Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2023 4:28 AM

Nov 2011
Raphtalia looked good in her shrine maiden outfit imo. However, this episode was more about her in the role she plays in.

Felt kinda rushed though and it didn't give the finale vibe that I had hoped for. At least we do get all the relevant characters in the show making appearances one more time. Maybe I was expecting more but the season finale definitely felt a little underwhelming.
Dec 22, 2023 4:28 AM

Dec 2021
This episode might be the best of the season, mainly because Raphtalia's miko outfit has made its triumphant return

Naofumi starts training in the Way of the Dragon Vein alongside Sadeena and Gaelion. Meanwhile, back in the village, Elhart pays a visit, delivering fresh gear for Raphtalia. Elhart has completed the requested weapon repairs. Raphtalia's shrine maiden/miko outfit returns unscathed, but in a state of panic, Sadeena attempts to forcefully remove it. Just as Raphtalia tries to explain, an explosion rocks the house where she was changing.

Damn, Raphtalia is not built for booze, lmao. Poor thing, she's already out. Even Gaelion isn't holding up well, lol. You know, watching Naofumi grow from episode 1, I can't help but feel proud of him. Oh, and totally slipped my mind – where the hell is Motoyasu? It's crazy, I didn't expect Raphtalia's miko outfit to lead to a village ambush. Wonder if she's had any contact with her family since we met her. People should cut her some slack; it's been forever. Go Naofumi, invade their country and show them what's up. That old dude, just like his daughter, still thinks Naofumi is a 'demon.'

Talking about Shield Hero always leaves me with mixed feelings. After Naofumi named Bitch and that other guy (forgot his name), the show seems to be going downhill. This season's way better than the last one, but nothing too crazy happened except the hype tournament arc. Feels like this season's setting up for something big. If they announce a season 4, I'm expecting major stuff from Shield Hero. But listening to the ED, it kinda gives off final vibes. So, who knows if we'll get a season 4.

Now that Naofumi's heading out to face Raphtalia's family in Q'ten Lo, it's got me all hyped up for a possible season 4.

Dec 22, 2023 5:08 AM

Feb 2021
Btw for some reason when I first saw Sadeena in the OP it made me think she would be a villain trying to manipulate people. Trauma from Bitch? lol.
Bro when will they get normal buildings, I feel bad for everyone living in that village lmao
I wonder if the author intended for the name of the country to be written as "Q'ten Lo", or it's just the translators trying to make it look cooler lol.
That's a lot of teasers for the next arc. This with the scene after credits pretty much confirms that there will be a next season.

The one thing I want to know now is how did Bitch get rid of the slave crest.
And btw I didn't see anyone mentioning this, but what's up with the art in the ED? It's probably supposed to be an artistic style, but... idk

7/10
The animation was pretty phenomenal this season, but it really felt like they were jamming a ton of content into a small amount of time. I'm sure it's a good story and it's just the adaptation's fault. Still enjoyed it though. (The LN readers must be crying)
EmbientDec 22, 2023 5:28 AM
Dec 22, 2023 5:25 AM

Apr 2020
Big step up from season 2 but far from season 1 imo.
Love Sadeena and her Mai Shiranui VA.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 22, 2023 5:27 AM
Aug 2020
no no ,it was a great episode, this can not end like that

noooooo

i want to see the next one!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 22, 2023 5:48 AM

Dec 2022
does the 3d dragon bother anyone else ?

well it seems it ended carving a road for the next season though it was better than season 2 it cant compare to season 1 and honestly i am getting tired of it if all episodes and season were here i could try to power through it and watch all of it but since it is not i cant hadle it

well it ended it was nothing special probably wont gonna remember it because of solo leveling coming up next season and masle as well
Dec 22, 2023 6:02 AM

Oct 2020
The rating is already down, far from the 1st season..........,well ppl can't be blamed for putting so much expectations after such an interesting premise with such a good pacing n fantastic character arcs, now everything seems so bland, especially the Characters which was the main reason for me to invest my time upon it......., I don't know if the show is meant to fall this down, (since I haven't read the LNs n Now I'm not quite interested either), or if it is just another victim of bad adaptation that just got it's name listed in the LN butcher stack list......

Haven't watched this episode yet, so I won't be talking about the conclusion, just till the recent episode my thoughts would be that It's overall a very decent season, definitely not as bad as people say,, tho nothing mind Boggling nor overly satisfying but definitely redeems itself.

The only show I followed this season tbh, apart from Shibuya which is highly unsettling,........s2 wasn't the worst Isekai by any means,, just low key disappointment yet I thought s3 would pull out some kind of jutsu n Black Flash us by throwing some unpredictable twist n turns like s1......I ahd tons of complaint this season considering, mainly concerning Rapthalia......she was pretty underwhelming this season, still a badass but nah, this going more on the harem side, which is a major repulsion for me.

......Naofumi, felt like a blank page, nothing super entertaining in his character, or is it just me unable to enjoy him after s2?! Idk why I don't like Rishia either, it just feels this season lacks the major reason why s1 turned out to be such a beautifully written piece. The major highlight for me was the Spear Hero, I liked him quite a lot......still fell flat at last.

The Animation was amazing, lot,.... no TON times better than s2.....I loved the fight scenes, even though some frames felt goofy but it was good.
Watched with high expectations, ended up in the Guilty Pleasure list instead,too that's just because I'm completely Biased towards this show.

Nonetheless we proceeded a few steps in the story.
A solid 7/10.
Anayan_KashyapDec 22, 2023 6:05 AM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Dec 22, 2023 6:24 AM

Jan 2020
Nice. The series should have the anti climatic ending like this unlike season 1 and 2 !!
Dec 22, 2023 6:34 AM

Jun 2021
Wish they could've made it as long as season 1 so we wouldn't have to wait long for another season I felt S3 was rushed but obviously so much better then S2. I hope they continue making greater seasons🙏
Dec 22, 2023 6:49 AM
Aug 2022
Now all that we need is Season 4 announcement.
Dec 22, 2023 6:52 AM

Apr 2022
was definitely better than s2 but still not exactly good in the grand scheme of things. had some sakuga scenes, before the cgi dragon showed up and ofc it had sadeena who's a dub on her own. seems like there'll be more to come.
Dec 22, 2023 7:03 AM
Sep 2021
Naofumi has a lot on his hands like the phoenix raid in addition to that he should protect Raphtalia from assassins sent by an enemy nation. Excited to see how it unfolds.
Dec 22, 2023 7:17 AM

Oct 2013
Horrid, the whole season. They even frigging cut out the antagonists of the show entirely for some reason, despite numerous mentions of them in the novel by this point. The main characters are still castrated compared to their novel selves, to the point i don't even recognize them at all... Do the people adapting this show hate it or something?
Dec 22, 2023 7:23 AM
Jul 2011
This season was so much better than the second season, it had almost the same feeling of the first season, new abilities, new levels and interesting characters. I'm anxious to watch the 4th season. How they will face the Phoenix and this country that Raphtalia's family belonged to.
Dec 22, 2023 7:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
What a nice place to chill with friends though. Nice to see Naofumi get their relationship talk though. The miko outfit really suited Raphtalia pretty well. Though to think it would end up drawing such unwanted attention to the village. The revelation about Raphtalia sure was a shocking one. As was the fact that Sadeena was her parents retainer. Still i think Naofumi's threat to crush an entire kingdom if their talks fail really pushing it. The heros really struggled against the assassins and i don't like the odds if they're facing a full scale war. As a finale it was an interesting one that while serving to expand upon Raphtalia also did well to set a new quest for Naofumi and party and set things up for s4.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2023 7:53 AM

Dec 2022
Daughter or wife? Choose your destiny!

After rescuing the three Cardinal Stooges, Naofumi now has some time to wind down and prepare for the Phoenix fight. The blacksmith delivers a miko outfit like the one Raphtalia wore in Glass's world, but wearing it apparently marks her as a claimant to the throne of Q Ten Lo, causing a bunch of poorly animated assassins from the Ninja Furry Army to attack! After repelling the attack, Sadeena is able to make sense of the situation by explaining her history with the Raphtalia family. We get a nice exchange between Fohl, Atla, and Trash King with some shots of where all the characters are now. Naofumi swears revenge on Q Ten Lo, and rides Gaelion off into the credits.

I had an okay time with Shield Hero 3. It's not garbage like Season 2, but it's not exactly good either. The best part by far was the dragon fight. Weak points include the other three heroes and several plot points that go unexplained, probably due to cuts from the novels. This last episode all felt like setup for a potential fourth season, which I'm not sure what to think of. Scores: 9, 5, 6.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Dec 22, 2023 8:02 AM
Senpai

May 2021
The CGI dragon is distracting. Yeah was okay.
6/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 22, 2023 8:09 AM
Sep 2020
Was a really good episode, but I feel like a show like Shield Hero has so much lore than 12 episodes really doesn't do it enough justice. We were left with a lot of events up in the air and it feels like most of this was done due to the 12 episode runtime. I haven't read the LN so I can't say whether or not this was rushed, but it feels like it was rushed to jam pack stuff in to this ending. Overall I enjoyed it nonetheless
Dec 22, 2023 8:11 AM

Mar 2019
Tate no Yuusha is another isekai like 500 others out there, the only difference is that it gained more fame than the others, this season was very boring, I wanted to give more importance to the other 3 heroes who are one worse than the other (that thing about making the goofy guy with the lance fall in love with Filo was simply ridiculous), besides that bitch is out there calmly doing all the shit she wants because the MC, the "badass antihero", didn't do anything.
Well, screw it, I'm glad it's over. (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)
Dec 22, 2023 8:42 AM
Nov 2019
apakah akan berlanjut ke season 4
My Candies :
Dec 22, 2023 9:22 AM

May 2020
This was... finale? Such a weird place to leave things off lol. I legit thought we'd fight that Phoenix or whatever, but instead now we'll deal with another succession to throne kind of thing, with Raphtalia in the mix? Kind of unexpected but that's just how strange this series has been so far.

The second season along with this third season were announced way way back, and we're finally through them, only to be left stranded for a potential fourth season... wow. Really believe we'd get the eventual in due time.

This season was a bit better than the second one, and I'm saying bit because the whole ordeal with the three other heroes and the worst wannabe villain really let this down a big time.

The second one wasn't a bar to begin with but hey we could still compare this one with that.. so that's saying something. Hope we'll improve.
Dec 22, 2023 9:22 AM

Dec 2013
Much better than season 2, last season had Kizuna but this one got S'yne and better yet Atla, that final bit at the end seems to be clearly teasing for a 4th season with the dust forming a 4 so here is hoping it happens, sure the show peaked at S1 but I still like the series.
Dec 22, 2023 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
Can't lie gonna miss all the waifu's but the whole war thing felt like one giant ass pull lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 22, 2023 10:00 AM
May 2021
Cant lie nothing will beat s1 man the hype was there. S2 was pants & S3 was slightly better but it just doesn’t hit like S1 did.
Dec 22, 2023 10:02 AM

Jun 2019
As an anime only watcher, it’s a hot mess. This has to be the biggest fall off ever.. people say “it’s better than season 2” bffr they can’t do worst than season 2. The only thing they did better this season is the opening and animation.

5/10

okay, but fell short on a lot of occasions.
Dec 22, 2023 10:15 AM

Jul 2019
Empress Raphtalia deus ex machina, telepathic assassins from a far away country and an orca driving the plot forward.Not even to speak of the horrible heroes. Honestly, this might have been the last season I watched.
Dec 22, 2023 10:17 AM

Jul 2017
It's good seeing both Raphtalia and Gaelion get drunk...and Sadeena questioning Naofumi about his feelings for her, she's just as much as a daughter figure to him. Too bad Raphtalia...

Luroulona is back in restored order, and Raphtalia gets her new miko outfit (which looks great) whilst preparing for the battle with the Phoenix. But the miko outfit is not seen as appropriate in the face of Sadeena, and Raphtalia gets targeted by a group of what looks like ninja assassin creatures stopping her for taking the throne, thereby putting herself in that position. Both Naofumi and Raphtalia stopping them by a way of confusion as they're immune to hero attacks, brings the unknown region of Q'ten Lo.

Raphtalia being the descendent of Q'ten Lo's Heavenly Emperor and royalty, that miko dress is only worn for the Empress, as Sadeena had been always protecting her from a distance seeing her parents through until her death in the first Wave, then taken by slaves and treated like one until Naofumi picked her up. To Naofumi, it's a clear indication and declaration of war, but since Melromarc has no relations to them, the next place would be Siltvelt, which has a connection to that place. The old man is still around labeling Naofumi as the Shield Demon, but as much as both Atla and Fohl consoled him that he's not as bad, the expedition to Q'ten Lo is done in a hurry despite time not being on their side.

Less than 2 months before the Phoenix strikes, and the Cardinal Heroes on their way to Q'ten Lo, this would be Season 4's main story line.
The question is, when will we get it.
Dec 22, 2023 10:40 AM
Oct 2019
God, I can't remember the last time an anime makes me feel goosebumps seconds before the end.

This season makes up for the lack of effort the studio put into Season 2 and showing Raphtalia in her miko outfit was actually the cherry on the top on the cake.
Dec 22, 2023 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
Solid finale that set up the future direction of the series and the next arc. Massive improvement over season 2, which really wasn’t hard to do tbf. Still, really enjoyed seeing my favourite new characters introduced in this season and things not being rushed through.

Now that I’m seeing it animated, it’s pretty hilarious that Naofumi’s Miko fetish is the reason behind a war of succession lmao. The Q’ten Lo assassins watching every single aspect of Raphtalia’s life is actually insane. Can’t blame Naofumi for getting upset about that. Not to mention them destroying the village and injuring citizens.

Animation was pretty weak during that fight though, ngl. A lot of speed lines and stiff movement. Not at all what we’re accustomed to seeing with the staff who worked on this one. Maybe they used up all the sakuga on the Gaelion fight with Atla and Raphtalia finishing scenes lol.

Speaking of Atla, she alone was a massive reason why I enjoyed this season so much. She’s one of my favourite characters ever and they did a great job showcasing her personality.

The king talking so kindly to Atla and then running when Naofumi came is funny as hell.

The one thing I’m not understanding is why this season was kind of billed as a redemption arc for the king and that we’d get his backstory, when we never did? Seems odd to promote that so much and not show it.

Set up for the reprise of the spear hero LN at the end there, would be cool if they did a spin off ova about that lol.

Felt like a season 4 announcement would be following this… hopefully it comes soon 🙏🏾
Marinate1016Dec 22, 2023 10:53 AM
Dec 22, 2023 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
Well that was a weak sauce finale. I was expecting a comfy vibe at the end with Naofumi and friends preparing for the pheonix. But instead we get an ass-pulled twist that Raphtalia's is secret royalty. When was that ever hinted at or mentioned. Even with Sadeena who was apparently this whole time a huge part of Raphtalia's backstory. Like she watched her grown up. Why didn't we never see her in the flashbacks of season 1 or 2. Also when did Sadeena ever say to Naoufumi hey don't let Raphtalia where this clothes. She never mentioned that secret.

You also expect me to believe that someone hires assassins and they don't kill her or others when they've had tons of opportunities. What is this the honor system, he's scared enough to have assassins surround her 24/7 but not to kill her. No just no with this plot. This is another side quest that takes away from the main battle. 2 months isn't a lot of time all things considered. Especially considering how stupid/stubborn the Bow/Spear heroes are.

I'm guessing we will get a season 4. So see you all in the future as we watch this series continue to get bad adaptations.

I give it 2/10 the story was abysmal, characters don't act in character anymore, way too many characters introduced not enough time to actually know them, bitch betraying heroes every time, stiff animation, actual slavery isn't taken seriously and many more.
Dec 22, 2023 11:16 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this series definitely suffered from the "gimmick" of s1... went from him having to clear his name and getting a huge W to what is basically generic isekai
Dec 22, 2023 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
Naofumi can't seem to take any breath, it's one thing after another. Anyway not a terrible ending just average

Now I'm hoping for the continuation of the story
Dec 22, 2023 11:19 AM
May 2017
Very good ending episode of a very good series and a better season than the previous one! Raphtalia the miko is the cutest Raphtalia. Body talks beyond and despite words. Naofumi loves Raphtalia. Rooting for the fourth season official announcement.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 22, 2023 11:19 AM
Jul 2022
lllllllllllllooooveed it
Dec 22, 2023 11:47 AM

Apr 2021
Basically cut off all that is good in the source (how Naofumi raises his "army") to keep the shitty plot and fights.
The source is not incredible but this adaptation makes it quite below average.
Dec 22, 2023 11:53 AM

May 2018
To be honest it was hard to stay interested at times but I hope the next arc against that tiny kingdom (and please next wave hello...?) will be better :)

5/10
Dec 22, 2023 12:18 PM

Dec 2018
Is it just me or does this show continue to get cheesier every season/episode? This latest issue seems really contrived too. Anyways, it's been pretty mediocre lately.
Dec 22, 2023 12:24 PM
Feb 2021
Why it feels like complete different show with this last episode?
Also for the whole season, first 8 episodes felt like fillers only to dump huge amount of atcion and plot in those couple of last episodes. And they feel rushed and don't explain well the story overall. So I really don't understand, it has potential to be a good show, first season was great, second was weird ok, but this one?
If not for this last episode I would gladly forget about Shield Hero for good, and it's really a shame, because it really was a nice show.
Dec 22, 2023 12:52 PM

Jan 2012
First things first: Gaelion talking is one of the creepiest things I've ever heard in my entire life. Please keep him in chibi form as much as possible from now on.

With that out of the way my next big thing: Really? We get another distraction from the fight against the phoenix introduced in literally the last episode? And it's basically just the minks from One Piece living in Wano? Please no. Don't want. Can we just skip all that and get to the phoenix?

On the whole I actually thought this season's material was an improvement over the tortoise and other world crap, but this last episode really put me off. I guess I'll still give it a 7, but my enthusiasm to watch what comes next now is pretty minimal.

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget I really loved the op this season. That part where the dude says wipeout is epic as fuck. That is all.
animefan8800Dec 22, 2023 12:56 PM
Dec 22, 2023 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
Oh look, a new set of enemies which conveniently have buffs against the heroes!

I guess just fighting the waves is too much to ask for.

Random thought but I miss Glass.

Spear pedo canonically is absent, good to know. I thought with all these characters around I just forgot or he was offscreen.

This season would have probably been good if s2 didnt suck so much and actually did its job of building everything up.
But as it stands S3 is pretty mediocre because it just assumed we knew what was going on even though some things were just straight up cut and thus a lot/everything happened out of nowhere.

Speaking of which, why is the previous king so interested in Atla?

I have been "spoiled" very early on back when S1 aired and already dropped in quality over time and as I thought the story really doesnt get better, thats just anime with a specific setting I guess?
I mean what happened to Naofumi beeing a dick, getting betrayed by everyone, nobody trusting him etc? Now he is the hero allright, has his own domain and literally the queen on his side.
Worst to happen is Bitch plays with some of the kiddos, but that only ever lasted for what 3 eps before she went mask off?

Looking forward to S4 though, atleast if the quality doesnt drop again.

PS: Its just so odd that the actual important plot season got shafted so incredibly hard while this filler season got all the attention..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 22, 2023 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to ZER0PT
Love Sadeena and her Mai Shiranui VA.
7/10
ZER0PT said:

Have the same impression.

Shield Hero resembles GOT adaptation, in a way. More seasons we get, more rushed and less faithful it becomes to the source.
Dec 22, 2023 2:39 PM

Dec 2015
Every episode, particularly this one, felt like the story was just pulled out of the author’s ass at the last minute. No cohesion, no foreshadowing or forethought, no flow to the story…just random crap. There’s nothing inherently wrong with most of it, it just makes so little sense from a narrative standpoint. The whole season honestly felt like a bullet point rough draft of what the story would cover. I know most people seem to like this season better than the last, but I actually thought last season was more thought out than this one (even though it still sucked).
Dec 22, 2023 2:44 PM

Nov 2013
Damn, I've been reading the novel for quite some time about 4 years ago. Stopped towards volume 11 since it got quite boring to me. Apparently this episode covers the entire volume 12! Which is ridiculous! S1 had a special first episode + 24 additional episodes, covering 5 volumes in total. S2 and 3 covered 7 volumes meanwhile!!! Fast and furious adaptation.
Dec 22, 2023 2:48 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Hylianticipated
Every episode, particularly this one, felt like the story was just pulled out of the author’s ass at the last minute. No cohesion, no foreshadowing or forethought, no flow to the story…just random crap. There’s nothing inherently wrong with most of it, it just makes so little sense from a narrative standpoint. The whole season honestly felt like a bullet point rough draft of what the story would cover. I know most people seem to like this season better than the last, but I actually thought last season was more thought out than this one (even though it still sucked).
@Hylianticipated Yeah, I mean they covered 3 entire volumes in only 12 episodes so can't blame anyone who thinks things happened too fast, like how they found all the heroes and brought them back to sanity etc. Anime is basically an oversimplified version of the source.
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 PM

Dec 2015
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@Hylianticipated Yeah, I mean they covered 3 entire volumes in only 12 episodes so can't blame anyone who thinks things happened too fast, like how they found all the heroes and brought them back to sanity etc. Anime is basically an oversimplified version of the source.

And I can understand that, but it’s still a huge bummer. I do feel like they could have spent less time on some of the fights (especially that while dragon subplot), and spent more effort covering the finer connective details, or at least given us a few more episodes or something to address it. Even so, tons of anime have covered just as much and even more source material in just a short amount of time with better results. It’s just a shame considering how much I loved the first season.
Dec 22, 2023 3:50 PM
Dec 2023
Animation is cool sometimes l the plot takes random turns and makes no sense so don’t pay attention to that. Many new characters are introduced they all suck
Dec 22, 2023 4:11 PM
Jun 2021
finally the last ep ended it was preety decent ep well another season next year wish so .
more fighting would be more good but the s2 was good than this one.
Dec 22, 2023 4:37 PM
Nov 2018
That was amusing at the end. Felt like that was threw together at random at the end. By the way, Raphtalia is a princess, and there's antihero powers bye.
Dec 22, 2023 4:49 PM

Aug 2022
Well, what can I say about this entire third season so far? It's certainly better than the second one, I think. I liked the first few episodes, especially the fact that the other three idiots finally don't seem like spoiled brats anymore (or at least, not as much). But the rest of the episodes have been either mediocre or really bad - like this one was.

It's a shame because the first season started out so promising. Despite the slight decline in the second half, it seemed like a refreshing take on the isekai genre. But from the second season and beyond, there has been a decline in story-telling quality that puts it on par with other typical isekai anime. I don't know how much they've cut from the light novel, but it's possible that the decline in quality is due to this. Either they should try to stick closer to the source material, or the light novel is just overrated.

The whole story about Raphtalia being a princess really felt like something thrown in there for lack of better ideas, and the entire thing of her having been watched forever without no one ever noticing...and starting a war because she wore a Miko dress... come on, everything sounded so stupid, I kept rolling my eyes throughout the entire episode. I really hope they can pull this season together in the end.
_Shara_Dec 22, 2023 4:52 PM
Dec 22, 2023 5:49 PM
Oct 2016
A decidedly increased quality over the last season. While I enjoyed season two I can still see that season three did about everything better. Naofumi accomplished the impossible this season by uniting the four cardinal heroes. A task that seemed ridiculous not long ago, through having to save their broken spirits like Naofumi had others do for him at the beginning of the whole story, he has brought the heroes together to prepare for fighting the Phoenix. This season introduced A lot of new characters including some massive ones like Atla and Sadeena. I loved seeing Atla growth from being so sicky she couldn't walk to massively contributing to taking down A dragon. The big reveal in this finale was done really well, more Raphtalia content is always nice. It is wild how often this village gets attacked but those ninjas were no joke. Raphtalia wearing her miko outfit suggesting something completely unintentional, who knew she was descended from royalty in another nation. Naofumi willing to take on a whole country to protect Raphtalia is amazing. Maybe there's never time for this since the Phoenix is close but this is something Naofumi has to do no matter what. I hope we get a season four to see some Raphtalia focused arcs.

83/100
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 16, 9:47 AM

» Okay I know she came back but Bitch is just not a good character or villian!

MasterHavik - Oct 27, 2023

28 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

95 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.