Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
I think this was an amusing start. Pairing two characters wtih different personalities together always adds some spicy drama.

The two main leads Chika and Yumiko might take some time to get used to but they obviously set them up together to draw attention to the pair. Chika does seem more like the serious of the two. On the other hand, the radio talk show stuff brings in entertainment that is somewhat refreshing this season.

Animation quality looks mediocre so far imo, but I didn't expect too much.
Apr 10, 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
Novelist Kou Nigatsu's only series, is like the all-girls' version of Spring 2020's Nami yo Kiitekure a.k.a Wave, Listen to Me!, if held completely from school.

Both girls of Yasumi Utatane and Yuhi Yugure are popular radio Seiyuu hosts who get along together, but the reality is that their real forms of Sato Yumiko and Chika Watanabe are anything but that, being so disproportionately different from one another. And a job offer for Sato being Yuhi's partner as a fellow Seiyuu radio host, it's not the best of first impressions, but yet, their manager wants them to succeed in this rather special program of high school girls being radio hosts.

With the popular names exposed, both girls have individual works to their names, but yet can't exactly put their arguments aside. As scriptwriter Asaka Mirei starts planning the radio program, the recording is also done in the exact same way, just not being cohesive between Senpai and Kouhai. Even at school, Chika is reading through her script as usual to prepare for the first public recording, something which Sato has experience in being in the VA business. But this is Chika's first time, and she's clearly a nervous wreck, which Sato gives her the encouragement to do so.

With that, the first ever Seiyuu radio public recording goes live...what will happen for the two girls who don't see eye to eye with each other, but yet can gel with one another?

The ED is cute from both girls' VAs Miku Itou and Moe Toyota. Would be interesting to see yet another radio-centric series again.
KANLen09Apr 19, 10:02 PM
Apr 10, 5:30 AM

Dec 2021
After the dark season of Winter, where we were starved of yuri anime, this season has finally brought us two, and the first one is none other than the debut novel of Kou Nigatsu, centered around radio actors.

Yuuhi Yuugure and Yasumi Utatane, high school classmates and radio hosts, seem like the perfect friends on air. As classmates and voice actresses, they present to all their listeners a seemingly great friendship. But in reality, they clash constantly. Yuuhi is quiet and reserved, while Yasumi is outgoing and flashy. Off air, their relationship is chaos, filled with insults and tension. Despite their differences, they manage to put on a united front for their listeners, showcasing a friendship that's anything but real.

Love/Hate, Hate/Love. This is going to be fun lol. I don't know how to feel about Yuuhi... I think she's kind of arrogant. I know I'll probably understand her better in the next episodes, but right now, I really don't like her. But I can see myself enjoying their dynamic very much lol. It seems very interesting to me; I really like this combination of characters. The episode is very dense, I like that. The concept is also really cool; I really like the original context of the current yuri series.

A tsundere emo and a gyaru, or I guess they're both gyarus in a way lol... this'll be a fun ride, I can tell.

Apr 10, 5:31 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and funny first episode.

About the yuri aspect, I don't expect to see anything serious between Yuuhi and Yasumi. Probably just some random blushing and teasing as usual. Anyway, they are sure a cute and hilarious duo.

Nice Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure! reference btw. :)

SerafosApr 10, 6:38 AM
Apr 10, 6:10 AM

Mar 2021
This was a great start am so looking forward to seeing how Yuuhi and Yasumi interact during their radio show.
Apr 10, 6:21 AM
Feb 2017
As a fan of Seiyuu I wanted to like it but after a few minutes my brain was already telling me to drop it but I gave it the rest of the episode and it just wasn't it for me.
Wasn't expecting Oshi no Ko but at the same time definitely hoping for way more then the daytime drama vibes. It wasn't really dramatic and it wasn't comedic, Just.... a slice of life that's about dramatic people, making a drama of things. Honestly was hoping for something more similar to Yami no Kiitekure.

Hope it finds it's audience.
Apr 10, 6:55 AM

Dec 2021
Good start. I can already see from a distance how this is a GL anime. Hopefully the drama doesn't turn to by-the-books teen-y shit like it did with another gyaru centric anime. Bit conservative though, only tagging it GL and comedy, when clearly a drama tag has to be added eventually... right? Or is this where the drama basically fizzles away, and the fun stuff starts?

Also, either this person with the face covering...

...is Mirei Asaka from the interview, or is going to be a character who'll probably cause some drama later on. Like, tell me that face doesn't scream trouble... or just screams "I'm trying to hide my sleep-deprived eyes from earlier." It screams both, and I can't tell which is the right answer.
Daviljoe193Apr 10, 7:22 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 10, 7:10 AM

Nov 2022
Reply to Daviljoe193
Good start. I can already see from a distance how this is a GL anime. Hopefully the drama doesn't turn to by-the-books teen-y shit like it did with another gyaru centric anime. Bit conservative though, only tagging it GL and comedy, when clearly a drama tag has to be added eventually... right? Or is this where the drama basically fizzles away, and the fun stuff starts?

Also, either this person with the face covering...

...is Mirei Asaka from the interview, or is going to be a character who'll probably cause some drama later on. Like, tell me that face doesn't scream trouble... or just screams "I'm trying to hide my sleep-deprived eyes from earlier." It screams both, and I can't tell which is the right answer.
@Daviljoe193 When I saw her in the crowd I was like "Is that Eiko??" for some reason lol
Apr 10, 7:13 AM

Jul 2017
Was expecting this to be something fun like Wave Listen to Me was a few years back but didn't really feel the humor and chemistry in this episode. Fairly boring for most of it to be honest, hopefully it can get better since the dynamic on paper has potential at least.
Apr 10, 7:25 AM

May 2015
Assistant-chan looked like she hadn't slept a wink in the last week. Maybe she was insomniac or on drugs.
IshitatesoApr 10, 7:42 AM
Apr 10, 7:29 AM

Jun 2019
Reminds me of Nami yo Kiitekure. I'm interested.
Apr 10, 7:35 AM
Aug 2022
I can’t help but see Chika and Yumiko as watered down versions of Adachi and Shimamura. But regardless there both great characters so far with a funny dynamic. I prefer Chika a lot more though.

Out of the many shows I’m watching this season in a single episode this has shot up to my fifth favourite. For now at least
Apr 10, 7:36 AM

Jan 2017
The dynamic between the mine characters seemed extremely generic to me, but it was enjoyable enough. I hope it's going to delve a bit deeper into the idol/seiyuu side of things, but I won't complain if it stays a pure fluff comedy either. The assistant was literally me at work.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 10, 8:31 AM
Jul 2016
Hmmm... I'm wondering about Yuhi's real identity... Just who could she might be? 🤣
Apr 10, 8:41 AM
Mar 2012
Reply to animejas
Was expecting this to be something fun like Wave Listen to Me was a few years back but didn't really feel the humor and chemistry in this episode. Fairly boring for most of it to be honest, hopefully it can get better since the dynamic on paper has potential at least.
@animejas You should probably get rid of that expectation, this has drama in it.
Apr 10, 8:42 AM
Apr 2021
I loved this first episode. I like the dynamic that will exist between the protagonists.
Apr 10, 8:48 AM
Oct 2016
i have to wonder why the score is so low on only the first episode, 6.70??? it was nice cute and fun, and even unique. for as much anime as there is about working, i feel like there's very few that follows the job process so closely, seeing the work as is comes together. if anything, far better a first ep than most others
Apr 10, 8:49 AM

Dec 2016
I'm a bit disappointed with this premiere. Normally I don't watch trailers or promos for new anime, but out of luck I did with this show. I already knew they were a two face in their own lives, so I kinda expected something more grounded based on their personalities.

My biggest gripe is Yuuhi's personality. I'm okay with angsty teens as long as they have a solid reason for them to be. With her, I just don't see it. Sure, her background story as an overachiever for theatre does kinda give her some basic reasoning, but it makes no sense to be in this line of work for her if she's this stressed because she's not doing what she worked for 4 years (she should have quit quite long time ago). Also the fact that the author made her a closet mecha otaku feels like a cheap jab to lure in the lowest common weeb.

My other gripe is the whole tone. It tries to be a comedy, but the whole delivery just doesn't feel comedic at all, it feels like a half baked drama with no leg to stand on. Horimiya did a magnificent work in it's early stages to depict the double life of the 2 protags with both comedy and drama.

To me this feels like a knock off Citrus without the glamour nor the big melodrama. I'll keep on watching because it's really not terrible and I have hopes it might find it's identity with a few more episodes.
Apr 10, 8:53 AM

Aug 2019
it wasnt a bad episode but i had to give it three stars because they were figthing the entire time which just got me annoyed.
i wonder how a show about a radio show is going to be interesting but im here for the trip. we get so few yuri that its a must watch.
i did not like the ost. it feels generic and unfitting to the situations.
watanabe is kinda cute. cant say i really like the blond girl because i dont like gyarus
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 9:00 AM
Mar 2012
Reply to XxEMOxKONATAxX
i have to wonder why the score is so low on only the first episode, 6.70??? it was nice cute and fun, and even unique. for as much anime as there is about working, i feel like there's very few that follows the job process so closely, seeing the work as is comes together. if anything, far better a first ep than most others
@XxEMOxKONATAxX Probably because the episode just came out, and there's a very small number of people watching and scoring it.
-Knox-Apr 10, 12:49 PM
Apr 10, 9:18 AM
May 2021
LET'S GO LESBIANS LET'S GOO
i only care about hot ppl fr fr
Apr 10, 9:34 AM
Feb 2020
Very good start.Pretty good production and fun dynamic between the two characters.
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

Apr 2012
not as bad as i expexcted. hope this will be less toxic than Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! was.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Apr 10, 11:04 AM
Jul 2023
i was surprised at how good the first episode was... i hope this doesn't disappoint in the future!
Apr 10, 11:09 AM

Jan 2023
Well, it was super fun!
I've gone into this one not knowing a thing about it and was nicely surprised.
The lead characters are absolutely adorable, and I like that they're so different from each other, and yet try to understand the other one a little bit by the end of the episode. Them arguing was very amusing too.
It's just one episode, but I could easily see this series becoming one of my favorites this season: it has sol, comedy, idols and the girls love tag to boot!

Looking forward to seeing them getting closer, but also struggling to get along, in the next episode :)
MeguSae38Apr 10, 11:13 AM
Apr 10, 11:24 AM

Mar 2014
It's not bad I guess but could've been better
Apr 10, 12:20 PM

Feb 2007
The most tsundere thank you I have ever seen.
Apr 10, 12:44 PM

May 2020
Well this is sort of interesting. I really liked Nami Yo Kiitekure back in 2020 witch was also about a radio show with arguably better voice acting, but that's just my taste.

After watching this i noticed it had a GL tag and it made me more interested. There are not that many GL shows and i have probably seen all of them except i did not finish Maria-sama.

I have so much free time in the evenings, that i might even finish this and maybe most of the seasonal animes.
Apr 10, 1:18 PM
Dec 2021
Yuuhi-chan rage mode on <3
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Feb 2019
Pretty cool that we get two shows about girls helping each other embrace their true selves and discover what they really want from life this season. Between this and Yoru no Kurage we are eating so good.

Loved the first episode. Established how both Yuhi and Yasumi are living double lives and feel emotionally isolated despite their public persona’s immense popularity. Yasumi being the pure and innocent idol to the world and the quintessential Gyaru when she’s at school or home.

With Yuhi, I think it’s interesting how she’s annoyed with how popular her public persona is and doesn’t understand why people find it so attractive. She came off so prickly at first with Yasumi, but by the end of this episode we already see them starting to form some nice chemistry, thanks in part to Yasumi tripping Yuhi at the live recording session 😂

The relationship between the two leads already seems like it’ll be great. A lot of fast quips and banter. On the surface the girls may seem like they couldn’t be more different, but they’ve got a lot in common and I’m looking forward to seeing it explored.

These opposites attract girls’ friendship/yuri stories are always so good to me. Aquatope, Adashima, Lycoreco and now this. Just something about seeing people realise how much they have in common after starting on the wrong foot always feels good.

Connect as usual have some really nice art, the girls look so cute and the seiyuus are doing a great job going in between the girls’ public persona and their true selves. Excited to see where it goes.
Marinate1016Apr 10, 2:16 PM
Apr 10, 2:05 PM
Apr 2024
how tf she didn't recognize here at the beginning of the episode?
Apr 10, 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
That was pretty enjoyable. I need to get a better feel for the characters personalities still
Apr 10, 4:46 PM
Feb 2021
They are girlfriends (source: they hold hands)
Apr 10, 4:56 PM

Nov 2013
wow that was a fun episode

i like watching anime girls who are different in public and in private, kinda like these 2, no one else knows about their seiyuu life, they dress and behave completely different, it's just so interesting to see

being a gyaru also helps me like her even more, gyarus are usually a lot of fun to watch, and Yumiko doesn't seem to be different
on the other hand, Chika, who is one of the top idols, who looks super cute in her job, is actually a gloomy and kinda rude person in school, i lost it when she TSKed at the other girl when she dropped the coffee on Chika's shoes lmao

thankfully Yumiko (after their manager told her to) started to help Chika, fist by having lunch with her and then by helping her at the public recording (tho it was fun how Yumiko made Chika fall down LOL)

i'm so looking forward to see more of these 2, looking like a fun duo already... and if the tags are correctly, yuri is also a big bonus in my eyes :D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 10, 5:11 PM
Jun 2021
Okay first episode imo.

The characters were kinda forgettable so far, but they have potential to improve later.

The animation was nothing special, there were some parts that actually looked really nice, the others that… really didn’t.

I do think this plot has potential, and I’m glad we get another gl this season. I hope it improves as it goes on.
Apr 10, 5:39 PM

Aug 2017
Uuuh, something big is coming our way. A great start that leaves you wanting more. So far my favorite anime of the new season along with the Yozakura family.

I like Janus-faced characters because they always bring a lot of versatility with them.
It's also interesting that here - similar to "Oshi No Ko" - attention is drawn to the double standards of the idol industry, i.e. that everything there is more of an illusion than reality. I find it quite remarkable for a show whose cast consists predominantly of idols themselves.

I still remember Miku Itou from the "Hoshikuzu Telepath" OP - it's nice to hear her again in a yuri after such a short time. Moe Toyota also beautifully conveys the slightly bitter, intimidated side of Yuugure. I'm curious to see how the two of them will get together.🤗

ED is cool, made directly on the Mp3 player.🎶

Honestly, I'm already looking forward to the 12 weeks.
Apr 10, 6:18 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to XxEMOxKONATAxX
@XxEMOxKONATAxX Scores are just a battle of fanboys, and specially niches have it the hardest. I mean I've seen reviews of people saying they haven't watched nor even will, and posting a 1 score out of basic premise hate.
Ratings mean jack all really. A handful properly trying to give a rating, fanboys will just go 10 (I sure do so and I'm NOT ashamed of it), haters will give it a 1 without even watching just to poison the ratings, and some oh-so-intellectuals will come out with those stupid middle of the ground ratings with decimal points cause their evaluation is oh-so-factual and well calculated.
Apr 10, 6:31 PM
Nov 2023
It’s no surprise that a show about seiyuu would be voiced by really high quality ones. I enjoyed the dialogue, and the story was pretty convincing too. A nice bonding moment at the end, I hope it keeps moving in that direction. I don’t actually care whether or not it’s yuri as long as the girls can become close as friends. Anything else is fine, but I don’t really see it that way. Tanoshimini desu.
Apr 10, 7:36 PM

Apr 2024
oh shi*.
this seem gay, I'm in.
Apr 10, 7:47 PM

Sep 2023
What was the last yuri anime with a butting heads couple? The cats and dogs dynamic between the 2 main characters is great but the idol VA premise is weird, though I guess its right there in the title... meh. Not digging how idol stuff is making its way into other genres. This and Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night makes 2 already in 1 season.
Apr 10, 8:07 PM

Sep 2021
A good premiere. I like the gyaru girl and they generally have a fun dynamic. I was suprised by how dramatic it was though, I expected more comedy.
Apr 10, 8:21 PM

Mar 2024
The show you want to instantly devolve into a hate-sex ecchi ;)

I liked it!
Apr 10, 9:35 PM

Nov 2021
Pretty good first episode, I like the character designs. I guess I'll keep watching since I'm interested in seeing how their relationship evolves.
Apr 10, 9:58 PM

Nov 2023
Yasumi kinda giving me Marin Kitagawa vibes.

They both are cute together. ^_^

Nice start!
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 10, 10:38 PM

Aug 2022
Very fun first episode from one of the shows I was looking forward the most this season.

Liked a lot the dynamic from the characters plus the bit Yuuhi went all excited talking about mecha anime, and of course Yasumi helping her overcome her nerves.

Started a bit late with shows this season but Wednesdays will for sure be fun with these two.
RairuchelaApr 10, 10:44 PM
Apr 10, 10:46 PM

Sep 2018
Other than the fact that these girls, especially the gyaru, are apparently blind as a bat and somehow can't distinguish between real and fake persona (seriously, that blue haired chick looked exactly the same, I was waiting for the gyaru to realize who she was in the corridor when she confronted her, but no, the disguise is too great, a differing personality is too much lol), pretty solid first episode.

Already better than that absolute trash Yuri is my Job, so that's nice. I'm praying that there's no insufferable garbage yandere character like Kanoko, in this one.
Apr 10, 11:00 PM

Jun 2023
This is yuri-tastic.
Apr 10, 11:13 PM
May 2018
Seiyuu themed anime is very unique to me, and this first episode didn't disappoint too much.
This is an opening episode that is enough to at least introduce the two main characters of this anime, Chika and Yasumi.
Its also shows the process behind making a radio program, which I wonder if it's the same as in real life, lol
Rather than that, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing a little when I heard Itou Miku and Toyota Moe's voices while acting in a radio broadcast. Their voices is very similar to Kokoro and Kanon from Bang Dream, lmao
Apr 11, 12:39 AM

Nov 2022
i liked it ( ⋅֊⋅ ).ᐟ it's an interesting concept but i'm excited to see how the story will progress~ their completely different personalities will definitely make it fun! > ̫ <

first we were introduced to yumiko! i was really surprised that her 'normal' persona is gyaru~ i'm happy for that but i wish her character design was a bit more gyaru amplified but either way i'm still happy about it ᐡ ̳ᴗ ̫ ᴗ ̳ᐡ chika definitely has a different vibe to yumiko but i hope we can get to know her more so we can understand her a bit better ₍ᐡ⸝⸝•𖥦•⸝⸝ᐡ₎ but her interest in mecha anime really surprised me hehe . . . so unexpected !
Apr 11, 2:26 AM

Jun 2021
Miku Ito is in it, the starting point is interesting for personal reasons (remember early 1999, beginning to follow mainstream italian radio shows and developed a bigger interest in music) so i didn't want to miss this one. The double identities of the main cast and clashing personalities is entertaining enough for now, and didn't expect Yumiko to make trip Chika on purpose like she did in front of so many people, Chika handled it decently and it made also for a amusing after credits scene.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

30 by cableguyjay »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24

56 by Fairytelly »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8

26 by AJpurple »»
Today, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1

57 by AJpurple »»
Today, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17

36 by Fairytelly »»
Yesterday, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.