Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 15, 2:21 PM
May 2022
watch it to experience it rather than to enjoy it. you'll have much more fun if you just turn off your brain and wait for the fight scenes which peak at Alicization.
godspeed comrade 🫡
Apr 15, 3:15 PM
Mar 2019
keep watching don't listen the haters saying oh this anime gets worst makes no sense even the top 50 highest rated anime people say are not good so keep watching every season is a banger
Apr 15, 4:22 PM

Mar 2022
Honestly, SAO is done after Aincrad. Phantom Bullet has some cool moments but overall bad season.
Alicization is literal garbage.
Apr 15, 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
Nah, you should go ahead and finish it.
While it seems rather uncomfortable to watch at first, it gets better... 😏

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 15, 5:53 PM
Apr 2022
adaminop said:
hi777 said:
nah man it's good people just keep on crying

Thank you people dont know the back story and just call it garbO. They should really do some research or read the fucking manga or LN.

Right because I just love needing to do homework to enjoy an anime
Apr 15, 8:44 PM
Jan 2024
Animeunderrated said:
hi777 said:
nah man it's good people just keep on crying

It is not and it only gets worse(I rewatched it recently so it’s not me misremembering)

idk what are you watching then alicization arc was very good
Apr 16, 2:56 PM

May 2021
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Nah, you should go ahead and finish it.
While it seems rather uncomfortable to watch at first, it gets better... 😏

@CrazyButNot4U See now we are getting down to the brass tacks. I see a lot of people disregarding SAO II and skipping over to Alicization.
Apr 17, 1:13 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Rad_Scientist
I feel like i'm the only one who likes the second half. It's really not that bad imo. Yes there is a bit incest, but it's not like they get together and fuck or something. I don't remember everything, but i liked, that it switches between VR and "real life" and even villains appear in RL of course. There are some really cool and badass scenes even in RL. So... yeah just watch it and maybe you like it.
@Rad_Scientist Nah I like it too. As you said there are switches between VR and RL, I think it makes the second half feels less basic and I prefer it than the first arc.
Apr 17, 5:45 AM

Apr 2008
Reply to adaminop
adaminop said:
SIimyBread said:
Should i stop watching SAO on ep 14 and give it a 9/10?💀. So far it was good, maybe i should stop before it gets bad and have some good memories of it. Should i?

No keep going please. It gets better and if you really liked Asuna and Kirito’s relationship then you will like the rest. There is one part that everyone talks about and ya I hate it too. I just skip like 15sec then I am good. I have rewatched the first season over 20 times and read the LN and the manag. I say give it a try. One of the reasons why the second half sucked was because after Reki Kawahara finished the Aincrad arc that was where the story was supposed to end. He wrote SAO Aincrad arc for a light novel competition in like 2002 and unexpectedly got a top prize. Then the publishers were like “ok cool great story. Soooo… whats next?” He had no schooling under his belt for writing or story telling when he wrote the Fairy Dance arc. (Put that into consideration when you are watching it). You don’t get to see his true fully developed story telling shine until the 3rd season Alicization. But Season 2 gun gale is pretty good also. If you like Kirito and want to see him keep being the god tire badass beater that he is keep watching.

Also people will fight me and call me names for this. Buttttttt….. if you think about it SAO could have been one of the first iseki’s because it was written in 2002. Let that fester a little and see what hate i get. 🤣🤣🤣
@adaminop:
Also people will fight me and call me names for this. Buttttttt….. if you think about it SAO could have been one of the first iseki’s because it was written in 2002. Let that fester a little and see what hate i get. 🤣🤣🤣

No hate, but just off the top of my head:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/435/Magic_Knight_Rayearth - 1994
https://myanimelist.net/anime/182/Tenkuu_no_Escaflowne - 1996
https://myanimelist.net/anime/48/hack__Sign - 2002

However, yes, SAO definitely did popularise isekai.

Anyway, @OP:
If you're enjoying it, just finish it and disregard what other people say. You can always stop later if you reach a point you're not having fun anymore. I had trouble getting past anything after GGO, but that's just me.
AtelierAniApr 17, 5:50 AM
Apr 18, 10:18 PM
Jun 2021
finish it. There's no point in stopping now when you're already 14 eps in. Finish the last couple of episodes and see for yourself if you liked it or not. You might be surprised because it's actually quite good.
Apr 20, 4:17 AM

Oct 2020
That's ridiculous, you're judging based on other's opinions........ You might like it whatsoever.

Let me just give u the jist. AINCRAD isn't the best SAO has offered.

Ordinal Scale, Mother's Rosario, Progressive(LIGHT NOVELS ONLY), Alicization & Unital Ring(LN)...... Are way better, has lot more depth to story and characters, good animation........ you'll just stay under a rock.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to Animeunderrated
Furuhashi1 said:
SAO is peak Fiction will never get the hate it gets

Ordinal Scale and Alicization are more peak.

Oh yeah the rape scene was peak(sarcasm)
@Animeunderrated that wasn't rape, it was an attempt but yea you can call it so.........there's LITERAL RAPE SCENE in F/SN: heaven's feel, shown in the Theatres......there are awfull scenes in Mushoku Tensei......

You've closed your eyes and ears while watching the episode most probably. You didn't see the character arc of EUGEO, how ridiculously y'all prejudice the show based on some bachelor unemployed YTers......Simply say it that way, and you killed the whole Point of the episode.

Awful.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Apr 26, 2:51 AM
Feb 2021
SIimyBread said:
Should i stop watching SAO on ep 14 and give it a 9/10?💀. So far it was good, maybe i should stop before it gets bad and have some good memories of it. Should i?

It was not that good to begin with, genuinely just watch progressive instead, original series skipped a good majority of the pacing/character development. That being said, Aincrad is basically the best the series gets up until War of Underworld so if you’re sticking along for the ride get ready because it’s bumpy as fuck. Even most of Alicization isn’t that great but if you want to get to WoU you kind of need to go through that, same with the Gun Gale Arc.

Do what you wish but be warned.
Apr 26, 4:02 AM
Dec 2022
continue watching because cringe is what we are and we shall all ultimately become so
Apr 26, 4:03 AM
Apr 2023
RandomAnon2 said:
SIimyBread said:

It was not that good to begin with, genuinely just watch progressive instead, original series skipped a good majority of the pacing/character development. That being said, Aincrad is basically the best the series gets up until War of Underworld so if you’re sticking along for the ride get ready because it’s bumpy as fuck. Even most of Alicization isn’t that great but if you want to get to WoU you kind of need to go through that, same with the Gun Gale Arc.

Do what you wish but be warned.

i finished season 1. not watching after that
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - Apr 27

39 by Hango-Man »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 3:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.