Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 1, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Kazuma. Sometimes when he wants to get something done, he means it. I mean, they are trying to also spend their time in a luxury while trying to deal with the thieves problem.

Megumi's reactions were priceless this episode, and Darkness can be scary when she's pissed. I kinda admire Kazuma's effort this episode since he's also doing it to help Eris.
Stark700May 1, 8:45 AM
May 1, 7:30 AM

Dec 2021
The biggest hurdle for the group yet: staying at the house of one of their mortal enemies.

For Iris's sake, Kazuma comes up with a plan to stay in the capital city, declaring that he will capture the notorious thief causing a stir in the town. The target of the thief is the misbehaving nobles. So, Kazuma and the others decide to stake out the mansion of Alderp, a noble with whom Axel has a history. While Alderp wears a bitter expression, Kazuma, Aqua, and Megumin enjoy the noble life to the fullest, while Darkness feels awkward. The next day, Alderp was cleaning a one-way mirror, which he used to peek into the bathroom, when Kazuma burst in.

You know, it's a minor detail, but the way Kazuma carries Megumin by her staff instead of her legs is quite interesting. It's a practical way to handle her gear, indicating he's accustomed to it now. I wonder if there's any deeper significance to it, or if it's just a practical choice? And here comes Mitsurugi, making his comeback... Do you think he managed to retrieve his sword? Kazuma sure knows where his priorities lie.

So Chris was our thief, huh... lol

May 1, 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
Oh welp, Kazuma and the gang staying at one of their enemy's places, Alderp, they know how to make use of the entire scrutiny.

For the sake of Princess Iris, Kazuma gives an effort, but to find Alderp with a peeping magic mirror, he as sure doesn't want an old man like him seeing Darkness's naked body. Too bad that this is the only event of note within the mansion so far, and Megumin worrying for Kazuma like a potential girlfriend, she's really going for it...with her usual Explosion need of release, so much that the capital has heard of her name lols. Everyone is back to their usual derpiness, and Kazuma thought that he'd found the thief, but is in fact Chris, the reason of which Kazuma doesn't want to hear, and safeguards her before anyone noticed. And Aqua absolutely took the chance while Kazuma was tied very tightly to air her qualms, of which both Megumin and Darkness took that personally lols.

Back to the reporting, and even if Iris complimented Kazuma, his presence is unwanted in the kingdom's palace. Kyouya Mitsurugi meeting them halfway to present a ring to Aqua...that's a rather gentlemen move, but not enough for her. Chris coming for Kazuma again, and the latter's still the same, though the Divine Treasures are of note that she's looking for, for a client. But if Chris isn't enough, the alarm sounding of the Devil King's army's attack with both Megumin and Darkness raring to go, Kazuma might as well give his effort, ANY of it to return to Iris.

Oh welp, ANYTHING to return to little sister Iris for Big Brother Kazuma.
May 1, 8:32 AM

Apr 2010
I just watched pure chaos.

Poor noble having to endure all that tho he did deserve some of it was the things he had done including that mirror.
Chris was also having a hard time this episode so hopefully she will achieve her goal.
May 1, 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
Not too much happened here but this wasn't too bad, I did like Chris from the books and was waiting to see her and Kazuma interact in this volume so that was fun in its own way. The overuse of shouting in its humor can still be taxing and makes it a bit boring at times but it was more bothersome in some of the other episodes like the first one. Should hopefully be nice seeing Kazuma potentially 'prove' himself to be the adventurer he is to Iris with the Devil King army present. He could have gotten the glory by selling Chris out but he did spare her as he did know her and she did have a seemingly 'good' motive behind it all so will be interesting to see where this all plays out in the upcoming episodes. Not the most engaging engaging from start to finish, but there were moments here and there that I did like about it. Even the little brief scene with Kazuma and Megumin talking during lunch and Megumin showing some of her tsundere side with her seemingly rising affections for him after her worry for his disappearance to the castle was nice I guess in showing some amount of progress this series has made since its start.
May 1, 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
Yet another episode where the humor really drowns out whatever positive aspects are there in the series almost completely. Not even the slightest bit shocking to me anymore.
May 1, 8:53 AM

Mar 2021
This was hilarious Kazuma really just wants to be left alone. Poor Darkness though having to apologise constantly for Aqua, Megumin and kazuma's behaviour.
May 1, 8:55 AM

Feb 2021
So Chris was the tief all along...
Kazuma being the highlight of the episode once again...
May 1, 9:04 AM
Sep 2021
Enjoyed, had a good time, laughed quite well. So now we are off to fight the demon king army.
May 1, 9:08 AM

Dec 2023
This was probably overall the best episode yet.
Useless Aqua, Darkness losing her mind, Kazuma being Kazuma, and Megumin on her explosive addiction.
An episode that was actually really funny.
May 1, 9:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Jesus Alderp's outfit reminds me more of a jester than a noble. An explosion filled date lol thats our Megumin. The team really made themselves truly at home at the mansion though. The Kazuma punishment party was pretty amusing. Funny that Chris would pick a night visit to Kazuma's room as her chance to explain things. Darknesses job as the mother of the party sure is a tough one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 9:13 AM

Jan 2016
I remember reading a doujin of that part with Chris a long, long time ago... So all this time I've been spoiled and I didn't even know
This episode was nonstop comedy, I love it
May 1, 9:21 AM

Dec 2022
Oh no. I don't think the world is prepared for sadist Lalatina!

I was not expecting Lord Aldarp to express genuine concern over Darkness having to deal with Kazuma and the party. However, I was expecting some shenanigans like with the one-way mirror. Both Kazuma and I have seen enough educational documentaries to know to watch out for this kind of man. Kindred spirits indeed.

We have a hook for another adventure with Chris being the thief targeting the nobles and trying to rope Kazuma into a quest to hunt down the cheat items of past isekai people. I've missed her. Given how far her thief skills have taken Kazuma, I'd love to see them working together. The return of Mitsubishi is also a welcome one. I'm sure Aqua will remember you eventually!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
May 1, 9:24 AM

Feb 2013
Was Aqua not supposed to give those items out? 😅
May 1, 9:36 AM
Jul 2023
Kazuma committed multiple crimes in this episode, he is really unstoppable at this point.
May 1, 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
The gang taking over Alderp’s mansion and just eating all his food up and being loud as hell is hilarious 😭. Alderp tried his best to deal with it to keep lalatina happy and marry her, but poor dude got nothing in return. I almost felt bad for him despite him being a massive creep on darkness.

Chris is back! Good to see her, of course the thief had to be her, should’ve been obvious in hindsight, but Kazuma not wanting to hear out her reasoning so he doesn’t get in any more big plots had me dying.

God I wish that was me getting tied up and forced fed by Darkness 😩

Mitsurugi showing up to give Aqua a ring and she doesn’t even know who buddy is, AND the ring doesn’t even fit. Poor guy. Would’ve been better off bringing her some booze.

Off to fight the demon king army next week, much to the chagrin of Aqua. Too bad they couldn’t stay at Iris’ mansion anymore now that the thief case has been solved
Marinate1016May 1, 10:40 AM
May 1, 10:08 AM

Jan 2018
Darkness again being the only sensible member of the party. This makes me think that she's the most normal out of the 4 again...

Man, has Kazuma's gang always been this shameless? Ik Kazuma stayed at that castle for days but I'd expect that from him. But him, Aqua, and Megumin crashing into that perverted noble's house made me feel bad even for him. Lmfao. At least his magic mirror got broken lol...

Of course Megumin's idea of a date is going to perform her explosion magic lol. I wonder if she'd ever be interested in normal dates.

Chris being the thief didn't surprise me at all. She's like the only thief character that we know and also she stole that artifact from Kazuma all the way back in the beginning of the season.

Knowing that this is KonoSuba, Kazuma going to the battlefield will severely backfire on him. Can't wait to see it lol.
May 1, 10:15 AM

Mar 2023
Easily the weakest episode so far for me. I found the previous 3 funnier. Excited for next week, since it should be a battle episode, those have always been good
watsymMay 1, 10:20 AM
May 1, 10:30 AM

Jul 2011
Megumin's Explosion crater size are like 60~70% of the capital's area.

Aqua smug smile.

Darkness should just let Megumin go. The strategy was sound, AoE before there's people to get hurt.
May 1, 10:31 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to Mainnus
Kazuma committed multiple crimes in this episode, he is really unstoppable at this point.
@Mainnus

Legend, lmao.
May 1, 10:35 AM
Nov 2022
Very funny like every week, I suspected from the beginning that Cris could be the thief, now I understand why xd.

Something to highlight is the dynamics of the characters, how Kazuma no longer cares (as much) about bringing out his "filthy" side at the same time that he maintains his "virgin" personality when he is with Megumin.
May 1, 11:08 AM
Jun 2022
finally the show has started 😂 this episode was great man
May 1, 11:15 AM
Apr 2021
looking forward to seeing the masked thief in action.
May 1, 11:20 AM

May 2021
god i love konosuba! loved the interaction between kazuma and er- chris.
breed fr
May 1, 12:27 PM

Oct 2017
Yep thought so, it was Chris who took the item back then. Her employer is definitely not upto any good and she's just getting used ain't she? Poor Kazuma just wants to chill, let him for once. Aqua's intuition is probably gonna be true. Also the girls sure didn't miss the chance and had fun with Kazuma.
May 1, 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
The directing this season feels really weird. I dunno what Drive is doing but the conversations between the characters feels a little off.

Chris finally being a central character in the story. I wonder who her mysterious client is. Probably Vanir if I had to guess.

This guy gets it.

I'll take her.
Read Toriko!
May 1, 1:02 PM

Feb 2014
Didn't Chris steal Kazuma's mallet that spawns gold coins? Why would he forget about that and even consider helping her?
May 1, 1:16 PM

Nov 2014
The best episode of this season. So much screaming.
I never thought Chris would be so funny.
Kazuma finally did the thing with his fingers again!
May 1, 1:19 PM

Feb 2014
I should've known that Megumin's idea for a "date" would actually be her daily explosion training, which its power is really strong now judging by how big the craters are around the capital as well as the nearby mountain top being blown to smithereens. She certainly had a blast in doing all of that! XD

It felt fitting that the thief was Chris all along, where Kazuma caught her in the act. Although she wanted to tell him something important, Kazuma simply didn't want to hear her out at all, not once but twice. Maybe she'll get her chance to say what she wanted to say next time.

The devil king's army has now chosen to strike in the middle of the night. While Kazuma did refuse to move at first, despite Darkness pleading for him, his mind did a complete 180 when he concluded that getting involved in this battle will make him look good again in front of Iris and the others in the capital and make up for his failure of catching the "thief" Atleast he was able to drag Aqua out, despite her hilarious cry of refusal.

I do look forward to seeing if Kazuma's plan will work out, or for it to spectacularly backfire on him. Either way, I'm sure I'll be laughing a lot whatever happens!
May 1, 1:25 PM

May 2020
Our resident thief, Chris, was somehow involved in this act of thievery too. Well, she might have escaped the punishment, for actually two things to be precise, but hey, Kazuma felt her in the name of self defense( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), so that's plenty enough punishment right?

Demon king forces yet again, and hey motive might not be as ideal as it should've been, Kazuma yet again got ready to play the hero lol.
May 1, 2:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I figured the thief was Chris upon the first mention of a thief, and I’m glad it was because Kazuma’s moments with her were very funny, both when he initially caught her and when she came into his room near the end. And Kazuma tried all he could to stay out of bad situations but Chris was very persistent so he was forced to listen, and this was where he found out she was the one that stole the infinite money glitch because of her quest to get back all the cheat items and boy was he pissed lol.

And Kazuma wasn’t done with bullshit just yet, as the Devil King’s army decided to attack and Darkness couldn’t handle the party alone, another hilarious scene but once Kazuma realized he might be able to get back into the castle if he gets to show off, he decided to take part and dragged Aqua along with them lol, I look forward to seeing how this goes down as I can’t imagine it going well.
May 1, 3:01 PM

Oct 2019
every episode is better than the last! truly peak...
May 1, 3:25 PM
Jul 2022
I think Kazuma is a sexual deviant, poor Chris.
May 1, 3:46 PM

May 2015
Man this has really lost its charm. Starting to remind me of season 10+ Simpsons
May 1, 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
I think this is the most humiliated Darkness has ever been without her secretly enjoying it.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 1, 4:15 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to Marenwynn
@Marenwynn I think it's more a case of, how did someone like Alderp get a hold of these cheat items and how is he using them? Probably in no good ways.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 1, 4:52 PM

Nov 2017
Has nobody said it yet since Chris turned back up?
STEAL!!!!!!!
May 1, 5:12 PM
Mar 2019
Darkness seems more confident than usual, laying the law down and smashing the Mirror.
Kazuma always grabbing in the most perverted places.
May 1, 5:15 PM
Feb 2020
You know things have gone south when Darkness is the voice of reason
May 1, 5:45 PM

Aug 2023
Supporting characters like Chris & Adelp getting funnier too, seems Konosuba Actors are getting along together.

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
May 1, 5:47 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah staying at the enemies house until they drive him crazy and kick him out, Chris ends up being the thief and continues to try and get Kazuma wrapped up in her plans to steal a divine item from the castle and turn Kazuma into a criminal so far have failed, but somehow I feel like she will convince him to do it and to end the episode off they are all heading out to a fight dragging Aqua along with them 😹
May 1, 6:07 PM

Dec 2018
Awesome! Perfect hype episode! I'm all in on next week, it's going to be lit :D
May 1, 6:14 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Marenwynn
Marenwynn said:

The studio cut out a lot of dialogue this episode.
Chris told Kazuma that there are dangerous items out there that could cause a lot of trouble for this world. Like summon monsters or switch the bodies of another person.
Aqua was supposed to give them out to isekaid persons, so this isn't her fault. The problem is these guys die and the items fall into the wrong hands.
May 1, 6:14 PM

Feb 2020
kawaii desu neeee

May 1, 6:50 PM

Apr 2022
great episode, never thought an isekai would be carrying a season but this is it. megumin and kazuma romcom goes crazy lmfao and bro can't remember katsu mitsurugi's name. wanna see how the fight goes down.
May 1, 7:39 PM
Jul 2020
I’m really worried about this direction now.

The scene with Chris was HEAVILY censored. Straight up going for a cutaway type of censorship is something I literally never saw out of satires.

This is fucked up.

Konosuba has some ecchi scenes which actually add to the plot (like Megumin’s famous skirt lift).

If they keep this up, they might actually detract from the snow in a substantial way.

I really hope this was just a very distasteful attempt at comedy.

It really left a bad taste in my mouth.
May 1, 7:49 PM
Mar 2015
After trashing castles our boi is raring to go after the Demon Army
May 1, 8:13 PM

Aug 2017
I'm so hyped for the rest of this season, Volume VI is the best of this series. There are three moments that I want to see the most:

1 -

2 -

3 -

I think Volume VI was able to present Kazuma at his lowest, but also at his greatest, hope the show is able to make justice to that.
May 1, 9:01 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Isekai-Enjoyer
I’m really worried about this direction now.

The scene with Chris was HEAVILY censored. Straight up going for a cutaway type of censorship is something I literally never saw out of satires.

This is fucked up.

Konosuba has some ecchi scenes which actually add to the plot (like Megumin’s famous skirt lift).

If they keep this up, they might actually detract from the snow in a substantial way.

I really hope this was just a very distasteful attempt at comedy.

It really left a bad taste in my mouth.
@Isekai-Enjoyer

yep im disappointed with this season earlier episodes i preferred how the LN handled things (e.g., tranquility girl, princess meeting felt off, etc) but they were still OK/understandable but the chris scenes were incredibly bad and feel as though it'll affect the impact of future jokes :/ it's not something that should've been censored at all when it's part of the plot
May 1, 9:19 PM
Nov 2019
Darkness having to be the responsible one this season is funny to see.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

136 by landofthekwt »»
20 seconds ago

» Seeing a lot of complaints over the humor

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 13

36 by LostSpectre »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8

148 by Othawastz »»
Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zetjex - Mar 29

203 by Ske80 »»
May 13, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 5

179 by ManoUnderground »»
May 12, 5:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.