaker this season? I thought we would have seen them by now, unless they actually don’t have any screentime?
May 14, 12:59 PM
Apr 2020
I actually thought we would have seen them by now. Now that more past characters have returned, i supose we see ether one them later on as well?
May 14, 3:23 PM
Apr 2020
I actually thought we would have seen them by now. Now that more past characters have returned, i supose we see ether one them later on as well?
May 15, 12:31 PM
Apr 2024
Embient said:
Looks like they're using CG for tea, fire and smoke. I really like it!
4:34 Huh, I've never seen "curiouser" being used, but apparently it's not wrong. British English I guess?

Elizabeth! I started liking her much more after Book of the Atlantic, but I guess she won't really do anything this season. I hope she gets more screentime if this gets more sequels.
I probably should've expected Ciel's father being a Weston graduate, but it was a nice reveal.

About the use of “curiouser”. We definitely don’t use it here (UK) and I’m pretty sure the only instance of it being used is in Alice in Wonderland when she says “curiouser and curiouser”. This is probably an homage to that, especially since both stories are based in the latter half of the 19th century.
May 15, 8:08 PM

Oct 2022
I loved the Clark Kent effect with Edward not recognising Sebastian when he was wearing the glasses.
UndefeatedBahamut
May 16, 7:22 AM

Dec 2022
That is an overly extravagant ceremony over a Cricket tournament.
May 16, 4:47 PM

Oct 2022
This feels like a wild goose chase. More questions than answers.

May 16, 8:49 PM

Nov 2022
Damn, Ciel's father was a prefect???
AND sheesh Agares trips again, how does he not die of blood loss
May 17, 10:48 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to luv_ciel
@glowings there was!
@luv_ciel oh my i really didn't remember, i'm going to reread this arc to see. thx ^^
CREDIT
pfp & sign. :@chirido_san on twt/x
May 17, 5:44 PM

Oct 2022
To see the father of the Earl of Phantomhive, alive and well and a younger version of him is astonishing but very amusing and exquisite.
May 17, 9:22 PM
Sep 2014
Excellent Episode
May 17, 9:42 PM

Dec 2022
Beginning to wonder if Violet knew he was watching the sketches and used them to send specific messages. Guy kind of already has that air to him of a good guy we're meant to think was a bad guy at first. Makes me wonder if that maze he drew at the end was actually some comically important clue.
May 25, 7:19 AM
Nov 2015
just like the manga, incredible!!
May 27, 12:35 PM

Oct 2017
My girl is here, Elizabeth's already here. Love her. They changed her character design a bit but fine. It was funny watching Frances catch Sebastian. Leon and Edward though, like father like son, slow. Most importantly that ending damn, Vincent backstory. Gonna be epic.
May 28, 3:18 PM
May 2022
So Vincent Phantomhive was a prefect of the Blue House, interesting
Jun 3, 2:17 PM

Jun 2015
Oh, wow! I totally forgot about this part.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

32 by Raizel »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

37 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Today, 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

35 by Ranxomare »»
Today, 5:07 AM

» vibe

leyaf - May 1

7 by Cheonyu »»
Jun 3, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 24

75 by Tiwibis »»
May 31, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.