Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 7, 4:27 AM

Oct 2022
since the past 50-80 chapters, it has been a downgrade of an experience for me. from the drawings to the plot, nothing makes sense. and everything is just so messy and out of the place. its just so monotonous. sukuna is so unlikeable, and who tf likes him??? he's just an another delusional overpowered villain, whom i think was a main character all along lmao
are you guys also feeling like this???

FruitPunchBakaMay 7, 9:38 AM
May 7, 4:43 AM

May 2024
it's a fun read tho
May 7, 4:49 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either at the moment. I’m willing to wait until it all wraps up to go back and reread it all to see how I’m feeling. Since the time I was really loving this series was as I was binge reading it, I haven’t kept up with it from the beginning.

Now is it the worst shonen ever? Absolutely not, not even close. I feel like even the biggest haters of this series would be extremely disingenuous saying that it is. The multitude of horrible axed series exist, and even if you don’t wanna count them there are still far worse out there.
May 7, 4:49 AM

Jan 2009
its still enjoyable for the fights but ye the story is boring now i just want to see the end
May 7, 4:51 AM
Mar 2023
Anime fans are so wild.

"I've read eight hundred chapters and the last few have been less interesting to me. Time to declare it the 'worst shonen ever made'!"
May 7, 4:54 AM
Jan 2022
blud you don't even know what the heck happens after CH 137 (After Shibuya incident).
no spoilers, just givin you a hint, that do not stop reading it, Current JJK is on PEAK (no exaggeration intended), I'm telling you the truth, you don't even know why Cursed energy, Cursed spirits exists, especially in Japan......
so yeah, just read it!
May 7, 4:57 AM
Dec 2021
Clickbait ahh titel

May 7, 4:58 AM
Jan 2023
bahimiron said:
Anime fans are so wild.

"I've read eight hundred chapters and the last few have been less interesting to me. Time to declare it the 'worst shonen ever made'!"

bro where are you getting 800 chapters from..? 50-80 out of 260 is a pretty big chunk lmao
i do agree this post is exaggerated though
May 7, 5:27 AM
Feb 2022
It's not the worst but it's definitely one of the most overrated out there. If you take away two or three characters, you're left with practically nothing remarkable besides the power system.
Is Chainsaw Man overrated or just overhyped? 
May 7, 5:41 AM
Jul 2019
The downgrade is immense and th artstyle is actually abysmal, but still there are shonen like boruto, fairy tail and Tokyo revengers so this far from the worst. It did fall off tho where now it’s kinda mid and boring
May 7, 5:42 AM

Feb 2010
Definitely seen and enjoyed worse shounen than JJK
May 7, 5:55 AM
May 2022
Are we really going to say it’s the worst ever made when it was great through Shibuya arc? You guys are so hyperbolic
May 7, 6:25 AM

May 2021
Reply to ANIME_LOVER_25_
blud you don't even know what the heck happens after CH 137 (After Shibuya incident).
no spoilers, just givin you a hint, that do not stop reading it, Current JJK is on PEAK (no exaggeration intended), I'm telling you the truth, you don't even know why Cursed energy, Cursed spirits exists, especially in Japan......
so yeah, just read it!
@ANIME_LOVER_25_
i think you are on something. Current JJK is NOT on peak, and according to your MAL update you are at chapter 204 when its already like 258chapters out. Why are you saying its peak when you aren't even at the newest chapter? Now excuse me if you are actually on chapter 258, the story right now is still no where peak. The peak already passed.
May 7, 6:27 AM

May 2021
You are absolutely right the recent chapters are downgrade because so much information dump and out of ceiling power scaling. But its not the worst shounen ever made bruh. Its still one of the best shounen in modern times even if it fell off.
May 7, 6:31 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Zimmu
@ANIME_LOVER_25_
i think you are on something. Current JJK is NOT on peak, and according to your MAL update you are at chapter 204 when its already like 258chapters out. Why are you saying its peak when you aren't even at the newest chapter? Now excuse me if you are actually on chapter 258, the story right now is still no where peak. The peak already passed.
@Zimmu yes I'm at CH 204 so dunno about CH 258 but I'm damn sure Gege is cooking something
May 7, 6:41 AM
Feb 2022
ANIME_LOVER_25_ said:
so yeah, just read it!

are you saying those current chapter are peak then your standard for peak is very low , culling game was the last good thing happened in jjk.
May 7, 6:57 AM
Jun 2021
I haven’t read a single chapter since 241 because it’s boring I got some spoilers too but I don’t care tbh
May 7, 7:26 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to Zimmu
You are absolutely right the recent chapters are downgrade because so much information dump and out of ceiling power scaling. But its not the worst shounen ever made bruh. Its still one of the best shounen in modern times even if it fell off.
@Zimmu yeah and u r right 2 m8, but the fell off in the second half is so big that i can't just ignore it. every time i try to read it, i just can't seem to enjoy it. even though i know that it'll all make sense in the end... but it feels so unengaging regardless ;((
May 7, 7:34 AM
Jul 2020
As many people have said before, if the worst manga you’ve ever read was in Weekly Shonen Jump, you need to read more manga
May 7, 9:28 AM
Aug 2023
No ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
May 7, 9:42 AM

Aug 2018
It's been going downhill ever since the Culling Games. Honestly, I feel like Gege loves lurking on the Jujutsu Kaisen meme subreddit and changes the story accordingly.
May 7, 1:48 PM
Apr 2021
I kind of agree in some aspects. I wouldn’t say it’s the worst, but in terms of shounen overall, I’m getting sick of it. It’s moved into Dragon Ball domain in terms of power scaling. Just when you think there is no possible way anyone could be any stronger than what has been presented, there is always some doodoo niche enemy with a power that is the exact answer and they win completely unscathed.
(A literal black hole, if you know what I’m referencing)

Or they just have some fluent in yappanese answer as to how they completely healed from an attack 10 chapters ago and are now clapping cheeks.

The fights are cool and all, but like if you keep dropping characters and villains that have world destroying abilities, then it kinda takes away from investing in the main characters and villains stories cos you know there’s some crap coming to explain it all away.
May 7, 4:17 PM
Jul 2023
no, that prestigious award goes to devilman
May 7, 8:47 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to reTIKYI
no, that prestigious award goes to devilman
@reTIKYI nah bro, devilman is far better than jjk imo
May 7, 11:28 PM

Jun 2020
I can definitely feel the downgrade but it’s not the worst or close to the worst shonen ever made at all. You will still catch me riding the hype because it is still an interesting and sometimes fun series but I wish Gege spent more time on the character interactions I genuinely don’t care about anyone alive except yuji

May 7, 11:55 PM

Mar 2021
I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. It looks like it will be over by the end of the year and they don't plan to linger and drag out the story.

May 8, 10:48 AM
Jun 2022
This is far from the worst shonen, even in its weakest points. If you think it is, you haven’t read enough shonen
May 8, 2:13 PM
Jan 2021
The past 50 or so chapters have definitely taken a number or 2 off of its score imo. I think Sukuna had potential as a villain, but he's currently my least favorite part of the manga by quite a bit. I'm tired of his constant asspulls. If you want to end it with him winning, then I'm all for that, but the way it's going, they're expecting me to believe Yuji can beat him, which doesn't seem earned at all.
May 8, 4:55 PM
Dec 2022
FruitPunchBaka said:
since the past 50-80 chapters, it has been a downgrade of an experience for me. from the drawings to the plot, nothing makes sense. and everything is just so messy and out of the place. its just so monotonous. sukuna is so unlikeable, and who tf likes him??? he's just an another delusional overpowered villain, whom i think was a main character all along lmao
are you guys also feeling like this???

i mean as a villain i’m pretty sure sukuna is meant to be unlikeable 😅
May 8, 5:34 PM
Aug 2023
There’s no way you genuinely believe JJK is the worst Shonen ever. Even if you’re not enjoying it right now there’s worse things out there to read.
May 8, 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
I mean, there probably are worse things out there. But JJK's decline in quality is hilarious lol. It amazes me that the same guy who wrote Hidden Inventory is writing this arc. I don't think there is a single good thing I can say about this current arc ngl, and it's pretty hard to salvage the story anymore lol. If anyone asks me if I recommend JJK in the future, I'll tell them to just watch or read Hidden Inventory and JJK 0, the story ends after that.
May 9, 1:45 AM

May 2021
Reply to minikemon
I mean, there probably are worse things out there. But JJK's decline in quality is hilarious lol. It amazes me that the same guy who wrote Hidden Inventory is writing this arc. I don't think there is a single good thing I can say about this current arc ngl, and it's pretty hard to salvage the story anymore lol. If anyone asks me if I recommend JJK in the future, I'll tell them to just watch or read Hidden Inventory and JJK 0, the story ends after that.
@minikemon
. It amazes me that the same guy who wrote Hidden Inventory is writing this arc.

You ain't the only one thinking this. I had thought about this too, many many times. The man that created HI, such a short and well written arc that Geto and Gojo feels so multi-dimensonal and siginicant within one and half volume; the man who created Shibuya arc, so many memorable battles and chaos and excitement, is creating the mess JJK is right now. Just a pity really.
May 9, 1:49 AM
Jul 2023
They’ll tear you down and say you were wrong for your opinion, but no I have not been as impressed with JJK as the rest of the world, at any point. It’s what happens these days though, with the streaming era of anime. It’s less about content and quality— more about how watchable it is after you work a night shift, smoke weed, and turn your brain off.

Mix that with the hypebeasts and you have the phenomenon you have now. People pretend to be invested into these series, but don’t even speak of them until they get an anime.

Now, could JJK have been a great story? 100% yes. If they utilized the trio to their fullest potential, it would’ve been enjoyable. Even without that, if Akutami didn’t shelve any and every character from being important until they needed to die, the series would’ve been better off. It’s like he’s self-sabotaging and speedrunning how to make hasty decisions. Yuji’s “cog” theme isn’t played well because he isn’t just a cog and we all know that now with the reveal that Sukuna is his great uncle. He’s the Main Character who’s going to survive any and everything just to match the ridiculous villain who has been giving excuse after excuse.

That’s another thing I dislike about Akutami’s style of writing. He’ll explain it to you with some half-assed background information or “binding vow” and then screws off until the next asspull. I find many characters in the cast to be interesting, but it’s pointless to hope for anything more than them being used as plot devices. And the anime-onlys turned manga fans will tell you it’s “realistic.”
May 9, 2:04 AM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
It’s one of the worst ones, that’s for sure. Nothing interesting happened post shibuya arc. I don’t give af about the culling games and the fights aren’t even entertaining.
May 9, 7:27 PM
Jul 2023
FruitPunchBaka said:

they both set the bar remarkably low so devilman being slightly better doesn’t mean much
May 9, 10:05 PM
Jun 2021
ANIME_LOVER_25_ said:
so yeah, just read it!

yeah current jjk is a snooze fest. sukuna fights thirty different people, gets shit on, turns out sukuna is fine, everyone gets shit on, new character comes. repeat for 30 chapters. the only new addition is that itadori has stayed other than that it’s been boring. this dudes criticism is completely valid
May 10, 8:40 PM

Apr 2022
yeah unlike the anime, i've never liked the manga because of how the art looks but at least the plot was decent till shibuya. after that, i'd be inclined to agree that it's one of the worst. there's still worse ones though, like tokyo revengers for example.
May 12, 10:01 AM

Jun 2014
Not even close to the worst shounen ever made, can y'all be for real. Good lord, something happened to this reader base after Gojo's death, BS like this was NOT popping up when he was still around.

"Nothing interesting has happened post-Shibuya; the fights aren't entertaining anymore." Tell me you're talking out of your ass without telling me.

bahimiron said:
Anime fans are so wild.

Welcome to MAL, where no one actually likes the things they watch/read.
thebrentinator24May 12, 10:12 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 13, 12:02 PM
Aug 2023
I got bored and dropped the manga after chapter 250 ish.
May 24, 8:02 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to reTIKYI
FruitPunchBaka said:

they both set the bar remarkably low so devilman being slightly better doesn’t mean much
@reTIKYI but still, its a lil better than that
May 24, 8:05 PM

Aug 2018
I think I've been infected by the Gege virus. I feel like I'm starting to fall in love and rooting for Sukuna.

❤️
May 24, 8:06 PM

Jan 2024
It's a fun read. Not much that makes me bawl my eyes out
May 25, 3:18 AM
Aug 2023
I don't understand the hate.
I mean, this dude is a genius:

• Gojo fans wanted his comeback
• Yuta fans wanted to see Yuta be the second Gojo
• Sukuna fans wanted to see himself defeating Gojo without Mahoraga or other help

Gege Akutami is about to pull that of.
I think it's the best way to satisfy as many people as possible.
May 26, 9:57 AM
Nov 2023
Current arc has cemented JJK as the best shounen in my eyes. Gege has balls unlike the authors we've had to deal with past 15 years
May 26, 11:41 AM

May 2021
Reply to Gitown234
Current arc has cemented JJK as the best shounen in my eyes. Gege has balls unlike the authors we've had to deal with past 15 years
@Gitown234
ok but the author having balls doesn't make his work "the best". just saying.
May 26, 11:48 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Zimmu
@Gitown234
ok but the author having balls doesn't make his work "the best". just saying.
@Zimmu JJK is a breath of fresh air compared to the disappointment of 2/3 big 3 having mediocre endings, MHA being utter trash, CSM not living up to the hype that part 1 had made, and countless other mid shounen that have appeared in the past 20 years. This was the best chapters in all of JJK behind 236 and Yuji's awakining. Gege restored my faith in this mid shounen era
May 30, 3:42 PM
Jul 2023
FruitPunchBaka said:
@reTIKYI but still, its a lil better than that

i guess you can say that

More topics from this board

» They said you couldn't do worse for Gege, but they were wrong

Mehay012 - May 26

41 by troilus_05s »»
6 hours ago

» Do people really hate ch 261?

Khushal_v - May 23

33 by troilus_05s »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 261 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - May 22

125 by Urmomsomghah69_ »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» “Jujutsu Kaisen ‘Shinjuku Showdown’ arc is at its CLIMAX

deg - May 30

15 by ryzxgum »»
Jun 2, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 202 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 27, 2022

39 by tcandy19 »»
Jun 1, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.