Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 20, 2023 5:28 PM
Jul 2021
Is t likely to get a second season?
May 20, 2023 6:59 PM

Apr 2022
yamada and ichikawa's moms in the picture. second episode in a row with a rain scene and some more yamada and ichikawa moments at his house.
May 20, 2023 7:21 PM
Apr 2023
Happy they got to cover some of my favorite chapters from the manga this well!
May 20, 2023 7:23 PM

Nov 2010
  • Miss boyfriend and Ichikawa have kind of similar vibes.
  • No wonder a beautiful girl has a beautiful mother.
  • Although Ichikawa treats his older sister roughly, she is cute and nice.
  • The scene Yamada scurried to Ichikawa's mom was rendered well as an animation.

May 20, 2023 7:49 PM
Mar 2015
She caught her cold from you Baka
May 20, 2023 7:54 PM
Apr 2021
What happened in this episode is what I've been waiting for between Yamada and Ichikawa. Hopefully in the next episodes a lot of romantic things will happen between them
May 20, 2023 8:21 PM
May 2021
such a cute episode!! my favorite one so far i think. how yamada just hugged ichikawa and put him in bed when he fell asleep on her was so cute. excited for next week
My 2023 candies:
May 20, 2023 8:26 PM

Feb 2011
Yamada giving ichikawa the boob hug! Yooo man is mad lucky

Their chemistry is so damn cute, i love it. Another fantastic episode.

May 20, 2023 8:29 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Swagernator said:
Heey, the unexpected appearance of wild moms is here, and some of them are ... are ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), its also good to see that Ichikawa's mom approves of the two, a good mom that one.

The duo is pretty much a thing already, Yamada is pretty much there, Ichikawa almost.

Hell yeah, bring on the mommas!
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
May 20, 2023 8:36 PM
Jan 2022
aw man the diabetes are strong this episode. and I'm all ready for it
May 20, 2023 11:15 PM
Jan 2023
This show in general is just too cute
May 20, 2023 11:26 PM
Sep 2020
Another week of saying this anime is so UNDERRATED.....
May 20, 2023 11:40 PM
Jun 2022
imagine being so much embarrassed that you start counting prime numbers instead of naturals. 😭😭😂
May 20, 2023 11:52 PM

Jul 2021
ahhhhhhhh this is so damn cute eeeeee. loved this episode. already rating this 9/10. great great episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 20, 2023 11:54 PM

Jun 2010
It seemed like episode 7 skipped a bunch of chapters but all of thoswe were all in this episode; I wonder if this was supposed to be episode 7 but wasn't ready in time.

I also noticed the upper teeth of the characters would sometimes look a little cartoony. It was like that all the time in Mitsudomoe but I don't think it's happened very often in this show.

Chii's crepe looked very strange; it looked like she has halved limes (with the peel!) with the usual cream! Is this a visual gag?

I was expecting the scene where Kyoutaro doesn't realize he called Yamada pretty to be played up more but it didn't happen.

Mcsuper said:
"Karte" also symbolizes the process of getting "cured" from chuunibyou from what I heard.

The Japanese language borrowed "karte" from German, where it means much the same as the English "chart", but in Japanese it specifically means "medical chart". It might imply Kyoutarou is undergoing "treatment" for his gloomy and isolated attitude, or a reference to his playacting about being a deranged killer.
FronzelMay 21, 2023 12:02 AM
May 20, 2023 11:57 PM
Apr 2023
TasoM said:
By faaaaar the best episode so far, and it will only get better. Finally we are past the bad start. 

What part about the start is bad? I'm loving every second of this show
May 21, 2023 12:39 AM
Jun 2011
Mcsuper said:
angel1309 said:
wait what is that karte thing? i always just ignore the screen 💀

"Karte" refers to the episode number kind of, and it always shows up during the most important scene of the episode. "Karte" also symbolizes the process of getting "cured" from chuunibyou from what I heard.
"Karte" is also a german word, meaning "card", as in Postkarte (post card). I'm pretty sure it can also be losely translated to "insert frame", which is what is done each episode. That card gets inserted into the flow of animation frames, stating some kind of message (or is that the title of the episode?).
May 21, 2023 12:48 AM

Oct 2016
Oh my God, this episode was so adorable. This is indeed the dangers in my heart, now where's my fucking insulin. 

You know Yamada really loves Ichikawa when she willingly gave away her Strawberry Bavarian Cream.

This shit is peak, I cannot wait for the next episode.
May 21, 2023 1:13 AM

Sep 2018
I'm glad they dropped that whole "killing" thing tbh, even if it was pretty funny, I can't get enough of this adorableness between these two personalities and their ever increasing development as classmates into friends (into?). May just be my AOTS.

Just can't get enough of those karte scenes either, with the gorgeous soundtrack to compliment. Anyone know any other anime that does something similar?
GakutoDeathGlareMay 21, 2023 1:20 AM
May 21, 2023 1:31 AM
Aug 2022
Beautiful Episode, Probably the best episode so far.
May 21, 2023 1:34 AM

Oct 2012
Fronzel said:
It seemed like episode 7 skipped a bunch of chapters but all of thoswe were all in this episode; I wonder if this was supposed to be episode 7 but wasn't ready in time.

The Japanese language borrowed "karte" from German, where it means much the same as the English "chart", but in Japanese it specifically means "medical chart". It might imply Kyoutarou is undergoing "treatment" for his gloomy and isolated attitude, or a reference to his playacting about being a deranged killer.
This is not how it works, every episode is written and planned months before production. The anime is basically changing the flow of the series, improving it a lot over the manga.
It's also changing things to add more depth to their relation, ie. the scene where the picture he gave her in episode 3 fell on the ground and he realized he loves her was anime original bit to empower whole situation.
And here in this episode they linked the scene where Moeko grabbed Yamada's boobs and whole explanation (she minds) with later scene where Ichikawa buried his face into her breasts (she doesn't really mind) to portray how close they are.

Additionally, whole killer thing was most likely just a bait to get people to watch this series. It's red herring. That and his chuuni fantasies of detective stories lover. It's not like he plans anything anyway, it's bascially to show how his world opens and how he steps out of his inner shell.

Also karte is used from psychological perspective here. It an observation of studied subject with aim to create his personality profile.
Ofc, it's sort of introspection as Ichikawa is basically studying himself.
May 21, 2023 1:38 AM
Apr 2023
GakutoDeathGlare said:
I'm glad they dropped that whole "killing" thing tbh, even if it was pretty funny, I can't get enough of this adorableness between these two personalities and their ever increasing development as classmates into friends (into?). May just be my AOTS.

Just can't get enough of those karte scenes either, with the gorgeous soundtrack to compliment. Anyone know any other anime that does something similar?
You will know why that happen in this season.

It's not unreasonable.
May 21, 2023 1:51 AM
Aug 2017
Literally the recipe on how to make a cute and wholesome rom-com. Really the thing that sells it the most is how present Yamada is. It's obvious how she feels towards Ichikawa and that's without a doubt the cutest part of it all. Romance is built around tension between the main characters and it has some of the most compelling tension I've seen, really.

So good to follow the anime and manga release every week.
Salmon is really the fish of all time.
May 21, 2023 2:08 AM
Feb 2022
i think this woud be good hentai
May 21, 2023 2:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really cute, and Yamada is already getting along with Kyou's mother ahah
May 21, 2023 3:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, the series is such a tease ~ 

Ichikawa's mother and Yamada's meeting was too entertaining. Yamada in tears after hearing Ichikawa recovered the next day and then "coincidentally" appearing in front of his place is just too adorable. It's going places, isn't it? Isn't it? 

There better some concrete development by the end and/or a 2nd season has to come!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 21, 2023 3:30 AM

Dec 2015
Eyyyyy Ichikawa landet the jackpot in this episode but unfortunately he doesn't even remember it xD Awwwww Yamada gave him her own pudding :D He better give her back that candy his mom gave her to make up for it (especially since she has a sore throat now)!
May 21, 2023 3:37 AM

Feb 2020
She is SO totally in love with him. His rizz is immaculate
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2023 5:06 AM
Jul 2021
Did anyone else notice that Anna changed his pants too? Before collapsing, he was wearing white/blue striped pants. In the scene where he wakes up and opens the note, the pants are solid blue
May 21, 2023 5:17 AM

Oct 2012
Azriel-chan said:
i think this woud be good hentai
Rule 34, Pixiv and you wish will be granted.

Specifically:
artworks/104211658
artworks/107823595
artworks/103183865
May 21, 2023 6:09 AM

Nov 2021
Aaaahhh I'm gonna catch diabetes from this. Last romance that made me feel this good was Horimiya. Best romance of the year contender imo
May 21, 2023 7:27 AM

Jun 2020
Another very cute episode that is very dangerous to my heart!

• Sneezing Ichikawa sneezing Ichikawa sneeezing Ichikawa wwoowwww
  • Titan Yamada and smol Yama really caught me off guard, I laughed really hard xD
  • Yeah that was very realistic dream... indeed...
  • I don't know man I think she is in love with him, I think they love each other but heyy who knows

Can't wait for next week~
May 21, 2023 7:58 AM

Mar 2023
another cute episode not much else to say other than i enjoyed it. im a sucker for romance and been loving this anime so far so ill give it another 10/10 once again
My Candys!

May 21, 2023 8:27 AM
May 2021
Binge watched this anime till episode 8. This anime is legit masterpiece wow. Didn't expect to enjoy it so much to the point of smiling like crazy for 3 hours straight. I think it's the first time I enjoyed a romance anime this much
May 21, 2023 8:49 AM
Sep 2021
The cute interactions of the pair ichikawa and yamada was good, really enjoying this series so far.
May 21, 2023 10:23 AM
Feb 2021
Mich666 said:
Fronzel said:

This is not how it works, every episode is written and planned months before production. The anime is basically changing the flow of the series, improving it a lot over the manga.
It's also changing things to add more depth to their relation, ie. the scene where the picture he gave her in episode 3 fell on the ground and he realized he loves her was anime original bit to empower whole situation.
And here in this episode they linked the scene where Moeko grabbed Yamada's boobs and whole explanation (she minds) with later scene where Ichikawa buried his face into her breasts (she doesn't really mind) to portray how close they are.
I disagree with the improving part. In my opinion, there were certain things in past episodes which were better handled in the manga. The manga didn't show for example Yamada sniffing Ichikawas shirt like the anime did in episode 7. Ichikawa discovering the rice grains on his shirt and Yamada's reaction to it were enough in the manga to imply what she did. In the anime, this scene immediately leads to Yamada trying to measure Ichikawas height which was a weird segway. In the manga, this was a separate short chapter with a better set-up (Ichikawa faking an illness just to measure himself and being discovered by Yamada while doing it, which was just super embarrassing). The anime adssmall details here and there in order to connect the individual manga chapters in a smoother way, but in my opinion they could be handled better, or at least less obvious.
May 21, 2023 10:26 AM
Jan 2021
TasoM said:
By faaaaar the best episode so far, and it will only get better. Finally we are past the bad start. 

what bad start are you talking about??????????
May 21, 2023 11:32 AM

Nov 2013
Didn't remember it being this cute. Gosh...
May 21, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 2022
oh this episode is straight from manga but they make it more emotional, romantic and realistic 
cant wait for next episode.. the beginning of the best part of this anime 
May 21, 2023 12:35 PM
May 2023
it's sooooooooo gooooooooooood i love this episode so much i like the studio who do that great work
May 21, 2023 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
Fronzel said:

I also noticed the upper teeth of the characters would sometimes look a little cartoony. It was like that all the time in Mitsudomoe but I don't think it's happened very often in this show.

Chii's crepe looked very strange; it looked like she has halved limes (with the peel!) with the usual cream! Is this a visual gag?

I was expecting the scene where Kyoutaro doesn't realize he called Yamada pretty to be played up more but it didn't happen.

Mcsuper said:
"Karte" also symbolizes the process of getting "cured" from chuunibyou from what I heard.

It actually means "Card" as in, title card for the episode.
May 21, 2023 1:22 PM

Jun 2010
Glordit said:
It actually means "Card" as in, title card for the episode.

The chapters of the manga are also called "Karte".
May 21, 2023 1:43 PM
May 2023
May 21, 2023 1:49 PM
Feb 2021
this chapter was the best!
May 21, 2023 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
THEY DID THE PANTS SWAP!!!! YESSSS!!!
For those missing it. He collapses with striped pants. And wakes up with his pajamas on and his pants aren't striped anymore.

This show is alwayws going at a break neck pace and there were soooo many great moments in this one!

• Yamada reminding Chi to keep an appropriate distance to Ichikawa and being jealous that she's being tutored
  • Yamada scale and adding the ears
  • Yamada meeting mama ichikawa
  • Yamada hearing that Ichikawa immediately went for her name when the mom asked "who's the beautiful girl in your class"
  • Yamada softly touching Ichikawas face and pulling it towards herself so she can see it better
  • Ichikawa racing to Yamada because he though panty linings were for periods
  • Everything about the "caught a cold" arc

My heart is content for another week. I love this show and manga so much.
ArkanietMay 21, 2023 3:05 PM
May 21, 2023 3:56 PM

May 2015
We have reached an all new peak of Yamada adorableness. 

They arent even sugarcoating things anymore, its just full on romance and I'm loving it. I'm beginning to think they might actually end up together by the end of the series. 

I'm 100% re-watching this once its finished. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 21, 2023 4:14 PM
Oct 2020
He didn't get a dream he got the real thing
May 21, 2023 4:23 PM
Jan 2021
gahh this is so cute, the animations getting prettier episode by episode.
May 21, 2023 7:06 PM
Oct 2019
This is getting too hot, I'm might getting a fever as well.
May 21, 2023 7:13 PM

Apr 2013
I AM SCREAMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, I love this plot so much and it was so cuteeeeeeee

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

282 by Nokic »»
Jun 2, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

135 by ichigo_rafi »»
May 21, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

370 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 2:44 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

23 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

255 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.