Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
As usual, Nina couldn't focus on studying, so she ended up going to Subaru's school to deliver a forgotten item.

Through sharing their inner thoughts with each other, Nina and Subaru gradually open up to each other.

Apr 19, 9:05 AM

Feb 2020
Lol at that vibing pigeon.

Pouting Nina looks so cute. x3

I really liked the moments between Nina and Subaru.

That was a great first performance. I loved the visuals. Good job, girls!

SerafosApr 19, 10:37 AM
Apr 19, 11:36 AM
Jan 2017
These subtitles are absolutely atrocious. It's like the translator doesn't speak English or Japanese. Had the gall to even write her name on the subtitles. Sarah Courchay needs to never touch a project again.
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

Feb 2021
The subs available rn are machine translated and have tons of mistakes, you better wait for better ones.

This is one of those OPs I will fully watch every week without getting bored of it.
19:19 beni-shouga (紅生姜) - red pickled ginger lol

Really nice performance! Nina should really get a better outfit though xd
Apr 19, 11:43 AM
Nov 2023
The pigeon is the real MVP. Without it Nina would not be able to write the great song we saw at the end of the episode.
Also Nina's clothes in that performance are... not what I was expecting, but I have to say: Have at it girl, express yourself!
Love that Nina is getting more confident by the episode too.

Overall, another great episode! (if you excuse the subtitles)
Apr 19, 1:56 PM
May 2023
Nina is a little annoying, but that's not to say I dislike her. She is relatable, self pitiful. I like seeing thag in a character. Also I'm really liking that black haired girl, sorru forgot her name suddenly.
Who is this "madame" theyre referring to? I'm assuming it's a screwup in the subbing
Apr 19, 2:09 PM

Sep 2020
God damn these subtitles are horrible. I hope a good subbing company does it. Horrible job Sarah please do better or just don’t at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2:11 PM
Jan 2022
i just think i will listen to the amazing soundtrack at this point
Apr 19, 2:34 PM

Jun 2022
this episode was enjoyable to watch (≧◡≦)!!!!!!

the song was a banger i hope the rest of them come out on spotify once this season ends

Apr 19, 3:26 PM

Nov 2013
Another great episode with great new song at the end. Definitely checking the OST.
Apr 19, 4:49 PM

Jun 2015
I love the insert song, also more Rupa and Tomo-chan appearance.
Apr 19, 5:06 PM

Jul 2017
Nina's outfit💀
Apr 19, 5:30 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Well, at least they very slightly toned down the pacing in this episode to the point that they even made fun of how fast they were (and kinda still are) going with those scenes of Nina running off and then coming back of Momoka's house. I don't really get how she bottles up anger so fast but regardless, she made a new friend once she started to listen. There was even one whole short scene with pauses, incredible.

Not a big fan of the animation in those precise moments when 2D and 3D interact. Other than that, it's not as terrible as some say.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 19, 5:37 PM

Mar 2008
Sometimes I really get lost in the dialogue like I have no idea what is going on from the melodrama.
Apr 19, 5:39 PM

Jun 2019
I need the other two members.
Apr 19, 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
  • Lame CG as usual from the start to the end including the hideous cat.
  • Also the voice acting of the long-haired girl is so poor.
  • The story is repeating similar things from the episode #1.
  • The costume of the protagonist at the stage is ugly.

Apr 19, 6:30 PM
Aug 2022
I adore Nina’s character so much she’s so funny, so over the top, so relatable and has an incredible voice.

I’m really trying to restrain myself from listening to the songs already on their channel and instead waiting for them to air in the episodes. But so far not a single song has disappointed me.

For me personally “wrong world” has to be opening of the year for me

So far assuming I’m not going insane and missed any I’d rank each song like this (the ones from the anime so far)

1. Wrong world

2. Voiceless fish

3. Void
Phantom_373Apr 19, 6:38 PM
Apr 19, 7:57 PM
Jun 2015
Reply to kuroneko99
  • Lame CG as usual from the start to the end including the hideous cat.
  • Also the voice acting of the long-haired girl is so poor.
  • The story is repeating similar things from the episode #1.
  • The costume of the protagonist at the stage is ugly.

@kuroneko99

• It's objectively good and expressive cg
  • Her voice acting is just fine
  • Things that happen in one episode can happen in another? (what does this point even mean lmao????)
  • Congrats detective, no one else realized that and that was not what they were going for at all :^}
Apr 19, 8:13 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to takuseal
Nina is a little annoying, but that's not to say I dislike her. She is relatable, self pitiful. I like seeing thag in a character. Also I'm really liking that black haired girl, sorru forgot her name suddenly.
Who is this "madame" theyre referring to? I'm assuming it's a screwup in the subbing
@takuseal "Madame" is her grandmother - the one in the photograph.
Apr 19, 9:50 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to HexenTraume
These subtitles are absolutely atrocious. It's like the translator doesn't speak English or Japanese. Had the gall to even write her name on the subtitles. Sarah Courchay needs to never touch a project again.
@HexenTraume The one you watched was MTL'd from Sarah's original french subtitles to English. Sarah is the one who originally did the subs for the episode in French and did a great job.
Apr 20, 12:47 AM

Jan 2017
I guess I'm just not gonna understand the hype around this, especially considering that Yorukura, an anime with similar theme that's better in every single possible way is airing in the same season.
The CG isn't good, you just have no standards.
Also, Subaru's VA has an extremely annoying way of speech. So far, the rest of the cast is fine, even though they're new too, but she is just bad.
KenrinApr 20, 12:57 AM
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 20, 1:14 AM

May 2019
Nina can get annoying and hard to approach but that's understandable because of her past and she is just a teenager that stiil can't control her emotions well. She definitely will learn to lump all of her negative emotions into music instead to her band members and that will take some time for her to be soften. I'm still not a fan of this type of music but performance wise is alright. Subaru is definitely best girl so far I would say and I like her type and personality.

Apr 20, 1:49 AM
Feb 2020
God had to stop the episode when Subaru asked to walk together and it translates "lets drive together".Hopefully fansubs will come out soon.
Apr 20, 5:34 AM
Apr 2022
Awesome mocap CGI performance!

As for the insert song at the end thing is, there's only 3 of them...yet you can hear the bass and keyboard, lmfao.
They couldnt be fcuked to make a version with just the 3.

Come on Toei, rookie mistake such as this or definitely pure laziness.
Apr 20, 8:00 AM

Aug 2023
Another great episode where we see Nina being her crazy and spontaneous self. I feel this show really has a great grip on displaying the characters individual personalities. Momoka is my favorite, she is always inspiring the group to be their best selves and keep pushing no matter what! The ending song for this episode was truly amazing. Nina has finally found the magic of rock! This show is too good, I love it.
Apr 20, 10:09 AM

Aug 2022
Nina's self-confidence has increased even more. Even after that first concert, she would become even greater.

Thanks to Momoka and Subaru's encouragement, Nina is now taking one step forward. And I'm sure Rupa and Tomo are seeing it. I REALLY LIKE THEM.

RafaBryanApr 20, 10:25 AM
Apr 20, 10:28 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to act
@HexenTraume The one you watched was MTL'd from Sarah's original french subtitles to English. Sarah is the one who originally did the subs for the episode in French and did a great job.
@act

Fortunately, a non-MTL english fansub of this episode has just been released today, courtesy of NakayubiSubs.

(P.S. The person who did the MTL is the same guy who was accused of stealing another fansubber's unfinished work for GBC's debut episode a couple weeks ago)
Romax24245Apr 26, 10:12 AM
Apr 20, 11:43 AM
Mar 2024
does anyone know what app nina uses in the episode?? it seems interesting and all of their other stuff is real music stuff, so i'm assuming that app exists somewhere too....

i enjoy the series, and i'm excited to see the other band members hopefully soon!! i hope nina feels confident to stay in the band after this episode too, and i also hope we get more of momoka's backstory.
Apr 20, 1:27 PM

Jan 2018
This has been so great. It's definitely one of the best shows this season.
Apr 20, 3:09 PM

Jan 2021
I really love this anime so far and one thing I noticed that I find weird but also enjoyable is that the background music are very loud compared to other anime, even during dialogue sequence. Like normally I would complain about that, but in the context of this anime, I find that it somewhat make sense.

Like the background music aren't in the background, they are played at the same level as the dialogue. Plus, the music feel like they could have vocals on top of them. The way I interpret it is that the dialogues are the vocals. Going back to what Momoka said in the previous episode, the things Nina talks about when talking about her past or when she's expression her emotion, are potential material for lyrics. And then, looking at the dialogues with that point of view, especially during those dialogue sequences with the music played almost as loud as the voices, the dialogues are very emotional, character are opening themself, there's conflict, and it's a bit exaggerated and you could even say cheese at time, but they feel like the type of stuff you could hear and that would work in a song. The dialogues feels like songs in the making.

I'm terrible at explaining myself and don't find the correct way to express my full thought process but I feel like the music being very loud does add something to the overall atmosphere of the show. I do get it if someone find it more bothering than anything and it would be 100% understandable, however, I do really enjoy it and if it is really something that the staff of the show choose to do voluntarily, it is such a simple thing but is also genius and totally fit the anime.
Apr 20, 4:11 PM

Oct 2019
Feels good to see this show living up to the toxic girls being toxic vibe. Loved it.

On a different note tho, does anyone know what the music synthesizer app is called?
Apr 20, 4:45 PM

May 2021
The vibes are great, the music is awesome, and the characters are getting more and more likable. This week's episode was genuinely funny too so I appreciate that they are having some fun with this project. Nina's outfit was ridiculous, she's gotta get some punk in her style. The scene where Subaru was testing out the drums got me going, she needs to quit acting immediately.

Animation style has grown on me. I like it a lot. It's a shame the subs are machine translated at the moment but I like the show regardless, I'll definitely rewatch a better sub cut when it's available.

Super hyped to meet the other two girls who are working at the restaurant together. They seem pretty cool, and the idea of a bassist and a keyboardist playing together as a duo is pretty sick.

Apr 20, 7:31 PM
Feb 2017
goddamn i just realized how much i would hate to have a friend like nina. such a difficult and selfish person lol.
Apr 20, 9:05 PM
Dec 2016
I love how Momoka keep pushing Nina haha, they're so cute
Apr 20, 10:10 PM

May 2015
I love the dynamics between these three girl, just like I loved the pigeon vibing at the begining :D
The director missed an opportunity by not letting them jam in the studio for longer, because that part was really something giving me goosebumps, it is a pity it was cut short so suddenly. The other thing that would have been great and in a sense brave too if with all those pent-up emotions they went for forming a punk band instead of a more ordinary format playing japanese rock/pop.
IshitatesoApr 20, 10:18 PM
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Feb 2020
This show truly is a hidden gem this season. That performance was fire

Also, I just found out Nina's VA... WAS BORN IN 2007??? 😭 Yet another case of someone younger than me being more talented... Day ruined
jsookaApr 21, 12:48 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 1:17 AM

Dec 2023
OK episode.
Relationships in the group is good, waithing for another two members.
7/10
Apr 21, 2:14 AM

Jun 2022
god the main character is such a spaz its hard to take her melodrama seriously. jellyfish's protagonist this season is so much better
Apr 21, 3:19 AM

Mar 2024
Before release i was a skeptic and even a hater of the 3d animation in this series, but after third episode i changed my mind - 3d looks good here and it even adds something special to the series.

The only negative point is that in some moments the 3d animation looks like something Disney and it ruins the whole anime aesthetics.

But even though i like this anime and its style, i still think that 2d animation is better than 3d and any anime should have 2d animation.
Apr 21, 6:31 AM

Jun 2016
very on fire on stage perform !!
Apr 21, 8:26 AM
Dec 2013
Anyone know of a similar/exact music app as the one shown in the episode?
Apr 21, 10:32 AM
Jan 2024

wow this anime surprised me even though it used 3d the soundtrack is incredible
Apr 21, 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
Nina is well on her way to creating music...while forgetting her school homework. The piegon vibing right on her porch is a vibe lol.

It's clear that music is Nina's calling through her instinct, but that she doesn't want to admit that it's making a direct impact on her studies. And since Subaru also left her phone at Momoka's place, sending Nina to find her at her school and return her phone, the band is still on hold no thanks to Nina, if she doesn't understand what Subaru is here for as part of the band, alongside her dream of being in acting school.

But Nina being the only one who can sing, her persistence of her own social anxiety and always wanting to run away from the band, it's getting toxic, but it's for a reason why Momoka pushes her to her limits to defying her logic to give the band a try. And once she tries, the feeling is bare mutual of her self-contradictions, and the 3-piece band gets off to a rock' n roll-y start.

Surprise us more, I'm all here for it.
Apr 21, 9:38 PM
Nov 2014
Reply to Kenrin
I guess I'm just not gonna understand the hype around this, especially considering that Yorukura, an anime with similar theme that's better in every single possible way is airing in the same season.
The CG isn't good, you just have no standards.
Also, Subaru's VA has an extremely annoying way of speech. So far, the rest of the cast is fine, even though they're new too, but she is just bad.
@Kenrin I'm enjoying this way more than Jellyfish personally. I like the dynamic between the girls because it feels more natural, and this show focuses way more on the actual band so far. The CG is also fantastic and very expressive. The inner struggle of the characters is also way more appealing to me in Girls Band Cry, especially the MC. I was honestly a little bored during Jellyfish ep 2.
AnimeForever196Apr 21, 9:43 PM
Apr 22, 7:24 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to thehornedrat

As for the insert song at the end thing is, there's only 3 of them...yet you can hear the bass and keyboard, lmfao.

@thehornedrat Fwiw there is an open laptop next to Subaru. I'm willing to buy that the band is playing a synthesised keyboard/bass from there
Apr 22, 11:36 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to Lybreix
@thehornedrat Fwiw there is an open laptop next to Subaru. I'm willing to buy that the band is playing a synthesised keyboard/bass from there
@Lybreix Oh, that makes a lot of sense! Crap I didn't even think about the possibility!
Apr 22, 7:43 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty nice. The CGI on that cat was not the best lol but the performances and expressions of the main cast is really nice and we had some nice character interactions this ep. Nice.

It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 23, 6:47 PM

Feb 2021
But anime pirates told me fansubs are better than official subs....
Apr 23, 9:34 PM
Jun 2023
thehornedrat said:

Earlier in the episode Momoka said they don't need a bassist. If anything the song at the end of the episode proves they desperately need a bassist, perhaps even more than a guitarist. I mean, you hear more bass than guitar during the entire song. I expected Momoka to whip out a pitch shifter pedal but a looper is also fine for the solos i guess.
Apr 25, 1:04 AM
Aug 2023
Very nice! I love the ending. I swear this is so underrated
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 12

68 by IbnAurum »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 3

45 by Myetx »»
Today, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - Yesterday

4 by mufarari »»
Today, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

33 by FelloniusWizard »»
Today, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5

121 by Gazz »»
May 13, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.