Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Condition Called Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 9:12 AM
Jan 2024
R1saenami said:
MichaelJackson said:
@R1saenami watch more romance anime and youll get why this one is bull

I watched kokoro yabai yatsu, otonari tenshi, tonikaku Kawai, kamisama Hajimesita, fuufu ijo koibito minman, fruit basket, Rurouni Kenshin, kaicho wa maid sama, Kimi ni todoke, Kaguya sama, tsunlise

During that time, I just enjoyed the romance and never had many complaints
Apr 6, 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
Is this just another idealization of the bishonen who is obsessed with the MC, or are they really trying to tell us that the male lead has some “peculiarities” of thinking? Even MC was clearly scared by this behavior.

UPD. Oh, so this is actually a straight version of Bloom into you, did I understand correctly?
RobertBobertApr 6, 9:22 AM
Apr 6, 9:20 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Cestlavie_
This was quite boring ngl, the animation is also pretty lackluster. didn't even have the comedy going for it
@Cestlavie_ It's not a rom-com.
Apr 6, 9:20 AM
Jan 2024
MichaelJackson said:
@R1saenami watch more romance anime and youll get why this one is bull

I also watched Saekano and Chunibyo
Apr 6, 9:30 AM

Oct 2008
i like the ambience of this! MC girl is slowly learning to love! and oh! this won kodansha award shoujo category, lets see if it lives-up to its name!
5/5.

Apr 6, 12:13 PM
Apr 2022
First impressions : Seems like something out of a generic KDrama...bro looks like He wanna be Junkook so bad... Plus Bro NEEDS THAT THERAPY...Thats all im gonna say dawg
Apr 6, 12:15 PM
Apr 2020
Well this was cute. I'd feel guilty if someone loved me like him hhhhh. The art is not amazing, but it's alright.
Apr 6, 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
Just your average romcom anime
Apr 6, 5:45 PM
Apr 2021
I can't believe nobody is talking about how the dude is an absolute creep honestly. I was disgusted quite often at his stalking, doing stuff that nobody asked him to do, imposing himself on the girl, and then doing anything to please her. Not only is that something common in emotionally damaged people, but during the call, when he was looking for the pin in the snow, the dude had the balls to lie to her about it. And we are supposed to be understanding? In real life, untrusty, two faced people like that, who can't even show up authentically in front of other people are the most dangerous, manipulative and cruel types. The fact that the anime tries to romanticize these flaws with cute music is just awful and makes me feel ill in the stomach. Take this exact episode and change the music to suspense and eerie tones and you have quite a nice seinen about broken people trying to figure out how to fill the holes in their heart and in their minds.

The premise is interesting in regards to people with emotional issues trying to connect with each other, but the direction and tone of the anime is really jarring and overall feels really shallow when it comes to conveying the complex mindscapes of these individuals. The anime is either rushed, or the original work was made by someone who has no idea about how the minds of people work and is just projecting their own deluded fantasy for others to see.

This will probably be a popular anime regardless because of the lack of shoujos this season but it doesn't even come close so far to Sign of Affection for example, where we can see small topics like insecurity, feelings of inadequacy and segregation with care and consideration.

If a dude said I was his soulmate after putting an umbrella on his head I would run away so fast. If he kept insisting I'd just put a restriction order on his ass tbh, so damn creepy.
Apr 6, 8:17 PM
Feb 2020
great show so far
i would do anything for my girlfriend
i hope these two love each other very much
im giving it an 8/10 so far but it could easily earn a 9/10 in a few episodes
Apr 6, 11:12 PM
Jul 2019
Not bad,the animation is average,kinda below that tbh,the pacing is a little bit fast,but i still enjoyed it:)
Apr 7, 6:20 AM

Apr 2021
absolutely adorable!!
Apr 7, 8:52 AM

Feb 2007
Reply to Strossen
I can't believe nobody is talking about how the dude is an absolute creep honestly. I was disgusted quite often at his stalking, doing stuff that nobody asked him to do, imposing himself on the girl, and then doing anything to please her. Not only is that something common in emotionally damaged people, but during the call, when he was looking for the pin in the snow, the dude had the balls to lie to her about it. And we are supposed to be understanding? In real life, untrusty, two faced people like that, who can't even show up authentically in front of other people are the most dangerous, manipulative and cruel types. The fact that the anime tries to romanticize these flaws with cute music is just awful and makes me feel ill in the stomach. Take this exact episode and change the music to suspense and eerie tones and you have quite a nice seinen about broken people trying to figure out how to fill the holes in their heart and in their minds.

The premise is interesting in regards to people with emotional issues trying to connect with each other, but the direction and tone of the anime is really jarring and overall feels really shallow when it comes to conveying the complex mindscapes of these individuals. The anime is either rushed, or the original work was made by someone who has no idea about how the minds of people work and is just projecting their own deluded fantasy for others to see.

This will probably be a popular anime regardless because of the lack of shoujos this season but it doesn't even come close so far to Sign of Affection for example, where we can see small topics like insecurity, feelings of inadequacy and segregation with care and consideration.

If a dude said I was his soulmate after putting an umbrella on his head I would run away so fast. If he kept insisting I'd just put a restriction order on his ass tbh, so damn creepy.
@Strossen
Strossen said:

I'm honestly amazed by how many people manage to misread him like this... You are of course right about him being emotionally damaged, but he's certainly not dangerous, manipulative or cruel. Nor is the anime trying to romanticize this - quite the opposite, it shows very clearly how disturbing his behaviour seems to Hotaru and his own part of the story seems pretty clearly to be set up to be about him overcoming this lack of self-worth and learning to appreciate himself as an actual person and not just a vehicle for making his partner happy.
Apr 7, 12:38 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to CorayyAnime
I will watch it, because i want a romance anime this season. I can't understand why this looks so bad tho. Kimi ni Todoke, 2009, looks better than this lol. 15 years later.
@CorayyAnime try Shinigami bocchan to Kuro Meido, only if you can ignore the CGI part.
Apr 7, 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
I found this enjoyable.

Hananoi is a bit over the top. Makes me wonder why he is like that. Im getting the impression both of them are insecure and express it opposite ways.
Apr 7, 7:40 PM
Jan 2024
Very bad anime, with a lot of bad animation, meh! I dont recommend it
Apr 7, 10:04 PM

Jan 2022
I didn't read the manga or anything but Hananoi's voice does not suit him at all. I feel like his character should have a deeper voice. I liked him with longer hair ;-;

He's so damn wholesome though wtf

That was a cute first episode. I hope he learns to value himself as well, but I'm sure Hotaru will help him
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 7, 11:38 PM
Jan 2024
Strossen said:

you are completely right. what he's doing is love bombing her with is 9 times out of 10 a sure sign that anyone who enters a relationship with him would eventually get abused by him (if this were reality). it makes me sick that this is being romanticized, especially since I've experienced this myself in real life and was nearly killed because I fell for it. it pains me that there's a possibility that others may be influenced by this anime and think that this is actually love because it could lead them into some dangerous situations in real life since they can't recognize all of those red flags. I did make a comment about some of this earlier myself and I saw a few others who also realized how creepy he is. I'm glad that at least some people can see it, but it's sad that about 70% of the comments here are supportive and actually thinking this is good. it goes to show how many don't have a healthy view of love
Apr 8, 4:47 AM
Nov 2021
Well our mc is actually a bit weird but not toxic so it's fine ig. Hope it will be a peaceful rom.
Apr 8, 7:02 PM

Apr 2023
What a cringe mfer, I've met many of those before.
Apr 8, 7:04 PM

Apr 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
Sexiest guy in town.. a very oblivious, plain looking, one who doesn’t know the way of the world kind of girl, and then the next thing you see… they are already going out, for reasons even unknown to god. Female self-insertion at its peak lol.

I mean this wasn’t even laughable, the guy just got dumped by a girl who was as unimportant as, it seems, the logic in this series, and then some snowing in the background, some umbrella stuff, and dude literally went and proposed to the main girl the next day… what? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? No the main question is, why? He handsome right, so if it was some pussy he wanted he would’ve gotten it anyways, why this roundabout way?

The pair seems so out of ordinary, that even the main girl is surprised over the sequence of events. Throwing some cheesy lines like “I did this for you”, won’t make for the stupid stuff we watched for the better part of this episode.

This guy is the perfect guy of the modern world who can make the girls wet… he’s good looking, he’s tall, he’s toxic.. just missing the beard. Again self-insertion at its peak lol.

“I’ll do anything as long as it is for you and makes you smile”. Lmaoooo, dude who passed the k-drama script here? This is hilarious more than it is bad. Very low expectations going forward.
@Softhenic03
Couldn't have said it any better.
Apr 8, 9:27 PM

Sep 2018
The absolute state of shoujo anime recently lol, at least Natsume Yuujinchou is getting another season IIRC, far better than this wattpad fantasy shit.
Apr 9, 9:32 AM
Feb 2022
Having high hopes for this romcom for this spring season let’s see where this two take me
Apr 9, 6:07 PM

Sep 2018
This feels a bit like KimiZero with the genders reversed: conventionally attractive person A has dated lots of people on a quest of looking for true love, conventionally lame person B has never been in a relationship. The two exchange about five words once, which leads to the other one developing a crush and the start of a clumsy teen relationship™. I didn't like that one and I'm not really feeling this shoujo-esque rendition either, so I'll be out for now... Also, the pacing of this pilot was really jumpy and unnatural.
Apr 9, 8:01 PM
Mar 2015
1st episode going out because she wants to know what it is like to fall in love
Apr 9, 11:42 PM

Jul 2021
lol they made more preogress in one episode than most animes do in 12.

thoroughly enjoyed it. looking forward to more!

@Pustul any idea what other animes started with an umbrella expect angel anime?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 11, 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
it doesnt look good so far xD
Apr 11, 12:44 PM

Mar 2015
Reply to Softhenic03
Sexiest guy in town.. a very oblivious, plain looking, one who doesn’t know the way of the world kind of girl, and then the next thing you see… they are already going out, for reasons even unknown to god. Female self-insertion at its peak lol.

I mean this wasn’t even laughable, the guy just got dumped by a girl who was as unimportant as, it seems, the logic in this series, and then some snowing in the background, some umbrella stuff, and dude literally went and proposed to the main girl the next day… what? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? No the main question is, why? He handsome right, so if it was some pussy he wanted he would’ve gotten it anyways, why this roundabout way?

The pair seems so out of ordinary, that even the main girl is surprised over the sequence of events. Throwing some cheesy lines like “I did this for you”, won’t make for the stupid stuff we watched for the better part of this episode.

This guy is the perfect guy of the modern world who can make the girls wet… he’s good looking, he’s tall, he’s toxic.. just missing the beard. Again self-insertion at its peak lol.

“I’ll do anything as long as it is for you and makes you smile”. Lmaoooo, dude who passed the k-drama script here? This is hilarious more than it is bad. Very low expectations going forward.
@Softhenic03 Think I've gotta agree with this take. An absolutely ridiculous premise...and I found nothing about these first 2 episodes funny.

DROPPED.
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓾 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽.

"ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕪!" - 𝕂𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕝𝕖; 𝕃𝔸 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥
Apr 11, 1:24 PM

Dec 2016
CHATGPT Write me a love story:

Start up with a snowy background and some toybox music. But don't make it too blatantly a ripoff from Kanon. Create a monotone boring guy that doesn't understand human emotions. Make him a hot guy so that way all the girls think he's a great catch despite him having zero brains. Make the guy love the very first girl that gets on his face after he dumped another girl. Insert the most cliched "lost item" search in romance shows. Make the new girl fall in love with him because he found something she didn't even think it was that important. Draw me the profits.
Apr 11, 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
very cute, there always has to be an anime like this to calm my little heart
Apr 12, 2:17 PM
Sep 2021
wow I'm in love with this series already! Nice first episode. love the characters too!
Apr 13, 5:32 AM
Aug 2022
surprising but good
Apr 13, 6:00 AM
Apr 2019
I'm not really enjoying this so far.
The mmc seems totally dull and i don't see why he randomly would fall for someone holding her umbrella over his head after a break up and then creepily asks her out the next day and seems very pushy. So fast paced for no reason??
Why would she suddenly, right in ep 1, start to fall in love with him when she never cared about it. Nothing special really happened. No idea.
The fmc looks pretty young while he is 5m tall and looks like he's about to go to uni.

𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐄
Apr 13, 6:44 PM
Apr 2024
good goood gooooood gooood
Apr 14, 10:22 AM
Jul 2014
Keen to see how things unfold. Though the pace probably could be more clearly shown with speechless cutscene transitions (like a video collage) of their various interactions etc.
Apr 14, 1:53 PM

Jul 2011
It's a first ep ffs, why do we have all that forced drama all of a sudden? Cringe show...
And without any proper introduction of characters why should audience even care about their 'feelings'?
Meh, definitely not my cup of tea..
Apr 19, 3:44 AM
Sep 2021
An interesting series, the emotions are hitting. But this show needs more.
Apr 20, 9:02 PM

Jan 2023
I think I need to buy umbrella now. Kidding aside, the first episode is fine and the girl's pov is same with what I am thinking. When he tried to look for the pin and called her, what if she didn't come if I were the girl I would be so guilty if I made someone sick.
Apr 24, 6:09 PM

Jul 2022
Hananoi-kun is really creeping me out, but I guess he gets a pass because it is anime and he's an ikemen dude. I'm hoping this show will trend towards Hotaru actually helping Hananoi realize his issues and helps resolve them. I'm not sure why but it annoys me seeing how acts of kindness by females are automatically assumed by some to show interest in the male.
Apr 27, 8:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Watched this just because of Hanakana and hoo-boy that bakayaro yelling is sure hitting the right spot to me 🧎

Besides that, so far this is looking unfortunately pretty mid. Visual with 3dg background really not astonishing, and the fact this is shojo romance, i must say its not reaching my appealing standard.

But even i can hold on the weak ground when my queen have a main role. Like Hananoi-kun level of simpness, as same as the gorilla isekai matter, i may watch this till the end...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 28, 12:14 PM
Feb 2024
This dude is so creepy.
Apr 28, 12:43 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Reply to luinthoron
@Strossen
Strossen said:

I'm honestly amazed by how many people manage to misread him like this... You are of course right about him being emotionally damaged, but he's certainly not dangerous, manipulative or cruel. Nor is the anime trying to romanticize this - quite the opposite, it shows very clearly how disturbing his behaviour seems to Hotaru and his own part of the story seems pretty clearly to be set up to be about him overcoming this lack of self-worth and learning to appreciate himself as an actual person and not just a vehicle for making his partner happy.
@luinthoron I think Hananoi is rather interesting to follow but this was always gonna have criticism all over it for its start (people will inevitably take him at face value), was doomed from the get-go, the bad animation doesn't help either.
Apr 28, 1:56 PM
Jun 2014
I feel like Hananoi isn't that different to lot of other Male MC's i seen on romance tbh. Dudes just more open about it and not monologuing in his head.
Apr 29, 7:14 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Seeing this show's drastic decline from about a 7.3 to a current 7.0 has compelled me to take a look at it. At the beginning of the season it had plenty of people trying to watch it, and now.. I don't know. But that's what I'm going to find out. As a connoisseur of shows that go wrong somewhere, I can't avoid it.

The setup is pretty shoujo, can't deny. We have the girl who lives life in neutral, and a guy whose charms naturally attract attention. The bun they shared at lunch looked yummy, leave it to anime to make appetizing food. Let her spit about the dude needing to look out for himself a little bit more though. I can understand and respect the commitment, but when your hands are turning red and you're straight up soaked in snow over that one head piece.. a little too much effort being put in there. Suppose there are good intentions, and I know why he's doing it though.

It was a sweet little moment for them to exchange accessories at the end of the day, letting them wipe away the tension before the episode could come to a close. Three cheers to confessing love instead of prolonging it too long like certain franchises of previous seasons.
Apr 29, 7:19 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Twintail_Daemon
Seeing this show's drastic decline from about a 7.3 to a current 7.0 has compelled me to take a look at it. At the beginning of the season it had plenty of people trying to watch it, and now.. I don't know. But that's what I'm going to find out. As a connoisseur of shows that go wrong somewhere, I can't avoid it.

The setup is pretty shoujo, can't deny. We have the girl who lives life in neutral, and a guy whose charms naturally attract attention. The bun they shared at lunch looked yummy, leave it to anime to make appetizing food. Let her spit about the dude needing to look out for himself a little bit more though. I can understand and respect the commitment, but when your hands are turning red and you're straight up soaked in snow over that one head piece.. a little too much effort being put in there. Suppose there are good intentions, and I know why he's doing it though.

It was a sweet little moment for them to exchange accessories at the end of the day, letting them wipe away the tension before the episode could come to a close. Three cheers to confessing love instead of prolonging it too long like certain franchises of previous seasons.
@Twintail_Daemon
They just dont really understand what is a pretty obvious plot direction and meaning trying to be conveyed.
May 1, 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
I've seen my fair share of this genre and this one is too generic and dull. Tropish charactars and boring story.
I don't think this is a parody so the excessive use of tropes really annoyed me.

There are tons of better shows so i'll drop this
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - 12 hours ago

13 by Landonime »»
2 hours ago

» Give it more time, It will shine

mohamed_ashraf - May 3

26 by Benedito29 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

51 by Twintail_Daemon »»
May 14, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

65 by Twintail_Daemon »»
May 14, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

77 by Twintail_Daemon »»
May 14, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.