Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
This turned into a 'save Frieren' episode. I do like how Frieren kept her cool despite being arrested and put into jail.

They adapted expressive moments well from the manga and also, this goes to show how much Frieren's friends care about her. They risk themselves to help her when she needs it the most. Lügner is definitely someone to watch out for, not just for his abiliies but also knowledge about their world's lore.

Oct 27, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2020
No Frieren, this is still PG-13, you weren’t supposed to slaughter that ultra-confident demon with a weird name so comprehensively.

Though Frieren might have escaped from the prison, she might be free with a clear cut goal in her mind, but hey she would not let the duo of Fern and Stark accompany her to the venture she was about to make a move on… to take apart Aura and her armies. So like a mother she is, she let her kids handle the forces of Lugner inside the town… although Stark wasn’t really glad with that, I mean he’s honest, that’s a tall task lol.

Putting aside how Frieren’s stealth getup got exposed in a minute by Fern, I feel bad for Granat. He questioned someone seriously at the wrong time after all, and well.. Lugner didn’t waste much time before killing his army and taking him hostage. Though god bless Stark and his words to put Granat at ease even for a minute, but as if Stark would’ve gone away running when he has someone needful in front of him.

Stark fought bravely against Lugner, but it was Fern who took the cake, with that sudden shot of killing magic piercing the whole of Lugner from right to left. Yep, she’s Frieren’s apprentice after all… remember both of their names.
Oct 27, 2023 8:17 AM

Jan 2018
This adaptation has been so great. Banger episode. The episodes always flew by so fast.
Oct 27, 2023 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
If Lugner lives in the world of today, he would say "I hate recent AIs. They lack the beauty. I mean the basis and the process to get to the solution."
Oct 27, 2023 8:26 AM
Aug 2019
solo vs squad ??!!
Oct 27, 2023 8:28 AM
Sep 2015
I'm so ashamed of myself, this episode is so beautiful, yet what I like the most is when Stark wiping his own crotch.
Oct 27, 2023 8:28 AM

Feb 2021
So Frieren just went after the boss all along...

At least we can see Fern and Stark fight by themselves for the first time...
Oct 27, 2023 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
When Frieren isn't wielding her staff, she definitely adopts a more ruthless and direct approach. That much is clear

Frieren, who attempted to cast magic at the demon race's Aura and her followers, who had come to offer peace to Count Granat, is captured and thrown into a cell. Lugner views Frieren with suspicion, and Draht, also under Aura's command, seeks to take Frieren's life. As Fern and Stark make their way towards the Graf's estate, Fern catches sight of Frieren moving discreetly in a dark cloak. Frieren briefs them on the events in the dungeon and announces her intention to depart from the town, leaving Fern and Stark to handle the Demon presence, even though Stark implores her to stay and assist. Sensing Aura nearby, Frieren resolves to swiftly confront and eliminate her.

Shit, Frieren really caught me off guard. I was so used to seeing her use magic to help people and be a charming klutz that watching her calmly cut through that demon was a bit surprising. The dynamic between Fern and Stark is just hilarious this episode. I really appreciate how the creators can inject humor into serious moments, like when Stark accidentally spilled his drink and Fern let him keep her handkerchief after helping him clean up. Frieren's evaluation of Lugner and Linie compared to Fern and Stark was interesting. It seems like they often underestimate themselves, but it's probably due to their limited battle experience.

That smile suggests she's going to relish this carnage, isn't she?

Oct 27, 2023 8:31 AM
Apr 2017
A genius will produce someone who will be touted as the next genius
Oct 27, 2023 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was so epic.
When Lügner is talking about Fern's spell especially, my favorite part.
The production is marvelous
Oct 27, 2023 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
Wow... Granat wasn't an idiot. Way too used to these misconceptions being drawn out for way longer...
Oct 27, 2023 8:37 AM
Aug 2022
episode 8 is so goodπŸ”₯
Oct 27, 2023 8:39 AM
Jul 2023
“She’s just hanging there… menacingly!”
Oct 27, 2023 8:40 AM
Apr 2023
Honestly, I didn't see that coming. The way Stark and Fern fought Lügner and Linie hits me hard, and then retreated with Graf Granat.

The "Frieren the Slayer" quote of Lügner left me a cliffhanger. (Care to disagree if you think what I said is wrong)
Oct 27, 2023 8:43 AM

Apr 2010
Stark had really bad luck this episode dropping that drink at the most embarrassing place possible and that the swim in the cold lake hopefully things will improve a bit for him.
And Frieren is about to show how epic she is judging from the cliffhanger.
Fern is doing good as well.
Oct 27, 2023 8:45 AM
Jun 2020
Damn Frieren vs Draht at the begining is so litπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Oct 27, 2023 8:47 AM

Oct 2017
Good action this episode and I'm really hyped to see the next one with the main fight. Frieren flying with her staff and with that emotionless look, was truly menancing. Fern striking Lugner with her magic was great too.
Oct 27, 2023 8:47 AM

Oct 2018
Please little demons, run away from that loli elf, she'll kill everyone here 😭😭😭😭😭
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 27, 2023 8:48 AM
May 2014
He said the thing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2023 8:50 AM

Mar 2017
No wonder Frieren was apprehesive about travelling together with Fern at first, saying that she'd die fast. She just leaves Fern & Stark to deal with two powerful demons without a second thought lol.

Oct 27, 2023 8:51 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing episode Miss Frieren is just merciless and cut down that demon like he was nothing
Oct 27, 2023 8:52 AM
Oct 2016
Watashi no kirai na tensaida
Oct 27, 2023 8:57 AM

Mar 2023
Sousou no Frieren, epic episode. Stark is still underestimating himself
Lugner was talking about how demon's specialize in just 1 spell, so Frieren should know what Aura specializes in since they crossed paths before
Oct 27, 2023 8:57 AM

Feb 2021
Frieren really didn't go easy on that demon brat. She knows to never listen to the devil.

He said the thing!
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 27, 2023 9:00 AM
Aug 2020
great episode like i was expecting, the next one will be even better

i will continue the manga...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 27, 2023 9:00 AM

Jan 2009
damn Friren is not only a genius but also called the slayer eh damn cool
Oct 27, 2023 9:02 AM
Apr 2020
Title drop!!!!!
That last scene transition from fren to grandma frieren so cool
Oct 27, 2023 9:05 AM
Mar 2022
OMG, he said the thing!!!
Oct 27, 2023 9:08 AM
Sep 2021
it's just recently I read the manga...
it was so goooddd
but now on anime... it's amazing coloring the camera angle.. so much disrespect towards the demons.. I'm convinced Frieren is a swagger.
Oct 27, 2023 9:12 AM
May 2021
Peak shit, just peak man!!
Oct 27, 2023 9:17 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to NotDigit
No wonder Frieren was apprehesive about travelling together with Fern at first, saying that she'd die fast. She just leaves Fern & Stark to deal with two powerful demons without a second thought lol.

@NotDigit nah its just that Frieren knows how strong her 2 companions are especially Fern that she specifically trained to be a demon killing machine
Oct 27, 2023 9:26 AM
Mar 2023
lol this show is so easily my favorite show this season. This episode was nearly perfect imo. Part of me wants to wait until the season is over so I can binge it. But I know there’s no way I can do that atp lmao. Sososososo good.
Oct 27, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2022
truly peak shit right here honestly didn't expect this one to be my favourite anime of the season but here we are
Oct 27, 2023 9:29 AM
Feb 2021
It appears that a significant setback has occurred. There is no need to go to such lengths, even if you desire Philen's handkerchief.
Oct 27, 2023 9:42 AM
Aug 2020
slaying time gonna be good
Oct 27, 2023 9:45 AM

Jul 2012
Got chills at the end with the title drop. Love that the direction is great and consistent.
Oct 27, 2023 9:47 AM
Oct 2020
Ok, this is literally best anime for this season.
Oct 27, 2023 9:49 AM

Dec 2021
I kinda expected a bit more but I'm satisfied with what this episode delivered.

Frieren casually overpowering that Draft (or something) guy was satisfying. But the tension between Frieren's party and the demons was a more interesting development.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Oct 27, 2023 9:53 AM

May 2019
Yeah Frieren dispatched that young rash demon without much effort as expected. Meanwhile the other 2 demons revealed themselves to Granat and his guards and unfortunately the guards were all quickly killed.

Frieren apparently knows how strong both Stark and Fern are and entrusted them to deal with the remaining 2 demons in town while she went for their boss Aura. I like how Stark and Fern worked together and while they didn't kill those 2 demons they were able to rescue Granat and get away, although since they have Lugner's blood on them they can apparently be found easily.

I'm looking forward to both Frieren's fight and Fern and Stark's next fight.
Oct 27, 2023 9:54 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
They just keep getting Stark's character right ~ Forever glad for that! The part where he begged Frieren to stay was funny. But of course she wouldn't abandon them like that.

Fight with the green-haired demon was shorter than I expected, but it makes sense. Frieren too OP

I really liked how they kept emphasizing the trembling hands, and tied that into the chief's son (he's the village chief, right...? I'm not too good with names, so sorry if I'm getting his rank wrong!). Chief tries to intimidate Stark into leaving him to the demons and saving everyone else, but Stark is too stubborn lol. This show keeps being funny and so majestically done on so many levels. Speaking of the chief, I'm glad they let him live! Him losing his life before the arc could get properly started would've been sad, we're just getting to know him.

Put this show in my favorites after watching this episode. I have faith that Frieren can keep this up ^^ Looking forward to more great storytelling and great characters <3
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
Oct 27, 2023 9:57 AM
Jan 2016
Wait, I thought 葬送 or "sousou" meant funeral. But turns out Frieren the Slayer's "sousou no Frieren" in Japanese too. Is this a play on words in Japanese I'm missing, or did they take a few liberties translating her title to "Frieren the Slayer"?
Oct 27, 2023 9:58 AM

Mar 2020
Frieren the Slayer, one who got the best of Lugner in the past, and might do the same again...

Once again, I'm really liking the depiction of demons here, they're quite plainly the evil without much doubt, but I like the way that they're cunning, manipulative, and Lugner especially commands so much of a presence. We also got to see how strong Frieren actually is, because to this point, other than the fact that we knew her party defeated the Demon King, we didn't see much of the members in action, but just through stories. Her prowess would have been quite frankly wasted on the likes of Luger and Linia, so she let her friends, or in a way, her children in Fern and Stark deal with them, and the proud smile on her face as they parted ways says all you need to know about how she felt. I thought that this would be the climax of this arc perhaps, but it seems there it much more to go, and I couldn't be more excited.
Oct 27, 2023 9:58 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but did we get the true title of the show at the end?

I heard them say "Sousou" in regards to "Slayer" in Frieren's title. Is Sousou a homonym for both slayer and funeral?

I'm unstoppable
Oct 27, 2023 9:59 AM
Adventurer

Apr 2017
Reply to Kababi
Wait, I thought 葬送 or "sousou" meant funeral. But turns out Frieren the Slayer's "sousou no Frieren" in Japanese too. Is this a play on words in Japanese I'm missing, or did they take a few liberties translating her title to "Frieren the Slayer"?
@Kababi Oh, that's exactly what I was wondering too! I'm guessing it's a play on words.

I'm unstoppable
Oct 27, 2023 10:03 AM

Dec 2020
I really like how Frieren keeps cool at those moments how easy she killed this demon and also she the magician with the most demon kills.
Stark is trembling but he stands his man and gives fern the moment to shoot this magic.
Im so hyped for the next episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sγ‚·

Oct 27, 2023 10:04 AM

May 2015
Reply to Kababi
@Kababi the title is a play on words. It means both Frieren attends a funeral and Frieren is YOUR funeral. The whole slayer/reaper thing is a localization.
Oct 27, 2023 10:12 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to billybub
@Kababi the title is a play on words. It means both Frieren attends a funeral and Frieren is YOUR funeral. The whole slayer/reaper thing is a localization.
@billybub Ah, nice. I was assuming that was the case.
Oct 27, 2023 10:13 AM

Jul 2011
I personally disliked the episode. If was about them doing odd jobs would been great and fine. But this one had reason to be more fast paced and have more action.
They talked so much that even in the flashback Frieren couldn't kill the demon guy, and just killed the bootlicker demon. And Fern decided to do a stare off.

Now I don't know to get excited for the next episode.
Oct 27, 2023 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
As if the reveal that Frieren's been molding Fern to be a demon exterminator this whole time wasn't hype enough, they threw in that title drop. Goosebumps, man.

Also, something about Lugner's blood magic was animated is just so mesmerizing. Kinda reminds me of Deadman Wonderland's branch of sin powers.
Oct 27, 2023 10:36 AM
Oct 2023
Frieren the slayer:D
Time to kick some butt!
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced

deg - May 16

47 by Mdraj6996 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

206 by KonokoAsada »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

281 by KonokoAsada »»
12 hours ago

» best shonen award

deg - May 16

30 by Ryujin-Sama »»
Yesterday, 6:37 AM

» Rating

Holy_Momo - May 17

31 by Phloup »»
Yesterday, 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.