Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 11, 4:54 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Fuji TV Anime Lineup Presentation event announced a second anime season for Kotoyama's Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) manga on Monday. The official website also revealed the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and an announcement promo.

Tomoyuki Itamura (Vanitas no Karte) is returning to direct the anime. The lead cast are reprising their roles.

The first season produced by LIDENFILMS aired in 13 episodes on Fuji TV's noitaminA programming block in Summer 2022. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime and simulcast it on HIDIVE and later streamed an English dub.

Kotoyama began the supernatural romance manga in Weekly Shounen Sunday in August 2019, a year and four months after concluding Dagashi Kashi in the same magazine, and ended it on January 24. Shogakukan published the 19th volume on February 16, with the 20th and final volume scheduled for a March 18 release. Yofukashi no Uta has a cumulative 2.5 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English in July 2020 and released the 14th volume last December. The 15th volume will go on sale on Tuesday.

Synopsis
Kou Yamori is an average middle school student who struggles with grasping the complex concept of love. Because he sees little sense in surrendering to the norm, he soon stops going to school. Plagued with insomnia due to his idleness, Kou begins roaming the lonesome streets at night.

One night, Kou encounters a bizarre girl named Nazuna Nanakusa who believes that people stay awake during the night because they are dissatisfied with how they spent their day and cannot rest until they release their inhibitions. Nazuna offers to help Kou with his sleep issues and invites him over to her place, where she convinces him to share a futon with her. Feeling uncomfortable, Kou only pretends to doze off—which is when Nazuna suddenly bites his neck, revealing herself to be a vampire!

While Kou thinks the bite will turn him into a vampire, the specifics of transforming are not that simple. In order to change, he must be bitten by someone he truly loves. Ready to let go of his dreary mortal life, Kou decides on a new goal: he will fall in love with Nazuna and become a vampire himself. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Official site: https://yofukashi-no-uta.com/
Official X (Twitter): @yofukashi_pr

Source: Comic Natalie

Yofukashi no Uta 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotMar 11, 9:49 PM

Mar 11, 5:00 AM

Apr 2012
Unexpected but good news. So, who read the manga? Will we ever be able to get a full manga adaptation this way?
Mar 11, 5:06 AM

Dec 2017
Looks like the night really is not over yet boys!!
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Mar 11, 5:07 AM

Mar 2023
Oh, that's great. It didn't take long for the anime to continue after the manga ended.

Tomoyuki Itamura returns, the sound actors return and OH YES! The most beautiful night atmosphere returns.
OmarumbaMar 11, 5:13 AM
Mar 11, 5:07 AM

Jan 2017
It will be out probably in the second half of the next year but still, WE ARE SO BACK!
Mar 11, 5:09 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
Unexpected but good news. So, who read the manga? Will we ever be able to get a full manga adaptation this way?
@RobertBobert So, the first season of the anime ended at chapter 46 of the manga, and now it will be the second season. By simple calculations, it follows that it takes about 3-4 seasons of anime to get a full adaptation of manga.
Mar 11, 5:13 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Omarumba
@RobertBobert So, the first season of the anime ended at chapter 46 of the manga, and now it will be the second season. By simple calculations, it follows that it takes about 3-4 seasons of anime to get a full adaptation of manga.
@Omarumba So in order for us to see the ending of the story on screen, it has to be REALLY popular?
Mar 11, 5:23 AM

Sep 2022
Let’s gooo! This made my day!
Mar 11, 5:25 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Omarumba So in order for us to see the ending of the story on screen, it has to be REALLY popular?
@RobertBobert The work itself is quite popular in Japan, and in 2023, the manga won the 68th Shogakukan Manga Award for the shōnen category. The first season of the anime adaptation was even compared by some critics to Monogatari, with which Tomoyuki also worked.

The only question is whether or not LidenFilms, with the support of Masanori Miyake and the rest of the production staff, will take on the adaptation of the entire manga.
Mar 11, 5:33 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Omarumba
@RobertBobert The work itself is quite popular in Japan, and in 2023, the manga won the 68th Shogakukan Manga Award for the shōnen category. The first season of the anime adaptation was even compared by some critics to Monogatari, with which Tomoyuki also worked.

The only question is whether or not LidenFilms, with the support of Masanori Miyake and the rest of the production staff, will take on the adaptation of the entire manga.
@Omarumba Well, I think releasing a season of multiple courses or movies/OVAs could solve the problem. If the original manga is really that popular.
Mar 11, 5:48 AM

Oct 2022
Unexpected, I'll be waiting for the amazing atmosphere. Glad Tomoyuki is also returning.
Mar 11, 6:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hell yeah, fantastic news! I massively enjoyed the first season so I've been hoping for more since it ended. Gonna take a while, but I'm looking forward to it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 11, 6:02 AM

Jul 2021
YESSSSSSS one of my faves from 2022 <333 can't wait to watch this in a dark room again
Mar 11, 6:14 AM

Feb 2013
Reply to cyruz
Hell yeah, fantastic news! I massively enjoyed the first season so I've been hoping for more since it ended. Gonna take a while, but I'm looking forward to it.
@cyruz I was just thinking about S1 a few nights ago when Creepy Nuts' ED came up on my playlist.

Just FYI there's no way they're going to be able to top that banger.
Mar 11, 6:23 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert it would need 24 episodes at least to adapt entire manga. That being said, next arc following where season 1 ended is absolute banger. I have very high hopes for s2.
Mar 11, 6:26 AM

Dec 2013
Heck yeah! Easily one my favourite anime of the last couple years. I was actually just remembering it some days ago so it's great to see this news.
Mar 11, 6:40 AM

Apr 2015
Can't wait for more Miyuki Sawashiro as Anko.
Mar 11, 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to JagdCrab
@RobertBobert it would need 24 episodes at least to adapt entire manga. That being said, next arc following where season 1 ended is absolute banger. I have very high hopes for s2.
@JagdCrab I don't know what will happen next, but I hope it will at least keep the vibe and style of the first season.
Mar 11, 7:13 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i saw this news yesterday

THANK ALL FUCK
Mar 11, 7:22 AM

Jan 2014
It was only a matter of time, but I'm still happy. I will be able to watch amazing night backgrounds again if LIDENFILMS animating it again.
Mar 11, 7:46 AM
Soaring

Aug 2014
Let's goooo. I adore this anime.
Mar 11, 8:15 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Reply to NTAD
@cyruz I was just thinking about S1 a few nights ago when Creepy Nuts' ED came up on my playlist.

Just FYI there's no way they're going to be able to top that banger.
@NTAD You might be right but it has been done before! They have a year to come up with one! 🙏

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 11, 9:05 AM

Feb 2021
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 11, 9:21 AM
Nov 2021
Let's Gooo! 🔥🔥
Mar 11, 9:39 AM

Dec 2021
Hell fucking yeah. Bring it on!

Mar 11, 10:03 AM

Jul 2007
Haven't seen this one yet but it always looked interesting. Great to hear it got a second season! (let's hope for a complete adaptation...)
Mar 11, 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Lets fucking Goooooooooooo!!!
Mar 11, 10:20 AM
Night Owl

Sep 2022
LET'S GOOOO, they finally announced it!
Mar 11, 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
hope creepy nuts comes back for the op or ed

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Mar 11, 10:57 AM

Aug 2018
Hell yeah so excited for S2 😍
Hope we get Creepy Nuts back for the OP & ED
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Mar 11, 11:53 AM

May 2021
Hopefully the story won't be ruined by some cringe forced drama between Nazuna and Anko(the detective) and that it will be fun like the first season.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 11, 11:57 AM

Dec 2015
:D well that was an unexpected and pleasant surprise! i figured it would take till '25 for this one to get another Season. well... it is early in the 'year' so i guess a Summer '24 (like S1 was in Summer '22) release isn't impossible... but i doubt it will happen that soon.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 11, 12:03 PM

Jun 2023
Hope they get Creepy Nuts back on the OP or ED, their songs really made the experience a whole lot better.
Mar 11, 1:45 PM
Aug 2021
LEEETSSSSSSSS GOOOOO !!!!!!!!
Mar 11, 2:24 PM
May 2023
Let’s FUKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 11, 2:32 PM

Aug 2022
Shit it has been a while finally.
Mar 11, 7:08 PM

May 2020
Very much loved the first season back then, so really glad we got a second one.

Hope the theme songs again will be a bop.
Mar 11, 7:33 PM
Aug 2022
LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!
Mar 11, 8:39 PM

Mar 2022
Im so hyped I still haven't finished the manga cause im scared too but season 2 is insane news

They better have good theme songs again creepy nuts needa come back!!
Mar 12, 9:10 PM

Aug 2010
I genuinely didn't think this would happen. Hopefully this means Sunday is considering second seasons for Komi and Sleepy Princess.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 13, 8:39 AM
May 2019
Hell yes! The leak on Twitter turned out to be true!
Mar 13, 2:36 PM

Feb 2022
Awesome news. So happy for fans.
Mar 17, 4:34 AM
May 2019
Reply to malvarez1
I genuinely didn't think this would happen. Hopefully this means Sunday is considering second seasons for Komi and Sleepy Princess.
@malvarez1 Komi would be the third season and I think it's highly possible.
Mar 24, 12:00 AM

Oct 2017
Real good stuff in upcoming chapters.
Mar 24, 12:09 AM

Aug 2020
I hope smoker lady gets more screen time. She's half the reason I started watching in the first place.
Watch Gunsmith Cats!!!!
Mar 24, 12:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, I thought I left a message here but guess not, too important to pass...

Celebrated this with a friend irl for a change, lol. Really pleased to see this getting green-lit, it was almost getting to the point where no sequel would come and get left behind by the driving industry.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

3 by Rinrinka »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Announces Additional Cast Pair, 1-Hour Premiere

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
Today, 6:51 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Today, 5:36 AM

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.