Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 29, 5:15 PM
Mar 2023
I recently completed the anime and i loved it, everyone had their own opinion but this is too much hatred for a series
Jan 29, 5:19 PM

Sep 2018
I think it was largely just a bandwagon effect from some youtube opinion. Kind of like the praise for kon or the hate on sao. A lot of people hear an opinion on stuff they did not watch, and run with it.
Jan 29, 5:21 PM

Oct 2022
My sister liked the anime which means I have to automatically hate it.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Jan 29, 5:33 PM
Dec 2022
Its because people dont whatch the whole anime and stay thinking its bad. This is my favorite anime of all time, and really makes me angry when someone says It IS bad.
Jan 29, 5:37 PM
Jan 2018
I loved fairy tail, good idea for an almost perfect shonen, almost, because (and for me is the reason of the hatred youre talking about) the show is constantly growing, promising you from the beginning or at least from the middle a great ending, the potential was all there, and the ending is not even bad, however, they have, personal opinion, ruined everything with the classic power of friendship, which is fine, but in this case the absurdity and the interference of this mysterious power on everything is almost ironic.
Jan 29, 6:04 PM

Jul 2021
everything after Grand Magic games
was just the most illogical sequence of events I've ever watched, especially this Alvarez arc , Horrendous.
Like u see Erza punching a meteorite when her whole body is crippled pretty much sums up the level of logic for most of this show.
Jan 29, 6:07 PM

Mar 2013
There's no overall hate towards this series.
While there are some who dislike some arcs.
IMO, this is one of the great series.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 29, 7:17 PM

Dec 2020
I do understand some of the criticisms.

The fan service is absolutely awful. It’s so obtrusive and and really takes you out of the show.

The power scaling is also trash and really inconsistent, ESPECIALLY in the last season.

And let’s not forget the power of friendship

Those are definitely 3 major flaws with the series. But other than that, I honestly don’t really understand why so many people believe it to be so incredibly bad.
Jan 29, 8:07 PM
Jul 2023
I recently watched the entire thing for the first time. Overall I enjoyed the show however I had a few issues that I can see why it got some hate.

1. The extreme overuse of fan service is not enjoyable and can really take you out of emotional scenes when there's a panty shot or massive boobs filling the screen in the middle of it.

2. The sexualizing of minors within the fanbase, specifically Wendy, with the old excuse of ShEs AcTuAlLy 400 YeArS oLd So ItS oKaY

3. The beginning was heavily heavily inspired by other shows, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing at times, it was off-putting to have extremely similar character designs and powers. Especially Kageyama AKA discount Shikamaru
Jan 29, 8:18 PM
Jan 2021
rohan121 said:
I think it was largely just a bandwagon effect from some youtube opinion. Kind of like the praise for kon or the hate on sao. A lot of people hear an opinion on stuff they did not watch, and run with it.

Exactly, plus One Fans seizing the good opportunity to slander greatness
Jan 29, 8:26 PM
Mar 2022
It is hot garbage.
Mashima can't write good plot
Jan 29, 8:30 PM
Dec 2021
Mugiwarayaa___ said:
I recently completed the anime and i loved it, everyone had their own opinion but this is too much hatred for a series

Fairy Tail is about bonds other than power of friendship
Jan 29, 9:33 PM

Apr 2015
It's a good Shounen, It gets so much hate for some reason but I quite enjoyed it and I have fond memories of watching it.
Jan 29, 9:43 PM
Feb 2022
Most of the people just hate most of the fights in this season/arc
Jan 29, 9:53 PM
Jun 2021
I think the main issue was the lack of conviction on a lot of things. Some characters clearly should have died and they just came back anyway. Then you have Natsu vs Gray which I didn’t mind, but I see why people were just annoyed that this idea wasn’t more set up and detailed
Jan 29, 9:54 PM

Jan 2009
people hates the ecchi fanservice
Jan 29, 10:03 PM
Jan 2024
To me the show was solid overall. Fan service was annoying, but there were a lot of great plot points. The build up to the end from the very beginning was nice. But the end felt really rushed and condensed. So much Archnologia build up for nothing. Just power of friendship punch. To me, a “good” series having a disappointing ending just doesnt sit right.
Jan 29, 10:08 PM
Aug 2020
WaffleMaster89 said:
My sister liked the anime which means I have to automatically hate it.

hahahaha thats fair same goes for my sister. And yea one question whats name of anime on your profile pic?
Jan 29, 10:57 PM

Jul 2015
Mashima rushed the ending, because he really wanted to start working on Edens Zero.
People also. complain about abundance of fabservice and "power of friendship" trope, which is completely subjective and I personally liked.

Jan 30, 1:40 AM
Jul 2020
I see people commonly saying that they don’t like it for its poor plot and characters, reliance on fan service. Yet, it’s still a fairly popular manga and anime. I think it gets unnecessary dislike from people who haven’t watched the anime in full. People say they don’t like it because of the whole power of friendship, yet it’s a well-used trope among plenty of shonen anime.
Jan 30, 2:44 AM
Jun 2022
I've watched the anime up until after the Grand Magic Games (forgot which arc came after) when it came out and at the same time read the manga. As far as I remember the "suffers" from typical early 2000s - 2010s shounen syndrome. No one really dies, the power of friendship, a loooot of filler episodes and sonetimes even filler arcs. Thats all very normal for shounen animes and mangas written in that time frame. I guess when you watch those animes now, it's not as enjoyable as other more modern animes. I've tried to rewatch Fairy Tail last year and realized how long and tedious some sections are, which is why i dropped it. I guess we were just way more used to that slow storytelling and no one important dies and the main cast can beat everyone suddenly, now the kids (and me lol) don't have the stamina anymore to power through and are used to a more "realistic" storytelling.

Most people are just too lazy to actually sit down and watch or read smth and rather just listen to what a random influencer thinks and adopt their oppinion.
Jan 30, 6:16 AM
Jan 2021
There’s a lot of flaws but I also agree that it’s still a good series :)
Jan 30, 9:08 AM
May 2021
IMO: The story is good but lacking in good animation in the later with sounds/looks. Some things I can think to hate fairy tail is it too long (300 episodes is a commitment) and repetitive enough to be annoying if you don’t love the formula. I was entertained and am excited its continuation.
Jan 30, 10:27 AM
Nov 2023
Fairy Tail is the same type as DBZ and the Big 3 (Naruto, One Piece, Bleach). It’s a classic battle Shonen with hundreds of episodes (all are 300+) and have very common troupes most of the time. I feel like when it comes to those 5 Animes I’ve mentioned above, you NEED to watch it as a kid, or it needs to be your first anime or an anime you watch early on your watchlist. Or else, most likely if you’re an adult who’s seen many other Animes and all the overused troupes, you’re likely to not enjoy it as much. I suspect Fairy Tail gets done dirty by this the most, cause it’s usually watched after the other Big 4 Shonen Anime. Bleach as well, that’s why it’s the most dropped on MAL. I know I’d like Bleach Anime if I watched it as a kid, but I just can’t seem to watch it now. That’s just my 2 cents at least.
Jan 30, 10:32 AM

Jun 2021
Too much fanservice and plotholes. I didn't give 7 fucks. The plot isn't suposed to be avant guarde shit. It's just dumb fun for boys. Do I reget reading it? Sure. Do I want to kill the author? Of fcking course. But Gray is best boy. I want Erza to suck my dick. Still rated it a 1/10.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Jan 30, 10:33 AM

Apr 2020
It's a popular, old, mainstream Shonen, with lots of plot convinience^^
Of course it's got it's haters. Normal stuff.
Jan 30, 10:01 PM
Dec 2021
I love the series btw, the only points I think the series misses is the lack of plot twists like one piece or JoJo's otherwise the series is fine and enjoyable
Jan 30, 11:38 PM

Nov 2013
Thought it was pretty good for a battle shounen until that arc where Erza just tanked hits from this tree guy in her 0 defense armor. Really irksome power scaling. And most battles involving Natsu and Erza just went to the shitter from there. I just know they gonna asspull when they show up.
Jan 31, 10:34 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Cestlavie_
was just the most illogical sequence of events I've ever watched, especially this Alvarez arc , Horrendous.
Like u see Erza punching a meteorite when her whole body is crippled pretty much sums up the level of logic for most of this show.
@Cestlavie_ Well Actually Erza was slicing the meteorite with her sword not punching it xD
With The Clear Heart clothing While in that outfit, she discards defense, instead focusing primarily on offense
Jan 31, 10:44 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to DGemu
Thought it was pretty good for a battle shounen until that arc where Erza just tanked hits from this tree guy in her 0 defense armor. Really irksome power scaling. And most battles involving Natsu and Erza just went to the shitter from there. I just know they gonna asspull when they show up.
@DGemu Then I think you will like 100 Years Quest
of all 151 chapters Erza and Natsu has used emotion boost buff only once , Natsu in Chapter 21 , Erza in Chapter 146 , that´s only it so far
Hiro toned down the emotion boosts for Erza and Natsu he is aware some people don´t like it he made fun of it in the sequel
Jan 31, 1:42 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Personally, I just find it really boring. This and Nanatsu no Taizai are my least favourite battle shounen.
Jan 31, 8:19 PM
Jun 2013
The anime was good in the beginning, but they really didn't know what to do by the end, so it became pretty generic. It has too much echii, bad animated fights and no consequences or deaths to major characters. Too much potential wasted.
Jan 31, 9:51 PM
Aug 2021
Mugiwarayaa___ said:

they just over exaggerate the "power of friendship" in fairy tail
its like in every shounen
Feb 1, 9:58 AM
Mar 2023
Abzy1239 said:
Mugiwarayaa___ said:

they just over exaggerate the "power of friendship" in fairy tail
its like in every shounen

Yeah maybe but those are the people who love MHA but spread negativity for better series like fairy tail i don’t get the point
Feb 1, 5:08 PM
Aug 2023
Cestlavie_ said:

based comment....
Feb 2, 6:10 AM
Dec 2022
NaLu wasn’t canon by the end. Jk jk

I love the show, but the fanservice is off putting. In general I don’t like fanservice to begin with so I just try to ignore it. It’s what would stop me from recommending it to people or watching it in front of others despite how much I like it.
Feb 3, 8:19 AM
Sep 2018
i mean literally everything and anything??? character development? barely. good animation/ good/dynamic fights? barely. Good Story? No. fanservice? way too much. Plotholes/plotarmor? everywhere. Power System? makes no sense. Depth/ interesting or unique? Nope.
i literally only started watching it because i was 14 and hoped it would turn out cool. but even at that age I realized it was just bad
Jacky08Feb 3, 8:23 AM
Feb 3, 8:24 AM
Sep 2018
Zeroshikkusu_06 said:
Its because people dont whatch the whole anime and stay thinking its bad. This is my favorite anime of all time, and really makes me angry when someone says It IS bad.

Well it is bad? you can still enjoy it but it is not a good series
Feb 3, 8:38 AM
Dec 2022
gazelle2580 said:
Zeroshikkusu_06 said:

Well it is bad? you can still enjoy it but it is not a good series

the anime isnt bad, its Very good, but many people says It is bad.
Feb 6, 7:17 AM
Sep 2023
It’s overhated because it focuses on the power of friendship. I don’t think it’s a bad anime i’ts actually my favourite anime. People have different opinions.
Feb 6, 7:39 AM

May 2023
people can not handle Fairy Goat
Feb 8, 10:07 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to TeslaEnjoyer
people can not handle Fairy Goat
@TeslaEnjoyer Yeah that's true
Mar 12, 7:15 AM
May 2021
Cause some dumbass YouTuber told them Fairy Tail is bad lol and on the other hand those youtubers like henti trash animes like Kiss x sis, Monogatari
Mar 12, 10:47 AM
Mar 2023
Apratim said:
Cause some dumbass YouTuber told them Fairy Tail is bad lol and on the other hand those youtubers like henti trash animes like Kiss x sis, Monogatari

Well said , it is a good series some people even without trying judge anime
Mar 12, 11:21 AM
May 2021
Mugiwarayaa___ said:
Apratim said:

Well said , it is a good series some people even without trying judge anime

Ya that's why I think those people are pathetic who judge an anime without even watching it
Mar 12, 11:55 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah Fairy Tail is really not that bad, it's not perfect but it's enjoyable enough. It's just like Naruto, feels like it gets too much hate.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 12:30 AM
Jan 2024
As a former FT hater, in most such haters have never watched or read FT but joined hate bandwagon arising out of YouTube. They've given bad rating to FT so noobs who have never touched FT gets influenced by these hate bandwagon. I didn't read FT for same reason. But, Later during covid, i picked up FT and liked it.

I've seen people who hate fairy tail for friendship asspull simping for Saitama winning with one punch asspull.
Same people who have issues with fanservice go on to simp for ecchi like kill la kill, KissxSis.

So, it's just case of " your dog is dog,my dog is tommy" hypocrisy.

Nevertheless, FT has been quite popular throughout 2010 decade on tv and on streaming sites. It still attracts large fanbase.
May 6, 6:27 AM
May 2019
I have only 2 episodes left and it's the only good shounen around. My only complaint is that I want more boobs and fuckins. Wendy best girl.
May 6, 6:32 AM
May 2019
Reply to Inconsistent1
Fairy Tail is the same type as DBZ and the Big 3 (Naruto, One Piece, Bleach). It’s a classic battle Shonen with hundreds of episodes (all are 300+) and have very common troupes most of the time. I feel like when it comes to those 5 Animes I’ve mentioned above, you NEED to watch it as a kid, or it needs to be your first anime or an anime you watch early on your watchlist. Or else, most likely if you’re an adult who’s seen many other Animes and all the overused troupes, you’re likely to not enjoy it as much. I suspect Fairy Tail gets done dirty by this the most, cause it’s usually watched after the other Big 4 Shonen Anime. Bleach as well, that’s why it’s the most dropped on MAL. I know I’d like Bleach Anime if I watched it as a kid, but I just can’t seem to watch it now. That’s just my 2 cents at least.
@Inconsistent1 I'm 41 and hate shounen anime but I absolutely loved this. Wendy best girl!
May 6, 6:37 AM
May 2019
Anyone who says they didn't appreciate the fanservice was gay. I wish it was on the same level as Gushing over Magical Girls or To Love Ru.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2019

78 by PRiMEog »»
May 27, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

67 by PRiMEog »»
May 23, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

78 by Zorosuke_ »»
Apr 29, 2:12 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.