Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
Called by Mino, Shouzou and Ine decide to attend the cultural festival at Kitamachi High School. Ine is ecstatic at the prospect of going to school with Shouzou. On the day of the festival, a sudden turn of events leads Ine to change into a sailor uniform, causing her to revert to the behaviors and mannerisms of her high school days, when she was known as the High-Value Flower.

Shouzou has the brains and the courage to pursue high school education on his own. Though, considering he didn't get to experience it, it makes sense. He has my respect. Anyway, Mino, you're into the twerp, and he's got Shouzou's approval. Why not shake things up? Btw, Shouzou looks sharp in that uniform. And in the end, Shouzou turned out to be quite the wingman.

Apr 28, 7:59 AM

Apr 2016
Now, that was a very mature talk from that shark teeth kid not gonna lie, not many young people talk like this these days. He made his grandpa proud tho xD

Anyway, that ending ... so dramatic ... but then the preview back to super funny, lmao.
Apr 28, 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
Ending on a major cliffhanger.
Guess next weeks needs some explaining.

Seems like the couple had a lot of fun at the school festival tho.
It was also nice to help out with the cleaning of the storage.
The study part looked good as well.
Apr 28, 8:15 AM

Feb 2021
3:50 長持ち (nagamochi lit. long have) - "long-lasting", but it also can mean "large oblong chest" (for clothing, personal effects, etc.)​.

12:58 高嶺の花 (takane no hana lit. flower on a high peak) - woman who is out of one's league.

Mino x Shota FTW
WTF THAT ENDING. Really interesting and unexpected.
Apr 28, 8:30 AM

Mar 2021
Looks like they had lots of fun at the school festival, Mino looked really cute in her Maids uniform. That cliffhanger was unexpected can't wait to see what it is all about.
Apr 28, 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
Bro that ending WTF!!!!!

Fun episode but man that ending threw me for a loop.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 28, 8:52 AM
Sep 2021
Ine & Shouzou enjoy the culture festival in their granddaughter's school & have a great time, but Ine got back into her past self & seems to have forgotten her past life. Will Shouzou make her remember what she forgot.
Apr 28, 8:57 AM
Feb 2023
what a wholesome show. the only I thing I dont like are the boy's shark teeth
Apr 28, 9:55 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't expect the good ol amnesia plot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 10:41 AM

Jul 2022
I'm glad Grandpa is helping Shouta with his granddaughter; He already gave his blessing. The cultural festival they had was lovely and seeing grandpa and grandma in different outfits was fun.

The ending was dramatic; Now the grandmother has rejuvenated so much that she lost the memories of her.
Apr 28, 11:12 AM

Jul 2016
When you're such a perfect grandson for a farmer that you impress your crush's own farmer grandpa enough to be your wingman.

Shozo looks way sharper in a tux than he has any right to be, damn. It'd be overkill but they could've easily made the maid cafe the star attraction if the whole festival by just having Ine serve alongside him lol
Apr 28, 11:58 AM

Apr 2022
NEVER would I have expected an anime like this to end an episode on a cliffhanger. Dagnabbit, make it next week already!!!
Apr 28, 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Grandma reverted back into her tsundere dismissive attitude.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 28, 1:31 PM

Dec 2022
grandma forgets her memories now she can fall in love all over again
Apr 28, 3:33 PM

Jan 2008
I'm glad Shouta-kun had the wherewithal to contact an institution like the Kitamachi Board of Education to protect some of those cultural assets. Some of that must be several centuries years old if we're talking Sengoku-jidai. It'd be a shame to throw away so much rich history, let alone not even try to sell them, which they'd likely get a pretty penny as antiques...even if they are fakes, there are people that still enjoy replicas like in museums (especially if they've been destroyed or lost to time), at least if they're close to the originals.

Shark-toothed Shouta-kun seems like a good lad. I wouldn't mind having a grandson-in-law like him marrying into the family just like Grandpa giving him the stamp of approval.

It was so sweet seeing them at the cultural festival, rekindling their passionate love for one another.

Oh shit...the hourglass is not only leaking, but now also broken.
Apr 28, 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
the pace is faster that what i imagine. we are about to catch the manga
bruh
Apr 28, 4:09 PM
Oct 2022
OOOOH NOOO! OOOOOOOH NO! Grandma's eyes have returned, her hair is rejuvenated and her memories too! too far behind!... the young Ine Sasaki has returned...

If the watch breaks, can it be repaired? I mean, the watch technically brings together not only their lives themselves, but even their memories!

Apr 28, 4:33 PM

Mar 2008
Shota seems like a good person.

Cute seeing Ine and Shozo at the school festival. But damn didnt except that to happen to Ine. I wonder how the hour glass could be repaired to get her memories back.
Apr 28, 8:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wasn’t expecting a school festival episode in this show but I’ll absolutely take it, Ine killed it in that school uniform and Shouzou killed it with those other old ladies in that butler outfit lol. It was also nice seeing the two of them kinda experience what it would be like to go to school together as they never got that when they were young, really liked that scene. And it looks like Shouzou is officially a wingman for Shouta as he helped him out there near the end with Mino, I can’t help but root for him myself, get that babe lol.

There were some other good bits in this one too, like the chemical sprayer being compared to a Ferrari with those kids near the beginning lol, as well as Shiori’s short bit where Shouzou inspired her to study hard. I also liked that bit where Shouzou helped Shouta and his grandpa, it’s hard to not like Shouta after that. And lastly it looks like we’re getting more trouble in regards to the hourglass dream, now Ine has reverted more than just her appearance, but her memories as well, it’s like the version of her from the past got sent to the future. Even if this is kinda scary, I do look forward to seeing her reactions to the technology of the future, allow me to blow her mind with a pair of good headphones and some tasty jams.
Apr 28, 9:55 PM

Mar 2007
This anime is profound and will not be fully understood by those who don't have a wealth of life experience.
* the older guy "downsizing" as it's time to "let go of the past" discovers he can't let go of the box his wife's wedding trousseau came in because even after her death, he's still hanging on to the last remnant of her T.T
* his grandson Shota wants to go be a pro baseball player, but at the same time he recognizes that without the grandfather's land, none of his life would have happened. He kind of wants to do both, so he doesn't rule out coming back to take care of the family farm. OML this almost feels like an advertisement for honoring your elders and filial piety, not to mention appreciating rural farmers.
* Grandma Ine is still hot, that drink spill is definitely deliberate.
* The two oldies at the cultural festival "dating" and him telling her he would never have been in the picture because that day he was already WITH Her .... wow. Deep.
* Grandpa in a butler suit oooh swoon, look at all the older ladies frequenting their maid cafe
* Grandpa being the best wingman so Shota can dance with his grand daughter at the bonfire, LMAO.

And finally what is up with that ending twist? Every time I get comfortable they throw in something new, it's great.
Apr 28, 10:43 PM
Nov 2018
I didn't think I was going to enjoy this show as much as I do.
Apr 29, 12:00 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to kei78
@kei78 Yeah, i wasnt expecting that. At first i thought i was drunk or something and i had to check the chapters that the manga is in right now
Apr 29, 12:26 AM

Feb 2016
This episode made me like Mino way more.
Shouta is a good boy too, he really left the wrong impression in ep1. I don't like that he always shows his theet, he legit looks just like a dumbass kid I had as classmate long ago, I hated him lol
Next episode is gonna be really interesting.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 29, 4:26 AM
Mar 2023
Damn, at first I thought this was a regular slice of life anime with a unique premise but after I watched a few episodes I felt more than that, not just a regular slice of life anime but as I watched I felt and understood some of the philosophies that this anime wanted to convey such as about remembering death, life, family, and love literally. I am very impressed that finally there is an anime that hits my heart in every episode.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Apr 29, 5:59 AM

Jul 2017
A cultural festival on the docks, and the same young boys greet Ine once again, and Shouzou...comes in with a Ferrari-coloured sprayer lols. Him being tasked to help the Igarashis with their house collection, and cleaning up the storehouse brings up memories for Shouta's grandfather, which is deemed for demolition. But when he actually thinks about it, it's wrong to destroy a family heirloom.

Mino finding Shouzou in her school library, and she's just as surprised to find both him and Ine around the place like a young and growing couple. And even she's thinking about the ideal marriage...with Shouta of all boys, they're a real young couple who already has the seal of approval lols.

An opportunity to go to Mino's school for the cultural festival, and as much as schedules are conflicting, both Shouzou and Ine are able to go to Kitamachi High. Of course, getting to wear a sailor uniform is just as alluring, and for the life of him, Shouzou trying to read his own wife ends up in failure. Seeing their granddaughter and Shouzou together doing a maid cafe, it's good to attract the males through Mino, and to attract the ladies...it has Shouzou's elderly power being a refined butler. Their past isn't as refined as they are now, but they're glad that they got together. A wingman moment for Shouzou to take Ine away for Shouta to invite Mino for the campfire dance, just make them an official couple already.

The back-and-forth moments of thought process and reverting back between young and old...is Ine truly lost in time in an amnesiac memory?
Apr 29, 7:38 AM

May 2015
Feels like they are complicating the plot too much for something that could be more simple and light-hearted.
Apr 29, 7:50 AM

Jul 2016
kei78 said:

Does it? There's still like 130+ chapters that haven't adapt yet so far lol. Although I didn't expect them to adapts the school festival this sooner (I thought that would be on EP5 or 6 instead).

Based on both the spoiler stuffs showed in the opening and the pacing, I'm pretty sure the anime will end at around Ch. 150 where
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 30, 5:53 AM
Apr 29, 11:58 PM

Feb 2019
Well I guess they teased grandma getting amnesia and going back to her younger days with the school festival scene. Now Gramps will actually have to win her back over. Next episode should be awesome
Apr 30, 3:24 AM
Nov 2020
kei78 said:

i was a bit surprised that they showed already that scene, im like "that's the most recent chapters in the manga!". wholesomeness aside, i don't like how the pacing is going.
Apr 30, 5:51 AM

Jul 2016
bankai_shinji said:
"that's the most recent chapters in the manga!

Lol not even close, Japanese raws is like 110+ chapters ahead the English translation so there's still a lot of chapters that haven't been adapt yet. If anything, they have adapted almost the entire first half of the manga so far lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 30, 5:59 AM
Apr 30, 10:23 PM
Dec 2022
omg the ending??? 😭

i’m scared lol
May 1, 1:01 AM
Jan 2020
I expected something totally different. The whole premise left room for funny/romantic moments but the way they approach it ends up just leaving me with an icky feeling.
May 1, 12:29 PM

Jul 2019
I didn't expect this kind of cliffhanger in the end of this episode in this show, but jiisan and baasan never cease to surprise me.

May 2, 9:15 PM

Apr 2019
Now she revert back to a much younger version of herself and lost her memory of the future it seems
May 5, 5:54 PM
Playing LGE

Jun 2017
Things are starting to look interesting, ehehe~!>:D>
May 6, 1:44 AM

Nov 2013
Lovely episode. The grandchildren are all so adorable.
May 6, 9:35 PM
Jan 2018
Hopefully we get an explanation as to how that hourglass truly works
May 9, 6:40 AM

Feb 2021
Oh no... She lost her memories now...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 18, 4:54 AM
Dec 2020
the culture festival was cute but the end!!! omg the cliffhanger
May 20, 7:44 AM
Apr 2021
Ok this cliffhanger really was interesting and kinda caught me off guard I didn’t know that the hourglass that they see in their dreams would turn Grandma into her younger self with her younger memories that shit is actually mind blowing😯
May 21, 11:43 AM

May 2015
Such a cute episode!! I absolutely love seeing these two being lovely dovey with each other.

That ending is concerning. Its a shame for every nice thing we get we have to be pulled out from it and reminded they're on borrowed time. Can we not just stay wholesome?
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 7

155 by patkarunungan »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 3 Discussion

Aversa - Apr 21

43 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 7 Discussion

Aversa - May 19

34 by kisip123 »»
May 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 5

37 by DarknessReality »»
May 21, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 12

34 by traed »»
May 20, 5:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.