Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Jin-Woo is lucky to be alive but he's now recovering and preparing his next move. He also gets a visit from his sister.

Looks like this show has its standard RPG tropes incluing daily quests. Some of it feel overwhelming including a quest with a survival timer. yikes. It seems this anime isn't holding back on delivering monsters. We also got more flashbacks but it seems Jin-Woo needs to know the stakes of he's going up against now. One of the so-called 'instance' dungeon' had limits on when it's allowed to exit. Standard RPG stuff he should be aware of. I do hope Jin-Woo learns from all this experience.

Jan 20, 7:27 AM

May 2020
He was asking for a second chance and he got his second chance… as a PLAYER. Tbh, the first two episodes were like a prologue, as the real Solo leveling starts from here. That same hospital, those expressions, and then Jin Chul paying a visit. That man is someone we’d have to keep an eye on, as he’s here to stay for a long time.

Though think how bad it’d feel, when you have just woken up after 3 whole days, someone from the hunter association is here to brief you… to test your rank in hopes that after this tragedy something might have changed, but Jin Woo is STILL E RANK lmaooooo. But now he could see something, which no one beside him can… those stats and those menus and all. I mean he needs to “level-up” right? So, there’s the way, he’d get his daily quests and he’d have to complete them.

The grinding has started, and it will just go up and up from here on with those daily quests and sort. Yeah, it feels like a game, to him and to us viewers as well, but yeah that was the point lol. Still first proper dungeon experience while leveling up, and Jin woo is faring well, ig, against those goblins sort of, though the main thing is that wolf!

Also, I can again see Cha Hae In and her guildmaster. Please no weird changes in an attempt to fit some original content, please.
Jan 20, 7:27 AM

Dec 2021
Jinwoo's wild adventure as a 'reawakened' person begins.

Alone, Jinwoo remains in the temple dungeon to save the few surviving comrades. Struck down by a monster wielding the sword of the deity, he should have breathed his last. However, when he comes to, he finds himself waking up in a hospital bed. To his astonishment, his lost limbs from the dungeon are restored, and before Jinwoo's bewildered eyes, a "window" appears, showing an unread message. Later, his sister Jinah and members of the Hunter's Association Surveillance team come to check up on Jinwoo.

Man, that last episode was so freaking good that I couldn't resist diving back into the story from where I originally dropped it. And let me tell you, it's been one crazy ride. I've got this solid idea of where the anime might wrap up, especially if I judge by the OP. The addition of anime-original content with Jongin and Haein is just hitting the spot for me – I'm absolutely loving it.

But, hey, those Hunter's Association agents should've heard about Jinwoo losing his leg, right? Why aren't they saying anything about it growing back? It's a bit absurd, but hey, I'll roll with it. And seriously, every text in the anime being in English? That's kinda hilarious. This time around, things are a bit more slow, but the trade-off is that we get a closer look at Jinwoo's struggles as the supposed weakest hunter. Also stop with these cliffhangers lol.

Still, you can really feel it – he's leveling up, doing it solo.

Jan 20, 7:58 AM
Sep 2021
Buildup ep,Pretty good.

I loved the desert sequence.
Kyo_7xJan 20, 8:17 AM
Jan 20, 8:39 AM
Aug 2022
He did got his second chance.
Consider lucky to be alive.
Jan 20, 8:46 AM

Apr 2018
Third episode is where it actually starts and progresses quickly. Even though he is at the hospital at the moment with some lost limbs, he's doing alright. He's still rank E though even after the test from the HA. The system is pretty interesting and all the quests he'll do in the future will be fun to see adapted. First off was the desert scene which was pretty good, it seems like the following episodes will be great.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 20, 9:00 AM
May 2018
Bro is gonna be so jacked following Saitama's workout daily
Jan 20, 9:25 AM

Feb 2021
Now that I think about it, the first 2 episodes would've worked much better if they were combined into one.
And I didn't realize at all at first, but the bowing scene in the previous episode is the legendary meme lmao.

I'm watching the Japanese version, so the MC for me is Mizushino Shun. It's gonna be a bit troublesome remembering 2 sets of names for everyone lol. Especially since I'm really not used to Korean names.
Aaaa I'm so glad Mizuki survived too
I knew he should've done that workout.
12:18 What is シャガール (shagaaru)? Google refers to Marc Chagall. Gotta check out the English version later.

So I guess he will be increasing his stats, thus increasing his rank, and in the end become the strongest hunter in the world.
The animation and art were amazing this episode. Best one so far.
Okay, this is reeeally good
EmbientJan 20, 9:33 AM
Jan 20, 9:25 AM
Aug 2020
so exited, i really enjoyed this episode

the glow up is coming...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 20, 9:41 AM
Jan 2024
really really liked the adaptation, they didn't rush the story
Jan 20, 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
Now the grind begins. Jinwoo miraculously survived that dungeon massacre and gets a second chance at life, and now it's like he's playing an irl video game. As expected he's putting all of his ability points into strength. Despite all of his training and conditioning, he's still getting cold feet being in that dungeon alone.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 9:54 AM
May 2021
Sung Jin-woo is stacking up now. Time to get stronger!!
Jan 20, 9:59 AM
Nov 2021
This episode and entire series is supeeer gud
Jan 20, 9:59 AM

Aug 2022
So basically it's just a IRL video game. Very interesting!
Jan 20, 10:08 AM
Sep 2021
it was a good episode with lot of anime original scenes ...which is why it felt short why because if it wasn't for anime original scenes jinwoo would have been fighting the snake boss till now. The pacing is really good till now...finally a very faithful adaptation of a manhwa
Jan 20, 10:10 AM
Sep 2021
and next episode is going to be banger...
Jan 20, 10:11 AM

Dec 2020
Jin woo sees a screen that nobody else him who see it and well he ignored the first daily quest and that's what happened now he need to fo that to get stronger.
He sets all his points in strength.
Very good episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 20, 10:18 AM
Jan 2009
Idiot turned himself into the worst kind of glass cannon - a slow melee glass cannon. Super high strength and no speed or health. He better learn how to minmax properly or he's dead.

Or not, since the show seems to give him huge plot armor. No idea why higher strength would let him dodge better and hit more accurately (in a setting where agility is a stat, it should be agility, and he completely ignored agility). He won against goblins he would have lost against before, but no part of that fight seemed linked to higher strength. It would have made much more sense if he'd stacked agility or (better yet) a proper mix of melee stats. I hope the show does a better job of properly reflecting game stats in the future...that's the whole point of this plot, right?
amf85Jan 20, 10:24 AM
Jan 20, 10:19 AM

Feb 2019
Lmaoo man they did my boy so bold with the mana level test. Only a 10 is crazy. But honestly with the ability to level up who cares what the world perceives you as

Since there’s no traces or remnants of that dungeon, I wonder if it was an instance dungeon like we see Jinwoo go into at the end of the episode. If those exist in other dimensions, other people can’t perceive them so it would explain the lack of evidence

His sister was kind of nonchalant about her brother nearly dying in the dungeon and being in hospital lol. Guess everyone has their own way of dealing with stuff.

Glad healer girl survived, I thought for sure she had death flags. Instead, she’s just permanently mentally scarred for life 😭. Sweet of her to bring flowers, too bad she didn’t get to see Jinwoo

Hopefully we’ll see blonde waifu get some real screen time soon, she’s been teased a few times now but still nothing major. Seems her group is on the move now.

I get that Jinwoo wants to make sure he’s not weak anymore, but you don’t want to be a glass canon either. Make sure to put some points into vitality and defense lol. That training routine on a daily basis is going to get him jacked though, for sure.

It’s also ironic that the dungeons’ appearance is what’s caused his mom to become ill, but he has to go into the dungeons to afford her life support. Messed up cycle

And off to the first dungeon we go.. someone who couldn’t even take down basic monsters before now has to clear one entirely on his own. Cliffhanger ending, can’t wait for next week. As usual, OST was insane today
Marinate1016Jan 20, 10:47 AM
Jan 20, 10:25 AM

Dec 2022
well the grind has begun honestly this is the boring part of solo leveling but after the grind things fire up
wonder how long will they make this season probably to jeju island arc since they showed it in the first episode
Jan 20, 10:25 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
It looks like he got his second chance!! 

This really is like a game; the daily quests remind me of some games I play. Although that penalty is pretty brutal.

I'm looking forward to seeing his growth.
Jan 20, 10:33 AM
Aug 2019
masterpiece episode
animation was so damm and Sawano cooking hard as usual
Jan 20, 10:33 AM
Jun 2019
why did they change the names and the setting?
Jan 20, 10:34 AM
Jun 2019
why did they change the names and the setting?
Jan 20, 10:34 AM
Oct 2016
Sung had his second awakening, that's what that was at the end of the last episode. Now he's seeing these weird status screens that no one else can see. Ones that require him to basically workout A certain amount every day. Otherwise he faces A crazy penalty quest like that giant desert centipede. His recovery has thankfully for him gone very well, while any other survivors of the incident are left either physically or mentally scared. Sung just has to do basic workout routines everyday and he can keep going just fine. Even getting stronger since he gains ability points that can be allocated to any stat yet he only picks strength. We got some flashbacks to when Sung mom was hospitalized but they didn't make much sense. She got an eternal sleeping disease, like what does that mean, why make up a disease instead of just saying coma. There's A few weird choices in this episode that don't make A lot of sense to me. The mom disease and the only Jung can see status screens being the main two. Its just really weird. He got locked in another dungeon until it's cleared so that should be too traumatizing right.
Jan 20, 10:36 AM

Oct 2017
Yeah, as expected , the detail of this show make no sense as usual.

An individual with body strength of an average person = 10 can run 4 hrs full speed none stop?
He is beyond world champion in terms of stamina because even world champion cant run at full speed none stop for 4 hrs. (It's not the same as Marathon because they don't run at full speed, plus mc nvr get any Marathon related training )
Also he's running on a dessert so it takes even more stamina to run.
Should have just make the quests 4 mins survival to make the scenario more believable.

Plus if mc can avoid multiple deadly monsters like that for four hours, there's no way he'd get injured by Goblin or in E dungeon.
He can outrun all of them.
Ventus_SJan 20, 10:42 AM
Jan 20, 10:41 AM

Mar 2013
> MC doesn't want to exercise
= Exercise penalty for 4hrs...
🤣🤣🤣
Hilarious.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 20, 10:43 AM
Sep 2023
well, 3rd EP covered literally 2 chapters .. and it supose to be 12ep's first season.. nevertheless still good but Manhwa is way better and faster. I'll give it a 3/5
Jan 20, 10:43 AM

Dec 2018
First instance dungeon, next week is going to be awesome. In your face anyone who called this MC a self insert (LMAO), like who would want this life?

God I wish I could binge this but it's hard to say no every week. I can't remember where I left off in the manhua either, that was years ago (the writer/artist was on hiatus?).

Jan 20, 10:44 AM

Jul 2012
Awesome. I'm liking Jin Woo a lot. He's getting stronger and leveling up. Hyped to see what he does next.

I'm beginning to feel addicted to this story.
Jan 20, 10:49 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to DeRickz
Bro is gonna be so jacked following Saitama's workout daily
@DeRickz For real, I was thinking the same when I saw all the workout thing.
I mean, he did it for three days straight... If he keeps going, he will be bald soon enough, and match Saitama's power, wouldn't be epic?
Jan 20, 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode.We got to see the aftermath of the Dungeon episode.

Sung Jin Woo has woken up and we got glimpses of other survivors and other important characters.We got to see Jinah meeting her brother Jin-woo face to face in this episode and showed how much she cares for and loves her brother.

And Jin Woo has gained a system that is like a game. And this system makes him stronger.And now he already entered a dungeon on his own.Waiting for the next episode.

Jan 20, 10:56 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, it's here. I thought the series would go off-rails from this episode but I was mistaken. But maybe it's better this way.

So, Jinwoo did receive special treatment. But he still needs to work his ass off to utilize it properly. I like it this way where the MC still needs to work for things instead of having them handed to them. It makes for a much more compelling power fantasy.

This series has the biggest cliffhangers. Always makes me keep wanting for more. Hopefully the build up will be worth it.
Jan 20, 10:57 AM
Jan 2019
Again, a cliffhanger, holy shit, the directing so far has been absolute shit
Jan 20, 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
jinwoo has a second awakening and is now a player time for some solo leveling up
Jan 20, 11:08 AM
Nov 2016
Ugh, the pace is killing me. At this rate we'll barely see shit this season and god knows when we'll get a 2nd season. They should've crammed these 3 eps into 1.
Too much running time is wasted on idle stuff and procrastination, Less idle time, procrastination and other characters focus/introduction and BAM, better pace.

Also, i totally forgot what an annoying retarded wuss the MC was at the beginning. He's insufferable. And who ignores a penalty after experiencing such a brutal event ? Serves you right Jinwuss !!
Jan 20, 11:10 AM
Jan 2024
I love it 🔥🔥
Jan 20, 11:13 AM
Sep 2023
Ok pals , see Beru in 4 years :D
Jan 20, 11:15 AM

Oct 2020
Amazing. I liked the window panel n the glitch effects.

It gives the Vibess, now we are just 1episode away to see a totally different MC with new personality and new looks.

Kinda excited XD

Joohee, u were just few steps away to become the best girl of the show...... and u will regret ur hesitation, u missed a Chad.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jan 20, 11:30 AM

Feb 2021
Funny how they all looked the same 4 years prior...
Jan 20, 11:40 AM
Feb 2023
So I am gonna say this, I am disappointed abit because first these cliffhangers aren’t helping especially if the fight ends in next episode in one minute. The pacing is okayish, feel something maybe missing but I didn’t read the manhwa so Idk. The animation was okay as well.

The episode is good but just not as good. Still understandable as it’s like still building him up to be an OP character. But like I wish they would stop with cliffhangers, they aren’t helping the anime. I dislike cliffhangers that’s why I literally wait until a series ends before watching. Did it for JJK S2, did it for Demon Slayer and did it for AOT. I am still interested in what will happen next, hopefully I get proven wrong
Jan 20, 11:43 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Very good episode, love it. Now he needs to clear the dungeon alone. Aah :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 20, 11:43 AM

Aug 2019
Really detailed adaptation with a lot of anime only scenes which result in a much better world building.
Previously it was 5 chapters per episode, but this time around it's only two and a half. They'll need to skip something to finish the Igris fight in episode 12.
And they changed a lot of stuff, like Kang Taeshik was at the hospital. Did the studio do this as a foreshadowing? I wonder how this change is going to impact episode 8.
They skipped the part where the nurse asks why is there sand in the hospital room. That was so funny, don't know why they didn't show it.

I saw that lot of people didn't understand why he put all his stats into strength. It's because he's too weak to kill anything.
Intelligence and sense is useless this early in the story. Vitality means he dies slower. Agility and dodging increases fatigue.
Survival skills won't help him because if he can't deal damage he can't defeat his enemies and he can't level up.
It was the right call and people will understand it next episode.
Jan 20, 11:45 AM
Aug 2021
very cool episode
Jan 20, 11:45 AM
Dec 2013
Interested to see where things go now that the "Solo Leveling" has been introduced.

Favorite part of the show for me at this point is probably the weird animated sequence put under the credits, it's pretty awesome and I look forward to seeing it at the end of every episode.
Jan 20, 11:47 AM

Jan 2011
Now we know why it's called solo leveling. He is legit playing a gacha game in real life without having to spend any money.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 20, 11:49 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Lmaoo man they did my boy so bold with the mana level test. Only a 10 is crazy. But honestly with the ability to level up who cares what the world perceives you as

Since there’s no traces or remnants of that dungeon, I wonder if it was an instance dungeon like we see Jinwoo go into at the end of the episode. If those exist in other dimensions, other people can’t perceive them so it would explain the lack of evidence

His sister was kind of nonchalant about her brother nearly dying in the dungeon and being in hospital lol. Guess everyone has their own way of dealing with stuff.

Glad healer girl survived, I thought for sure she had death flags. Instead, she’s just permanently mentally scarred for life 😭. Sweet of her to bring flowers, too bad she didn’t get to see Jinwoo

Hopefully we’ll see blonde waifu get some real screen time soon, she’s been teased a few times now but still nothing major. Seems her group is on the move now.

I get that Jinwoo wants to make sure he’s not weak anymore, but you don’t want to be a glass canon either. Make sure to put some points into vitality and defense lol. That training routine on a daily basis is going to get him jacked though, for sure.

It’s also ironic that the dungeons’ appearance is what’s caused his mom to become ill, but he has to go into the dungeons to afford her life support. Messed up cycle

And off to the first dungeon we go.. someone who couldn’t even take down basic monsters before now has to clear one entirely on his own. Cliffhanger ending, can’t wait for next week. As usual, OST was insane today
@Marinate1016 This show really is growing into its own thing.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 20, 11:50 AM

May 2015
New Goblin sLAYER
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 20, 11:51 AM

Apr 2022
It's unfortunate how short each episode is and how it ALWAYS ends on a cliffhanger. Have some mercy ffs
Jan 20, 11:59 AM

Aug 2017
He survived 4 hours with that monster!? Lee Joohee having trauma is understandable, hope she'll overcome it. Like how she's always sweet Jinwoo. What's the deal with that friend of Jinwoo sister, she stands out that outfit.

Ngl not really a fan of those game screens in anime and fortunately I already know it'll go down a road I'm not a big fan of, but at least for now I'm enjoying it. The anime really catches the atmosphere of the world well so far.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

28 by OroficB06 »»
Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.