Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2023 5:59 PM

Jan 2023
After watching the first episode at a Crunchyroll premiere I'm sure I'm going to like this.
I haven't read the original manga, so I don't know how good the adaptation is, but I thought it was perfect. They make very cute moments when it's time, funny moments when it's time and they also show very well the environment in which the protagonist finds herself and her insecurities and joys in life.
For his part, the other protagonist immediately realizes the girl's problem and does his best to communicate with her. It may be a bit clumsy or however you want it to be, but it seemed to me that the girl has been looking for someone like that for a long time and hadn't found anyone but her friend.
Dec 7, 2023 7:43 PM
Jul 2022
I highly recommend this anime when it comes out, the first episode was so good. Just watch the first one when it's out and you'll get hooked. The rizzz was too much.
Dec 8, 2023 2:06 AM
Jul 2019
There was nothing to look for here lol. Your basic Ikemen ML, and a woman who she loves him, but always gets rejected. Petite woman and her childhood friend who loves her as well. Unrequited, of course. Lol.

Ikemen and Petite woman falls in love~~

And, there is a discussion about her hearing aids doesn't do anything.
Dec 31, 2023 12:56 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
This thread has been cleaned and converted into an episode discussion thread.

The episode was officially premiered prior to the live television broadcast. Please only post in this thread once you have seen the episode. Posts asking where to watch the episode will be removed.
Jan 5, 7:57 AM
Aug 2022
Yuki-San She is so cute 😍.
Ricky16Jan 6, 6:07 AM
Jan 6, 12:11 AM

Jun 2021
Ain't this just a copy of A silent voice?
Jan 6, 5:05 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to jtredenick
@jtredenick Yup, in many ways which is one, but is slightly different in its execution.
Jan 6, 5:31 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to jtredenick
@jtredenick other than deaf fmc it is completely different💀
Jan 6, 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
What a beautiful episode. It was very cute and wholesome.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 6, 5:57 AM

May 2020
Pretty obvious to draw comparisons with a silent voice given the female lead here is a deaf too. Though hey, Shouko there wasn't talking inside her head the way our main heroine is doing here lol.

Anyways, as it goes in the world of anime, just when the main girl found herself in the most anime-ish scenario… I mean a sort of foreigner asking her for directions, there appeared a super handsome guy with silver hairs no less, helping her out. Needless to say, like any other shoujo guy, this dude already started acting overly familiar with Yuki, I mean you don’t usually pat on someone’s head… a girl, no less on your very first meeting, right? Lol.

By the way, it was cute to see she and her friend trying to know more about the main dude by visiting the bar sort of he works in, I guess. I mean the way they conversed with whiteboards and all didn’t really feel awkward, if nothing. Just the first episode, and the main leads have already exchanged contact information, so that’s something of a feat ig lol.

It’s again one of those stories, where one of the mains is already in love with the other one from the first minute. Oh well, anyways. Nice, “It’s Fine” gesture though:) Okay start.

Engrish wasn’t too bad as well lol.
Jan 6, 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
I loved the hell out of mangaka duo suu Morishita's Hibi Chouchou a.k.a Like a Butterfly, so the next evolution of their latest work of Yubisaki to Renren, I know the manga is amazing and stands in line with Koe no Katachi a.k.a A Silent Voice being very similar in their aspects.

Novelbright is back with another OP, and this is just some smooth, good music. ChoQMay's ED is also light-hearted delightfulness.

The world of Yuki Itose, she may look like a typical young woman enjoying the typical life, but her meeting a foreigner on the train who requests for directions, this silver-haired young man helped him, whom she recognizes as part of her friend's Cultural Exchange Club in college. The truth is, Yuki's deaf and can only relate in sign language, so he makes his lip-syncing easier to read for her. That was their first meeting, and Yuki's friend of Rin Fujishiro recognizes him as Itsuomi Nagi, whom she has a crush on his cousin Kyouya Nagi, who's working in a cafe n' bar as both worker and boss respectively.

But holy wow, Nagi's hands can cover the entirety of Yuki's head, apart from being the English, German, Chinese and German trilingual backpacker who recently came back from Canada, entertaining customers both local and foreign. The kiss is expected of a foreigner saying hello, and Rin has already made her move to get Kyouya's contact deets, though Yuki is late to the party, whom Rin gives her a push as Itsuomi walks her home. The feelings of love piled up on Yuki enough to encourage her to get Itsuomi's contact, and he wants to get into her world, which she obliges.

This is a Shoujo romance story that you WILL feel the hearts for. Definitely one of the romance shows to look out in this season.
KANLen09Jan 6, 7:54 PM
Jan 6, 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
The series has been getting a lot of love from the shojo fans I follow, and it totally makes sense why they're so excited about it.

Novelbright's OP is very calm and soothing, just what I'd expect for a show like this. The visuals were the biggest surprise for me—so vibrant and colorful. While ChoQMay's ED is pretty chill, nothing too out of this world. It is one of those unique ones that shows the preview of the next episode though, so that's neat.

Yuki, a college student navigating the challenges of being deaf, finds herself having a tough day. It's Itsuomi, an upperclassman from her school, who steps in without hesitation to help her out. What's heartwarming is that Itsuomi doesn't treat her hearing impairment as a barrier; he interacts with her naturally. Slowly, as he introduces Yuki to new experiences, she starts to develop feelings for Itsuomi. Yet, it's a random meeting on a train that brings Yuki face-to-face with Itsuomi's friend-of-a-friend, another student. This unexpected encounter begins to open up her world in ways she hadn't anticipated.

Obviously, this gave me major Koe no Katachi vibes, and seeing as that's one of my favorite movies in general, not just anime, count me in. What really got me with this episode was how absolutely gorgeous it looked. I mean, every detail, from the little movements of the characters to the choice of colors, gave the show this incredible vibe that was just so charming. And you know what? It didn't make a big deal out of Yuki's disability; it let her story unfold naturally. The subtle use of muted sounds in the opening scene, giving us a glimpse of the world from her perspective, was a nice touch. But the best part? It focused more on Yuki experiencing her first taste of love, complete with all the excitement and awkwardness that comes with it. It turned out to be a delightful watch.

I was already interested in the show, but now I'm even more hooked. Can't wait for the next episodes.

Jan 6, 6:00 AM

Jan 2018
Peak shoujo romance is finally here. It's so great to see Yuki and Itsuomi in the anime. They are soo cute together. Great start. Can't wait for more wholesomeness.
ARK-13Jan 6, 6:18 AM
Jan 6, 6:03 AM

Feb 2021
For this work 12 episodes is a very few. I will read the manga after the anime for sure.
Jan 6, 6:05 AM
Jul 2023
Perfection!

Every emotions are perfectly convey and every interactions have meaningful intent. The cute and beautiful visual is the cherry on top.

Definitely gonna be one of the best series this season.
Jan 6, 6:26 AM

Sep 2019
After Mid kun at lvl 99 and My mid marriage here comes another shoujo romance, hope this one will be good and live upto the hype unlike the other two and rest which I don't even remember the names. Those weren't bad but weren't even close to how good people were praising them to be. This looks better than those from the first episode atleast.
ArimaKanaJan 6, 6:33 AM
Jan 6, 6:28 AM

Nov 2010
  • I thought deaf people hear/feel their heartbeats better than people without disabilities, since they are not bothered with noise.
  • I'm not familiar with this kind of story. Koe no Katachi is the only anime I remember, though there were some popular live-action TV drama like Hoshi no Kinka and Aishiteiru to Ittekure. They are good stories, but kind of heavy... Yankee-kun to Hakujou Girl seems real but was not so heavy and ok.

Jan 6, 6:31 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to ArimaKana
After Mid kun at lvl 99 and My mid marriage here comes another shoujo romance, hope this one will be good and live upto the hype unlike the other two and rest which I don't even remember the names. Those weren't bad but weren't even close to how good people were praising them to be. This looks better than those from the first episode atleast.
@ArimaKana i don't think this one will be good for you and next season you will call this A Sign of Mid
Jan 6, 6:31 AM

Sep 2020
@Memore Not enough material is available for a 2 cour season. This manga is prity new.
Jan 6, 6:33 AM
Sep 2023
ArimaKana said:
ARK-13 said:
Peak shoujo romance is finally here. It's so great to see Yuki and Itsuomi in the anime. They are soo cute together. Great start. Can't wait for more wholesomeness.
No offence but I literally saw you post the same thing that peak is here for multiple other animes this season which seemed also of questionable qualities. So will this one be good and what to expect from it? I'm not bashing these animes or you by the way so don't take it negatively.

what he said was a fact
Jan 6, 6:33 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to jtredenick
@jtredenick No the story is completely different. Silent Voice is a coming of age story wherelse this one is a pure romance.
Jan 6, 6:34 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to ZXEAN
@Memore Not enough material is available for a 2 cour season. This manga is prity new.
@ZXEAN, yes, I know, still I would like to see a second season 2 soon after the final episode.
Jan 6, 6:35 AM

Oct 2017
That was a sweet first episode, specially that ending scene. That caught me offguard a bit, so adorable. So are they dating now? Hoping the best for Rin chan too, she's a great girl. This looked so pretty btw, the artstyle/visuals really suits the story. Yuki looks like Rinko from Ore Monogatari and is sweet like her too. OP/ED were both nice.

Was looking forward to this as I heard lots of good stuff about it. So far the first episode was pretty good. Liked the setting and stuff even though it's mostly typical shoujo stuff. Hope it'll turn out to be a good romance.
MegamiRemJan 6, 8:12 AM
Jan 6, 6:35 AM
Aug 2017
AND IT'S FINALLY HERE. The anime adaptation of one of my favorite manga of all time. And I have to say they did one heck of a good job. The adaptation was perfect and very faithful to the manga. It has a banger of an opening accompanied by amazing visuals. Can't wait to see more of it.
Jan 6, 6:36 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@ZXEAN so 40 chapter is not enough to make 24 eps?
Jan 6, 6:37 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to ZXEAN
@jtredenick No the story is completely different. Silent Voice is a coming of age story wherelse this one is a pure romance.
@ZXEAN I swear they are saying that just because of the deaf aspect. By that logic every anime with a deaf protagonist is copying a silent voice lol
Jan 6, 6:43 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to kisaragi_eki
@ZXEAN so 40 chapter is not enough to make 24 eps?
@kisaragi_eki If they adapt 2+ chapters per episodes then NO.
Jan 6, 6:47 AM
Aug 2020
one episode is enough for me

i'm in love with this one, everything was almost perfect

we needed something like that

i can't wait to watch the next one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 6, 6:49 AM

Jun 2012
This is very cute, and I like to see a disabled MC, since that's pretty rare. I'm a bit iffy with one of the dude's lines on the train, and the surprise touches, but otherwise it's fairly fluffy.

This also reminded me that I need to find a good Swedish Sign Language app to learn it, since my grandma is starting to lose her hearing. I'll have to try to keep an eye out for what difrferences in JSL and SSL there are, through this anime and learning for myself.
Jan 6, 6:51 AM
Jul 2019
Watching the first episode of Yubisaki no Renren made me realize that Ajia-do is an above-average anime studio.

However, I wish Ajia-do had given the same treatment to the adaptation of Ascendance of a Bookworm, as they did with Kakushigoto and Sign of Affection. Unfortunately, they performed poorly with Bookworm in terms of adapting the story accurately, maintaining consistent drawings, and rushing the plot.
Jan 6, 7:14 AM

Mar 2021
Really liked this opening episode Yuki is so adorable and lovable
Jan 6, 7:15 AM

Apr 2022
peak shoujo and the best romance of the season is finally here!! i haven't been this excited for an anime since fall 2022 and this first episode didn't disappoint.
reading the manga already made me feel warm inside and experiencing it in anime format again did the same. opening is beautiful and i'm loving the osts, although i'm not sure if i've seen anything else from this studio so i'm worried about whether the visual quality will drop or not but so far so good.
yuki is so cute and itsuomi's deadpan faces are jokes. excited for more positive vibes and i hope the rest of this adaptation goes well. this is definitely gonna be the show i look forward to the most every week this season.
Jan 6, 7:29 AM
May 2021
Wow. It's a great start. Faithfully adapted and overall aesthetics here are top notch delivered. I'm positive that this is a contender for the top romance anime of this year.
Jan 6, 7:36 AM

Oct 2020
That was beautiful episode to watch, Yuki is so adoreable.
Jan 6, 7:39 AM
Jan 2022
So freaking cuteeeeee
Indeed I think she “felt in love” to soon but he is pretty, smart and tall so I will close my eyes and just enjoy their love hehe
Jan 6, 7:40 AM
Feb 2015
They were cute and look like the romance is purest thing, but i have to say how can the guy be overly familiar to her, or am i delusional. Also she fall in love in first meeting is the most shoujo thing ever.
Jan 6, 7:41 AM

Aug 2015
These two are so fucking cute together! And holy shit Itsuomi is the god of rizz

This has potential to be the best romance anime of the season, maybe even the year if it holds up, and likely will become one of my favorites
Jan 6, 7:44 AM

Mar 2021
This guy aiming to be penta-lingual, I half-expected Yuki and Rin's clapping to gradually shift from genuinely impressed to *dude are you trying too hard* XD

I love the character designs! It's something that anime featuring college-aged students have over high school and office demographics: no uniforms (or suits that function as uniforms), more opportunities to show off characters' unique styles. Like aahh those scarves ^^
Jan 6, 7:48 AM

Aug 2015
Reply to jumbosan
They were cute and look like the romance is purest thing, but i have to say how can the guy be overly familiar to her, or am i delusional. Also she fall in love in first meeting is the most shoujo thing ever.
@jumbosan I agree he's being a little bit too familiar with her, but he seems like he might be a little socially inept, so perhaps he just doesn't understand social boundaries. As for falling in love on the first meeting, it's a bit cliche but it isn't far from reality, it happens sometimes especially for someone who's new to the feeling
coreynjJan 6, 8:05 AM
Jan 6, 7:50 AM
Dec 2021
Fuck yes finally a good romance.
Jan 6, 7:53 AM
May 2018
I would say the only weird thing is that Yuki's mom doesn't talk to her with sign language
Jan 6, 7:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Extremely pretty anime all around. The first 5-6 minutes were an incredible intro IMO and the best part of the episode, got me goosebumps.

Great sound design.

Jan 6, 8:00 AM

Jul 2021
My diabetes <3 Not too anything deep, their relationship is just so sweet and what carries this series IMHO as a manga reader.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 2021
Goddamn it, I already have a romance picked for this season, but Yuki is so damn cute it's criminal.

May 2015
It seems a nice little romantic series. The build-up of their relationship was a bit too fast for me, but let's see where it is going.
Jan 6, 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
So far it seems nice but my Japanese reading isn't good enough to follow what they were talking about, luckily they were not only talking true text so i could follow some of what was going on.
I like Yuki's inner dialog tho.
Jan 6, 8:10 AM
Jan 2023
Is this some adult version of silent voice?
Jan 6, 8:17 AM
Dec 2023
hear me out..

itsuomi- gojo
kyouya- yuta

if ykyk :)
Jan 6, 8:25 AM
Oct 2019
HOW BEAUTIFUL, my god, I loved this episode, this anime is going to be incredible
Jan 6, 8:26 AM

Sep 2020
Peak romance anime of this season is here.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:22 PM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.