Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2023 8:55 AM
Dec 2021
I would like the director, animators and everyone involved to get some well deserved praise.
They did a wonderful job.
AnimeIs4KidzDec 31, 2023 8:59 AM
Dec 31, 2023 9:51 AM
Oct 2020
This was a greeeat movie, easily my top 10 anime of the year, would love the sequel mangas to be adapted
Dec 31, 2023 10:10 AM
Jul 2022
AnimeIs4Kidz said:
I would like the director, animators and everyone involved to get some well deserved praise.
They did a wonderful job.

this movie imo is as good as a pure music anime can get, it highlights the key plot sequences, leaves the deeper storytelling to the manga and focusses on the music performances (the one thing the manga cant do)
unfortunately you need both interest and (to some extent) knowledge of a very niche music genre to see the true brilliance behind the performances which your average anime watcher just doesnt have (understandably so, not meant as disrespect)
Dec 31, 2023 11:40 AM

Jul 2021
I'm just not into jazz that's why I didn't feel the film was all that 7/10 I prefer classical music stuff like your lie in April and Sound Euphonium
Dec 31, 2023 4:46 PM

Dec 2023
Agreed, phenomenal movie! Added to my favorites. There were only two areas where I didn't like the CGI but overall it's an amazing experience.
Jan 3, 3:27 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to BookBirdie
Agreed, phenomenal movie! Added to my favorites. There were only two areas where I didn't like the CGI but overall it's an amazing experience.
@BookBirdie Yeah, one or two cgi scenes are weird but could't care less.
Jan 3, 2:54 PM

Oct 2016
Anime that release in theaters only and don't have mainstream appeal rarely do well initially. I feel like Blue Giant will get its due acclaim in time.
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Aug 2020
Well it's decent at least.
May 25, 1:34 AM
Nov 2020
The voice acting, the story and cinematography, absolutely love every bit of it!
I cant believe this ain't receiving much hype
May 31, 1:59 PM
Jun 2019
Reply to BookBirdie
@BookBirdie One of the trailers showed a weird CGI performance, so I wasn't expecting much. Which was a shame, since it's an adaptation of a great manga.
In the film, however, that weird CGI was used in a quite witty manner. It gave some scenes the needed fluidity (where it would be a pain to draw frame by frame) and it was quickly cut to either one individual performance, the crowd or a favourable angle. What I thought would be a major flaw ended up being a tiny detail suffocated by good directing and an outstanding soundtrack.
Jun 1, 12:15 AM

Dec 2023
Reply to PiroquioGepputto
@BookBirdie One of the trailers showed a weird CGI performance, so I wasn't expecting much. Which was a shame, since it's an adaptation of a great manga.
In the film, however, that weird CGI was used in a quite witty manner. It gave some scenes the needed fluidity (where it would be a pain to draw frame by frame) and it was quickly cut to either one individual performance, the crowd or a favourable angle. What I thought would be a major flaw ended up being a tiny detail suffocated by good directing and an outstanding soundtrack.
@PiroquioGepputto Yeah, the decision to apace one of performance scenes that heavily relied on CGI is pretty genius. The other was carefully interlaced into some mixed media-type of visuals, it felt like a homage to creative art in general. Can definitely appreciate that!

The manga is so good. Had a stronger ending compared to the movie but it's only slightly altered and kept the same tone. Always enjoy a bold deviation done right, to be its own thing.

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray and streaming services.

MANIKANTA_KJS - May 30

5 by deg »»
May 30, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Blue Giant Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kayune_ - Feb 17, 2023

59 by VICKY31 »»
May 26, 3:35 AM

» Coming to Theatres (India)

Aryu1410 - Mar 5

10 by JoySeeker »»
May 6, 6:28 AM

» How far will the movie cover?

DrOctavius99 - Oct 1, 2023

8 by luca14t »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:36 PM

» When will it be released outside Japan?

RealNath - Mar 28, 2023

9 by Memore »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.