Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2023 5:06 AM

Mar 2023
Just what is his problem? He's killing humans first, and now he's killing witches. When he summons humans to kill witches, he starts killing humans. What a foolish main character he is. Who is he fighting for? That's why many people don't recommend it. They have such a great plot, but they've ruined everything, but after all that i like him he is just little baaaka.
Nov 4, 2023 5:16 AM
Jun 2023
anime-alchemy said:
Just what is his problem? He's killing humans first, and now he's killing witches. When he summons humans to kill witches, he starts killing humans. What a foolish main character he is. Who is he fighting for? That's why many people don't recommend it. They have such a great plot, but they've ruined everything, but after all that i like him he is just little baaaka.

Ya but I think it's cause before he thought the humans were evil but after what the pink hair girl told him he when for the witch. But i think he is kina weird like bro after that he when for the humans again i know we wanted to let the human and the witch kill each other but still it did not fit well with me.

And is it only me or does anyone els think the pink hair girl in annoying,,,,, like trying to stop the main character and stuff.
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM
Jul 2023
SkypeUwU said:
anime-alchemy said:

Ya but I think it's cause before he thought the humans were evil but after what the pink hair girl told him he when for the witch. But i think he is kina weird like bro after that he when for the humans again i know we wanted to let the human and the witch kill each other but still it did not fit well with me.

And is it only me or does anyone els think the pink hair girl in annoying,,,,, like trying to stop the main character and stuff.

yeah i agree with your first point that the writer has made story bit confusing of this episode. I mean i understand that he also hate witches and killed them but they were also not wrong. They just wanted revenge from humans by using chloe.
But Adonis is not wrong either. He did well by not resurrecting chloe. I think he planned to kill witches and humans together. That's why he invited humans to kill witches and at the end killed humans because he was not that powerful to take up all witches together.
I don't agree with your last part that pink haired witch is annoying. If chloe were there, she would have also stopped adonis from killing.
Nov 4, 2023 6:17 AM
Dec 2022
anime-alchemy said:

now he just wants to eliminate anybody who will get in between his, that pink haired beauty and Chloe.
Hope things will get clearer as to what is happening in this world and who is the mastermind behind it.
My guesses is the Queen, because 10 yrs earlier she was also near that magic cancellor
but she didn't got ill (well Adonis also didn't) wonder if it has something to do with magic controlling ability maybe she is also a with who was manipulating the king.
Random guesses
Nov 4, 2023 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
He didnt summon any humans. He had a GPS tracker inserted in his body from when he was imprisoned and they followed the signal. All he did was not destroy it sooner and didnt protect the witches. Basically the witches are just collateral damage to him, he wasnt actively seeking to end them.
traedNov 4, 2023 6:24 AM
Nov 4, 2023 6:31 AM

Jan 2023
His character writing just seems so inconsistent, his actions contradict his motives in more ways than one within the span of five episodes.
Nov 4, 2023 6:36 AM

Jul 2020
Lol yeah the latest episode was such a clusterfuck it was even kinda annoying. Nothing made any sense. I hope they get back on track later, I really enjoyed this show up till episode 5.
Nov 4, 2023 7:19 AM
Sep 2020
I really liked the first 2 episodes but now it just seems like a stupid plot based on what they are doing.
Nov 4, 2023 7:32 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Chanki_33
anime-alchemy said:

now he just wants to eliminate anybody who will get in between his, that pink haired beauty and Chloe.
Hope things will get clearer as to what is happening in this world and who is the mastermind behind it.
My guesses is the Queen, because 10 yrs earlier she was also near that magic cancellor
but she didn't got ill (well Adonis also didn't) wonder if it has something to do with magic controlling ability maybe she is also a with who was manipulating the king.
Random guesses
@Chanki_33 i feel like the queen is also a witch that the king loved when he was young but he simply couldn't bring himself to sell her out so he kept her identity a secret and married her as he went with his plan to kill all witches, by that logic she is either a traitor OR to modify my first theory he never knew she's a witch and she only manipulated him to gain her role as a queen to later rule and do as she wishes then.
Nov 4, 2023 7:48 AM
May 2018
What’s wrong with adonis…he’s noob as fuck
Nov 4, 2023 8:41 AM

Sep 2022
anime-alchemy said:

The human race is the one who killed Chloe, while the witches they are the ones who used Chloe until she was in that state seen in the flashback and who they still wanted to use for their purposes once she was resurrected.

It's obvious that he's pissed at both of them. So he teleported the humans to the Moon so that they could kill the witches and at the same time, he could have the possibility to take out some humans.

Nov 4, 2023 8:46 AM
Jul 2023
Superficial, just a crazy man-child seeking revenge no matter the cost.

Everyone should root for Doroka, she the voice of reason, albeit a powerless one (as of now).

Nov 4, 2023 9:23 AM
Nov 2018
@anime-alchemy
This is just speculation, Adonis hates the witches because the fact Chloe was the only one that can create a tool that can make a human into a weapon. She didn't want that if it meant capturing children and brainwashing them.
So she escaped and hid among the humans. In one of the episodes, it showed Chloe with bruises she probably got fighting out of the witches sanctuary.
Adonis saw it left Chloe all alone without any friends and allies, so he ended up hating witches as well as humans.
The only reason why he destroyed the device that hid the witches was that he couldn't escape alone and needed a diversion even if it was humans.
Nov 4, 2023 5:44 PM

Jul 2021
You're trying to point out character flaws in a show that clearly is not about the characters, but about how much violence and gore can be crammed into a single episode. I read a review comparing this to mirai nikki. But not even that show is as absurd. At least the characters there follow a patern, and are not as hateful and unlikable.

This is more like the latest budget, mediocre iteration of akame ga kill, but it's got progeria, it has already gotten old. It has the same weird ass characters, the "funny" moments to which I couldn't laugh or giggle even if my life depended on it, but the plot is nowhere. If you're watching this for anything other than watching gruesome shit, you're losing your time. And even for that you're better off rewatching aot or anything else with an actual enjoyable story.
Nov 4, 2023 7:17 PM
Nov 2020
He hates everyone who hurt Chloe. He saw the bruises and the tears caused by both humans and witches.
Nov 6, 2023 1:29 PM
Dec 2022
anime-alchemy said:

I am a bit disappointed with the direction it’s taken but I’m hanging on because of the MC.

I think he’s just out for his own revenge. He spent so many years with nothing to do but think about how much he hated the humans for degrading and killing the only person to show him love and affection. Then come to find out, witches weren’t yet extinct but no one lifted a finger to save Chloe. And noooow he finds out they want to resurrect her because she’s a means to an end for them.

Everyone he has encountered, with the exception of Chloe and now Doroka, has only been out for themselves. He has no reason to care about them. He doesn’t even seem overly worried about his own mortality. Dudes a bit unhinged, that’s why I like him. He’s definitely not a good guy but I’m not ready to call him a bad guy either.

Nervous to see where the anime takes us though. Excited for the possibility of some dope character development. We shall see though.
Nov 19, 2023 10:04 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to SkypeUwU
anime-alchemy said:

@SkypeUwU you are right. The pink haired girl is annoying. SO IS EVERYFUCKINGBODY. AND WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY "oh human bad, oh witch bad, then I'll be on humans side" THAT MAKES NO SENSE OKAY STOP TRYING TO FIND REASON IN THIS DOGSHIT THIS ANIME IS SHIT!
Nov 19, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Otaku_guru
SkypeUwU said:
anime-alchemy said:

yeah i agree with your first point that the writer has made story bit confusing of this episode. I mean i understand that he also hate witches and killed them but they were also not wrong. They just wanted revenge from humans by using chloe.
But Adonis is not wrong either. He did well by not resurrecting chloe. I think he planned to kill witches and humans together. That's why he invited humans to kill witches and at the end killed humans because he was not that powerful to take up all witches together.
I don't agree with your last part that pink haired witch is annoying. If chloe were there, she would have also stopped adonis from killing.
@Obito_Uchiha00 what are you talking about. How is ADONIS RIGHT? ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB? HE COULDNT EVEN KILL THE HUMANS BECAUSE HOW FUCKING PATHETIC HE WAS! He burned damn tree and that was the only possible way that Chloe could come back to life and then he said "fuck it. Who gives a shit". And wdym by "oh he can't kill the witches by himself" HE ABSOLUTELY COULDVE! The only thing that is limiting his potential is his tiny ass BRAIN. HE IS LIMITED TO HIS TINY PEANUT! If the witches were powerful how tf did the humans win? Oh then if the humans were better than witches. The main character would stand no chance against the humans. AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "If Chloe was there she would do the same" okay if they are sympathetic towards the monsters that they are dying to... they DESERVE TO FUCKING DIE I SAID IT DUDE. THEY ARE NOT ONLY ANNOYING. REEETARDEEEED
Nov 19, 2023 10:18 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to traed
He didnt summon any humans. He had a GPS tracker inserted in his body from when he was imprisoned and they followed the signal. All he did was not destroy it sooner and didnt protect the witches. Basically the witches are just collateral damage to him, he wasnt actively seeking to end them.
@traed Then why wasn't he surprised like he knew they were going to appear? And wdym he "didn't protect the witches"? Not only he "tried" to protect HE WAS AFK SEEING WITCHES DIE MAN THIS WHOLE SHIT MAKES NO SENSE! And oh thanks he burned the trees
Nov 19, 2023 10:21 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Amirzakii_
What’s wrong with adonis…he’s noob as fuck
@Amirzakii_ haha true my guy. Couldn't have said it better. Okay sorry everyone. I am mad because of this anime. I am glad I could share my EXPLODING ANGER. All and all <3 have a nice day
Nov 19, 2023 10:27 AM
Jul 2023
Roy0323 said:
@Obito_Uchiha00 what are you talking about. How is ADONIS RIGHT? ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB? HE COULDNT EVEN KILL THE HUMANS BECAUSE HOW FUCKING PATHETIC HE WAS! He burned damn tree and that was the only possible way that Chloe could come back to life and then he said "fuck it. Who gives a shit". And wdym by "oh he can't kill the witches by himself" HE ABSOLUTELY COULDVE! The only thing that is limiting his potential is his tiny ass BRAIN. HE IS LIMITED TO HIS TINY PEANUT! If the witches were powerful how tf did the humans win? Oh then if the humans were better than witches. The main character would stand no chance against the humans. AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "If Chloe was there she would do the same" okay if they are sympathetic towards the monsters that they are dying to... they DESERVE TO FUCKING DIE I SAID IT DUDE. THEY ARE NOT ONLY ANNOYING. REEETARDEEEED

First thing first, talk with respect. I didn't abuse you or anyone. I just put my point of view on why he summoned humans there. I also hated his decision of burning the tree but what will you get by shouting on me. The writer did this, not me.
Adonis summoned pink haired witch, no problem, but if he had not burned the tree then he could have resurrected chloe after defeating witches and humans. Just writer didn't want chloe as his partner. If you don't want to continue this anime then don't.
And answer about your question that why he summoned humans? is given in recent episode if you watched it.
He summoned them because then he can return to earth. If he would not have summoned them then he will be stucked there until witches send him back.
I hope it cleared your angry mind.
Nov 19, 2023 10:31 AM
Apr 2022
Obito_Uchiha00 said:
Roy0323 said:

First thing first, talk with respect. I didn't abuse you or anyone. I just put my point of view on why he summoned humans there. I also hated his decision of burning the tree but what will you get by shouting on me. The writer did this, not me.
Adonis summoned pink haired witch, no problem, but if he had not burned the tree then he could have resurrected chloe after defeating witches and humans. Just writer didn't want chloe as his partner. If you don't want to continue this anime then don't.
And answer about your question that why he summoned humans? is given in recent episode if you watched it.
He summoned them because then he can return to earth. If he would not have summoned them then he will be stucked there until witches send him back.
I hope it cleared your angry mind.

Okay okay. I am fuming. Sorry for the bad manner. I don't think they thought about ANYTHING. But yes gotcha. Have a nice day ^-^✌️
Nov 19, 2023 10:34 AM
Jul 2023
Roy0323 said:
@traed Then why wasn't he surprised like he knew they were going to appear? And wdym he "didn't protect the witches"? Not only he "tried" to protect HE WAS AFK SEEING WITCHES DIE MAN THIS WHOLE SHIT MAKES NO SENSE! And oh thanks he burned the trees

Huh man, it seems that you don't watch or read subtitles carefully. So listen to me. I will answer it.
Witches are also his enemies except pink haired witch (I forgot her name), because they used chloe until her death and wanted to use her again after getting resurrected for making more magic pens like adonis has. So this was the reason why he killed witches and didn't resurrect chloe.
Nov 19, 2023 10:42 AM
Apr 2022
Obito_Uchiha00 said:
Roy0323 said:

Huh man, it seems that you don't watch or read subtitles carefully. So listen to me. I will answer it.
Witches are also his enemies except pink haired witch (I forgot her name), because they used chloe until her death and wanted to use her again after getting resurrected for making more magic pens like adonis has. So this was the reason why he killed witches and didn't resurrect chloe.

okay the anime didn't give a lot of context on why the witches are trying to "use" her. Ohhh shit wait. Now I fucking get it. The marks on her body is because of the witches right? This makes seeense dude. BUT I STILL WILL NOT FORGIVE THE MAIN CHARACTER FOR BEING A BITCH! And also did he really need to summon them? wouldn't it be fun seeing magic vs magic? He could've gone to earth himself tbh but he was just pathetic mf. Okay thank you for letting me know dude. I was honestly blinded by my anger. For a reaasonnnnn.........
Nov 19, 2023 10:53 AM
Jul 2023
Roy0323 said:
Obito_Uchiha00 said:

okay the anime didn't give a lot of context on why the witches are trying to "use" her. Ohhh shit wait. Now I fucking get it. The marks on her body is because of the witches right? This makes seeense dude. BUT I STILL WILL NOT FORGIVE THE MAIN CHARACTER FOR BEING A BITCH! And also did he really need to summon them? wouldn't it be fun seeing magic vs magic? He could've gone to earth himself tbh but he was just pathetic mf. Okay thank you for letting me know dude. I was honestly blinded by my anger. For a reaasonnnnn.........

Yep, that's why chloe had that marks on her body. Maybe they will let us know why the witches were using her and why chloe had that marks. Just wait and watch this anime carefully.
It would have been cool if he had returned to earth by killing all witches himself but maybe he was not able to do that.
Also, i will be honest. I am liking doroka or whatever her name was. The real villain are not humans. The real villain is also a witch which used king to kill all other witches. We don't know her goals but most probably that's why doroko is here. She has the same magic as that witch and maybe she will help adonis to see the truth and fight along him with that witch.
I hope now you fully understand doroka's importance and why adonis might stop seeking revenge from humans.
Otaku_guruNov 19, 2023 10:58 AM
Nov 19, 2023 10:58 AM
Apr 2022
Obito_Uchiha00 said:
Roy0323 said:

Yep, that's why chloe had that marks on her body. Maybe they will let us know why the witches were using her and why chloe had that marks. Just wait and watch this anime carefully.
It would have been cool if he had returned to earth by killing all witches himself but maybe he was not able to do that.
Also, i will be honest. I am liking doroka or whatever her name was. The real villain are not humans. The real villain is also a witch which used king to kill all other witches. We don't know her goals but most probably that's why doroko is here. She has the same magic as that witch and maybe she will help adonis to see the truth and fight along him with that witch.
I hope now you fully understand doroka's importance and why adonis might stop seeking revenge from humans.

Hmm it is getting intresting for sure. But what was the all "faking his death" all about that was so unnesecary. And now that I think about if Chloe came it would've killed the sad parts
Nov 19, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2023
Roy0323 said:
Obito_Uchiha00 said:

Hmm it is getting intresting for sure. But what was the all "faking his death" all about that was so unnesecary. And now that I think about if Chloe came it would've killed the sad parts

Yep. It was a bad decision to burn the tree and not letting chloe resurrected. I think they did this because if chloe would have resurrected after defeating both humans and witches, then adonis will not have any goal left. He would have stopped seeking revenge and also chloe would have stopped him from doing this. Basically the anime would have ended.

The main story is to identify the real villain and defeat him. So that's why chloe was unfit for the next story and here comes doroka.

I don't think so that faking his death was unnecessary. Because if the witch had not faked his death and let him flee, he would have died or at least badly injured(Just my opinion). He needed time and no attention to escape.
Otaku_guruNov 19, 2023 11:14 AM
Nov 19, 2023 5:15 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Roy0323
@Roy0323
He figured it out beforehand and knew they were coming. Yes he saw them dying but he had no interest in protecting them. We already were told what kind of magic is healing magic but we dont know if Adonis can even do that. That scene was kind of misleading from how the GPS detonated. It is a litle more clear in the manga. Adonis wasnt who burned the tree it was Yamato.
Nov 19, 2023 5:25 PM
Apr 2022
traed said:
@Roy0323
He figured it out beforehand and knew they were coming. Yes he saw them dying but he had no interest in protecting them. We already were told what kind of magic is healing magic but we dont know if Adonis can even do that. That scene was kind of misleading from how the GPS detonated. It is a litle more clear in the manga. Adonis wasnt who burned the tree it was Yamato.

Alright. I will read the manga after then.
Nov 19, 2023 6:00 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Roy0323
traed said:
@Roy0323

Alright. I will read the manga after then.
@Roy0323
It's pretty much a 1 to 1 story adaptation from me comparing just some stylistic changes like how the episodes end they swap some things around to create cliffhangers and some small changes to dialogue. The GPS blowing up and transitioning to the tree was a stylistic choice. In the manga same thing happens but it's less confusing. Adonis cant do magic without his quill which you didnt see him use and a little GPS detonating wouldnt be enough to light the whole tree on fire at once. You do see in the anime Yamato holding a grenade launcher same as the manga. It just is that little transition made it misleading for a second on who ignited up the tree.
Nov 20, 2023 2:41 AM
Jul 2023
traed said:
@Roy0323
It's pretty much a 1 to 1 story adaptation from me comparing just some stylistic changes like how the episodes end they swap some things around to create cliffhangers and some small changes to dialogue. The GPS blowing up and transitioning to the tree was a stylistic choice. In the manga same thing happens but it's less confusing. Adonis cant do magic without his quill which you didnt see him use and a little GPS detonating wouldnt be enough to light the whole tree on fire at once. You do see in the anime Yamato holding a grenade launcher same as the manga. It just is that little transition made it misleading for a second on who ignited up the tree.

oh so that was the case. Then there are no errors in this anime as people describe. Although that scene should have been made clear so these misconceptions would not have occurred
Otaku_guruNov 20, 2023 3:33 AM
Dec 5, 2023 2:35 PM
Feb 2020
Well as he repeatedly mentions, all he has left is revenge.

Revenge against Humans for killing Chloe (a witch who was kinda motherfigure to him).

Revenge against Witches for not only exiling her from her homeland but also not trying to save her when she was being chased & killed (and obviously not to mention acting later to rebirth her for their selfish goals).

The only real salvation (atleast upto Episode 6) is his death (preferably alongwith Chloe).
Jan 31, 10:18 AM

Jun 2009
@Piromysl Jesus Christ that's so true, like how can someone make so little sense, everything he does is frikking stupid
should have worked together with the Witches to eradicate the humans ffs
May 10, 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
I'm gonna copypaste my YouTube comment on this:

The main problem with Adonis is that there is absolutely no way we as an audience can sympathise with him and on top of that, his character is completely inconsistent.
First he will say, that he knows that Chloe would absolutely NOT want him to carry out revenge, yet he does that anyway, which clearly implies that he doesn't even care about her. We also get to know, that he was budget Eren with anger issues before he met Chloe, which clearly implies that him being perpetually angry is not caused by Chloe's death at the hands of humans.
In episoe 2 he deliberately targets and murders completely innocent people, justifying it with "sins of their fathers". Yes, the PROTAGONIST is past moral event horizon at episode two.
He then deliberately lures humans to witches moon base and effectively causes witches to be extinct. After he defeated human leader, he literally carved his face off, put it on his own and deceives humans that all is clear, while having a psychotic grin. This clearly implies, that Adonis relishes in it and enjoys it, but then he says, that he does the revenge because he must, which is a total contradiction.
Next he tries to gaslight Doroka into hating humans by saying, that they destroyed last of the witches after he quite literally caused their extinction by deliberately luring humans there.
And to top it all off author has the audacity to try and make him look like a good guy by putting those sex dolls out of their misery as if he was compassionate and selfless.
I don't remember when was the last time, when I wanted the protagonist to fail so badly.

May 15, 12:57 PM
Jul 2020
isolated-otaku said:

He just a dumb MC af

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

95 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 7, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

105 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 7, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

59 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 6, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2023

68 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 5, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Hametsu no Oukoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

80 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 5, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.