Jan 2018

I CAN'T WAIT.
ARK-13May 3, 4:15 AM
May 3, 4:14 AM

Jul 2021
lets fucking goooooo
May 3, 4:18 AM
Mar 2022
Looks like they're doing Orokamonogatari and Nademonogatari. But there's Wazamonogatari in between them.

Haven't read Off or Monster Season yet. If anyone here has, can you confirm if Wazamono has important stuff which might affect Nademono or is it more episodic in nature and should be fine?

If not then I'll have to read them all before season drops.
May 3, 4:20 AM

Jun 2021
it's just... so peak
May 3, 4:25 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to RandomPerson9348
Looks like they're doing Orokamonogatari and Nademonogatari. But there's Wazamonogatari in between them.

Haven't read Off or Monster Season yet. If anyone here has, can you confirm if Wazamono has important stuff which might affect Nademono or is it more episodic in nature and should be fine?

@RandomPerson9348 I haven't read Off and Monster season either. But I think this is the first part they are adapting. The 2nd part of the Off season will maybe be Waza and Musubimonogatari?
May 3, 4:29 AM
Mar 2022
ARK-13 said:
@RandomPerson9348 I haven't read Off and Monster season either. But I think this is the first part they are adapting. The 2nd part of the Off season will maybe be Waza and Musubimonogatari?

Yup. I'm also betting on that. But this is Nisioisin we're talking about. There's a lot of stuff that works in the first three seasons because of the order in which the story is told. The release schedule of the anime wasn't the same and if you watch it like that, then some scenes don't have the same impact.

I've no doubt they will adapt it all, but I'd rather get to experience it how Nisio intended. Of course, if there is no such connection and they're more episodic (seems like it in the trailer), then I'll just enjoy watching it normally.
May 3, 4:34 AM

Apr 2020
Looks so gooood Im gonna explode!
May 3, 4:35 AM
Mar 2019
Why does it say ONA? What platform is this gonna be on and how will it be broadcast? Why is it not a TV series?
TheRealNinjanime
May 3, 4:39 AM

Apr 2014
UNDEAD is now confirmed to be the ED of the series
何それ?意味分かんない
May 3, 4:48 AM

Jun 2019
This is pure cinema.
May 3, 5:02 AM
Jul 2021
Well the summer season was looking weak until now
May 3, 5:33 AM

Jul 2017
I have not read the Off Season and Monster Season stories but this PV looks great and I'm excited to see this anime in the Summer (and rewatch this anime probably in June whenever I find time). Summer season looked really, really boring and was curious about whether some more major shows were going to be announced then and this is one of them.

The YOASOBI song is... fine. It's a generic YOASOBI song from looks of things and I do prefer the other songs this franchise has had to offer. Maybe the visuals with the ED can deliver to make it work.
May 3, 6:12 AM

Feb 2021
It's very modern Monogatari like. Kinda miss Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari animation style tbh but this looks great in its own way.

Can't believe I finally get to watch Monogatari as it's airing.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 3, 6:42 AM

Apr 2021
@Ninjanime it will be on abema
A Japanese streaming site as mentioned on the trailer
May 3, 7:08 AM
Jul 2021
Also why does MAL still have this as a ONA instead of a TV since it said it will come out every week
May 3, 7:17 AM

Apr 2022
mark the date, we will be there no matter what.
May 3, 8:12 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Gavinyeet
Also why does MAL still have this as a ONA instead of a TV since it said it will come out every week
@Gavinyeet Because it'll air only on a streaming service going by the trailer, so it's an ONA (Original Net Animation).
May 3, 8:14 AM
Feb 2021
Gavinyeet said:
Because it won’t be broadcasted on TV. It will stream on Abema, a Japanese streaming service.
Don’t know about worldwide streaming for now.
May 3, 8:36 AM

May 2022
Who's gonna license it worlwide?
May 3, 8:36 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Gavinyeet Because it'll air only on a streaming service going by the trailer, so it's an ONA (Original Net Animation).
@Ionliosite2 oh I saw that but just thought well Yeah it will be on TV too my bad
May 3, 10:21 AM

Sep 2020
trinitroglycerin said:

Most likely CrunchyRoll as they own the licence for most of the series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 11:13 AM

Nov 2017
IT LOOKS SO GOOD OH MY GODDDDD
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
May 3, 11:29 AM

May 2021
Ayooooo! LETS GOOOOOOOOO!
May 3, 11:52 AM

Jul 2022
ryzxgum said:
mark the date, we will be there no matter what.

May 3, 1:54 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to RandomPerson9348
ARK-13 said:

Yup. I'm also betting on that. But this is Nisioisin we're talking about. There's a lot of stuff that works in the first three seasons because of the order in which the story is told. The release schedule of the anime wasn't the same and if you watch it like that, then some scenes don't have the same impact.

I've no doubt they will adapt it all, but I'd rather get to experience it how Nisio intended. Of course, if there is no such connection and they're more episodic (seems like it in the trailer), then I'll just enjoy watching it normally.
@RandomPerson9348
When it comes to off season, it’s pretty episodic in nature and there’s not really any connection between the arcs. The only thing is tsukihi undo from orokamonogatari being important for nademonogatari (both of which were shown in the PV and trailers so there won’t be a problem with that). for the rest even if you read them completely out of order there wouldn’t be anything lost imo. If they did nademonogatari right after oroka and skip waza until later, id even argue it would be better bc it would line up tsukihi undo and nade perfectly right after each other. Waza is 2/3 backstories anyways and 1/3 a Karen only arc that’s not important for the other arcs, so it really doesn’t matter where it’s placed compared to the others.
May 3, 2:19 PM

Aug 2018
I don't know what's going on, but it looks good. I can't wait.
May 3, 2:42 PM
Jun 2022
RandomPerson9348 said:

i actually just finished reading off season, and the nature of all the arcs/books in it is that they are stand-alone stories. shaft could adapt all the off season arcs in whatever order they want and it should be fine
May 4, 1:15 PM
Star☆Twinkle

Oct 2018
Nice. Didn't expect this to be right around the corner but let's go.
May 5, 6:31 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to trinitroglycerin
@trinitroglycerin if it is someone, it's probably crunchyroll, since monogatari is from aniplex.
May 11, 2:41 PM
Feb 2021
Did the song say "Peace Peace"? I am so excited.

More topics from this board

» ITS BACK ( 1 2 3 )

yahallos - Jan 18

139 by Zedlin »»
May 12, 6:45 PM

» Will Senjougahara appear in this season?

Oreki_Houtaro24 - May 3

1 by Aizuru »»
May 3, 7:34 PM

» Theme song "UNDEAD" by Yoasobi

ARK-13 - May 2

25 by Angra_Shadow »»
May 3, 4:43 PM

» Monogatari off season

Horriidd - Apr 19

5 by dfyh »»
May 3, 4:16 AM

» Will there be no Koyomi?

DABUNGINATOR - Jan 20

25 by Noitora33 »»
Apr 29, 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.