Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Third semester with new promotions, particular for Ayanokoji's class.

Looks like right off the bat, we got an special type of test mixing in their class with another. They're not really wasting any time this season to get the drama and competition going again. Good to see most of the familiar cast back again and I see some intimidating rivalries building up. Should be an interesting season. Theme songs are still as stylish as always.

May 2020
Last season was a huge miss in terms of animation and sorts, and we’re not even talking about the light speed pace they adapted the volumes with yet lol. Though it goes without saying, they won’t improve much over the pace, at the very least they should try to maintain a decent standard of art… which isn’t looking much promising from the get go.

Anyways, without wasting a shred of second, we started with volume 8… the mountain training camp or whatever good name it has. As usual, this school being the most anime-ish it could be, is going all the way to organize a mixed training camp for all the classes of all the years. Liked how they didn’t even try to explain the specifics properly lol.

They’re going to assume everyone has read the novel, so anyways lol. As for the main thing, the group Ayanokouji is in has some really interesting characters like Koenji and Hashimoto lol. We’ll know better going forward, but hey since these small groups will go on to become a part of the larger group with the second years and third years as well, they’d have to do their part of curricular activities too… as profoundly as they could.

Koenji being an ass, and Sakanayagi furthering her will to fight Ayanokouji head-on aside, this episode was just an overview of the beginning parts of this volume… was expected ngl. Also hey, Nagumo made his first proper appearance(I guess?), and we know he’s going to be that bad guy going forward. Manabu and Ayanokouji’s meeting towards the end confirmed the obvious, yeah.

This will again be, 1 Volume = 3 episodes, with the last .5 getting the short end of the stick again smh. Hopeless pacing again… they took some extra time and this is the result of that lol. Can’t say there’s much to be impressed about.

Opening is the worst one yet(if that was actually the opening).

Dec 2021
After the disappointing adaptation of last season, we're back, and we jump right back in and start the Mixed Training Camp arc.

ZAQ has returned as per usual, and honestly, this one might be her best one yet. The visuals accompanying it might also be the best so far.

As they entered the third semester and moved up from Class D to Class C, Ayanokoji and his classmates were headed towards the special exam called Mixed Training Camp, conducted with students from all grades. This unique test involved forming groups with students from a different class, despite their previous rivalries. Discord was inevitable. However, there was a rule stating that if they fell below a certain threshold, students would face expulsion.

Horikita is making an effort to win Kushida over, even though her dislike for her remains strong. Meanwhile, Horikita's brother has asked Ayanokoji to handle the new student council president, Nagumo. There's worry that Nagumo might use his power to expel students even more frequently.

For us who have been following the show for a while, the focus is likely on Ayanokoji's next move - it's almost like watching a game of chess in four dimensions. We might have to wait for another episode or two to see how Ayanokoji's latest plan unfolds and pays off amidst all the maneuvering between these characters.

With this season set to cover the last 4 volumes of the first-year arc, get ready for another rushed experience.

Jul 2017
The FINAL Season 3 to finish off the entire 1st Year arc since its beginnings in Summer 2017, I'm stoked.

ZAQ's Season 3's OP keeps the same momentum as per prior seasons, though this is (debatable) definitely the weakest song of the 3.

Continuing on with Volume 8 of the LN, starts the Mixed Training Camp, with Ayanokouji's Class D promoted to Class C. But with everyone on their own, he can't quite cover for them, and has to pick and choose his candidates. And almost immediately, the clash of the council presidents with Horikita's brother Manabu and current president Miyabi Nagumo, it's proving to be a duel of confidence for the latter. Other than that, being in mixed classes doesn't do any favours if they don't get along, other than the fact that all genders are mixed during mealtimes for strategic planning. At least for Horikita wanting to ascend into Class A, it's not going to be an easy task.

Despite all of the interpersonal problems, having Yukimura as Arisu Sakayanagi's right-hand man, Ayanokouji got some good intel out of this. Still though, the clash of the titans will have to wait since Arisu is targeting Class B first with Honami Ichinose harvesting all of the class points to herself as a safety net. Kei is still Ayanokouji's confidante at this point, so it's hard to say how things will go this time given his exploits of the past. And the one person he needs to deal with is Nagumo, together with Manabu, as a way to offset a favour, together with Ikuto Kiriyama of Class 2-B being the 2nd Years' informant who parades around Nagumo but is actually serving Manabu.

The Mixed Training Camp will have implications for all...let the psychological games begin, for one last time.

Sadly, Lerche just keeps dropping the ball on their animation production, which is only the elephant in the room of the series since Season 2 and this were both done haphazardly worse. Just looking forward to what to conclusion has for us now.
KANLen09Jan 3, 6:35 PM
Jan 3, 6:02 AM
Sep 2022
fantastic comeback
Jan 3, 6:07 AM

Apr 2021
And this show is back with a third season!!! It was great to see Ayanokoji again.

So I guess this whole arc revolves around him and Arisu. I'm looking forward to all those interesting, unexpected developments that'll happen in this season!!!
Jan 3, 6:11 AM

Jan 2020
I'm happy to see this anime is back again, especially since it started airing this year that early. It's also quite a comeback to see Class D getting promoted, impressive.

That OP theme though... We will have a lot of moments revolving around Ayanokouji and Arisu in this arc for sure.
RaiYouJan 3, 6:18 AM

Jan 3, 6:14 AM
Apr 2023
that was overall an great episode with the improvement in animation + the pacing looks alot alot better I haven't read Ln yet I'm now more looking forward for this season 😀
Jan 3, 6:15 AM
Jun 2022
Wish this would have got more eps but I’ll still like the show anyways. The ED is fine once again though
Jan 3, 6:24 AM
Jul 2023
Normal characters introduction and plan set up episode.

Got to see Ayanokoji muscles tho.
Jan 3, 6:27 AM
Sep 2015
I don't want to study in a school that want to expel its students all the time, no matter how good that school is. At least it's fun to watch what's happening in that school as an outsider.
Anyway, I already forget which guy belong to which class so I've to check the official website for a reminder at http://you-zitsu.com/character.html
I kinda expect more onsen scene but what I got is Kouenji's muscle, which is not bad, but not exactly what I looking for. Give me more of Ryuen Kakeru please!
Jan 3, 6:30 AM

Feb 2021
Quotes are back! And everyone must must remember the visuals from the previous season, but thankfully the BD had a crap ton of corrections, so it actually looks good now lol. And no one cares, but I actually watched the last 4 episodes of season 2 over the past couple days (got busy when it was airing), and yep, they were the best.
HOLUP WHEN DID THEY ADVANCE TO CLASS C. I guess it's because of the case with Ryuuen Dragon Boy lol.
Can we appreciate Kushida's VA (Kubo Yurika) for a moment. It's amazing how she can speak with two such different tones.
12:49 Koenji said "Showa-era delinquent" here (Showa was from 1926 to 1989). Idk what's up with this but okay.
Shiina is the girl that Ayanokoji was talking with in the library near the end of season 2. Her voice sounds like heaven (Rieri!)
The OP is really good! The one from season 2 is still my favorite though. And seems like we'll see a lot of Sakayanagi this season, nice!
Things will probably be rushed as hell again, 4 volumes in one cour damn. Someday I will get the LNs.
Jan 3, 6:33 AM
May 2018
Art style looks quite a lot better compared to s2, so I'm happy. They didn't do Manabu dirty this time (hopefully this lasts)
Jan 3, 6:33 AM
Sep 2022
Volume 8 is the weakest in the franchise, so I don't mind them rushing it.
Jan 3, 6:34 AM

Oct 2017
Finally back after 4 seasons and starting things off with a brand new exam arc. The moment Nagumo challenged Horikita I knew he was gonna work together with Ayanokouji. Really excited to see the two of them work together and bring down the current student council president. Kushida remains a bitch, still hasn't learned her lesson wow. Anyway was good to see everyone again. Also that was the OP song at the end I assume, was nice. Good to have this back and looking forward to more.
Jan 3, 6:38 AM
Oct 2021
Ayanoukoji saying "You might just lose this one, Horikita Manabu" is yet another one of the moments which put me in overthinking mode...
1) Is Ayanoukoji already affiliated with Nagumo and working with him?
2) How can he predict this when he "Doesn't know much about the upperclassmen"
3) Is it just intuition or does he seriously have some intel to predict this?
Jan 3, 6:46 AM

Oct 2022
Classroom of the Elite is back and with its first episode being a set up for the whole season.

That new Student Council President is going to be interesting to see in coming episodes.
Jan 3, 6:48 AM
Jul 2022
no t-rex scene season ruined
Jan 3, 6:56 AM

May 2021
Damn I did NOT expect that this show airs today!
Jan 3, 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
Interested to see where they take Ryuen from here and what we'll see Manabu do
Gift by Mimurona

Jan 3, 7:02 AM

Nov 2010
That cramped quarters depicts a school camp very well. and the physical training... phew.
Jan 3, 7:03 AM
Apr 2021
for 1 episode season 3 is not bad
Jan 3, 7:07 AM
Jan 2018
It’s back after so long!
Jan 3, 7:12 AM
Aug 2022
Our Ideal is back!!! 🤩🤩🎉🎉🎉🔥🔥.
Kiyotaka Ayanokoji
Jan 3, 7:15 AM
Jan 2024
can they complete the whole remaining part of the 1st year in just a 13 episodes season will it mean they'll have to trim out a lot of the source material to make it fit
Jan 3, 7:24 AM
Aug 2017
Let's be honest, the anime will never do justice to the novel itself however, you can count on it to animate the big moments properly. They animated around 160 pages in this episode alone but honestly the set up of the main aspects of the plot was still good enough to make an anime only wonder and get excited. Let's go s3~
Jan 3, 7:29 AM
Jan 2020
Why they couldn't just make the show look like the last 2 OP's aesthetic to hide the obvious lackluster animation

like most of lerche's shows already looks vibrant as shit and they give CoTE the bland treatment
Jan 3, 7:30 AM
Aug 2020
i don't trust nagumo

so glad for this s3
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 3, 7:44 AM

Jul 2014
We are so back, I missed this show a lot. We start with a new training and this time Ayanokoji is having it tough with this one because he cant play around the rules. Cant wait to see the rest of the eps
Jan 3, 7:46 AM

Feb 2018
Just want to say no t Rex no party, bad scene ever for this one
Jan 3, 7:47 AM
Mar 2022
Arisu & Kei ♥️
Jan 3, 7:50 AM
May 2021
Very much looking forward to a new season of Ayanokoji crushing another opponent
Jan 3, 7:51 AM

Mar 2022
lots of anticipated interactions and a good set up for the rest of the season
Jan 3, 7:55 AM
Dec 2023
Absolutely 10 out of 10...animation is far better than the rest of previous seasons...loved it 😍😍
Jan 3, 8:06 AM
Oct 2023
Another 13 weeks of behaving like Ayanokoji to improve myself. let's goo
Jan 3, 8:16 AM
Dec 2015
Nice start also i like the opening , Lets hope that quality wont drop off.
Jan 3, 8:24 AM
Oct 2019
It's good to see Ayanokoji again, I really hope for this season o.o
Jan 3, 8:33 AM
Jan 2024
mmto incrivel melhor anime da historia
Jan 3, 8:39 AM
May 2021
Koji… HES BACKKKKKKKKK!!
Lets fckn go ZAQ w/ another banger yh? Going 3/3? Fckn goo yr1 gonna be fully adapted.
Jan 3, 8:46 AM
Jun 2023
heheeh, it was nice to see mc again,and animation looks kind of different. and this season went directly without any drama
Jan 3, 8:48 AM
Jun 2021
was the t-rex scene skipped? i dont really remember when it happened in the LN
Jan 3, 8:56 AM
Dec 2023
The episode was normal, it was a very calm start.
Jan 3, 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Classroom of the Elite is back and it was.... really boring. To be fair, volume 8 is one of the worst volumes in the series when I originally read it years ago so I should have expected that but still, it went by quickly with speeding through the volume while simultaneously somehow being so dry to watch for me as a whole. I did like the openings of the first two seasons but this one was mediocre as well, very forgettable as a whole both song-wise and visually too. Just a very flat and soulless experience overall from start to finish.
Jan 3, 8:58 AM
Sep 2022
disturbingly boring mc, awful plot, poor suspense, extremely mid
Jan 3, 8:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty nice venue for their special exam. Must be pretty pricey as well. Shared responsibility is a good challenge for the exam as it makes them think of the consequences if they don't shape up. Its unfortunate but Kiyou's never gonna trust anyone but herself with her secret. Nice way to wake them up i guess. The girls sure bonded more easily than the boys. Kei really is Ayanojouji's best support. The side front for Horikita senior sure complicates things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 8:59 AM

Aug 2020
YEAAAAAHHHH IT'S YOUJITSU 3 TIME

I'll watch the episode now. Can't wait to see the final 1st year test adapted.

Jan 3, 9:13 AM

May 2023
Reply to Nicharonii
disturbingly boring mc, awful plot, poor suspense, extremely mid
@Nicharonii and yet your wasting your time watching it lmaoo
Jan 3, 9:14 AM

May 2023
Good start, better art than season 2 imo. excited for whats coming

Feb 2021
Oh, so they didn't even show the ending of vol 7.5....
Guess .5 volumes will mostly be skipped.

The season already starts directly into the beginning of vol. 8, and they changed so Kiriyama was introduced in this part, instead of being introduced on vol 7.5 like he was supposed to.

I also can't wait for the T-Rex scene, I really hope they do justice to it.
Apr 2022
COTE the GOAT is Back!!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

187 by FONZACUS »»
Today, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

155 by Ittan_Momen »»
May 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

211 by KinjiKido »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

136 by ANIk_003 »»
May 14, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

105 by Alex_TheForest »»
May 13, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.