Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
It's back to focusing on Sara again. They did deal with a sensitive issue related to bullying but this episode was still lighthearted.

Sousuke seems like a responsible guy who is there to help he helpless. He and Sara has a somewhat unique relationship. The witch outfit looks cute on Sara. They managed to make this episode as fun as possible with the trick and treat gimmick.
Apr 25, 10:23 AM

Dec 2021
Sara and Sosuke, introduced through Sosuke's junior Haruka Neya, take on an investigation into bullying.

They head to meet with Yuna Naganawa, a first-year junior high school student and the client's daughter. Despite Yuna stubbornly denying being bullied, Sara and she bond over a shared hobby, eventually opening up to each other

Apr 25, 10:31 AM

Apr 2010
There wasn't enough Livia this episode, at least we got a few frames with her.
Besides that the episode was pretty nice i liked that they dealt with a bully and hopefully the bully will get what she deserves.
Sara is also nice to watch with the way she is so positive, just like Livia.
Apr 25, 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
Alternate universe Nobunaga with magical power sounded very interesting, where can I watch it? 😂

btw, the Romance of the Three Kingdoms light novel that appeared in this episode is a real thing. Its title is Tadashi Shiroden: Maou Reijou kara Hajimeru Sangokushi.

AkeZZZApr 25, 12:20 PM
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 25, 12:37 PM

Apr 2022
That parallel world motif was unexpected. Why even bring that up? Why in such detail? Unless it'll be more relevant at some point in the future I don't see the need for that exposure of a world we won't see anymore.
Apr 25, 1:25 PM

May 2019
I think that Sara wants to go to the same school that Yuna is going to to hang out and socialize with her. Speaking of Yuna, I wonder if there will be any follow up with her and her mom once the bullies are busted.

Side note, Sara looks cute dressed up as a witch for Halloween.
Apr 25, 2:26 PM

Feb 2019
Ok this show is getting a 10 just for the fact that we have a competent mother for ONCE in anime. Literally the first time I’ve ever seen a character just say she’d sue if she got fired instead of cowering in fear from a boss.

I can’t stress how much I HATE when characters are getting bullied and everyone just bows down to the bullies because they don’t want to upset the social hierarchy or stick out. So unrealistic and takes me out the story.

The irony of this whole bullying situation being started by the daughter of Yuna mom’s boss is hilarious. Getting the bullying on camera was the perfect idea and a fitting conclusion. Yuna won’t be dealing with any more bullies.

Sara coming from a parallel world instead of a straight up isekai fantasy world is a cool twist as well and explains how she knows so much about earth’s history and speaks Japanese well enough to be understood, but still uses some odd words. Just imagining a fantasy nobunaga magician spin off now lol.

Looking forward to next ep.
Marinate1016Apr 25, 3:48 PM
Apr 25, 3:44 PM

Apr 2020
When Sara da Odin started talking with the Three Kingdoms otaku girl, I think that was one of the best moments in any isekai show.

1. There's a reference to another isekai light novel

2. Otaku three kingdoms girl (relatable character to many people, and generally a realistic character as well)

3. Sara is a princess from a fantasy world who successfully and rationally tries to adapt to Earth and not directly state that she is an isekai character

4. Fan (otaku girl) has a conversation with an isekai character = big wish fulfillment... It's like in Re:creators when creators or fans meet their anime characters in the real world.

5. BONUS: I've personally wanted to see how Japanese bullying can get contrasted with bullying in a foreign society. The authors cleverly (and respectfully for IRL victims) added that there is worse bullying elsewhere. Usually for foreign viewers of anime, you usually just see Japanese bullying (which is pretty bad in its own way), but it may help anyone reading or watching this content 'broad their horizons' just a little bit and remind them that, "It's bad now, but you can make it through because there are people who can help you even if it may seem like nobody will/could." Those people are in 'wider society', (the detective and the princess), and so they may not be so apparent at first.
W3TFTApr 25, 3:47 PM
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Apr 25, 4:51 PM

Sep 2016
Ah yes Oda Nobunaga and their coveted "Kaboom" technique XD. Pretty neat that Oda Nobunaga suddenly gaining magical powers could change history so drastically.
Apr 25, 5:18 PM
Jun 2023
man, I can't stop being amazed at how much of a logical approach is used in this anime, all the characters' actions feel reasonable and acceptable. every dialogue also caught my attention and without realizing 24 minutes had passed, this is one of the anime that I can enjoy the most this season
Apr 25, 5:27 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to felixsifuri
That parallel world motif was unexpected. Why even bring that up? Why in such detail? Unless it'll be more relevant at some point in the future I don't see the need for that exposure of a world we won't see anymore.
@felixsifuri it's just a chill anime that highlights interactions and conversations between characters, of course any topic can be discussed, right? it's like discussing the story of a haunted place with your friends even though you have nothing to do with that place and the next day you will forget about it. these are all like conversations in everyday life
Apr 25, 5:28 PM

Nov 2016
It does it's own thing, but I also see so much Hinamatsuri in this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 7:13 PM

Feb 2016
I adore the connection and synergy between Sara and Sousuke, it's so nice to see, so wholesome.

I hope we see Yuna more often, Sara needs a friend too!

PROTECT SARA AT ALL COST
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 25, 9:14 PM

Dec 2022
Yuna and her mum are pretty based tbh. Get those bullies!!

Apr 26, 3:01 AM
Apr 2023
That was fun - that was actually a good way to settle bullying. Even the adults will have to cooperate if hard evidence from private investigators are involved (though as Sousuke said, the immediate adults should've worked hard to stop it from developing further in the first place and not just brush it aside).
It was really interesting to know that Sara's world is the world where Nobunaga became a true demon lord (like in the Genma Onimusha games).
Apr 26, 3:18 AM
Apr 2013
EP 4

So last time i dont even want to. like i just want to pretend ep 3 didnt exist. sigh. so ep 4 better hope there's lots of sara. is livia gonna show up this time?

Anyway so we got trolled. sara hasnt actually gone to school. not yet at least

Next ep. looks like we might actually see some livia and sara again. not sure about the cult or what else
I mean i dunno. maybe this is how people felt when maid dragon was airing. though maid dragon was way stronger with the tohru and kanna and kobayashi trio, here livia doesnt show up for the whole ep, and sara can't carry the entire anime by herself
None of the other girls have shown up since their introduction either

I'm not sure if the pacing is intentional or just adaptation moment.

Ok I had randomly guessed but it seems I barely managed to guess it. Yuna is takada yuki. Funny isnt it. It took awhile for me to figure out though but what can I say...

The other girls I dunno, if they show up again maybe. Right now we have no idea if or when they'll even show up
Apr 26, 5:37 AM

Jan 2013
without hardcore highschool bullying as a catalizator for change, progress cannot be made on an individual level. for this reason alone i forever remain thankful to my bullies who took everything from me.
Apr 26, 6:51 AM

Jul 2017
Sara and her enthusiasm for skateboards, both her and Sosuke are met by the latter's Kohai of Haruka Neya of Gifu Prefecture's largest Kusanagi Detective Agency, and she comes to him with a request to see into some bullying issues. But her face is more than just an admiration for Sosuke, she's literally in the same line of work as Sosuke stopping cases of infidelity , which is why he quit in the first place. And that request comes from Mami Naganawa, of which her 1st year middle-school daughter Yuna has felt the strain. And the first thing that Sara notices is her father's collection of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Sara is not a fake fan for nothing. Everything else is all a coincidence in the same manner, and Sara is the only qualified person to understand Yuna better, which Sosuke can then link up with the case at hand, leading to the eventual confession.

The bullying, which started from the corporate world of her mom, which trickled down to school with the president's daughter, they sure are going at ths the wrong way, which Sosuke has a better plan to record the evidence and get it over to their lawyer to have the case settled. And that warrants Sara wanting to attend school, of which Halloween is around the corner in town to do cosplay. Sara's addiction to Oda Nobunaga, more than her magic alone that is done with translation magic, it's not like current technology where lanuage can be immediately translated and understood. That comes down to the Ofim Empire from a parallel Japan where Nobunaga reigns supreme, though history suggests that hers and the real Japan's history are one and the same, combining Norse mythology in the process to form her own empire.

It's throwaway plot device of Sara's origins, but still and nonetheless, surprising and interesting to learn that she doesn't just come from your bog-standard Isekai place.
Apr 26, 7:38 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Ronniejars
@felixsifuri it's just a chill anime that highlights interactions and conversations between characters, of course any topic can be discussed, right? it's like discussing the story of a haunted place with your friends even though you have nothing to do with that place and the next day you will forget about it. these are all like conversations in everyday life
@Ronniejars I might be too hung up on the chekhov's gun rule
Apr 26, 1:39 PM

Jun 2011
Much better than the last episode. This anime is more interesting when it's about Sara and not the homeless bug eating knight.
Apr 26, 4:28 PM

Jun 2019
CocoaGalaxy said:
here livia doesnt show up for the whole ep, and sara can't carry the entire anime by herself
None of the other girls have shown up since their introduction either

The other girls I dunno, if they show up again maybe. Right now we have no idea if or when they'll even show up

It seems like, from everything about the presentation of the anime, that Sara and Sousuke are the main characters. As the main duo, it makes sense that they receive the most overall screentime and importance.
WatchTillTandavaApr 26, 4:31 PM
Apr 26, 6:04 PM

Jan 2008
Sousuke should get Sara a helmet and knee/elbow/wrist guard, making it safer for Sara when she falls, something that often happens a lot for some beginners.

I wonder if Sara will transfer to Yuna's school. Poor girl deserves a better life and good friends. I actually liked it when the mom was gung-ho about beating up the other girl, lol. That method might have worked in elementary school with petty fights, but when she has the resources to hire detectives and be introduced to the right lawyers through said detectives, the better power play they went with was the wiser choice. I hope the bullies get what they deserve.

Fascinating tidbit about the worldbuilding they've done in this episode. Instead of the usual medieval-esque western otherworld countless other series go for, they made it into an alternate version of Japan that was influenced by the west like a magical not-Portugal nation. Nobunaga was known to have an open mind to the west, importing guns and steel-cuirass armor, so it wouldn't be too big of a stretch if several generations later, more caucasian people settled in Japan, inter-marrying into the magic-imperial family, and thus Sara being born already knowing a variant of Japanese.

The one thing I didn't understand was Sara's reasoning for lying about using translation magic.

Next week...the theme is scalpers...the scum of the earth.
Estoy_GordoApr 26, 6:13 PM
Apr 26, 9:19 PM

Jun 2019
I do appreciate as well the backstory behind the history of Sara's world included in this episode. It's still another world and a separate world, but it makes it seem more like a parallel universe mirroring ours which, for whatever reason - chalked up to cosmic fate, differing mathematical probabilities in the laws of the universe, or whatever, diverged from our own on its historical trajectory and went down a different course. As opposed to what I would usually assume is the case in most isekai, where it's just a completely disconnected world with zero relation or similarities apart from basic practical ones and just located in some entirely separate universe or dimension which never mirrored ours.

This feels more like her world in relation to our own Earth was more like the parallel universes in Steins;Gate, Higurashi, etc., except instead of diverging from events in our/the primary world usually hours, days, or weeks ago (from the main events in the story), they diverged centuries ago. At least around 500 years ago (if the Nobunaga events in her world took place a similar distance from the present as our own, around 1570 in the Sengoku period to 2024 - her world still resembles a more traditional medieval system and aesthetic, so maybe it's more recent there).
WatchTillTandavaApr 26, 9:25 PM
Apr 27, 7:16 AM
Sep 2021
Sara & Sousuke protected a girl from bullying & also nice Japanese history lesson.
Apr 27, 7:38 AM
Oct 2022
I’ve been so pleasantly surprised by this show so far as it’s one I’ve never heard of. I love the characters and their interactions. Each substory so far could be a complete show of its own. I can honestly say for me personally it’s rare when I find a show like this where I like every single character. I’m really looking forward to see where everything ends up by the end and based on what I’ve seen would definitely watch a season 2. Hope everyone has a great day 😊
Apr 27, 9:17 AM

May 2015
Didn't expect such lore about Princess and her world, this is getting more interesting.
Apr 27, 10:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
OH FUCK OFF....

she should have physically fought all 3 of them...

smh...
Apr 28, 12:13 AM

Nov 2012
Not their best, but an ok episode. It needs more Livia and much less about Nobunaga.
dragynfaerieApr 28, 12:20 AM
Apr 28, 11:10 AM

May 2014
They expanded Sara's cover story to name drop a specific province in Sweden that's she's supposedly from. They just happened to pick one that is probably the smallest and most sparsely populated, though they do have delicious kroppkakor.

They could have picked one that is easier for a Japanese person to pronounce, because "Ö" is never pronounced like "O". It pretty much sounds like she says "Åland", which is a demilitarized and self-governing island/province in Finland which has mainly Swedish culture and language.

It's also completely useless information, because no one outside the Nordic countries is going to know about the Swedish provinces. So a Swede wouldn't bother telling foreigners what province they are from.

The actual backstory of her country and name which she tells the detective is bonkers and completely unnecessarily convoluted. Why would Nobunaga claim to be an incarnation of a Norse god?
Kapten-NApr 28, 11:49 AM
Apr 28, 12:18 PM
Oct 2010
Reply to Kapten-N
They expanded Sara's cover story to name drop a specific province in Sweden that's she's supposedly from. They just happened to pick one that is probably the smallest and most sparsely populated, though they do have delicious kroppkakor.

They could have picked one that is easier for a Japanese person to pronounce, because "Ö" is never pronounced like "O". It pretty much sounds like she says "Åland", which is a demilitarized and self-governing island/province in Finland which has mainly Swedish culture and language.

It's also completely useless information, because no one outside the Nordic countries is going to know about the Swedish provinces. So a Swede wouldn't bother telling foreigners what province they are from.

The actual backstory of her country and name which she tells the detective is bonkers and completely unnecessarily convoluted. Why would Nobunaga claim to be an incarnation of a Norse god?
@Kapten-N live on the other side of the bridge from Öland, and I almost fell out of my chair when they name-dropped it! Like you said, kroppkakor from Öland are top tier!
Apr 29, 4:05 AM
Nov 2021
The bullying segment was so hollow. Why was the girl bullying the other girl? Because she realized she could? In a cartoonish display of evil, a middle school girl realizes she, by virtue of her father's wealth, can take advantage of her classmate, whom has lossed her own father...

Outside of that, great episode. The character dynamics are fun.
Apr 30, 10:23 AM
Nov 2022
Alaverga, first starts with comedy, then with a serious case of bullying and ends up giving a super deep lore implying that more than "another world" Sara and Levina come from a parallel dimension._.

what is this anime? xddd
May 1, 4:04 AM

Sep 2023
Good episode with some interesting world building. I kinda missed Livia though, it's weird that they totally dismissed her and that she is doing her thing (homelessness xD) alone.
May 1, 5:10 PM

Mar 2008
Why is Sara not wearing a helmet. It doesnt seem needed for a bike but a skateboard when you're new to it you totally need.

Well at least it's nice to know Japan has some laws against wrongful firing of people.

The bit of that figure claiming to be a Norse god ...what? That's pretty random lol
May 1, 10:00 PM

Dec 2009
Man doesn't know about AI...

We're already using AI systems to start building lexicon for whales.

When the day comes we meet aliens, we'll be using AI to analyze and translate their language after hearing enough speech.

I myself have already designed a hypothetical universal translation circuit that could be either wired into the brain cyberpunk-style as a conceptual interpreter rather than an acoustic translator... or perhaps just coding it into organic neuron computing in the brain.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 3, 8:43 AM

Nov 2013
LOL imagine someone as great as Nobunaga being able to study magic, indeed everytime he would just easily EXPLOOOOOOOOSION everyone :D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 4, 12:12 AM

Mar 2024
Sad to see that bullying exists in anime too. But this anime teaches you how to deal with the problem right - you should never physically respond to a bully, because in this case you become an accomplice and lose your advantage. Its best to record all bad actions on video/dictaphone and involve as many people as possible in the problem: teachers, directors, police, etc.
The main thing is not to remain silent and fight!

I really like this anime not only for its good humor, high quality graphics and cute girls, but also because it talks about such uncomfortable topics.
May 9, 1:44 PM

May 2014
Reply to Lurik259
The bullying segment was so hollow. Why was the girl bullying the other girl? Because she realized she could? In a cartoonish display of evil, a middle school girl realizes she, by virtue of her father's wealth, can take advantage of her classmate, whom has lossed her own father...

Outside of that, great episode. The character dynamics are fun.
@Lurik259 Bullying being cartoonishly evil seems unrealistic to you? I guess you've never seen or experienced it. Bullying IS cartoonishly evil. There's no rhyme or reason behind it. Bullies are garbage people.
May 14, 1:38 PM
Feb 2015
bruh, they were so quick to put up their fists when they found out revenge is okay 😂
May 19, 8:24 AM

Sep 2010
That bullying problem was rather easy to resolve. Didn't take too much to get Yuna to open up to Sara. Also, for someone aware of the corporate politics that she could get entangled with for reporting the bullying, Yuna is surprisingly ignorant of what could happen if she just retaliates physically.

I thought the language translation problem would be that natural language translation is usually somewhat lossy. There will be concepts that don't translate cleanly. It should eventually become apparent that the participants aren't understanding something because one language lacks the capability to express it succinctly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

96 by Wandering_Wizard »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

23 by Estoy_Gordo »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9

36 by VivaceRex »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16

52 by lampuiho »»
Yesterday, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2

46 by Inexplicable »»
May 22, 11:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.