Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
And so begins Nina's music journey!

Nina started attending cram school. Going to college was a promise she made with her parents. However, she struggled to adapt to the unfamiliar cram school life, finding it difficult to focus on her studies. Then, she received a message from Momoka. Visiting Momoka's house, she was introduced to a girl the same age as her, Subaru Awa.

Nina's quite the badass... she didn't even resort to the middle finger... she brought out that pinky finger lol. But wow, for a CDGCT anime, I did NOT expect it to take such a dark turn. What Nina went through, let's not mistake it, was 100% depression. I can empathize with her, and in the end, at least she has someone who cares about her and can help pull her out of that abyss, that being Momoka ofc.

A really emotional episode; this is more than just another CDGCT anime, and I can feel that.

Apr 12, 9:04 AM

Feb 2020
Nice character development for Nina.

Poor girl. She haven't had an easy life, but at least now she has Momoka. Her future looks a little brighter at the moment.

Subaru gives me some Mio vibes from K-On! I already like her. She seems like a very nice person.

SerafosApr 13, 12:46 AM
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Jan 2016
No wonder Nina decided to run away, living with all those rules and strict parents, troubles with her teachers and classmates too, sounds like hell... I'm honestly surprised her parents even allowed Nina do what she wanted. This is not the plot I expected at all

Also is it just me or are the soundtracks are so damn loud that hearing the conversations is almost impossible ugh... And on top of that it has such a nice vibe that makes even more hard to focus
Apr 12, 11:56 AM
Apr 2024
i cant help but wish they didnt do the anime entirely in CGI

it would have looked so much better

i guess since it's an urban slice of life/music anime, the cgi doesn't really matter but still i dont like how it's looking as it isnt done well...

i guess the cgi art style is a matter of personal taste tho, as many people can love the CGI anime that many chinese anime has

that said i might be baised as i was looking forward to Highspeed Etoile but then...urgg
Apr 12, 12:36 PM

Sep 2020
Still waiting for the fansubs to come out. Not got anything yet on my usual sites.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 12:43 PM

Jan 2017
Better than the first episode narrative-wise, seems like the story is going somewhere. The CG is still weird, sometimes it looks very good but in certain scenes, it's uncanny.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 12, 1:18 PM
Oct 2018
she is like me fr ..
Apr 12, 4:10 PM
Oct 2018
while i agree the animation quality can be kind of lacking from time to time, it doesnt happen that often and if you aren't purely just focusing on the animation with all your might you aint even gonna notice.

so far really love it, definitely wanna see more of this peak cinema.
still dont get why its unlicensed though, such a hidden gem.
Apr 12, 4:38 PM

Jul 2017
Feels like a lot happened in this episode as minute after minute, felt like something completely new was happening so it was definitely a bit too quick to say the least. Loved the dialogue in some scenes and was a bit iffy in others. But it did spend effort with portraying Nina's character and emotional baggage she is carrying in her struggle to adapt to her new life, especially with building relationships with people after leaving Momoka's place and rejecting being in a band. Momoka is someone who did step up to the plate to help her out no matter what and even with Nina's issues she has openly shown in her attitude during their restaurant meeting with the two of them and Subaru, was nice seeing Momoka and Subaru still willing to give some light to her life (both figuratively and literally) by genuinely helping her out. It was an up-and-down episode for me as a whole, but a bit more towards the positive side for the time being. Funny enough, visuals didn't even bother me this time around. It's not the greatest or favorite option but it doesn't distract me either when watching it. Meanwhile something like Yuru Camp despite looking more normal for an anime, has been distracting me more with its compositions so fair enough to Girls Band Cry I guess.
Apr 12, 4:41 PM

Jun 2015
I love the contrast between teens and adults n this anime.
Apr 12, 6:18 PM

Jun 2019
It's clear that she's in her teenage years with that attitude. Luckily it seems like her bandmates are slightly older with a bit more of maturity. I think the show conveyed it properly.
Apr 12, 8:35 PM

Jan 2022
We do see a lot of crying, ence the name. Tho Nina seems to have a very troubled past, I like how Momoka tries to cheer her up as an elder. I still like how expressive and fluid the 3D is on this episode. Excited for the next episode !
I like everything, ok
Apr 12, 8:37 PM

Jan 2022
Reply to bassyey
It's clear that she's in her teenage years with that attitude. Luckily it seems like her bandmates are slightly older with a bit more of maturity. I think the show conveyed it properly.
@bassyey I agree that the cast so far (3 people lol) is quite diversed and I feel that all those opposed personality makes for quite a fun chemistry. But we'll need to see if it stays as good (or better ?) with the introduction and interactions of all the band !
I like everything, ok
Apr 12, 9:00 PM

Jun 2023
Well that was emotional
Apr 12, 9:04 PM

Mar 2024
Yes, this program will definitely be an introspective journey. I have high expectations.

Well, as for the episode, I think it was even better than the previous one: parts of Nina's past and character (complexes, despair, etc) are revealed; the dialogues are realistic, but loaded with hidden messages, revealing more of Nina's character. Well, the resolution felt a bit simple, I doubt that the protagonist's internal problems vanish overnight. I like the pacing the show is handling. I'll avoid comparisons to MyGO.

Nice symbolism at the end: the lamp being lit symbolizes a new ray of hope in Nina's life.
SorachinApr 13, 12:03 AM
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 12, 9:34 PM

Feb 2020
Love this anime so much!!
Apr 12, 10:45 PM
Aug 2022
Nina has an amazing voice, so far for a show about music I’ve not been disappointed. The opening song “wrong world” has quite literally been in repeat the last few days. It’s so good and the full version is incredible.

As much as I do like the cgi it’s kinda depressing seeing the really good 2d art in the opening song that we could have had. But I guess they went with cgi for whatever reason probably cause it takes less time to animate.
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

May 2019
Nina is literally a broken girl and this was a really good episode especially about her backstory. She doesn't really need money or education but all she needs is a hug and reassurance that she is loved and accepted in this world. I could tell this is tenfold better than Bocchi and I'm really looking forward to see how she could made her own family.

Apr 13, 2:45 AM

Oct 2016
Yo, I did not expect Nina to square up, she stood on business lmao, that was hilarious.

Besides that, mostly depressing episode and I can't really blame Nina to be wary of peoples intentions due to her past experiences. But thankfully, Momoka is there to support her and now Subaru as well, at the expense of her knee caps.

Only 2 episodes in, but I am really really enjoying the show so far.
Apr 13, 3:51 AM
Mar 2024
KAMI GOD NINA MY LOVER
Apr 13, 7:30 AM

Nov 2023
Hmm, nice episode and new band member too.

Let's see how it will develop
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 13, 8:16 AM

Aug 2022
Iseri Nina, Going through these dark times at her current age is definitely the hardest thing that has ever happened to her. Really understand how she feels now.

Momoka also understands her weak side now. Talking about Momoka, I think her attitude towards Nina is the best, she is not at all reluctant to occasionally be tougher for Nina.

RafaBryanApr 15, 5:10 PM
Apr 13, 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
i really loved the animation !!
Apr 13, 11:08 AM

Jun 2022
not bad at all, now we know why nina dropped out of school lol.
ngl she was a bit annoying this episode but at least shes aware of it and momoka handles her stubborn emotions very well (prob cuz she was like her before)

Apr 13, 1:25 PM

Nov 2013
Nina is a sweet cinnamon roll. Must protec-type. She's lucky her new friends are tolerant and understanding though.
Apr 13, 2:47 PM

Jan 2021
3d animation is really killing the mood for me on this anime...other than that, im loving it so far. It kind of reminds me of Nana somehow, which is cool.
Apr 13, 3:12 PM
Aug 2015
I'm sobbing, this episode is painfully relatable.
Apr 13, 3:29 PM

May 2021
Great episode, really loving all of the music and characters so far. Nina is most definitely not a one dimensional personality and that is always welcome. Momoka and Subaru Awa are certainly understanding and did their best to help Nina out of the rut she found herself in emotionally. Didn't see that being the focus of the episode from what we got last week but I was here for it. Also that scene where Nina was gonna throw the lamp at that dude was not what I expected but it was pretty funny.

As a drummer I took an immediate liking to Awa she is cute, nice, and I hope to see lots of her on the kit. I'm also looking forward to meeting the rest of the band, the OP and ED are awesome and I just wanna see the whole band together.

Now I'm really interested in listening to this band's music. From what we've gotten in the anime so far I'm already a fan.
Apr 13, 5:34 PM
Aug 2021
Show reality in the world of music band
Apr 13, 6:47 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to Horizon248
Great episode, really loving all of the music and characters so far. Nina is most definitely not a one dimensional personality and that is always welcome. Momoka and Subaru Awa are certainly understanding and did their best to help Nina out of the rut she found herself in emotionally. Didn't see that being the focus of the episode from what we got last week but I was here for it. Also that scene where Nina was gonna throw the lamp at that dude was not what I expected but it was pretty funny.

As a drummer I took an immediate liking to Awa she is cute, nice, and I hope to see lots of her on the kit. I'm also looking forward to meeting the rest of the band, the OP and ED are awesome and I just wanna see the whole band together.

Now I'm really interested in listening to this band's music. From what we've gotten in the anime so far I'm already a fan.
@Horizon248 If you want more music, the voice actress are the membres of Togenashi Togeari, the band that the anime is about. They have been releasing banger after banger since last year, and if you search eneough on YouTube there are some records of them playing live a couple songs.
Apr 13, 7:04 PM

May 2021
Reply to nicosb2810
@Horizon248 If you want more music, the voice actress are the membres of Togenashi Togeari, the band that the anime is about. They have been releasing banger after banger since last year, and if you search eneough on YouTube there are some records of them playing live a couple songs.
@nicosb2810 Cheers, I went ahead and did a scavenger hunt earlier today on their band. No doubt they have been releasing bangers. Not to mention the visuals were great. I didn't happen to catch any of their live performances though I may have to check those out too. Really enjoyed what I heard from them so far, hope they keep dropping more music.
Apr 13, 7:15 PM

Sep 2021
Nina is more messed up than I expected - but I don't hate it! Her Trauma just runs deep and she's the kind of person to bottle it all up inside herself. I'm looking forward to see her grow strong ^^
Apr 13, 8:45 PM

Apr 2024
even when crying, Iseri is cute tho.
omg, this show need to turn into full gay mode for those girls
Apr 13, 9:20 PM

Feb 2017
Downloaded a version to get better subs, hopefully I don't give myself a virus lol

Really liked this episode. Nina assuming the other girl trying to reach out to her was being patronizing and then immediately regretting shutting herself off was pretty relatable. Nina in general reminds me of how I was in my first year at college lol. Struggling with everything, self isolating, trying to act like you got things under control to your family, being mopey and kinda a pain in the ass. oof.

I like how the show handles conflict and it's character writing quite a lot, does a good job at capturing the feelings behind coming of age and going off on your own for the first time, while still not being too dramatic or angsty. Also like how noticeable the difference in maturity between the characters is.
Apr 13, 9:32 PM

Mar 2008
Nina could have had the cops after her after chasing some guy down with a lamp lol
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

May 2015
I have to admit it is turning out to be way-way better than I thought based on the premise and the first episode. That fight scene in which she is using the lamp as a weapon while being carried away by her angst, pent-up rage and self-pity was such a good culmination of the previous scenes alluding to how fucked-up she feels to be and what kind of traumatic experiences have been the source of it, and now we are heading towards how that could be turned into a creative force by her singing. Most of anime are about teenagers, but she is behaving like a teenager with all of the down side of it showing and not just looks like a cute girl and that is the end of it. When she hit the lowest point and two the girls suddenly turned up at her appartment I almost teared up. Previously I thought the aesthetics needed a lot of getting used to on my part but it has already grown on me.
IshitatesoApr 13, 11:55 PM
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Nov 2021
Loving this anime along with Jellyfish, us band/music anime fans are in for a treat this season
Apr 14, 12:28 AM

Oct 2011
Momoka is a great fashion inspo, love her style.

Happy to see Awa so early, I was really curious about her.

Nice to see some insecurity and hardship, most band/idol anime I've watched were rather happy and power of friendship kinda stuff. I like this sense of 'realness', mostly with Nina.

Omg, she snapped, that was kina funny but sad at the same time.

Love this so far, can't wait for next ep.
Apr 14, 1:20 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Well, so far the anime lives up to what it boasts: there are girls, there are band, and there are cry.
:U

While my first thought is that Nina gets upset over everything, but at the same time, I understand it seems she's really thinking about a lot. That and I can't blame her for feeling a bit guarded at this time. I hope she can grow more into the type of person she'd like to be.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 14, 2:11 AM
Jan 2020
This and Jellyfish Can't Swim is eerily too similar lmao
Apr 14, 3:00 AM
May 2018
Boring, cliche, no creativity
Apr 14, 4:41 AM

Feb 2020
Man that hit a little harder than I thought it would :( I feel her
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 5:15 AM

May 2015
Reply to Ronninn
This and Jellyfish Can't Swim is eerily too similar lmao
@Ronninn Thanks for the recommendation! After having watched the first two episodes of Jellyfish I wouldn't go so far as to say they are "eerily similar" but if you haven't mentioned its name I would have missed a great anime in this season.
IshitatesoApr 14, 5:31 AM
Apr 14, 7:00 AM

Aug 2015
It's such a shame that the background characters look awful since the main cast are animated beautifully. Is quite off putting when they do those establishing shots and there's some dude walking like a robot lol

but still great ep, I am curious how many songs we will get in the show
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 14, 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
oh my girl! she's such a cry baby! and also kinda shit personality! and the heck she suddenly back punches the leg of the drummer! good thing the drummer didn't retaliate! BWAHAHAH!!!
5/5.

Apr 14, 2:15 PM

Aug 2023
This episode explored more of their relationship and I enjoyed seeing their friendship blossom. The introduction of Subaru was nice as well and I appreciate how they are patient with Nina. She can be quite intense at times, but she is still learning.
Apr 14, 7:04 PM
Mar 2023
Someone please take Nina to therapy
Apr 14, 11:34 PM

Mar 2024
I can see from the second episode that this is a good anime. Its possible to get used to 3D animation especially since it looks high quality and cute; there are good characters, the anime have it own atmosphere and very cool music (many songs in my playlist now).

Also i really like that this anime is very countercultural and punk, everyone here expresses their emotions, screams, tells the whole world to f**k off and they even hangs a broken light at the end lol.
Apr 15, 3:31 PM
Aug 2015
Hmm, with an attitude like that, I can see why they're trying to burn her place down around her. Or maybe they're self-aware of the 3dcgi and are filled with self-loathing. Either way, I'm just here for the music. Make more!
Apr 15, 8:42 PM
Apr 2024
HOLYSHIT. NINA IS SO AWESOME AND SUCH A COOL ASS CHARACTER <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 3

45 by Myetx »»
Today, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - Yesterday

4 by mufarari »»
Today, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

33 by FelloniusWizard »»
Today, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5

121 by Gazz »»
May 13, 4:47 PM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

25 by vF_Wackiier »»
May 11, 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.