Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Mangaka Ichi Ichikawa's series is like if you take Gakuen Babysitters (thanks to character designer Mina Oosawa, who also did said show) and combine it with the likeness of Sasaki and Miyano (since this is Studio Deen back at yet another BL series), you'll get this show, which topics like these are even rarer in the BL space.

I was not expecting MADKID for the OP, it feels so out-of-place, yet so good. Takayoshi Tanimoto's ED is just fine.

The story of an Alpha and Omega relationship a.k.a the Omegaverse (where anyone can be pregnant),
the latter is Masaki Fujiyoshi, a stay-at-home spouse and parent taking care of his son Hikari, with the former being his husband of Hiromu. Both guys taking care of their one and only son, it's hard work with Masaki being played as the female archetype, while Hiromu is the clear male husband to the relationship.

Omegas are always the one affected in the rather precarious relationship, and this applies pretty much to Masaki, which Hiromu actually appreciates both him and Hikari. Despite a marriage between both guys, it's still pretty much a family at heart between the trio.

Celebrating Christmas is always a treat for the children, and this is no different to Hikari, which is the blessing of both guys. But when he wants to retrieve the Christmas star, he juggled it, causing it to fall and chip off, only to cry like a child. Masaki having to pamper him, and Hiromu getting another star for that, his smile relieves them both. But their neighbours, especially one of them, will have to get used to it...

Despite the theme of married gays taking care of a child (which its subject theme can be rather niche in its topic research), I assure you that this is not as bad as you assume. In fact, this is a rather uncomfortable show that's made wholesome if you keep your thought process straight that THIS IS fiction.
KANLen09Apr 14, 7:06 AM
Apr 8, 9:00 AM

Dec 2021
Mangaka Ichi Ichikawa's manga about two loving husbands, with some stuff about omegas thrown in, finally getting an anime adaptation after so long.

MADKID is going for that KPOP-esque opening, and as a certified MADKID fan, this song bangs. Takayoshi Tanimoto's ending theme is fine, nothing special

Masaki Fujiyoshi is a stay-at-home spouse and parent, struggling with feelings of being a burden to his loving husband, Hiromu, because of his omega status. They've fought hard to achieve domestic happiness, especially after their son Hikari was born, prompting a move to a more family-friendly area. However, their past isn't entirely behind them. As people from their previous life start reappearing, Masaki and Hiromu question their intentions and whether they'll disrupt their newfound happiness.

In the omegaverse stories I've read, it's rare for society to be against Alphas and Omegas being together. Usually, prejudice is directed towards Omegas. This feels strange to me, as it's my first encounter with this idea. I was expecting a BL couple with a child, but this is different from what I expected.

All that talk about the omegaverse in this anime... If you want to be scarred for life, go ahead and look up what it means. But besides that omega thing, solid premiere.
IzanaSolosApr 8, 6:26 PM

Apr 8, 10:13 AM
Sep 2015
Am I witnessing the first ever omegaverse anime? Totally didn't expect that. I'm not kidding when I say that omegaverse can solve a declining population crisis. Take note, scientists.

In omegaverse there's discrimination against omega but the good news is there's (almost) no discrimination against same-sex couple (maybe because they can produce a child?), is it a fair trade-off? That depends on you.

Some people may be surprised to learn that I'm not a fan of omegaverse for two reasons. The first one is the existence of suppression pill (usually for omega but sometimes for alpha), it seems unnatural for me. If the heat cycle is on, just breed, problem solved. Another reason I don't like omegaverse is the existence of womb in omega's body. I feel like womb should be reserved exclusively for woman. I do support male pregnancy though, just without womb.
Apr 8, 10:24 AM

Jun 2017
Never heard of omegaverse until today, still super confused about it. I'm going into this anime completely blind. So far it's OK. Not bad, really found their little family incredibly wholesome though :)
Apr 8, 10:25 AM

Nov 2016
Getting some Gakuen Babysitters vibes( thought it was from Deen too, but it was Brain's Base) Mostly from Hikari who is as cute Kotaru. So yeah, the cuteness mixed with some slight melchancholy is quite nice. And I guess it's interesting to see an omegaverse anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 11:38 AM

Apr 2022
Wait, there's mpreg in that world? And a caste system? What a weird premise for a show... Will try the 3 episode rule, so far I think it's pretty mid
Apr 8, 12:03 PM

Nov 2020
I honestly wasn't expecting this anime to be this good, I watched the trailer and it seemed way to cringe for me, but it's actually quite wholesome and funny? what?
Also the animation it's pretty good and the art looks pretty nice. Again, I'm surprised a BL anime got this much of a budget and an omega anime!? Truly 2024 is the year of surprises on the anime world.

I don't know if I'll continue watching it since I dislike kids so much that even animated ones annoy me and Hi-kun cried too much on this episode, but man I'm so jealous of his parents, it's such a perfect family!
Apr 8, 12:35 PM
Apr 2020
Just about to go watch this. Can't believe there is finally an omegaverse anime, never thought I would ever see one. hope they do more of them. Just wanted to ask if anyone found it odd that the episode was able to be watched today when it isn't meant to start airing until tomorrow??

Just watched the episode and my gosh it was great. Couldn't stop going aww at Hikari's scenes. Can't wait for the next episode to find out what will happen next. They totally have to do more animes like this for sure
aloistrancy351Apr 8, 1:48 PM
Apr 8, 12:48 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to aloistrancy351
Just about to go watch this. Can't believe there is finally an omegaverse anime, never thought I would ever see one. hope they do more of them. Just wanted to ask if anyone found it odd that the episode was able to be watched today when it isn't meant to start airing until tomorrow??

Just watched the episode and my gosh it was great. Couldn't stop going aww at Hikari's scenes. Can't wait for the next episode to find out what will happen next. They totally have to do more animes like this for sure
@aloistrancy351 It airs “tomorrow” in Japan, so if you’re watching from say the US, it aired today since Japan is 14 ish hours ahead.
Apr 8, 1:47 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to sarybelle
@aloistrancy351 It airs “tomorrow” in Japan, so if you’re watching from say the US, it aired today since Japan is 14 ish hours ahead.
@sarybelle Ah right, I didn't know that. I'm watching from th uk so that makes sense. I totally loved the episode, honestly I couldn't stop going aww thoughout the whole things
Apr 8, 2:07 PM
Jan 2021
Cuteness overload!!! Can't wait for more!!!
Apr 8, 2:20 PM
Apr 2017
Episode one is so adorable it made me so happy!
Apr 8, 2:23 PM
Apr 2021
(Bare in mind this comment comes from a guy who has given has one of their favourites displayed in their profile)

WTF DID I JUST WATCH
Apr 8, 2:33 PM

Jul 2021
omg it is sooooo cute I can't T.T like Masaki and Hiromu are so lovey dovey and tHE BABYYY IT'S SO CUTE IM GONNA CRY 😭😭 this is going to give me diabetes because it's so sweet, I'm loving it <3
Apr 8, 2:57 PM
Apr 2022
It was good a episode 1
Apr 8, 3:00 PM
Jan 2024
was pretty anxious going into the first ep (all of this omega and alpha talk making me go insane lmao, i just automatically think its gonna be worse with that in mind) but its actually
SO
CUTE
especially any scene with hikari SUCH A CUTIEEEEE
ill definitely keep watching this since its my first bl of the season (and for hikari <3)
Apr 8, 3:10 PM

Feb 2010
NGL. Omegaverse isn't usually my bag, but I liked the PV and I'm curious how long I'll last.
Apr 8, 4:00 PM
Dec 2012
Best baby has arrived tbh
Apr 8, 4:16 PM
Mar 2024
gente que Anime maravilhoso muito lindo amei cada detalhe 🥰
Apr 8, 4:16 PM
Mar 2024
estou muito anciosa para 2 episódio 🤩🤩
Apr 8, 5:03 PM

Jul 2014
Tried. Tedious and stupid. If it's not scratching your perverted fetish then it has nothing to offer.
Apr 8, 6:25 PM

Aug 2016
Wow, an Omegaverse in mainstream tv. This one is so wholesome; hopefully it does well. The manga is good, so I’m happy to see an anime of it.
Apr 8, 6:32 PM
Nov 2016
Omegaverse is not my cup of tea, but as a gay guy I'll take any BL anime I can get as BL anime are rare, while hoping that other BL works (possibly not Omegaverse XD) get an anime as well.

But Anyway, I actually enjoyed the 1st episode. Plus I like stories about couples (bonus points if they are same-sex) raising kids, and this seems wholesome and cute :D

phantomfandom said:
Am I witnessing the first ever omegaverse anime? Totally didn't expect that. I'm not kidding when I say that omegaverse can solve a declining population crisis. Take note, scientists.

we joke, but that would help solving the demograhic issue somehow XD
Apr 8, 6:49 PM

Feb 2019
not a bad first ep. and OMG, it's an omegaverse anime too, now i'm doubly excited! i'm intrigued to find out about their neighbour's son and why he acts so indifferent...
Apr 8, 8:13 PM

Dec 2021
Yep. That's wholesome and adorable as fuck. Still though, the whole omegaverse thing makes me feel like on-screen mpreg is gonna be shown, which is gonna be kinda weird for me (I'll allow myself to stay in the dark, though, and let the anime fill me in wherever needed). I assume the "O" thing on blonde's neck is just how they'll firmly establish who the omega is, but so far keeping a sharp eye out for it, the same thing hasn't yet showed up on the back of anyone else's neck.

Anyway, chill BL childcare anime with a pre-established relationship, and since the only other childcare anime I liked was Aishite Naito, I'm basically having this as my first modern childcare anime. Let's see if it can keep up the cute, because right now it's at 8.25/10 on the cuteness scale (It's so cute I'm actually crying), and a solid 0/10 on the "creepy" scale (Zero spider-like yaoi hands and zero non-conny shit). If this is the thin edge of the wedge for the omegaverse, then this has to be on the micrometer scale for thinness with how thin this wedge is right now.
Daviljoe193Apr 8, 8:22 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 8, 8:33 PM
Aug 2017
dodoxdo97 said:
Omegaverse is not my cup of tea, but as a gay guy I'll take any BL anime I can get as BL anime are rare, while hoping that other BL works (possibly not Omegaverse XD) get an anime as well.

But Anyway, I actually enjoyed the 1st episode. Plus I like stories about couples (bonus points if they are same-sex) raising kids, and this seems wholesome and cute :D

phantomfandom said:

have you tried Cherry Magic? It's a good BL romance comedy with non toxic couple
Apr 8, 10:11 PM

Jun 2021
Apr 8, 10:23 PM

Mar 2008
This is ....I don't even know what to think about this. I've definitely entered some fandom thing I was not familiar with like I entered a different world seeing these replies now and reading the omegaverse wiki page lol

Daviljoe193 said:
I assume the "O" thing on blonde's neck is just how they'll firmly establish who the omega is, but so far keeping a sharp eye out for it, the same thing hasn't yet showed up on the back of anyone else's neck.

I kind of get the impression it looks like a bite mark too.
Apr 8, 10:27 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to traed
This is ....I don't even know what to think about this. I've definitely entered some fandom thing I was not familiar with like I entered a different world seeing these replies now and reading the omegaverse wiki page lol

Daviljoe193 said:
I assume the "O" thing on blonde's neck is just how they'll firmly establish who the omega is, but so far keeping a sharp eye out for it, the same thing hasn't yet showed up on the back of anyone else's neck.

I kind of get the impression it looks like a bite mark too.
@traed Ah well, if it stays as cute as it was this episode, then I'm still happy. It's just an "extra feature" for all I care, in what is already proving to be a BL anime with a good chance to out-cute Sasaki to Miyano.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 8, 10:28 PM
Aug 2019
This is my first yaoi and I'm not very well versed on omegaverse besides the basics, but this was so cute! I decided to watch it mostly because i like to watch raising-a-kid kind of anime and I was not disappointed. Hikari is super cute and the relationship with his parents is too!!!!! Everything felt so warm and comfy ;; i can't wait for that other child in the opening too!!
Apr 9, 12:49 AM
Jul 2013
SO WHOLESOME.
I think explaining the omegaverse concept to my husband nearly broke his mind though.
Apr 9, 10:10 AM
Jun 2019
A bit of a boring episode to me, but I am intrigued all the same. The fun thing about omegaverse is that the trope is kind of different for each and every story. Couple formed outside of Alpha-Alpha, Omega-Omega and Beta-Beta is unusual in this setting which is definitely a first for me. In the works I’ve seen and read, Alpha-Omega couples were the norm, with Alpha-Alpha and Omega-Omega being unusual!

Now, I wonder how that impacts the worldbuilding. I guess it means homosexual couples remain a minority in this universe then. Though I’m wondering how the other characters can be shocked that Ma-chan(sorry I only remember his nickname aha) is an omega. Do people assume the kid is adopted, then? Does the whole xenobiology thing work differently there? I’m curious.

As for the star plot point of this episode, I hope it is foreshadowing for a part of the series where the parents get separated from their kid at some point. That would be effective storytelling and I would walk back on my statement that I found the episode a bit dull, as it means it would have been set-up.
Apr 9, 2:11 PM
Apr 2023
I AM SO CONFLICTED I've waited for this anime to air due to it's cute premise for quite a while thinking that it will explore the gender roles in gay relationships. It was such a jumpscare when they mentioned alphas and omegas, I DID NOT KNOW THERE ARE OMEGAVERSE ANIME NOW. But it was so cute! But in the same time I was dying from cringe everytine something from omegaverse lore came up. But. Omfg. I will literally watch it just to react to people finding out about the wondrous world of omegaverse and get scarred for life. You have no idea what you're getting into people (keep it up!)
Apr 9, 3:41 PM
Feb 2024
I have nothing to say other than...this is the best thing. for me at least. I personally love omegaverse and the likes, its very refreshing to see a couple be so lovey dovey from the get go instead of agonizing slow burn or noncon like you see in a lot of omegaverse. i don't personally have a problem with these things, its just fiction after all, but seeing something cute like this will always be my favorite. crazy about the mark on masakis neck. ive never seen marking in an actual story, just in fics lolol
Apr 9, 4:05 PM

Jun 2023
Omg omg omg, i just love this so much ㅜㅜ
Apr 9, 7:03 PM

Mar 2010
Cute episode! Was not really interested the series before but will definitely check out the manga as well. The voice acting and art is amazing.excited for the other characters.
Apr 9, 9:09 PM
Feb 2021
Wanted to like it, but the omegaverse stuff is just super offputting to me. It's a shame because there really isnt that much queer anime out there and I was looking forward to watching a new show, but the alpha/beta stuff, pheromones and other stuff I've been told that happens later? Just all gives me the ick in the same way as something like Junjo Romantica, it just reeks of degeneracy to me.
Apr 10, 7:36 AM

Jan 2017
This episode ooze with too much cuteness, I cannot! 😭
Just really fcking happy to have an omegaverse based BL anime so thank you so much dear yaoi Gods!!!! ❤️️❤️️❤️️
Apr 10, 9:24 AM

Mar 2008
Not into the whole omegaverse thing but this episode was 10000000/10 too pure and good for this world. So wholesome.
Apr 10, 10:22 AM
Jul 2016
This shit is so damn cute and Wholesome. I haven't read the manga in a while, but according to Twitter, the anime skipped a spicy scene lmaooooo.
Apr 10, 2:26 PM
Nov 2020
Can't believe how many people will discover the dark world of omegaverse with this cute story 😂😂😂
Apr 10, 8:15 PM
May 2017
Cute! Hikari is the most his-age toddler I've seen in an anime and the family dynamic is so heartwarming. I don't remember where this goes but I hope it focuses on the wholesome family side and doesn't dive too deep into the...problematic parts of omegaverse. I'm already seeing some biases against this here before anything like that has shown up so it's probably best that it stays wholesome to ease people into this genre.
Apr 10, 9:24 PM
Feb 2013
OMG I was not expecting soo much fluff and the kawaiiness! Super duper wholesome and can't wait for more!!! XD
Apr 11, 7:13 AM
Mar 2024
I'm not an Omegaverse fan, but I don't dislike it either. I'm mostly watching it for the gay relationship and out of curiosity.

Also, I love babies in general, but if that little guy's gonna be all over the show whining and uttering baby sentences, I might just drop it. I can't stand to hear his baby voice in more than one third of an episode.
Apr 11, 6:12 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Lilithd
dodoxdo97 said:

phantomfandom said:

have you tried Cherry Magic? It's a good BL romance comedy with non toxic couple
@Lilithd I have watched and enjoyed that! It's also the first time I saw a
in anime :)
Apr 12, 2:08 AM

Dec 2022
I am not familiar with the source material, but it seems that this is a lot deeper than "just another BL anime".
I am curious what's up with the alpha/omega stuff and how he was pregnant, I guess this is some sort of alternate universe
Apr 12, 3:55 AM

Jan 2021
Anime with cute babies and adorable little kids has always been my weakness....

I read the manga a few months ago but only got to the first volume because omegaverse isn't something I'm usually into, but the adaptation was really good and I really liked the seiyuu. How they sound and speak is just how I imagined them.

Hikari is too cute omg my expression kept going "😖💘" for 23 minutes!!!

Apr 12, 7:16 AM
May 2011
I kinda can't stand the baby.
Apr 12, 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
Never been a big fan of established relationships in romances, it makes me unable to care about lovey dovey moments. I don't even know the characters yet so it just feels cringe to me. And the fun part about romance is seeing them get together, in my opinion. I remember reading the manga a while ago but I dropped it since I found it boring? And this episode kinda reminded me of that haha.
Apr 12, 11:56 PM

Oct 2011
Oh my God this is so cute~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 13

9 by Bunnix21 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 22

23 by Stardew »»
May 12, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tadaima, Okaeri Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 6

17 by KANLen09 »»
May 11, 3:43 AM

» What are alphas, betas and omegas in this story?

flyingcassowary - May 3

3 by kinosternon »»
May 4, 6:01 AM

» MUST WATCH!!!!!!

flora_sakamaki - Apr 30

11 by Daviljoe193 »»
May 3, 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.