Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Girl & Her Guard Dog
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Isaku feeling uneasy at her age while growing up is natural, nothing out of the ordinary.

She got to spend more time outdoors with Keiya this episode. Having a picnic was a cute way for them to get to know more. Idk why but watching Keiya play with a rabbit is rather amusing. The show is taking its time developing these two and I think it's working well.
Oct 12, 2023 9:35 AM

Apr 2016
"People often tell me i look like a nightclub hostess", and those people are not your friends right, right ?

Anyway look, they are studying like normal high schoolers, and they fall asleep like regular high schoolers too, and they go to a nice date to the zoo as well, and then there is this older lady that's in love with the main guy who definitely is not going to get all jealous. Man, what a trope city this one is.

Also, some of the scenes are literally collapsing in terms of the visuals, some faces are really bad looking too.
Oct 12, 2023 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
Other than grades, Keiya is just acing through the hole for his protection on Isaku. As both Fujita and Hanasaki joins them...or rather, Keiya himself because he's a hottie, with a flat-out rejection.

It's clear that Keiya still adores Isaku in all ways, but something like women's perfume on Keiya does not sit well with her. Therefore, Keiya misunderstanding Isaku that she got angry because he didn't concentrate in school, she still cares for him in her own way. And as persistent as Keiya can be, he scored well, and wanted Isaku's reward...which is to kiss her. But why, because clearly, they'll be going over the line. Instead, bringing her out to a date to the zoo is the next appropriate thing to make her happy, she's overjoyed by the farm animals, and the lunch that he's prepared for her. But as girls tend to overwear their fashion sometimes, the toes can have blisters, and Keiya just shows his guardian gaze and take cares of her fervently.

Sure, Keiya may have his share of women, but Isaku is truly the girl whom he wants to be serious with. The romance is slowly happening...?
Oct 12, 2023 10:18 AM
Feb 2020
Another good episode. I'm surprised that the relationship between these two is starting to devolop pretty fast.
Oct 12, 2023 10:20 AM
Apr 2022
Despite being the Number 2, Keiya is bad at studies and his reasoning is right, he is not going to use any of those in his real life.
But it was not the case when Isaku was angry at him for not studying, so he studied hard to get good scores for a reward from Isaku-san. He wants to KISS HER (my mind voice it's happening it's happening), but she declines it, so he now wants to go on a zoo date with her.

Both of them are looking forward to their date. The romantic element slightly increased, they are holding hands and walking down the streets.
In the end, Isaku-san said okay to Keiya's first reward.

The romance is slowly improving.
Oct 12, 2023 10:41 AM
Jul 2023
The parental and familial perspectives being presented are a appreciated nuanced.

P.S:Wrathful Isaku is the best Isaku.
Oct 12, 2023 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
It's quite unfair that the guy can have many sexual experience while the girl must have none, but to be fair, in this season we also get anime that flip the gender on this virtue (Kimizero).
Oct 12, 2023 11:06 AM

Dec 2021
I'm not quite sure if I should be amazed that a 26-year-old managed to ace exams designed for 16-year-olds, haha. I suppose he likely didn't have much time for school, what with the whole yakuza situation.

It seems Isaku might have to opt for a small zoo outing instead of a kiss. Although, she might just get one from her brotherly father-figure Keiya before long, hahaha.

Oct 12, 2023 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Unfortunately, the animation quality dropped hard. It's kinda unusual for Project no 9. At least Isaku looks good.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 12, 2023 2:21 PM
May 2020
It's cute and creepy at the same time. A romance hit or get on the hit list!
Oct 12, 2023 2:45 PM
Aug 2020
really,they are going that way, i can not believe it...

he is supposed to be like a big brother to her...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 12, 2023 3:33 PM

Aug 2023
I can't 😂 when he picked her up, and she made eye contact with the kid. I'm 4'11" and totally can see something embarrassing like that happening to me. I died 🤣
DenverSammyOct 12, 2023 3:37 PM
Oct 12, 2023 5:00 PM

Feb 2019
well at least we know keiya hasn't really lived a saintly life since he stepped-in as isaku's stand-in parent/guardian lol

guess i'll have to wait until next week's episode to find out
Oct 12, 2023 5:16 PM
Mar 2018
Seems like a kiss may not be too far off.

I hope she can make some actual friends soon.

Also, from the preview shot of the ocean, I can think of a couple of obvious beach-related situations she'll need saving from...
Oct 12, 2023 6:45 PM

Apr 2022
animation continues to be bad, contributing to this being another boring episode.
Oct 12, 2023 8:02 PM
Jul 2023
for 3 episode i think the story not smooth enough and the anime make it feels a bit weird but i think i still like it for some reason
Oct 12, 2023 11:07 PM

Feb 2019
Yea idc what anyone says I love this damn show. That zoo date was the cutest shit I’ve seen all week. I like that Keiya realising Isaku wasn’t comfortable with the kiss thing so instead shifted to something that makes her happy, going to the zoo. After all the work they put in to get him to pass the tests, they both deserved the outing lol.

That outfit was so cute. Isaku definitely knows how to put herself together and Keiya rightfully let her know how beautiful she looked.

Couldn’t help but laugh at him picking her up like she was a little kid to see the Koalas lmao. The kid on his dad’s shoulder is like wtf 😂

It was so cute seeing how jealous Isaku got over Keiya during parts of this episode. Like when she smelt the perfume on him and when he talked about sex. She reacts like a normal girl in love and I appreciate that.

“That was the first time I actually wanted to kiss someone” noo you can’t just leave us on a cliffhanger like that. I need to see the kiss 🤦🏽‍♂️ episode really went by quickly, had a lot of fun with it.

The only issue I have rn is the animation quality is REALLY lacking. Like sometimes it’s laughably bad which sucks because the art for the manga and designs are so nice. Project No.9 are usually way better than this
Marinate1016Oct 12, 2023 11:11 PM
Oct 12, 2023 11:55 PM
Sep 2023
Very creepy, hes 26 no matter how you want to spin it. I keep watching this pedi anime to see how low it gets
Oct 13, 2023 1:28 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh man are they gonna actually kiss?? Well we're left with a cliff-hanger, so 99% most likely not... :/

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 13, 2023 1:35 AM

Feb 2019
He could've asked from the very beginning for a date. But no, he asked for a kiss, to make everything even creepier than it already was. Not to mention that his dead fish eyes are creeping me out.
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Oct 13, 2023 2:34 AM

Mar 2011
I don't know why but I can't warm up with these characters. Isaku is at least bearable but Keiya is like... Evereytime I think he has his moments he is losing it again (what he said to the rabbit was not cute or even funny). Also I felt like he wanting a kiss from Isaku came out of the blue and wasn't really natural. If you write a complicated relationshiip like that it needs to be understandable to the readers/viewers why the feelings of characters changed or at least that they did at one point even if we didn't see when it happened there's a conflict that needs to happen along with the shift. And while I think it's mainly Keiya's ignorance (on his part) it leaves you like: why did he say/why did he do that now? I think I start to feel like why people don't like the premise of this anime and why they mind the age gap. Because it's written in a way that's a little concerning and disturbing. It's like having all the ingredients for a meal but then mixing them together and adding a bunch of toxic stuff to it, leaving something hard to digest and enjoy.

But I liked that he choose to take her to the zoo because he felt like she would like it and that he took care of her feet when they hurt. Also at least saying why he asked for a kiss although his reasons are stupid and have zero to do with romance (yeah, how romantic, he always thought kissing was something you do with people you sleep with but now for the first time he wants to kiss someone for real but I guess for some people it feels romantic but at least not to mel).

It's just their chemistry between them is off - not because of the age gap - but because there is no gap between him acting as her parent/family and then developing feelings (and overcoming his ignorance for his shift, how he sees her)*. If this story had that it would be much better and less problematic. Because from here on it's going down to the romance path and I don't know if they will be able to show this change of relationship like it needs to in order to feel romantic and not weird (yes, there's a fine line between romance and problematic love - aside from toxic characters). So I hope my comment can be seen as constructive criticism more than bashing the concept itself. Because as a writer I know you can make this kind of fiction work on paper.

Although I don't feel the romance I think I'm going to watch at least the next episode. Just because I'm curious what direction the writers will take from here on and if I'm right with my predictions.

*There's actually an otome game called "Radiant Tale" covering a similar issue: MC having feelings for someone who took kind of a parental role for her up to some point. And there they handled the issue very well in my opinion. So it CAN work.
Wildflower3Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Oct 13, 2023 3:46 AM

Oct 2017
Isaku chan kawaii. Their date was nice. Also that hostess woman was hot. So we getting a kiss or?
Oct 13, 2023 3:59 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Banger episode, really loved the entire Zoo trip, it really looked like Keiya was just being a dad here while Isaku was on cloud 9, i especially loved the bit where Keiya tried holding her up so she could see the koalas lol, that’s definitely a bit you won’t see in any other romance anime. And that final scene was kinda wild, they were really in their own world on that crosswalk, but I kept thinking they’d be interrupted by a honking car lol, which could still happen if next episode picks up where this one left off, but I’m just betting this kiss won’t happen somehow lol.

The first half with Keiya failing his tests was good too, Isaku absolutely wasn’t having that lol. Keiya pulled through tho and passed the tests and expected a reward, the kiss request seemed kinda out of nowhere and Isaku thought so too, but this lead to the zoo outing which slapped so I’m glad it happened lol.
Oct 13, 2023 5:34 AM

Jan 2020
For a moment I thought Keiya almost kissed Isaku during their conversation but it didn't happen, and we are now left with a cliffhanger.

Their relationship is slowly improving, that's good.

Oct 13, 2023 9:21 AM

Dec 2020
And out of the blue we're at the stage of kissing🗿
Oct 13, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2021
Love when they zoom out and it looks like stundperfomers trying vaguely to look like them
Oct 13, 2023 12:45 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to DheCupidore
Very creepy, hes 26 no matter how you want to spin it. I keep watching this pedi anime to see how low it gets
@DheCupidore same, kinda hate watching
Oct 13, 2023 1:42 PM

May 2023
Well, I'm getting more attached and finding them both cute as the episodes go by. However, I really can't imagine the two of them together just because he created her.
I hope this changes... I really hope...

I thought it was really cute that she took photos of him with the bunny.
Oct 13, 2023 4:31 PM
Jan 2023
I do not like the grooming plot
Oct 13, 2023 7:11 PM

Aug 2016
It’s gross that he’s had an adult sex life for years but she’s a pure little virgin girl made just for him.
Oct 14, 2023 1:10 AM

Oct 2022
Ignoring the plot, I find the outfit choices very interesting, idk its a little more unusual than what u usually see girls wearing in anime.
Oct 14, 2023 3:55 AM

Mar 2008
I think I like this episode better than previous two. Seeing more of Keiya being kind of immature and having some sweet considerate aspects to him makes him a little more likable but I still dont like him from his overbearingness and aggressiveness which is even toward a little bunny that he said reminded him of Isaku which just didnt come off cute like it might have been intended... now i get what someone said about not watching this if you are bothered by red flags. That aside there was various cute moments between them.
Oct 14, 2023 5:00 AM
Nov 2022
I just need to know where she got her jumper from because I love it! 😍 It looks SO comfy 🥹
Oct 15, 2023 8:01 PM

Feb 2023
ngl...as cute as it was, this episode was super f*cking creepy. The girl having a one sided crush is cute as long as the grown-ass man doesn't return the feelings. I was wondering how long it would take for this show to turn weird tho.
Oct 19, 2023 1:45 PM
Aug 2023
sick to my stomach
Oct 19, 2023 4:21 PM

Dec 2021
Still a low seven. Still really don't like this relationship dynamic, but I also still haven't ripped out any hair in rage. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't found it in me to drop this anime yet.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Oct 22, 2023 11:47 AM

Jan 2022
This is soooo good. Although in the manga if I remember correctly, Keiya asks about the kiss before taking his exams. Either way, I absolutely loved this episode and their little date was so cute.
This never updates so that's cool
Oct 22, 2023 6:10 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
One of those confessions that feel so wrong...and would absolutely raise all hairs if it's real life, but when it's an anime boy with a pretty voice? Well... :guraAvert: I guess I'll watch one more episode.
Oct 25, 2023 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
the anime keeps remembering us about how he's a parental figure to her and that makes this even more uncomfortable than it already is.
Nov 2, 2023 12:26 PM

May 2020
A 26 year old getting zeroes in some run-of-the-mill 10th standard test papers is something, we, as a society should take seriously.

Also, why is he acting more like a molester episode after episode?
Nov 10, 2023 10:20 PM
Oct 2022
Simply just loved it
Nov 18, 2023 2:07 AM
Oct 2022
NANI WHATS GOING ON HELPPPLP
Nov 23, 2023 12:37 AM

Apr 2015
So at this point its clear that they both like eachother, The Guard is so one dimensional and shows zero emotion lol.
Jan 25, 10:36 AM
Jul 2023
pedobear wants hug you
Jan 25, 10:37 AM
Jul 2023
pedobear wants hug you
Mar 20, 10:28 AM
Jun 2022
This One Was Alright.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2023

56 by Lolicon »»
May 23, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 28, 2023

146 by Lolicon »»
May 23, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2023

45 by kajinokage »»
May 3, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

46 by AngelicFallsx »»
Apr 3, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ojou to Banken-kun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2023

50 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 20, 10:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.