Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 3:14 PM
Jun 2020
BEST ROMANCE EVER
Mar 30, 3:14 PM
Feb 2023
Kylixer said:
Avianah said:
Doesn't happen often when after completing an anime you have one of those sit in silence moments and ponder what else is there to do with life now. A sense of ultimate satisfaction, calmness and completion.

I’m feeling the same way right now honestly. I’m just looking outside my window with a sense of satisfaction, but also a lingering emptiness wondering if another romance will be able to make me feel all these emotions again. Either way, I’m glad I was able to experience this show and see it till the very end

yeah, that's such a nivel feeling. Got it yesterday with Frieren and today with bokuyaba. What a pieces of art both series
Mar 30, 3:17 PM

Sep 2022
Isami123 said:
@Kast2
There were only 5 months between volume 9 and volume 10.
Volume 9 release date: 2023/11/08
Volume 10 release date: 2024/04/08
Volume 11 should release before the end of the year (I'm guessing November or December based on the release cycles to date) and volume 12 before summer 2025 (April or May).

Volume 8 was released on 2023/03/08, just before Season 1 started airing. Season 2 was announced on June 17 and aired less than 6 months later.

Why would volume release intervals and production times double all of a sudden?

I wanted to write 2 volumes and not 1. However, as you said, by mid-2025 we will have the necessary material, and from there they will potentially be able to start with the production of the third season which will require at least a minimum of 1 year, and therefore have the third season by mid-2026. I don't think there are studios that start production before having the necessary material.

Mar 30, 3:28 PM

May 2015
One of the most beautiful end I've ever seen.

I'll miss this anime so much, it was so feeling...
Mar 30, 3:40 PM

Jul 2022
Loved this episode and loved this anime, undoubtedly the best of the season.

The confession was beautiful, and the development of Ichikawa and Yamada in this season is incredible. I don't have words to define it, and what better way to end it than with the opening theme of the first season.

One of the best romance anime of recent times, and I hope the manga progresses to see a third season.
Mar 30, 3:51 PM

May 2016
Probably the best romcom I ever watched, maybe I shouldn't call it a romcom, cause how deep it hit with everything they tried to express. 9/10
I don't think S3 will be this good, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it.
Mar 30, 3:55 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Already here at the finale man, at this time last year we were seeing this amazing show for the first time and now we’re at the end of the 2nd season, it’s been another banger, and giving how I gave the 1st season a 10/10 of course I gotta do the same with this one as many may argue it was even better but imo it was perfectly on par, yes that includes the humble beginnings because imo you gotta have that for the later stuff to be so good. That being said tho, what a great final episode this was, it started kinda wild with Ichikawa being hidden under Yamada’s blanket and listening in on the girls talk, and it got close and personal there for a second but the lucky bastard ended up getting out of there undiscovered.

And the next day was when the big thing happened, when interrogating Yamada about the audition we also got a confession from Ichikawa, very well timed for sure, both full of tears in their eyes with Ichikawa speaking from the heart. Yamada didn’t get her side of the confession in yet but she did get to go to the audition after all with the help of Ichikawa and Chihiro, and not long after that we got that amazing scene in the library, a place where so many great times occurred. Yamada got her confession in and with that they are finally an actual couple, I wasn’t sure if it would happen here but it is a great time for it, it’s just a shame we’re here at the end and don’t get to revel in it for at least an episode lol. And then we were graced by Season 1’s OP, took me right back to where we started nearly a year ago.

But yeah man, great spot to end on and another phenomenal season. Every episode seemed like it was trying to one-up the one before it which made for such good ends to my Saturdays, and this last episode was no exception. And they chose another amazing OP and ED combo for this season, I honestly can’t pick whether I like this season or the first season’s more but I know they’re all bangers. And lastly thank you Shin-Ei Animation for making two 10/10 seasons, really loved them both, and hopefully one day a 3rd is possible. And now my Winter 2024 is basically done with one short anime to go, shows like this one really made it for me.
TheColonel76Mar 30, 4:03 PM
Mar 30, 4:01 PM
Jun 2023
So bad that this masterpiece is over im gonna swallow the manga now
Mar 30, 4:04 PM
Oct 2021
had me waitin every week for the next episode, very sad that this was the last episode for now. hope s3 gets out quick cuz i cant wait to see more. definitely my fav anime of this season
Mar 30, 4:05 PM

Mar 2020
We witnessed PEAK FICTION here today, that's all I really have to say. These two have come such a long way, and the pay-off was amazing. Tears were shed, and I came out of it smiling.
Mar 30, 4:18 PM
Aug 2020
Yataaaaaaa

I love them so so so much

This season was wonderful, so many emotions.

We really saw them growing together, it was so nice to watch that.

9/10

I’m lover, please don’t blame me…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 30, 4:23 PM

Aug 2014
Very nice confession episode. Atmosphere was amazing. Although I found it unnecessary for him to be crying in this episode, and TWICE at that.

But I did not like at all how the male MC in this season 02 just didnt have a life outside the female MC. She is all he talked about and thought about

And the female MC wasnt as adorable this season 02 as in season 01. In season 01 she was cute, while this season 02 she was not that appealing.

Its a shame that this was the final episode. They should have given us one more final episode or one OVA/special episode, with them doing silly stuff as a couple for a more definitive satisfying conclusion to the whole anime.

I dont need a season 03 but ill watch it

And yes, this anime (both seasons combined since they are the same), is one of the greatest romcoms animes of all time. Although I guess this anime is more of a dramedy (like Toradora and Golden Time) instead of mostly a romcom.
oooo3333Mar 30, 4:47 PM
Mar 30, 4:24 PM

Oct 2014
Raizel said:
Probably the best romcom I ever watched, maybe I shouldn't call it a romcom, cause how deep it hit with everything they tried to express. 9/10
I don't think S3 will be this good, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it.

All i can say is that the next arc we are still in to watch more Chadkawa moments.

If and when S3 comes out, the first episode will be another banger.

Here to hoping that we dont get any delays with the manga release so we can get enough content.
Mar 30, 4:29 PM

Aug 2014
That was a very weird way that Chii crossed the street to give Yamada some items around the 13 minutes mark (if youre watching on HiDive). Like she made sure to cross the street properly while there were absolutely no cars around instead of just crossing the street directly to reach Yamada.
Mar 30, 4:32 PM
Aug 2020
Masterpiece! Nice and simple on the confessions, no fanfare or extreme situations, just like in real life! ***Chef's Kiss***
War never changes...
Mar 30, 4:34 PM

Apr 2023
The Dangers in My Heart got me feeling like I'm back in high school again, normally there is no reliving your first experience with love but after having watched this show there just might be a way for the romantics to at least reminisce.

Mar 30, 4:34 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Avianah
Doesn't happen often when after completing an anime you have one of those sit in silence moments and ponder what else is there to do with life now. A sense of ultimate satisfaction, calmness and completion.
@Avianah I have an idea, read the manga! The story doesnt end here! But yeah, it will take a long time to find such a fulfilling story, last time was Fruits Basket S3 for me.
War never changes...
Mar 30, 4:40 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Itzbouncy
@KANLen09 Does it though? Their is only really one section of the manga in volume 9 that I would love to see animated. after volume 8 has concluded in the anime. I wont spoil it but you know what im talking about if your caught up to the manga. I would not want another season. This was a perfect ending for the pair.
@Itzbouncy You know, I agree unless the mangaka proves us wrong. There is that SCENE in manga which is incredible but other than that its still good but nowhere near until chapter 113, if I was the mangaka and the studio I'd make a movie or a 30-40 minute OVA to cover some chapters until the SCENE and end it there, its the perfect ending. That said, there's something telling me that we might be getting a bittersweet ending in the end. Im not saying anything here because of spoilers but it has to do with schools. You know what I mean. If that's true then S3 should be made.
War never changes...
Mar 30, 4:49 PM
Nov 2021
The great result of all the great work that was done in these great 2 seasons
Mar 30, 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG, I THOUGHT IT COULD NOT TURN MORE LOVELY...I'M SO WRONGGGGG
AHHHHHHHHHHH THEY FINALLY TOLD EACH OTHER <3 <3 <3
I NEED ANOTHER SEASON!!!!

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Mar 30, 4:50 PM
Aug 2022
What an ending! Fell in love with this series from episode 1 season 1 all the way until episode 13 of season 2. Every week eagerly waiting for the next episode, and actually physically smiling throughout each and every single on of them!
The Dangers in My Heart truly is the first anime that actually made me squeal (how embarrassing and rare I find it for myself, since I've pretty much only watched romance animes)

I hope to see a season 3 announcement soon, but read here and there that the anime caught up with most of the still publishing manga.
I managed to wait between seasons 1 and 2, so I'll be all in it for the third when it's announced!
I haven't read the manga, I'm an anime enjoyer. And I will for sure read the manga.

Now it's time to start missing these episode each week, and will feel hollow from now on. Stay strong soldiers.
Mar 30, 4:52 PM

Jul 2020
We finally got some top tier confessions to conclude this amazing season. I like how they started off a little lighter with Ichikawa trying to escape the girls room, but how that messed with their thoughts even more leading to the wonderful climax. Their endless awkward yet charming actions have made this show such a joy, and the fact that they are tearful when confessing is the perfect representation of this. It really goes to show just how much Ichikawa cares for Yamada in how he priorities getting her to her audition over everything else, and how in a sense his confession was to allow her to go without feeling selfish. I'm glad they concluded the way their relationship started - in the library - as it really rounded out the sense of finality well. The messed up attempt at a kiss was perfect too. We even got to hear Yorushika again which was a treat. I'm very sad this show is over as it truly has been some of the most enjoyable, wholesome romance in a while but boy was it fun while it lasted. I doubt we will get a season three given the ending and the track record with romance anime but hey if it happens I will 100% be there for it.
Mar 30, 4:56 PM
Jan 2020
ABSOLUTE CINEMA
ROMANCE ANIME HAS REVIVED
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

May 2021

What a way to end the season.

This anime is one of the most beautiful I've seen recently, not only does it present you with a beautiful and realistic love (within the standards of the average anime, obviating the typical cliché romcom scenes) but also a way to love yourself.

Seeing the development of ichikawa, who went from being an edgy creep to a person capable of seeing life in a different way, is simply beautiful. I remember that many people criticized BokuYaba in its beginnings (it barely had a 7 in MAL) because ichikawa was disgusting, but that's how adolescence really is, disgusting, but also one of the most beautiful stages of our lives.

Ichiwaka learned to love himself by loving someone else, by loving yamada he was able to see the world in a different color, he was able to realize that school can be a beautiful place, where you can deal with other people and love them. Yamada learned the same thing, it was through ichikawa that she discovered that she was capable of more and how much she loved her surroundings.

I loved this season from beginning to end, and i look forward to a 3rd season.
10/10

(excuse my english, it's not my native language)
Mar 30, 4:59 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to IzanaSolos
Everything since that first episode has led to this moment.

On the final day of the school trip, there's an audition for the drama version of Your Color's Octave which happens to fall on the same day. Yamada, thinking of Ichikawa, considers giving up auditioning for the beloved production. Upon learning this, Ichikawa resolves to meet and talk with Yamada. However, for some reason, he now finds himself tightly nestled with Yamada in the girls' room under the blankets. If anyone else finds out, it'll cause a huge commotion. Can Ichikawa safely escape this desperate situation?

Phew, okay. I'll take this. It's a funny moment with a very silly payoff that gets Ichikawa out of there. It sets up that she wants a chance to give a proper response later. And that response indeed was a great one. Ichikawa said the thing. The fact that Ichikawa can just tell by her mannerisms and voice that she isn’t enjoying herself says a lot about how he can read her body language. She's cried before plenty of times, but the look when he takes her mask is on a new level of despair for her.

And not only did Ichikawa confess, but YAMADA DID TOO. YES! SHE DID IT! HE DID IT! THEY DID IT! LET'S GOOOOOOO! The fact that this series gets not one, but TWO confessions to properly highlight the effect these two have on each other and have them reflect on that, as they both break into tears is just... so good. And the awkward attempt at a kiss failing only for her to casually smooch him on the cheek and go "We did it!" was the cherry on top. I love the continuing theme of "don't wish good luck, because it'll be okay". It's such a small thing, but for some reason it just hits.

You love to see it, it only took 25 episodes and two seasons for the main couple to get together. UNHEARD OF. Congratulations to Kyotaro Ichikawa and Anna Yamada!

Playing Ataryo's first OP, as we see everything that's led up to this big moment. What a season.

There won't be a season 3 for a while, sadly, seeing as there are only like 30 chapters to adapt, so in the meanwhile you can start on Volume 8, Chapter 113.

@IzanaSolos The first OP was by Yorushika, not Aratayo
Mar 30, 5:04 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ZMUTANT
Will we have any new season or its material ended?
@ZMUTANT not anytime soon as only 30 somewhat ch left so the best case would be winter26 i say but given the Popularity of the anime dont count out an ova anytime in next year
Mar 30, 5:05 PM
Jun 2023
The Peak in My Heart holy oh my goodness this show is too incredible.
I didn't even like romance stories, but has easily cemented its place as one my favorite shows of all time
Mar 30, 5:10 PM
Mar 2020
peak romcom, made me cry would cry again
Mar 30, 5:14 PM
Apr 2023
Man i just loved it, this episode was the perfect conclusion after these two seasons. Easily one of my best Rom-com i ever saw.
Mar 30, 5:27 PM
Feb 2021
This was a perfect ending to a perfect anime, honestly One of the best romance anime i ever watched, every single episode had u "kicking" ur feet like a girl, alot of cute wholesome Moments that made the show so incredibly perfect
The confession scene was so damn perfect it made me tear up, and i rarely tear up watching anime, this is the definition of a perfect romance anime like oregairu, they made every thing a romance anime should have
I don't know if a season 3 is dropping, but honestly if it just ended with season 2 i wouldnt be mad, this last episode was really a masterpiece, 10/10 anime, highly recomend, no episode is boring
MASTERPIECE

Mar 30, 5:40 PM
Apr 2022
IT WAS MAJESTIC

I LOVE BOKUYABA SO MUCH I HAVE ALREADY WATCHED THE FINAL CHAPTER LIKE THREE TIMES AND I HAVE SEEN THE CONFESSION SCENES LIKE 5
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Sep 2018
What a show, definitely my fav romcom I've seen, it really showcased both the comedy and romance aspects about as equally brilliant, which is pretty rare IMO. 10/10.
Mar 30, 5:46 PM
Mar 2021
I've cried in every single episode because of how happy the story made me, but this one was special. I'm so happy right now that I even had to replay the two scenes over and over. This anime actually made me happy and I'm grateful with all my heart.
Mar 30, 5:49 PM
Aug 2022
Definitely a step up from the first season!
I thought this wouldn't beat The Angel next Door but damn they killed it this time.
10/10 I want a 3rd season!
Mar 30, 5:51 PM
Dec 2022
Beautiful, simply beautiful. The best scene I've seen on a Romcom so far.

I finished season 1 with this anime in Number 3 of my favourite Romcoms. And now that season 2 ends it is definitely on Number 1 position and i doubt that i will ever move it from there.

Bokuyaba's been a wonderful journey ladies and gentlemen. And it was a privilege watching it alongside you.
Mar 30, 6:10 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to EzioMorte
@Itzbouncy You know, I agree unless the mangaka proves us wrong. There is that SCENE in manga which is incredible but other than that its still good but nowhere near until chapter 113, if I was the mangaka and the studio I'd make a movie or a 30-40 minute OVA to cover some chapters until the SCENE and end it there, its the perfect ending. That said, there's something telling me that we might be getting a bittersweet ending in the end. Im not saying anything here because of spoilers but it has to do with schools. You know what I mean. If that's true then S3 should be made.
@EzioMorte In my opinion we won't know for sure how good a season 3 will be until the end of Volume 12. We currently have enough for six episodes and already have two big moments.

If Volume 12 has a banger ending then S3 is a no brainer.
Mar 30, 6:11 PM

Apr 2022
most overrated show of the season comes to an end with tears in the last episode eh. more generic school stuff with visuals just as bland as the previous season. ichikawa is still cringe, but at least not as much as at the start of s1.
Mar 30, 6:13 PM

Feb 2020
"This is... how we... fell in love."
*Setting Sun by Yorushika starts playing as the SUN SETS*
ABSOLUTE CINEMA.

THE EPISODE IVE BEEN WAITING FOR EVER SINCE I READ THE MANGA HAS FINALLY COME. IM SO... 😭 SO FUCKJNG HAPPY. IM SO HAPPY FOR THEM

God, the anime amped up the feelings in this scene and the whole anime in general SO MUCH. The masterful direction by the director really turned this simple romance anime into something special. I've seen a lot of romance anime and I think almost nothing can top this show the way it did to my heart. Only one I can think of at the top of my head rn would probably be Saekano or Kaguya-sama. Truly, one of the best confession scenes I've ever seen. Now, go read the manga everyone, it's great too! There won't be a season 3 as there aren't enough chapters for that, so I highly recommend anyone who likes the show to read the manga as well!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 6:13 PM

Nov 2010
so, Yamada needs sweets as fuel.

kuroneko99 said:
Miss boyfriend and Ichikawa have kind of similar vibes.
they are like twins.

kuroneko99 said:
The card at the left-bottom says "??? days to the kiss scene".
The promise has been fulfiled, after a fashion.

Part of the episode was like a bright version of Evangelion ep.26. cringey.
kuroneko99Mar 30, 6:41 PM
Mar 30, 6:15 PM
Aug 2021
Very beautiful ending, very cute, one of my top 3 Romance. each Ep was a good ep even if nothing happened.
Mar 30, 6:18 PM

May 2022
it was so peak i bawled my eyes out. 10/10 pinnacle of romance
Mar 30, 6:21 PM
Dec 2023
This show is peak. No other anime out there will depict middle school love as good as this one.

The character development of MC was also great.
Mar 30, 6:38 PM
Nov 2019
As the meme says, "it was perfect."
Mar 30, 6:45 PM
Apr 2022
Oh my god I love romance anime that actually goes somewhere. I love romance anime in general, but most of them get stuck right before someone should probably confess and never move past it. Very good ending, hoping for another season!
Mar 30, 6:51 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to OrielBel
@EzioMorte In my opinion we won't know for sure how good a season 3 will be until the end of Volume 12. We currently have enough for six episodes and already have two big moments.

If Volume 12 has a banger ending then S3 is a no brainer.
@OrielBel Yeah, its gonna be at least 2 to 3 years until S3 (if there is one) but yet again, if they decide to stop here Im perfectly fine. Yes, I want to see the SCENE animated with music (obviously, its all about the music) but S2 set the bar way too high, something we, manga readers, already knew.
War never changes...
Mar 30, 7:04 PM
Mar 2024
It's a perfection
Mar 30, 7:18 PM

Sep 2015
Here I am, A grown man crying at the end of episode 13. This season was amazing and the ending was beautiful.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 30, 7:24 PM

Sep 2023
Kyoutarou finally confesses!! And he gives Anna what she wanted most... tons of snacks! And his blessing for her to go to the audition of course. She says it back at the end of the episode, even more powerfully, what a finale!!

Definitively my favorite anime of winter 2024! I almost didn't watch the first season after reading the synopsis, thank god, I did, this is peak everything! And this was even better than s1, all the small moments and cute interactions between them made the build up to the confession perfect. Add to that, the incredible art, animation, music, direction (with the use of those karte), ... a perfect 10!
Mar 30, 7:41 PM
Jul 2021
it's fxxking peak!
Mar 30, 7:49 PM

Nov 2009
Sublime.

Now I can catch up on the manga.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM

» Anime Recommendations like Bokuyaba

Htun__ - Apr 5

43 by Playcool »»
May 3, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 20

169 by Playcool »»
Apr 30, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.