Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
An episode at a camp featuring not just Yuki but Rin too. It seems this episode wanted Itsuomi to bond with both characters.

I think it was a neat episode capturing the character personalities of the three. Itsuomi did manage to spend alone time with Yuki though. Adding in the sign language and chemistry, I think they were cute to watch as a pair.
Mar 2, 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
Time to go camping.

Itsuomi suggests organizing a "sign language camp" and invites Rin and Kyouya to join as well. Rin, enthusiastic about the idea like always, hopes to get closer with Kyouya during the camp. Meanwhile, Yuki throughout the day is waiting for her friend, Madoka, to message her back since she is helping her find a job. On the day of the camp, just when Rin finally had some time alone with Kyouya, she receives a call from Tsujimura and Kyouya overhears that Rin said she has someone she likes.

Wow, it was awkward when the side characters brought up their exes. It kind of ruined the mood of the story. On the bright side, Rin seems to be getting closer to Kyouya, especially since he called her cute. Maybe he'll help her while she's on crutches from her foot injury. Also, there's serious sexual tension between Yuki and Itsuomi lmao. But what's more important is that there's a new love rival in the mix, and Oushi might get involved too. But I hope none of these relationships go anywhere.

Oh, and Oushi calling Itsuomi? That's not going to end well.

Mar 2, 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
Well the camping trip ended faster than expected, not much you can do about it when someone gets injured.
Still the injury came at pretty bad timing, and i think we all had that happen to use ones or twice.
Anyway things seem to be going well with learning sign language and the couple is also getting along nicely.
But now more people are learning that they are a couple witch might complicate things.
Mar 2, 6:02 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
Time to go camping.

Itsuomi suggests organizing a "sign language camp" and invites Rin and Kyouya to join as well. Rin, enthusiastic about the idea like always, hopes to get closer with Kyouya during the camp. Meanwhile, Yuki throughout the day is waiting for her friend, Madoka, to message her back since she is helping her find a job. On the day of the camp, just when Rin finally had some time alone with Kyouya, she receives a call from Tsujimura and Kyouya overhears that Rin said she has someone she likes.

Wow, it was awkward when the side characters brought up their exes. It kind of ruined the mood of the story. On the bright side, Rin seems to be getting closer to Kyouya, especially since he called her cute. Maybe he'll help her while she's on crutches from her foot injury. Also, there's serious sexual tension between Yuki and Itsuomi lmao. But what's more important is that there's a new love rival in the mix, and Oushi might get involved too. But I hope none of these relationships go anywhere.

IzanaSolos said:

Thats actually Yuki phone 😭
kisaragi_ekiMar 2, 6:10 AM
Mar 2, 6:03 AM
Mar 2022
Great episode as always!!
😭❤️
Mar 2, 6:04 AM

Feb 2021
5:43 プチプラ (puchipura) - "low price; affordable price", shortened from プチプライス (puchi puraisu), from French "petite" and English "price".
Lmaoooo we nearly got another confession, but that sprain was hilarious. I feel so bad about laughing at it, sorry Rin XD
Oushi most probably finding out about Yuki and Itsu dating next episode. It will be painful.
But this was another heartwarming episode. I love everyone's interactions so much.
Mar 2, 6:12 AM
Aug 2022
this is the time for camping trip ✨
Mar 2, 6:17 AM

Mar 2021
The camping trip was fun while it lasted and everyone had fun,Rin is so cute and I hope she gets better soon.
Mar 2, 6:17 AM
Jul 2023
Yes! another win!
Kyoya and Rin relationship reached the next step.

Absolutely fun and sweet episode.
Mar 2, 6:24 AM
Mar 2022
I'm speechless-
Wow..we get to see itsuomi shirtless and itsuomi abs...😩
Itsuomi is hot AF!!!! 😩🔥
Such a really great episode!!

kisaragi_ekiMar 2, 6:29 AM
Mar 2, 6:34 AM

Apr 2022
the chill vibes this episode was great. some fun sign language lessons, too bad their camping had to be cut short due to rin's injury. her reactions time to time kill me though lol. kyoya putting the moves on, he's real for what he said about the process being troublesome tbf. yuki about and itsuomi were already cute at the camp but it was about to go to the next level, still a chance for that at the sleepover. rip oushi but get out the way bro.
Mar 2, 6:41 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to ryzxgum
the chill vibes this episode was great. some fun sign language lessons, too bad their camping had to be cut short due to rin's injury. her reactions time to time kill me though lol. kyoya putting the moves on, he's real for what he said about the process being troublesome tbf. yuki about and itsuomi were already cute at the camp but it was about to go to the next level, still a chance for that at the sleepover. rip oushi but get out the way bro.
ryzxgum said:
rip oushi but get out the way bro.

Hmm well..😌
You're probably not ready about what oushi going to do..his behaviour is just 😌..but it's probably not getting animated this season like only 3 episodes left...😭💔
But next episode is going to be good!
The conversation between itsuomi and oushi in episode 10 tho-
No comment.
Anyways,please look forward to it!
I'm so excited to finally see that scene getting animated in episode 10!!!
kisaragi_ekiMar 2, 6:46 AM
Mar 2, 6:48 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to kisaragi_eki
ryzxgum said:
rip oushi but get out the way bro.

Hmm well..😌
You're probably not ready about what oushi going to do..his behaviour is just 😌..but it's probably not getting animated this season like only 3 episodes left...😭💔
But next episode is going to be good!
The conversation between itsuomi and oushi in episode 10 tho-
No comment.
Anyways,please look forward to it!
I'm so excited to finally see that scene getting animated in episode 10!!!
@kisaragi_eki yeah i remember, i'm caught up to the manga haha. feel like the parts where i gained more respect for oushi won't be animated this season (excluding the lastest chapters where i'm kinda annoyed again lol).
Mar 2, 6:55 AM
Dec 2020
I feel Rin's pain! I sprained my ankle last week :'(. Sleepover! Like Yuki I also did not expect Itsuomi to strip in front of her lol.

PS: I can't wait to see how they'll handle Oushi videocalling!
Mar 2, 7:23 AM
Mar 2022
Here is the art for episode 9!
😭♥️
Mar 2, 7:29 AM
Feb 2021
The cutest ep ever!! I love Kyouya and Rin so much ><
Mar 2, 7:45 AM
Sep 2015
I just love how smooth all relationships are, but I'm suddenly disappointed that I don't get a full view of Itsuomi shirtless.
Mar 2, 7:48 AM
Mar 2022
phantomfandom said:
I just love how smooth all relationships are, but I'm suddenly disappointed that I don't get a full view of Itsuomi shirtless.

Atleast in the anime they show us itsuomi abs, itsuomi back and a lil bit of itsuomi body although we didnt get to see itsuomi full body in the manga you can barely see itsuomi shirtless body! (Not until chapter 40+ we finally get to see itsuomi whole body ~ itsuomi even has a towel wrapped around his waist[itsuomi just finished showered]!!! 🥴)
We are lucky the anime adaptation decided to added itsuomi abs,itsuomi back,itsuomi breath while he takes his shirt off 😳 and a lil bit of itsuomi body like- 😩🥴

kisaragi_ekiMar 2, 8:15 AM
Mar 2, 7:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, that’s some nice content we got today! Itsoumi-san’s notes left a smile on my face, he’s really putting the effort in.

Looks like there’s progress in Rin-chan’s relationship too and Oushi-kun to the fore next? Can’t wait!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2, 8:11 AM
Mar 2022
Itsuomi smile is soo damn cute!!! 😭♥️

kisaragi_ekiMar 2, 8:17 AM
Mar 2, 8:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The F & F one two punch huh. Those outfits though were cute. The word game sure ended up being more intense than any of them expected. The lessons that Yuki gave were pretty interesting with the illustrations doing a great job of backing them up. Rin though sure is having a hell of a romance problem. I always assumed that Kyouya was no older than Itsu so to think that i was wrong. Rin's injury sure was unfortunate. The fact that Oishi's so sure that Itsu and Yuki's relationship would end quickly though sure is annoying though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 8:46 AM
Oct 2019
what a good episode, I want to see what this Oushi will do, she will say that she only sees him as a friend and we have to agree that he is very annoying, Itsu 100x better
Mar 2, 8:55 AM
Feb 2024
Man... Now I feel bad for Oushi
Mar 2, 9:09 AM

Oct 2020
This will not end well, I see trouble coming.
Mar 2, 9:17 AM
Feb 2024
THE WAY ITSUOMI PICKED HER UP?!? The way he smiled?!?!? (*≧∀≦*) they’re so adorable it almost hurts to watch. I love that he teased her at the river but knew when to stop, some people really take jokes too far. I’m glad that they’re just continuing to get closer and closer, it’s really heartwarming.

“Please tell me straight up.”
“I wouldn’t find it a pain at all with you.”
Tsujimura-San called at SUCH A BAD TIMEEE (it ended up working out in the end though so whatever ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪) BUT RIN FINALLY TOLD HIM HOW SHE FEELS!! And he likes her back (*≧∀≦*)
I love that the first half of their conversation implies that he already really loves her too, he just didn’t want to waste his time. And now that she knows and they love each other, it’ll only get better from here! I also love that the way it’s set up lets the watcher learn more sign language in addition to the rest of them, too. That’s a nice touch.
Mar 2, 9:22 AM

Sep 2017
Fuck me, dude. Kyouya really did a meirl talking about having been in an almost 6 year relationship and the struggles of trying to get to know people over text at his age.
Mar 2, 9:44 AM
Mar 2015
Oushi has been told but he won't take a hint Trying to tell her his feelings at this point is just way too late At least Rin and Yuki have made progress
Mar 2, 9:50 AM

Feb 2019
Another episode of peak shoujo 🙏🏾

Off to the mountains for the sign language boot camp!

Yuki being afraid to stare at Itsuomi as he’s driving was so damn cute.

For me, this episode was all about Rin and Kyouya though. Now that Yuki and Itsuomi are official, I need to see Rin happy. Dude that kept asking her out from work was a lil creepy, but she handled that very well.

“When you get to be my age, the whole process of texting and going on dates becomes a pain. So I’d really have to fall for someone to go thru that again” this author just gets young adults so well it’s crazy. So many lines in this series just hit so close to home 😩

I’m happy Rin and Kyouya got to tell each other how they feel. One thing I love about this series is how characters don’t beat around the bush too long. In a lot of other stories everything is so drawn out. But people just communicate so well in this, they reassure each other.. it’s so good. Too bad Rin had to be a clutz and roll her ankle lmao. But tbf standing on those rocks.. I guess that’s a realistic outcome

More cute Itsuomi and Yuki moments too! Yuki not wanting the day to end because of the butterflies Itsuomi gives her was so sweet. I love how much they just enjoy each other’s presence.

And the moment we all been waiting for.. Oushi now knows Yuki got a boyfriend.. who knows sign on top of that. The one thing he felt made their relationship unique, buddy is gonna go thru all the stages of grief over the next episode or so. Like the girl said, only his fault for not being more direct about his feelings. He had over a decade. You snooze you lose
Marinate1016Mar 2, 10:20 AM
Mar 2, 10:02 AM
Nov 2014
Every episode makes me so happy. I’m so glad this anime exists
Mar 2, 10:34 AM

Mar 2021
Aw a longer, overnight training camp would've been so much fun! It's too bad Yuki wasn't planning on staying overnight from the start, and that Rin's injury meant they all had to leave early anyway. Imagine getting so swept up in your love confession you sprain your ankle XD

Also, Yuki in Itsu's hoodie is adorable ^^

It looks like Oushi will finally find out about Itsu and Yuki being official. I thought Rin's coworker would be an incel, but it sounds like he just wanted to know for sure where he stood with Rin. Somehow I doubt Oushi will be that cool, tho there are only 3 eps left :P
Mar 2, 12:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Sign language bootcamp ended up being some riverside camping with Yuki explaining what the sign is for certain things occasionally but it was very cute for sure, I never knew the sign language for frogs was running away, I stole this joke from a crunchyroll comment lol. And Rin and Kyouya got some alone time on the trip which was nice, and they were very close to a romantic development, only Rin hurt her ankle in the heat of the moment lol, it does seem they got somewhere at least which I’m happy about, rip that coworker lad tho, it just wasn’t meant to be lol.

And there was no shortage of Yuki and Itsuomi moments in this one as well, really loved the scene in the tent as well as Itsuomi taking his shirt off which got Yuki trying to push him away lol. And it looks like we’re in for some Oushi focus next time as he wasn’t happy with the news that Yuki was out with Itsuomi, the poor lad has no idea how far things have gone now lol, I’m looking forward to seeing what goes down.
Mar 2, 12:25 PM
May 2022
Do you think Itusomi should answer Oushi's call? It's definitely for him, since there's no point calling Yuki.
Mar 2, 12:49 PM
May 2017
Reply to IzanaSolos
Time to go camping.

@IzanaSolos I do not think so... is not that phone Yuki's?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 2, 12:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This Kakushigoto director really know what his deal. Idk if this his masterpiece, or those collaborative works of a damn whole lot of producers. But, after the main couple got their move forward and seals the deal, time to start creating all the side characters a fair chance to start their own moves forward.

On these so-called bootcamp, Kyouya x Rin-chan finally had the deal sealed as well. Kinda bad with that quick drama of Rin's coworker. However, since the pair already so obvious since the beginning, a little bit of some handsy moment kinda be fair to their little spare time, right?

Back to Yuuki, her concern about the trip kinda be worrying a bit. Hopefully Itsu can makes some insurance to the wish, but, a little bit of staying in his room that night can have a good sign? Then Oushi part entering as well.

Oushi world, the parallel for Yuuki's world from the first to ten episodes. Each of their own truly starts to move forward.

They might finish this season with Yuuki starts the trip tho, or perhaps just with her getting the job. Let's see how this all wraps up. Three more to go...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 2, 12:57 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode! Oushi had any chances with Yuki before Itsuomi entered her life. Emma had no chances with Itsuomi before Yuki entered his life.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 2, 2:23 PM

Jul 2022
The camping trip had many sweet and tender moments.

The relationship between Yuki and Itsuomi is growing stronger; Itsuomi is now better at sign language and it's clear he's making an effort to learn more and spend more time with Yuki.

Rin and Kyouya also grew closer, and it seems the feeling is mutual, but unfortunately, Rin's bad luck caught up with her, twisting her ankle and cutting their conversation short. I hope they continued it in the hospital.

I feel sorry for Oushi, but it's too late now to be honest with his feelings for Yuki, as her relationship with Itsuomi is better than ever.
Mar 2, 2:30 PM
Dec 2023
Got some shenanigans with Rin. That seems cool.
Mar 2, 2:58 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
YAY Rin and Kyouya finally confess their feelings for each other. <3 Rin is such a charming, stylish, and thoughtful person. Hoping to see her use sign language in the future.

Haha Itsuomi getting a little too comfortable around Yuki.
Mar 2, 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
i'm sorry but i laughed so hard at Rin

man, each episode just gets my heart beating like mad and making me feel all fluffly on the inside haha

I even officially started purchasing the manga in german to study :'D

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 2, 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
The camping trip was sadly short lived, but it was still packed with some satisfying moments. Itsuomi laughing and smiling wildly was a stunning sight to behold when he and Yuki were in the river, trying to catch a fresh fish, as well as having their sweet moments together afterwards, which was really cute.

Same goes for Kyouya and Rin, during their walk alone together alongside the riverbank. Through the awkwardness, both finally declared their genuine interest in each other, which makes me very happy. Unfortunately, Rin ended up twisting her ankle on one of the rocks, which meant that the camping trip had to end. Seeing Rin here reminded me one time during badminton where I saw someone twist their ankle while playing, so I can only imagine how painful it is when it happens so suddenly. =(

Eventually, it led to Yuki staying over at Itsuomi's apartment once more, where we got another memorable moment of Itsuomi stripping off in front of Yuki, revealing some nice abs as well. Yuki's reaction to that was really adorable!

It does look like Oushi will be getting some much needed focus in the next episode, going by the preview. Hopefully this will be a good opportunity for him to trust Itsuomi and be able to accept Yuki's relationship with him.
Mar 2, 4:54 PM

Sep 2018
The shittiest camping trip in all of anime? WTF was that...
Mar 2, 4:59 PM
May 2021
Bless the hands of the animators who've drawn this wonderful anime
Mar 2, 7:04 PM

Sep 2021
This episode was sweet. I’m very curious how Oushi is going to react to finding out Itsuomi and Yuki are dating. Also Rin is still the most relatable character in this show lmao
Mar 2, 7:04 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
The shittiest camping trip in all of anime? WTF was that...
@GakutoDeathGlare Well rin just injured her foot so they have to cancel the sign language camp.
Although it's a short camping trip they did have lots of fun!
Mar 2, 8:35 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
adorable
loving this show
might read manga eventually too
Mar 2, 9:25 PM

Jul 2021
"Go on an overseas trip with my girlfriend"?
Feeding her food with the "aaaannn"?
Princess-carrying her out of the water and warming her feet with his hands?
Pinching her cheek as a signal?
Taking his shirt off next to her?

It's like Itsuomi is scientifically-engineered to push all the Shoujo buttons. It's impossible to look away.
Mar 2, 9:27 PM

Mar 2007
Good heavens, Itsuomi is just the ideal boyfriend bordering on husband material (once he gets a steady job). He's supportive, and willing to learn a whole new language just to be able to connect with the girl he's interested in. That's a level of commitment many men can never reach. What a gem of a guy. Yuki is lucky.

Also happy for Rin, except for the ankle incident.
Mar 2, 9:42 PM

Jan 2022
Itsu is so cuuute! I love how straightforward and honest he is with his feelings. Wanting to travel the world with your partner (Yuki in his case), must be nice. A cute little double date!

Doki doki, indeed!

Rin just had to hurt her ankle and ruin the fun trip *cries*

I wonder why Oushi called Yuki. It pisses me off when Oushi just assumes that Itsu is going to mess around with Yuki and expects the worst out of him. Like Oushi, my guy, you had plenty of chances and opportunities but you blew it. The sadness and bitterness fall onto yourself.

The fact that Itsu is genuinely trying to learn sign is amazing! I love that he's putting so much effort into learning sign to better communicate with Yuki, he's down bad for her lol his little notes were so cute
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 2, 10:36 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to aoo-kun
adorable
loving this show
might read manga eventually too
@aod-kun if you want to read the manga you can start reading from chapter 16 (as of episode 9)
Mar 3, 12:45 AM

Nov 2012
maaaaaybe it's my own college experiences and that of my friends, but I truly don't trust kinpatsu. Ep. 9 and I still can't remember his name.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

140 by KandyJar »»
May 21, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

127 by Phixiately »»
May 18, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

196 by Hachimitsuchan »»
May 14, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
May 11, 7:24 AM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.