Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 9, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Kyoutarou's promotion to a new class almost feels like a new life with new classmates.

While his life changed somewhat, the relationship between him and Anna still remains generally the same. Not going to lie, I like the casual blue outfits this episode. Makes everyone look sporty but also gives a more relaxed look around school.
Mar 9, 8:57 AM

May 2020
Don’t know but back in the day, there used to be a defined hairstyle for students in school, moreover in middle schools, but guess students of this school are free to go with whatever they want lol. I mean look at those students from Yamada and Ichikawa’s new class lol. Though everything aside, good thing they ended up in the same class… all of them.

Loved the awkwardness between Yamada and Ichikawa throughout the while they were in the class, I mean not for Ichikawa, but Yamada has to calm her instincts down. Otherwise, if the girls of this class got an air about them being close to each other, they’d hold a PUBLIC CEREMONY lmaoooo…

… so, please be on your toes. And no nasty stuff under the desk. By the way, I pray Ichikawa would’ve grown, even if by a centimetre, though he has so fine, but man, we were having a moment there, with Ichikawa even referring Yamada as Anna, and then that curtain thing, but.. but, then blonde girl has to come smh. She should learn to give space to others.

Though I guess, that suuuuper formal letter from Yamada would've done the thing anyways. As at the end of the day, that Hanzawa girl is too pure lol.
Mar 9, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
So, Andou is just like us? Lol.

Ichikawa, who has advanced to the third year. As he heads to his new class, he encounters familiar faces along with classmates like Andou Kanna and Hanzawa Yurine, each with their own unique personalities. In the classroom, Ichikawa and Yamada chat amicably, catching the sharp eye of Andou. She is a celebration-loving girl who eagerly supports and cheers on any potential couples she spots, trying to make every moment a celebration. Ichikawa is determined to guard his feelings for Yamada from being discovered, especially by Andou, no matter what.

Moe's teasing Ichikawa about his class is classic. The third-year class seems tough from the start. Moe's a great mix of mischief and matchmaker. Ichikawa's casual chat with Adachi shows how much he's grown. And the new teacher? A lively tomboy with bold brows – another favorite character! Yamada hiding behind the curtain was adorable. Hanzawa's quirks are delightful – her love for romance, worrying about last year's breakup, and still reading her elementary school book.

Looks like they've found a new library friend.

Mar 9, 8:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yosh, that's a good start, same classroom for their final year! Yamada's coverup there was hilarious and, even more surprisingly, somehow managed to work. Sekine-san's addition is great too, of course. We need the winger to be in the immediate circle, right?

Got to feel for Adachi-kun, and he's right, Ichikawa definitely drew the jackpot. Thanks for that insight, lol. Didn't get to see the pants but managed to flash his own, that's how you do a perfect reverse uno.

Interesting new homeroom teacher! Glad that the previous teacher helped the group stay intact.

God dang it, I missed what Ichikawa wrote. Was it "anata" in Hiragana? Would certainly explain the blush and whatnot. Caught red-handed, though. I thought Yamada made it worse by closing the curtain. Hanazawa-san seems like an interesting addition and is shipping the two, that's sweet of her!

@Hayuume Ah, that makes a lot more sense, lol. I thought I saw a “ta” in the end but it must’ve been just a mistaken then. Thanks for the clarification!
_MushiRock11_Mar 9, 10:14 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 9, 9:02 AM
Aug 2022
New class new classmates so much stress for our kyotaro 😂
Mar 9, 9:30 AM
Feb 2024
Yamada sense of distance issue come back again and just called Kyoutarou when he entered the new class, so you have announce your relationship to the whole class right?

And glad that that gag is not cut out, elsewhere I wanted to scream a few times during the episode.

Next episode onwards we will march to the end of this season!
Mar 9, 9:59 AM

Mar 2019
Ok, so the start of the episode up until they meet in the classroom, with her calling him Kyoutarou were the last three pages from Volume 7 that I mentioned last week.

Now into Volume 8, probably the last to be animated this season. Manga will release Volume 10 by next month, so I guess we are still a bit far from a season 3.

The scene where he considers Adachi his friend was for me the breaking point to notice how much Kyoutarou had developed in the manga, but now after re-reading it many times and watching it animated, we can see that it started to happen ways before. Still another step into his growth.

Yamada's letter at the end of the episde is so precious and one of the few moments we can actually know her feelings, since this story is basically all from Kyoutarou's perspective.

Things are ramping up and the last three episodes are super promising.
Mar 9, 10:00 AM

Mar 2019
Reply to _MushiRock11_
Yosh, that's a good start, same classroom for their final year! Yamada's coverup there was hilarious and, even more surprisingly, somehow managed to work. Sekine-san's addition is great too, of course. We need the winger to be in the immediate circle, right?

Got to feel for Adachi-kun, and he's right, Ichikawa definitely drew the jackpot. Thanks for that insight, lol. Didn't get to see the pants but managed to flash his own, that's how you do a perfect reverse uno.

Interesting new homeroom teacher! Glad that the previous teacher helped the group stay intact.

God dang it, I missed what Ichikawa wrote. Was it "anata" in Hiragana? Would certainly explain the blush and whatnot. Caught red-handed, though. I thought Yamada made it worse by closing the curtain. Hanazawa-san seems like an interesting addition and is shipping the two, that's sweet of her!

@Hayuume Ah, that makes a lot more sense, lol. I thought I saw a “ta” in the end but it must’ve been just a mistaken then. Thanks for the clarification!
@_MushiRock11_
He wrote her name, Anna - あんな
Mar 9, 10:46 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode as usual. New classrooms for the new grade, but a lot of familiar characters return alongside Ichikawa and Yamada in Class 1 (with some like Hara and Adachi being in different classes this time). Got some new eccentric faces to meet but seems like they gel well with Yamada and the rest of the girls, especially Hanzawa with her meeting with Yamada to discuss about what love truly is after she caught Yamada and Ichikawa fooling around in the library together behind the curtain. Loads of good stuff and chemistry in this episode, and the best part of the episode (a part I was waiting quite a bit to be adapted) was the letter from Yamada to Hanzawa to make sure that everything is normal since Yamada does treasure the time and closeness she is having with Ichikawa and like their meeting for White Day previously, wants to also take their relationship at their own special pace. He is someone that gets suddenly negative or afraid if something is uncomfortable or overbearing for him suddenly, like the situation with Hanzawa spotting them, so seeing Yamada realize about his shyness and anxiousness and want to awkwardly but charmingly remedy the situation with the letter was a lovely little scene (plus I love the goofy illustrations too). Also like some of the goofier, wacky scenes in the episode like with Kobayashi's crisis about whether she got held back a grade or not, or Ichikawa and Yamada hiding under a desk and Moeko catching Ichikawa in your stereotypical manga/anime 'accident', even when she was trying to be a good wingwoman to Ichikawa previously lol.

The fact that Kyotaro's voice is a bit deeper, he is taller now shows how much he has grown physically, but the fact that he was having casual conversations walking outside with Adachi and the rest of the boys he was friends with, and wanting to continue taking steps in building his confidence to be even closer to Yamada than ever, it does show how much he has grown emotionally compared to how he was at the very beginning of the series. The growth feels gradual, natural and interesting to watch as a whole, and seeing where he is now is rewarding to watch. Still got a long way to go in different areas but I continue to enjoy the progress the series is making at a pace that is natural and fitting, without feeling too dragged nor rushed for the sake of it.

Music for the episode was really good too, especially towards some of the more romantic and close moments Yamada and Ichikawa shared, and the sentimental letter scene too.
Mar 9, 10:49 AM
Jan 2024
3rd year begins.Good adaptation beautiful visiuals,new characters.Fluffy and deep moments.Standart bokuyaba
Mar 9, 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
finally its back.
the pace is really good this time.
i love the episode
Mar 9, 10:51 AM

Dec 2023
I'm now putting this show as one of my favorites. How do they make it better every episode? I know they're dragging out the confession but I enjoy each episode so much I don't care. I love that Kan-Kan has the same reaction as Ichikawa's sister when Anna gives her a nickname.
Moeko is a great wingman, but she still wants to see Ichikawa suffer.

The blonde girl Kanazawa reminds me a lot of Mashiro from Pet Girl of Sakurasou.
I hope to see her more and her character development from now on.
Mar 9, 10:52 AM

Mar 2021
Such a cute episode so happy to see that Ichikawa and Yamada have managed to stay in the same class as each other. That new girl Hanzawa is cute she sort of reminds me of Tsumugi from K-on.
Mar 9, 10:53 AM

Feb 2021
*Ichi and Yamada end up in the same class*
Me: Woo yeah baby! that's what I've been waiting for!
1:33 Amazing cut here lol. They've been doing this sometimes and I'm loving it.
That poor couple ToT. Yeah, don't force other people to date someone.
Rom-com anime seats!
I'm loving all the new characters already.
Every episode of this is a best episode, seriously.
Mar 9, 10:59 AM

Jul 2011
So was that Kankan girl that gave the idea of having a flashmob in the OP.

Moeko the like "That idea is kinda bad, but to poke Ichikawa would be great."

Now we got 2 more people to push that relationship forward.

Yamada letter "Not in dating...YET."
Mar 9, 11:03 AM

Apr 2023
Deadass I almost choked myself laughing at this, like ain't no way bruh.

Mar 9, 11:05 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Starting a new school year is always an interesting time. At least Chi was in the same class but man even i would get mad if that happened to me. Anna and Kyo sure ended up in quite the position when they hid from the girls. I guess anyone bumping into a potential confession is gonna want to get out of there quick time. Hanazawa though sure was accident prone while doing it. A girl who doesn't know what love is huh how curious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Jul 2017
The 3rd Year of school starts, and Ichikawa is stuck with Moeko, and Yamada too...though it's damn obvious by this time.

A good thing that Yamada's clique is still together, as well as fellow friends, and some new ones like Hanzawa. Too bad that Adachi is not in the same class, and Yamada's secret birthday gift to Ichikawa, then hiding beneath the teacher's table together, it seems like karma will strike them more in the new term. Whoops, sorry Moeko...the guys are even worse off than the girls.

The new health report for the new year, and Celebration Girl Kanna just wants to make both Ichikawa and Yamada's celebration big. As usual, Ichikawa is left alone, and they can continue their shenanigans in the library, though imitating walls with the bookshelves and writing their first names, they've begun to grow together closer. But for them to get noticed by Hanzawa, she's the type not to say anything, though she can get fumbled herself. And Yamada wanting to clear up their misunderstandings, she's writing more like a love letter than anything else.

With the love-deprived Hanzawa wanting to understand about love from Yamada, will she ever pluck the courage to do so?
Mar 9, 11:37 AM
Apr 2022
When Yamada gets shy is so undescribly kawaii~
Mar 9, 11:43 AM

May 2015
PANDA!PANDA!PANDA!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 9, 11:46 AM
Mar 2022
When Yamada is writing the letter, she crosses out a character and replaces it with “people”. Does anyone know what the character she crossed out was?

Nevermind it was “me”.
Mar 9, 11:49 AM

May 2019
So it looks like the male teacher that forgot about Anna's friend may have intentionally put them all together in the same class, interesting. Also, we got 2 new characters in the purple haired girl Kankan and a blonde one Hanzawa, hopefully they don't get in the way of our MCs' growing relationship.
Mar 9, 11:54 AM
Jan 2024
The episode is good and like Ichikawa I already consider Adachi a friend who in the first chapters of the 1st season made everyone a little disgusted
Mar 9, 11:59 AM
Feb 2021
Love it, its still amazing as it is!
Mar 9, 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
Man another good episode, honestly when i read the manga i thought this was going to drop off after last weeks dual confession to the parents, however that letter scene hit so much harder in the anime and i thank the production team for that. The music was on point again this episode.

The introduction to Hanzawa was a bit iffy and it looked like she was unapproachable, however she just has poor eyesight, love that we got another wingwoman.

Most other romcoms you get maybe 1-2 people that push the main couple together, whilst this show has like 4-5 of them.

Honestly just found this show by accident as i was running out of things to watch over the xmas holidays, but im so happy that i found this masterpiece.

Cant wait for the next episode , but im also sad that we are now down to 3 episodes left.

By my calculation
Mar 9, 12:08 PM

Aug 2017
Great library scenes. I'm liking the beautiful new kuudere.

Mar 9, 12:22 PM
Sep 2015
There's some new classmates with dangerous delinquent look, but they don't have any role in this episode yet. Wish they've more role within this season.
Mar 9, 12:25 PM
Jun 2023
this was the funniest episode in this whole season, i really loved this one ,😂😂,
and ichikawa is thinking of confessing is a big thing, let's goo, i really love this, i can't stop laughing at the new girl when she found out about our couple and
i re-watched it again.🤭😍😍
Mar 9, 12:27 PM

Jun 2023
There is NO way to clear up that misunderstanding
Mar 9, 12:27 PM
Nov 2019
Feels like the confession is going to happen any episode now. The only thing that seems to be in the way is other people's reaction.
Mar 9, 12:32 PM
Dec 2019
It was pretty nice to see Anna’s POV of Kyoutarou through the letter since it’s not something we get to see too often. Overall great episode for this week.
Mar 9, 12:44 PM
Mar 2023
When the girl was acting like an npc I was laughing at just how ridiculous this show is it’s just so goofyilly wholesome compared to the last season where it was not that
Mar 9, 12:48 PM

Dec 2022
A new school year introduces new opportunities, but also new challenges. Ichikawa's now facing two new threats who plan on matchmaking him and Yamada to death. Fortunately, Yamada was able to talk Hanzawa down and just teach her about romance instead having Hanzawa invading Yamada's relationship. I don't think Panda will be dissuaded so easily.

The issue is now about how Ichikawa can get closer to Yamada without, or in spite of, drawing attention from the shippers. There's also a race against Panda to have Ichikawa make his move before she can get her flash mob organized. If Ichikawa's put through something like that, he's definitely reverting to his serial killer mode, based on that "I am so going to kill all of you" face in Moeko's imagination.

Three episodes left and anything could happen. Keep the cute moments coming!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Mar 9, 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is a non stop rollercoaster of sweet wholesomeness.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2:01 PM
Feb 2018
Just absolutely adorable, the episodes is filled with many moments that you can't help but smile at~
Mar 9, 2:07 PM

Jul 2022
Hanzawa carry this episode :)

Mar 9, 2:21 PM

Nov 2021
bro words cant even describe how much i love this show
Mar 9, 3:00 PM
May 2020
a new year and a new class with new faces!
Mar 9, 3:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I hope one day when characters switch classes in school anime they do actually end up in different classes just to spice things up lol, only problem is there wouldn’t be a show at that point. Of course I’m happy most of the gang is still together, just unfortunately Ichikawa’s buds got split up for the most part, there are some new faces tho with Hanzawa and Kanna and hopefully there’s a lad in there to be a new dude friend for Ichikawa at some point, also the teacher is fun but almost seems too fun, I’ll say tho that her whole “Mori” thing reminds me a lot of Moritani from “Kotoura-san” which is both a good and bad thing lol.

But along with the new faces comes a new challenge, being that Ichikawa has to keep his relationship with Yamada lower than usual due to Kanna who got a flash mob together for a couple in the previous year, I can understand why Ichikawa wouldn’t want that lol. And I’m happy to say this episode made me laugh the hardest I’ve laughed in a while, to tears even, when Moeko walked in on Yamada on her knees with Ichikawa’s pants down lol, that was too perfect, put me in a very good mood. And that whole library scene later was the bee’s knees, Ichikawa even nearly confessed if it wasn’t for Hanzawa walking in, her reaction afterward was very funny tho with her running into stuff so I’ll allow it lol. And turns out she’s very interested in love and doesn’t know what it means really, if she sticks around these two for long she’ll find out real quick lol.

And lastly it was funny how after getting the “main character spot” Ichikawa kinda reverted back to himself from the beginning of the series for a moment, I think that really worked on Kanna lol, and the letter afterward from Yamada was a great end to this episode, things are looking good going forward despite the class change!
Mar 9, 4:17 PM
Feb 2021
"Oh, wrong person!"

LOLOLOL

Yamada twirling in the library ... bliss.
Mar 9, 4:56 PM

Nov 2009
This show is just too damn good.
Mar 9, 5:00 PM
Nov 2023
every episode solidifies this show more and more for me, I fucking love it
Mar 9, 5:13 PM

Feb 2011
JUST GO OUT ALREADY T_T

I love their energy but gosh I wish they'd cross the line into a relationship .. hopefully by the end of the season, but probs not.

Ichikawa getting his pants pulled down and the :3 girl catching them was so funny I cried

They are so damn cute.

Mar 9, 6:18 PM

Sep 2023
Thankfully Kyo and Anna are still in the same class! Poor Kanzaki he got separated from Hara.

They really struggle to accomplish their new mission consisting of acting like strangers. After two days everybody knows they are basically together...
Mar 9, 6:27 PM

Jul 2022
Third year begins, and Ichikawa is in the same class as Anna and her friends, but there is a danger lurking in this class, Kanna, who, if she discovers his feelings, will make a flash mob to force them to go out together.

It's fun to watch Ichikawa and Anna try to pretend that they're not that close, but they always end up in really compromising situations, with poor Moeko trying to cover for those two.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I feel like Ichikawa has grown up; Normally in anime they say that someone has grown but you can't really see any physical changes.

And the letter Anna wrote to clear things up with Hanzawa was super sweet. There are only 3 episodes left and I don't want it to end.
Mar 9, 7:07 PM
Sep 2021
ahhhh my heart can't take this XD. I just want them to get together so badly. I love how the series is progressing though. Bit by bit, Yamada and Ichikawa are getting closer together and are getting so close to confessing their feelings to each other.. they just need to hurry up and get together ahaha. 3 more episodes to go. Hopefully we get a conclusion with in the next couple of episodes.. at least a conclusion this season! I haven't read the manga so I don't know if there will be a 3rd season (im kind of hoping for one) but at the same time I want them to get together this season!! I love them both so much.
Mar 9, 7:19 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to _MushiRock11_

@_MushiRock11_ he wrote Anna あんな in hiragana. Writing Anata あなた would be beyond rude to write to say the least. It literally means "you" in Japanese but its not used the same way as it is in English. It would be just as rude and weird to write "you" in English on a wall to mark someones height rather than their name. It makes no sense but its even worse in Japanese because you'd never say anata to refer to someone youre speaking to which you know their name, unless you were intentionally trying to be rude or aggressive towards.There are a few exceptions of course but in Japanese, the rule of thumb is that you would never say something like, so you're going to the shop? あなたは店に行きますか You'd say, so Yamada is going to the shop? 山田は店に行きますか something like this, always using their name.. never something like anata."you" is never used in this way really. So yeah this would be beyond disrespectful to say the least.
FenyyMar 9, 7:27 PM
Mar 9, 9:16 PM
Feb 2021
What is that phrase...?

"They're in love... they just don't know it yet."

Well at this point everyone but Kyo and Anna know it. It's a bit hilarious how far the show goes in depicting their closeness yet somehow maintaining the facade of just friends, with each other and to their friends. Like, in real life all their shenanigans would've garnered hoots and urgings of go-out-alreadies. While it hinders the suspension of disbelief a bit, I don't mind since ughhhh they're so cute I'm squealing and kicking my feet in bed for this.

Mar 9, 9:18 PM

Feb 2019
“I used to think I didn’t wanna grow up, but I want to be closer to you” RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH you’ve done wonders on me. Masterclass. Zenith

I’ve seen enough, this is the best middle school romance ever and top 5 overall.
Marinate1016Mar 9, 9:29 PM
Mar 9, 9:23 PM

Sep 2018
Another fun episode, but it somehow felt very different from other episodes this season, a very strange watch IMO. Felt a lot more disjointed than usual.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

348 by UaEfAlCoN83 »»
May 17, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.