Forum Settings
Forums

'Monogatari Series: Off Season' and 'Monster Season' Light Novel Gets Anime

New
Jan 18, 2:17 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aniplex announced an anime adaptation for NisiOisiN's Monogatari Series: Off Season and Monogatari Series: Monster Season light novel on Thursday. The production company also opened an official website, revealing the main staff a key visual (pictured). The anime series, titled Monogatari Series: Off & Monster Season, is being produced this year.

Staff
Chief Director: Akiyuki Shinbou (Monogatari Series: Second Season)
Director: Midori Yoshizawa (Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya assistant director)
Series Composition: Fuyashi Tou (Bakemonogatari), Akiyuki Shinbou
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Akio Watanabe (Owarimonogatari)
Studio: Shaft

The Off Season consists of four volumes—Orokamonogatari, Wazamonogatari, Nademonogatari, and Musubimonogatari—published between October 2015 and January 2017. The first two volumes contain arcs that are not chronologically sequenced. Instead, each arc has a different narrator and tells its own story, which is not directly related to the other arcs in the novel but follows a common theme.

The Monster Season consists of six volumes—Shinobumonogatari, Yoimonogatari, Amarimonogatari, Ougimonogatari, and two-part Shinomonogatari—published between July 2017 and August 2021. Monster Season follows the events after the Monogatari Series: Final Season—published in six volumes from September 2012 to September 2014.

NisiOisiN launched Monogatari Series: Family Season—sequel to Monster Season—with the Ikusamonogatari volume in May 2023. The second volume, Tsugimonogatari, is currently in the works.

The latest anime adaptation in the Monogatari SeriesZoku Owarimonogatari—premiered in theaters in November 2018 and later on television in six episodes in May 2019, adapting the Koyomi Reverse arc. Zoku Owarimonogatari marked the last installment of the Final Season novel series.

The first anime adaptation of the Final SeasonTsukimonogatari—aired in Fall 2014. Owarimonogatari, covering the third and fourth volume, followed in Fall 2015. Koyomimonogatari, adapting the second volume, streamed as a 12-episode net anime on its titular smartphone application from January to March in 2016.

Owarimonogatari 2nd Season aired as a two-day special on August 12 and August 13 in 2017, adapting the Mayoi Hell, Hitagi Rendezvous, and Ougi Dark arcs from the fifth volume.

Synopsis
After graduating from high school, the story of Koyomi Araragi came to an end. This time, it truly ended. However, the story of the girls who were saved by Araragi was not over. It is a prequel, or perhaps a sequel to their struggles in youth.

Special PV

Official site: https://www.monogatari-series.com/oms/
Official X (formerly Twitter): @nisioisin_anime

Source: Moca News

Monogatari Series: Off & Monster Season on MAL
VindstotJan 18, 1:14 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2:19 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
now we wait 5 years

Jan 18, 2:24 AM

Jul 2019
It's times like this I've prayed to the Lord.
Jan 18, 2:24 AM

Aug 2016
Hell Yeah!!!! Glad this is coming back, I can't wait.
"Name's Yinlin. As for what I do... Shhh, we don't talk about that in public."
Jan 18, 2:26 AM

May 2021
I am seeing this correctly , new anime from monogatari series ? See you in a decade when the production finish milking with remakes , reimagining all the previous seasons & movies like they did with Kizumonogatari: Koyomi Vamp.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 18, 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
Oh, boi. It is official and it's coming.
When tourists discover Monogatari Series, they'll most likely attack it.
PiromyslJan 18, 2:50 AM

Jan 18, 2:35 AM

Oct 2017
BerriesSan said:
now we wait 5 years

Yubisoft said:
I am seeing this correctly , new anime from monogatari series ? See you in a decade when the production finish milking with remakes , reimagining all the previous seasons & movies like they did with Kizumonogatari: Koyomi Vamp.

It's announced for this year.
Jan 18, 2:36 AM

Oct 2017
Sooo looking forward to it.
Jan 18, 2:39 AM
Dec 2017
2024 ? did I read it correctly?!!!!! yup! its 2024!!!!!!!!!. let's go!!!!
Jan 18, 2:40 AM

Jul 2021
I WILL BE THERE AAA PERFECT TIME TO START THE LN FOR THIS SEASON SOON
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 18, 2:40 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to MegamiRem
BerriesSan said:
now we wait 5 years

Yubisoft said:

MegamiRem said:

If they're doing multiple adaptations, then that means we'll be getting Orokamonogatari by Fall 2024 and so on after that?

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 18, 2:43 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to _cjessop19_
MegamiRem said:

If they're doing multiple adaptations, then that means we'll be getting Orokamonogatari by Fall 2024 and so on after that?
_cjessop19_ said:
They did announce it for this year so unless it's delayed it should start by fall yeah?
Jan 18, 2:47 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to MegamiRem
_cjessop19_ said:
They did announce it for this year so unless it's delayed it should start by fall yeah?
@MegamiRem Assuming production has just recently started or has started in the past couple of months, then it's possible to have a potential 12 episode anime done in the next 9 months

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 18, 2:55 AM

May 2021
Reply to MegamiRem
BerriesSan said:
now we wait 5 years

Yubisoft said:

@MegamiRem
Vindstot said:
is being produced this year.

also 2024年制作決定 directly from their X account . So given how generally slow they are , doesn't mean that we are not gonna wait years like the season 3 of one punch man or Fire Force Season 3 for example.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 18, 2:57 AM

Feb 2018
Mayoi my beloved, how I've missed you

We are so back!!!

Jan 18, 2:59 AM

Nov 2019
Better late than never

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 18, 3:00 AM

Oct 2022
It's offical now, I'm so ready.
Jan 18, 3:03 AM
Aug 2023
PEAK FICTION IS BACK LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Jan 18, 3:10 AM

Jul 2013
Cannot believe ZokuOwari aired 5 years ago...
Jan 18, 3:20 AM

Aug 2020
Okay now are really talking...

Jan 18, 3:49 AM

Aug 2020
I used to pray for times like this.
Jan 18, 3:52 AM

Apr 2021
Ahhhh
This is happiness.
Jan 18, 4:00 AM

Aug 2019
peak is back? I haven’t been this hyped for a sequel ever, might be time for a rewatch once a date is revealed
Jan 18, 4:12 AM

Feb 2012
Maybe this means Vertical will finally continue translating the novels. It must have done well, yet they stopped and never explained why.
Jan 18, 4:23 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Peak fiction is finally back on the menu. God bless
Jan 18, 4:30 AM
Sep 2020
Let's go!!!! I can't wait for this. Best news of 2024
Jan 18, 4:50 AM

May 2020
This is the best timeline.

We'll all be there.
Jan 18, 5:25 AM

Jan 2020
HEYYYY, it’s back! A much welcomed return to the series. Can’t wait to see Araragi again after so long lol.
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

May 2023
this is going to be delicious
Jan 18, 6:20 AM

Sep 2020
Ain't No Way

NO FUCKING WAY THIS IS REAL!!!

I thought I was being played by Mal but damn this is the best News I've ever got in this Month!

I always knew Shaft wouldn't abandon their "Golden child" but Off And Monster Season at the same time was a Huge surprise to me

I didn't expect this day would come.
Jan 18, 6:25 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I HAVE WAITED AGES FOR THIS, BUT WHERE IS HANEKAWA TSUBASA???????? :(
Jan 18, 6:25 AM

Aug 2020
Peak is coming back into my life. Now I can rewatch it with no regret
Jan 18, 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
I knew there were more Monogatari novels but no idea what they're about. I see Nadeko on the cover tough so I'll definitely watch. Also I think That's Tsukihi with the long hair? I like it.
Jan 18, 6:52 AM
Apr 2021
I will be there no matter what
Jan 18, 6:55 AM
Dec 2019
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jan 18, 7:11 AM

Oct 2021
Based from the logo alone, it seems that they are combining both Off & Monster Seasons into one adaptation. If that's the case, then it'll have an equal or more episodes compared to the Second Season + Hanamonogatari.
Jan 18, 7:25 AM

Nov 2012
Hopefully the tourists that became anime fans in the time since the last season back the off with their complaining when this returns.
Jan 18, 8:47 AM
May 2019
Just finished the series for the first time and loved it. My Christmas wish is that this would happen this year. As soon as Aniplex started teasing an announcement I had a feeling it was this. I guess the community can thank me 😆
Jan 18, 8:51 AM
May 2019
Reply to Starshadrexx
HEYYYY, it’s back! A much welcomed return to the series. Can’t wait to see Araragi again after so long lol.
@Starshadrexx Don't you mean Ararararagi? 😝
Jan 18, 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
Heckkkkkk yeahhh !!! Cannot almost believe my eyes. The recent state of Shaft had me convinced that we would never get another Monogatari series. But Alas, we got an announcement and for 2024 at that !!

The golden age of anime is slowly coming back. First Ginpachi-sensei and Kimi ni Todoke S3. Then the announcement of 'The One Piece', which I'm the most excited for. And now this. We eating good boys 😁
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 8:56 AM
May 2019
Reply to VanishingKira
Hopefully the tourists that became anime fans in the time since the last season back the off with their complaining when this returns.
@VanishingKira Don't worry, I just finished the series and it has to be the best series I've watched since I got into anime some 5 years ago. I can't wait for more epic Hanekawa upskirts 🤣
Jan 18, 8:57 AM

Jul 2013
Madoka is continuing and now two more seasons of Monogatari get adapted. The timeline is not lost after all.
Jan 18, 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Badonkers
Based from the logo alone, it seems that they are combining both Off & Monster Seasons into one adaptation. If that's the case, then it'll have an equal or more episodes compared to the Second Season + Hanamonogatari.
@Badonkers Unless they cut a lot and increase the pacing I doubt they'll adapt everything in a single (2 cour) season.

Second Season (incl Hana) adapted six volumes with ~1750 pages in 28 episodes.
Off Season has four volumes with ~1050 pages.
Monster Season has six volumes with ~1600 pages.

I would love to be surprised otherwise but currently I'm expecting Off Season to start airing in December and continue throughout the winter 2025 season.
(Which is still great for me since I almost gave up hope on this)
Jan 18, 10:03 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Simar
@Badonkers Unless they cut a lot and increase the pacing I doubt they'll adapt everything in a single (2 cour) season.

Second Season (incl Hana) adapted six volumes with ~1750 pages in 28 episodes.
Off Season has four volumes with ~1050 pages.
Monster Season has six volumes with ~1600 pages.

I would love to be surprised otherwise but currently I'm expecting Off Season to start airing in December and continue throughout the winter 2025 season.
(Which is still great for me since I almost gave up hope on this)
@Simar i doubt shaft's gonna cut much depending on past records
Jan 18, 10:12 AM
Jun 2021
Reminder that Senjougahara is worst girl no matter the canon outcome
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 18, 10:17 AM

May 2012

YES! Been waiting for ages!!!

Jan 18, 1:42 PM
Feb 2016
I am hoping with this (which I am more than hyped for alone) we will also see the light novels being officially translated and published in English as well.
Jan 18, 3:10 PM

May 2022
Reply to TheMechaManiac
Reminder that Senjougahara is worst girl no matter the canon outcome
@TheMechaManiac i can recognize a salty hanekawa simp when i see one...
Jan 18, 3:11 PM

May 2022
Let's go! i'm in hanamonogatari currently and i really enjoyed the second season!
Jan 18, 3:11 PM

May 2022
@animegamer245 Such wisdom...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

1 by betaweeb »»
11 minutes ago

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Reveals More Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
14 minutes ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by arne0 »»
55 minutes ago

» Voice Actress Aya Hirano, Actor Masashi Taniguchi Announce Marriage

Vindstot - Jan 2

36 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
2 hours ago

» 'Odd Taxi' Director Baku Kinoshita Helms 'Housenka' Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.