Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 4, 2023 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this turned out to be cute especially with Charlotte's personality mixed with her personality and the fantasy setting. I think she and Allen has a somewhat adorable chemistry so far.

Allen seems like the no nonsense type of guy and his voice is surprisingly deeper than I had expected. Seems he came to an understanding about Charlotte and it's going to build the story from there. I mean, it's not an overwhelming impressive episode but cute to watch.
Oct 4, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, this LN title is a long mouthful one, coming from the rather new author of Sametarou Fukada.

The story of a girl running away from capture into a forest where the residing Demon Lord hates humans, this is definitely a naughty encounter of him and this runaway witch who's a convict from their kingdom. And once again, Gintama's Gintoki a.k.a Tomokazu Sugita VAs as Allen Crawford, the Great Demon Lord who picked up the exiled fiancée of Charlotte Evans. Her Kingdom of Neruz, apart from being a "rightful" nation, bears the facade of the royalty begrudging her being a mistress's daughter to frame her for things that she did not do. So then, Allen wanting Charlotte to be his maid, her naivete is really innocent that even the Demon Lord has to put himself in a curse to force her to work for him, the blackmail.

Being someone who's found new life, Charlotte's working a maid for now, because Allen's not great at everything else, even housework and being social. Even to the point of counting grains on the floor, that's how restless Charlotte is. All she's good for is her bridal lessons, and Allen finds a common inkling within her...to teach her all things naughty. The crash course on being a baddie for joy and pleasure, there's more to life, and the first task on the docket: food, glorious sweets. Allen literally spoiling her with his funds to make her happy, and this has been the happiest of her life since getting out of royalty, sharing that happiness with the Demon Lord.

A Demon Lord gentleman with a sweet and innocent lady, how lewd (and wholesome) is that.
KANLen09Oct 10, 2023 4:06 AM
Oct 4, 2023 6:30 AM

Apr 2016
Oh no, he's the one that got kicked from the party, lmao.

Now, one would think that if the lair of a demon king is this known of a location to the general public ... kings with their armies would go and ... destroy him ? No ? Ok, nevermind.

But anyway, speaking of the demon lord's lair, that is one cozy looking mansion in the middle of the forest. Almost Disney like, lol. Also, they going hard on the comedy aspect, aint they.
Oct 4, 2023 6:31 AM

Nov 2010
"Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon" Gintama version!?
Oct 4, 2023 6:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was.. a little bit bland to start off with, but could have potential to be funny later on if the girl is dragged down the path of degeneracy. Depends on how it goes
Oct 4, 2023 7:18 AM

Apr 2010
Well we already established that the country is ruled by a ashole prince and that the main female character is way to meek.
The main seems confident the question is will his confidence be enough to protect the female lead.
Oct 4, 2023 7:45 AM

Apr 2020
Great slice of life vibes, this might become my favorite slice of life of the season. Also, it seems like Saori Hayami and Sugita are everywhere this season.
Oct 4, 2023 7:52 AM
Aug 2023
lol he wondered how puse she is but ofc she is a child and ofc she is pure because she never know the word selfish lmao I liked her personality and how she believed his lie definitely waiting for next ep
Oct 4, 2023 8:07 AM

Jun 2021
Looks like I found a hidden gem. Rom-com fantasy of the season. Allen and Charlotte, I like their chemistry already. What's more, they're voiced by Sugita and Hayamin, so I'll go for it. It was a fun first episode.
Oct 4, 2023 8:11 AM
Jun 2022
Bem legal, realmente impróprio haha
Oct 4, 2023 8:29 AM

Sep 2016
awww this was so cute!!! charlotte is so pure and precious and allen is so kind. but the thing that i cant get over is his voice,, it rlly doesn't suit him imo 😭 but other than that this looks like its off with a nice start ^^
Oct 4, 2023 8:43 AM
May 2023
I'd say this is a masterpiece
Oct 4, 2023 8:56 AM

May 2019
The story didn't do much, but the charm at the end when she started crying it manage to tingling my little heart, Allen on the other hand he definitely didn't know the meaning of "make you the happiest" to a woman, right?

Anyway, the next episode probably great
Oct 4, 2023 8:57 AM
May 2021
I just cant stop smiling while watching this episode.
Oct 4, 2023 9:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like the royal family would spare nothing to hunt down Charlotte. The demon lord though sure is an odd ball though. Still really feel for Charlotte though being framed like that. Charlotte and Allen though sure have quite the contrast in their lives despite the switch in their status. If anything its even sadder that Charlotte was not even able to enjoy a nice meal with her family. And judging from the fact that she views them as masters and not family it wasn't a good bond either. Overall a pretty fun opening ep that promises a rather curious premise that sounds like a journey of discovery for two odd balls as they learn to reconnect with society and life. Cute opening theme though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2023 9:30 AM

May 2020
There wasn't exactly anything bad with this premiere, but I just got a bit bored around the middle. Was almost thinking where's that kind of a crash course they were selling this series with, until Allen pitched in the idea towards the end lol.

Now I do hope he does help her feel EVERY KIND OF PLEASURE, like he's claiming:)
Oct 4, 2023 10:00 AM
Feb 2020
Simple but cute, and this anime's vibe is really chilling
Oct 4, 2023 10:04 AM

Nov 2016
Sugita and Hayami are so fun to watch in their roles. It's astounding how much the watching experience is elevated just by that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2023 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
I really enjoyed this one! It felt fresh and new in the terms of a Fantasy/Comfy anime. Def has the comfy vibes that Shiro Seijo had last season.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 4, 2023 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to HaXXspetten
Well that was.. a little bit bland to start off with, but could have potential to be funny later on if the girl is dragged down the path of degeneracy. Depends on how it goes
@HaXXspetten I must quite agree, first episode did not awe.
Oct 4, 2023 10:17 AM
May 2021
This is pretty lame, I don't mind some comfort food, but this seems to have all the substance and nutritional benefit of candy floss. If you want a comfy anime may I suggest you check out the Saint's Power is Omnipotent? The second season has just started.
Oct 4, 2023 11:29 AM

Feb 2019
Wait classroom for heroes got a season 2? Blade??

Definitely one of the most unique ways to start one of these slower paced fantasy shows. Demon lord Threatening to kill himself to get the girl is new πŸ’€.

Always going to give credit for originality in anime and this is definitely a new way to introduce a show. I think Allen and Charlotte had some cute moments today, and even though he’s weird, Allen has a big heart.

While the method to recruit her may have been weird, charlotte’s home-life wasn’t any better, so there’s worse things than eating cake and learning to be “naughty” with Allen. The key for this show is going to be what’re they gonna give us on a weekly basis. This was a cute start but I did lose interest and zone out at a few points throughout the episode.

I think it has potential to be a fun watch, just gonna have to actually live up to the “crash course” part of its name. Solid first episode though. And it’s hayamin voicing Charlotte so it’s got some really good things going for it
Marinate1016Oct 4, 2023 11:45 AM
Oct 4, 2023 11:33 AM

Oct 2017
Charlotte is such an angel, glad Hayamin is voicing her, makes her even more angelic. This was wholesome, really sweet stuff. Should be a sweet anime.
Oct 4, 2023 12:00 PM
Jul 2016
why does he look like Black Jack lmao

Anyway, does "ikenai/γ‚€γ‚±γƒŠγ‚€" have the same vaguely sexual connotations as the word "naughty"? Would love to know.

anyway, they combined 2 up and coming popular tropes for fantasy manga here: the exiled fiancee and the "banished from the heroes' party" trope. I could probably name 20 manga with similar tropes.

Oct 4, 2023 12:05 PM

Feb 2007
Too adorable for words. ^_^

erikkamirs said:
Anyway, does "ikenai/γ‚€γ‚±γƒŠγ‚€" have the same vaguely sexual connotations as the word "naughty"? Would love to know.

Very much so.
luinthoronOct 4, 2023 12:09 PM
Oct 4, 2023 12:05 PM

Dec 2021
We're in for a delightful romantic comedy between a reclusive Demon Lord with a penchant for correcting academic papers and a Cinderella-esque character wrongfully accused of crimes, and to top it off, they're both voiced by Sugita and Hayamin? Count me in! Sugita and Hayamin's dynamic from their radio shows is so enjoyable, and it's a blast to see them interact in this context.

Poor Charlotte, it seems she's never really experienced any genuine fun, prompting Allen to take it upon himself to introduce her to the joys of life, starting with indulging in naughty pleasures like devouring heaps of sweets and junk food instead of a proper dinner. I'm eagerly anticipating what other "naughty" adventures Allen has in store for her. Perhaps seeking revenge on that Prince might be on the agenda as well.

Oct 4, 2023 12:44 PM
Apr 2019
Anyone want to go with me to Storm Charlotte's parents and fiance's house?
Oct 4, 2023 12:57 PM

Jul 2008

The only thing I can think about is how terrible I would feel after eating all those sweets on an empty stomach. Heck, last time I had just one slice of cake and a cup of black tea on an empty stomach I felt really light headed. and I can't even imagine what kind of stomachache I would get from eating that many sweets in such a short time span. πŸ˜†
Oct 4, 2023 1:06 PM
Sep 2023
its light,funny and sweet. i think it's great that he's helping someone who hasn't had a lot of opportunities. and she gets to enjoy a totally different life. and the voice actor for her is AMAZING!!!!!!!
Oct 4, 2023 2:03 PM
Feb 2021
sate sate sate, first episode was good.
Oct 4, 2023 2:15 PM
Apr 2017
I really liked it! And the fact that the protagonist's seiyΕ« is Shirayuki's voice... I'm crying
Oct 4, 2023 2:27 PM

May 2015
Well the only reason I even bothered watching this was because Hayami Saori was in it, but was pleasantly surprised.
Oct 4, 2023 2:51 PM

Dec 2016
This is a drop for me.

I did like the initial setup of a dumped/framed princess being rescued by the lord of a manor. But I really don't like anything about MC's visuals nor his voice actor. I still don't know how does Sugita still gets acting roles after his affair was exposed, while that other VA's career was completely axed because he cheated on Lisa. Sugita's voice doesn't fit that of an (edgy) teenager at all, I feel that someone like Hanae Natsuki would had been a much more fitting actor for the role.
Oct 4, 2023 4:52 PM

Sep 2007
I had to double-check the category/genre and basically went "What? This is supposed to be comedy?"

I mean...Allen alone is sort of funny but I don't really like the female MC one bit. She seems so bland and they continuously keep bringing out the victim card. She reminds me of those empty-headed & gullible damsel in distresses whom have no sense of 'self' but only exist to fulfill a role.

The only way I can see my opinion of her improving anytime soon is if she somehow "gets revenge" on the people/kingdom that chased her out by using the skills Allen teaches her (which is what I originally thought this was going to be like when I read the description) but it doesn't look like it's going that direction at all, instead Allen goes "I'm going to take you all over the world" and making it sound like it's heading towards the romance route but NOT because clearly Allen doesn't think that way (HELLO! Did you not just realize that was technically an indirect kiss?? UGH.....)

I also think him randomly "taking her in" without hesitation nor reason was totally a random stretch and seems like bad writing....
I might give this one more chance next week but it's not looking good.
IkanoOct 4, 2023 4:56 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 4, 2023 5:56 PM

May 2010
Doesn't feels like the words is coming out from the character's mouth...
Oct 4, 2023 6:22 PM

Apr 2022
that was a generic start but i still liked it. sugita is so jokes, i don't think i can take him seriously as a romantic lead lol all i hear is gintoki. hayami saori as the pure chick whose cute design i like. both of my favorite voice actors together, i really hope this gets better. the visuals are surprisingly clean as well. i was expecting crawford to be the dude who defeats the demon lord but for him to be the demon lord himself wowed me for sure. looking forward to the rest of this and hope my boy gives her real pleasure, iykwim hehe.
kuroneko99 said:
oh my days i actually thought the same.
Oct 4, 2023 6:51 PM
May 2017
The series began very, very good! Cannot wait to see more of Allen and Charlotte's relationship.
leonardobarbaOct 4, 2023 6:55 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 4, 2023 6:51 PM

Nov 2008
Lost a lot of brain cells watching that.
Oct 4, 2023 9:33 PM

Aug 2010
Reply to Kimurah
This is a drop for me.

I did like the initial setup of a dumped/framed princess being rescued by the lord of a manor. But I really don't like anything about MC's visuals nor his voice actor. I still don't know how does Sugita still gets acting roles after his affair was exposed, while that other VA's career was completely axed because he cheated on Lisa. Sugita's voice doesn't fit that of an (edgy) teenager at all, I feel that someone like Hanae Natsuki would had been a much more fitting actor for the role.
@Kimurah when was Sugita's affair brought up? Never heard about it somehow. Or did you mixed it up with Sakurai Takahiro?

Anyways, agree that Sugita's voice doesn't match the characters here.. also somehow Hayami Saori's voice also feels off.. not sure if she just don't fit or maybe the voice directing.

Personally still interested to watch the next episode. I quite like the main 2 characters so far.
Oct 4, 2023 10:51 PM

Jan 2022
It's not the kind of "naughty" I was expecting but still enjoyed the show. On a sidenote, is the mc voice too deep for such a character design?
Oct 4, 2023 11:01 PM
Nov 2022
From the synopsis I thought that the demon would be the typical edgy who hates others, luckily that was not the case, he seems to be a mature and intelligent guy, it is easy to sympathize with him, (#nohomo)

I felt very sorry for the girl, she had a horrible life and was practically treated like garbage, I hope that with the "great devil" she can be happy.

And where is the Capybara that they promised me in the trailer?
Oct 5, 2023 12:06 AM
Oct 2019
NGL, I thought this was gonna be this season's ecchi. Boy was I wrong. I didn't watch any trailers of course, but come on that title and Sugita being the MC, how could you not assume.
Oct 5, 2023 12:31 AM
Jan 2019
The threatening to kill himself was a bit odd.
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 AM

Apr 2015
Stereotype Sugita and stereotype Hayami to the point that I see their faces instead of the characters while they speak
Oct 5, 2023 12:59 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to kuroneko99
@kuroneko99 Thinking more of Angel Next Door atm
Oct 5, 2023 2:06 AM
Apr 2021
- like the character design
- The male MC's voiceover is okay I guess but the female MC's voiceover is perfect
- story nice
- environment nice too
- overall I like it 10/10
Oct 5, 2023 3:17 AM

Dec 2021
It's not something too amazing nor there is anything that can be looked forward but it is surprisingly cozy. The antics of the male lead is entertaining. Nevertheless I started this only for Hayami.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Oct 5, 2023 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
When the definition of naughty stuff is chaos and fun, I hope it would be a wholesome show.

And Male MC not only OP but very respectul, I love this GIGACHAD
Oct 5, 2023 4:54 AM

Mar 2008
That voice feels just a little too deep for this guy from how he looks but not too off. I like the idea of introducing some naive girl to fun things.

Im wondering who goes around forests braiding unicorn's manes lol

HaXXspetten said:

That would be fun lol but ii get the feeling it is going down a wholesome route maybe some mischief pulling pranks here and there.
Oct 5, 2023 5:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Reply to traed
That voice feels just a little too deep for this guy from how he looks but not too off. I like the idea of introducing some naive girl to fun things.

Im wondering who goes around forests braiding unicorn's manes lol

HaXXspetten said:

That would be fun lol but ii get the feeling it is going down a wholesome route maybe some mischief pulling pranks here and there.
@traed Most likely yes I think so too, which would be okay too I guess but not as fun as the other option
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Dec 20, 2023

74 by joetran0 »»
Apr 19, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2023

37 by Luke_MK »»
Mar 2, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2023

31 by FragmantLemon »»
Feb 20, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

33 by FragmantLemon »»
Feb 18, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Konyaku Haki sareta Reijou wo Hirotta Ore ga, Ikenai Koto wo Oshiekomu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2023

33 by SaltyCookie »»
Feb 1, 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.