Forum Settings
Forums

'Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen' Third Part Announced for 2024

New
Sep 30, 2023 8:59 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The 13th and final episode of the Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan (Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Separation) television anime announced on Sunday that the third part of the anime series, subtitled Soukoku-tan, is set to premiere in 2024 on TV Tokyo. The official website also revealed an announcement promo and teaser visual (pictured).

Produced by Pierrot, the first part and second part aired in Fall 2022 and Summer 2023, respectively. Hulu simulcast the anime series in the U.S. and subsequently streamed an English dub. Disney+ streamed the anime worldwide. The anime series will air in four split cours.

Sennen Kessen-hen (Thousand-Year Blood War) adapts the final arc of Tite Kubo's Bleach manga, which spans from the 55th to the 74th volume. Prior to the series' serialization, Kubo published a pilot chapter in December 2000. The action adventure manga debuted in Weekly Shounen Jump in August 2001. After a 15-year serialization, Kubo ended the series in August 2016. Shueisha published the 74th and final volume in November of that year.

VIZ Media acquired the series' master license in March 2006 and serialized the manga in English in its print edition of Shounen Jump magazine between November 2007 and March 2012. The manga concurrently moved to the Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha digital anthology in January 2012. The company published the 74th and final volume in October 2018 and released the 26th home video installment of the anime in September 2015.

The first television anime by Pierrot began airing in Fall 2004 and ended with 366 episodes in Winter 2012, covering the first 54 volumes. The manga also inspired four anime films in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010 December.

Announcement

Official site: https://bleach-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @BLEACHanimation

Source: Comic Natalie

Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Soukoku-tan on MAL
Hyperion_PSSep 30, 2023 9:09 AM
Sep 30, 2023 9:13 AM

May 2020
They might have massacred multiple adaptations in the past, but Pierrot's doing the best possible thing to Bleach right now.

2 done, 2 more to go. Also do think it'd be a 6 month gap again.
Sep 30, 2023 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
Is this an ad for Bleach or a teaser for the new James Bond, lol?
Sep 30, 2023 9:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Just about at the halfway mark, and it's still so good! Pierrot be treatin' us well!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2023 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
Probably going to be next April. Can't wait 🙏
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 30, 2023 9:58 AM

Jan 2009
2 cours left remaining including this one
Sep 30, 2023 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
I never thought the 1000 years blood war could be so good if modified in anime form, absolutely amazing this adaptation was.
The final fight will be the best thing in my anime fan life.
Sep 30, 2023 11:08 AM

Dec 2015
Studio pierrot is really cooking with this adaptation
Sep 30, 2023 11:32 AM

Mar 2019
Best news of the day, what a joy! 🎊
Sep 30, 2023 12:03 PM
Dec 2019
Great last 2 episodes might read the manga to see what happens cause idk how Ywach and the quinces bout to make a comeback after what I just saw they got slammed
Sep 30, 2023 12:24 PM

Jun 2021
Oh, they're going to adapt the rest. Looking forward to this.
Sep 30, 2023 3:31 PM
Apr 2020
Never going to skip it. They did many thing right in cour 2 and I hope it continues in cour 3
Sep 30, 2023 4:30 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

I cannot wait for this, yaay, hopefully there will be many anime-original scenes ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 30, 2023 8:08 PM

Oct 2021
Likely another six month wait, but it's easily worth it for this level of production. Pierrot are outdoing themselves.
Oct 1, 2023 1:50 AM

Nov 2021
Considering that they have already adapted over half of the TYBW arc from the manga already, we are probably going to get a lot of additional scenes in cours 3 and 4
MALoween 2023 Candies | x 5

Oct 1, 2023 3:58 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
to be honest, i wasn't a huge fan of this last cour and in general i have issues with this arc, but the production values are very impressive, the last few episodes with squad 0 were pretty fun and of course nostalgia is a major element here as well, so i'll stick with it all the way to the end.
Oct 1, 2023 7:09 PM

Aug 2020
Oh yes more of the best shonen. It deserves way more. One for the family!

Oct 1, 2023 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
I hope the wait isn't too long, but at the same time, Pierrot should be given as much time as possible to cook.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Apr 2009
The quality of animation is pretty impressive so I can wait a little with zero complaint.
Oct 2, 2023 8:07 AM
Apr 2021
Can't wait to see the 3rd cour, i just hope the animators is doing good right now
Oct 4, 2023 3:58 AM

Apr 2020
I cant believe how good this Adaptation actually is. They tried their best, to show Bleach as what it can be.

Really really hyped to see what comes next and how they fix the final Arc. Until now the Anime ist really fine, not amazing but cool to watch. BUT now starts the worst Part of the Manga.
Oct 4, 2023 9:09 AM

Oct 2017
More action to come, part 2 stopped at a good point.
Oct 27, 2023 10:37 AM

Oct 2023
Reply to Resting_Bonfire
I cant believe how good this Adaptation actually is. They tried their best, to show Bleach as what it can be.

Really really hyped to see what comes next and how they fix the final Arc. Until now the Anime ist really fine, not amazing but cool to watch. BUT now starts the worst Part of the Manga.
Can't wait for the continuation.

@Resting_Bonfire Clearly 6 months was not enough time to reach 1st cour's level of animation and I think they just wanted to rush all those fights with many not so interesting (subjective opinion) villains in order to expand and flesh out all the content that's left just like in the last episodes from 2nd cour.

Nevertheless some villains were interesting and had creative powers. I'm fine with such trade-off, because imo 2nd cour covered the worst part of this arc. I only hope we will get really great animation, because I assume from the trailer that production this time will take more time than mere 6 months. Trailer teased only 2024 year. I'm not gonna worry about art, osts and direction - these were top notch.

What is more interesting even manga readers don't know exactly what's about to come, because two more cours are confirmed and there's only enough manga material for one cour.

It is also a shame Pierrot probably had limited staff this season. I've read MAPPA took so many people (also freelancers) in to work on JJK. Around 100 animators had worked on some already aired episodes. None of the 2nd cour's episodes had such big team.
Oct 28, 2023 12:40 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to goaTMaru
Can't wait for the continuation.

@Resting_Bonfire Clearly 6 months was not enough time to reach 1st cour's level of animation and I think they just wanted to rush all those fights with many not so interesting (subjective opinion) villains in order to expand and flesh out all the content that's left just like in the last episodes from 2nd cour.

Nevertheless some villains were interesting and had creative powers. I'm fine with such trade-off, because imo 2nd cour covered the worst part of this arc. I only hope we will get really great animation, because I assume from the trailer that production this time will take more time than mere 6 months. Trailer teased only 2024 year. I'm not gonna worry about art, osts and direction - these were top notch.

What is more interesting even manga readers don't know exactly what's about to come, because two more cours are confirmed and there's only enough manga material for one cour.

It is also a shame Pierrot probably had limited staff this season. I've read MAPPA took so many people (also freelancers) in to work on JJK. Around 100 animators had worked on some already aired episodes. None of the 2nd cour's episodes had such big team.
@goaTMaru

Yes i agree with you. The change of quality is noticeable. But as long its superior to the Disaster called Bleach Manga, i am fine with anything.

Exactly, that's why i am hoping for new additional Content and good animations. Since Bleach has a more or less weak Plot and Mediocre Villains, it makes it up with epic fights and good animations and music. If they cant hit it properly, this might end in a disaster. Kubo is creative and presented us many different cool Powers and Villains as you said. But they were basically just empty Shells with big Guns.
Nov 17, 2023 4:49 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Resting_Bonfire
@goaTMaru

Yes i agree with you. The change of quality is noticeable. But as long its superior to the Disaster called Bleach Manga, i am fine with anything.

Exactly, that's why i am hoping for new additional Content and good animations. Since Bleach has a more or less weak Plot and Mediocre Villains, it makes it up with epic fights and good animations and music. If they cant hit it properly, this might end in a disaster. Kubo is creative and presented us many different cool Powers and Villains as you said. But they were basically just empty Shells with big Guns.
@Resting_Bonfire I think if they add a lot of plot content, enemies' motives, fix holes and show consequences of upcoming fights (we don't even know what happened later to Urahara and the others), the 2nd cour will be the worst out of 4, because in 2nd cour so many power counters happened which may have tired people. From now on it should be better (considering potential fixes) and not only regarding animation-wise.
dzudoKingNov 17, 2023 5:03 AM

More topics from this board

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

43 by Nightleon »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.