Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 29, 2023 10:18 PM
Nov 2022
My favorite character this season is without a doubt Mami-chan, she is the MVP of this entire third season, she had incredible development and exceptional participation.

Please, no season 4 ._.
Sep 29, 2023 10:24 PM

Jul 2021
easily the best episode of this season. we were made to face kazuya's real feelings towards chizuru, most of us knew them all along but now it is laid bare for the viewers who are a little slow to catch on.

it was my deepest wish for chizuru to get comfortable enough and trust kazuya enough to hug him and have a breakdown all since that episode when her obachan was diagnosed and it finally came true. that scene got me a little teary-eyed but also made me incredibly happy because of the progress they've made. you don't get vulnerable like that in front of just anyone especially not a woman like chizuru. in my books this is tremendous progress. kazuya is just overthinking about that night. he needs to understand that what happened made chizuru feel good, she was holding it in for too long and finally letting everything go must have felt real good which is why she doesn't wanna talk about that night again. also you can see how her smile seemed so much more genuine and cheerful than usual in the post-credit. i'm really happy at the progress they both have made throughout this season.

also that ideal girlfriend speech was practically a confession to chizuru and kazuya doesn't even realise that. chizuru realised it most probably which is why she got so red.

this single episode elevated my whole season 3 experience by a lot. previous episodes were great but this was on a whole different level. loved every minute of it.

kazuya shined a lot in this episode. his inner monologue when they were lightning fireworks in silence post the little sob incident and then his ideal girlfriend speech and then his speech about his real and true feelings for chizuru were so very well done. the VA did a great job in portraying kazuya's emotions and what he was feeling while he was speaking or thinking and the lines themselves fit perfectly. i don't know how anyone can belittle this man who loves so passionately, it is more than love, what he feels for chizuru is rare to find these days. even after so many distractions he has eyes only for one woman. man just needs to work on his personal development- confidence, self-esteem and other stuff and then no one can stop this man from getting chizuru.

15/10 episode. this episode made my day. now my year could be made if i just see a season 4 announcement ;)

overall 10/10.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 29, 2023 11:00 PM

Mar 2012
I'm sad that Mami-chan didn't get enough screentime this season but wasn't that Kazuya's grandmother in the end, what was she doing with Mami-chan?
Sep 30, 2023 12:57 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Normally, I don't like when KanoKari tries to be serious, but this time I liked it. Second half of the episode was also very nice, thanks again to... Yaemori. She almost carried the whole season on her shoulders.

Well, without further ado, Yaemori's appreciation gallery.

Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Sep 30, 2023 1:08 AM

May 2016
Best season ever had one of the best dramatic scenes ever, Mizuhara letting go of her act and crying her heart out brought me to tears as well.

10/10 for the finale.
Sep 30, 2023 1:17 AM
Sep 2023
Pretty good, I liked seeing the little bit of character development in Kazuya too
Sep 30, 2023 1:34 AM
Aug 2023
WILLs_Anime_ said:
@MyLittlePonfarr come on man. Don't come in here and spoil.

I don't think I gave any plot details over to spoil did I? Just making people aware that until Reiji gets his act together and writes a proper.ending, this would be a good stopping point for people who were on the fence with Rent-a-Girlfriend. The three seasons so far covers roughly to chapter 150-ish of the manga. there's another 150 issues afterwards, and I kid you not, they would struggle to.make ONE season with these next 150 chapters.
A shame, because even though the series is dumb fun, it was still fun :(
Sep 30, 2023 1:42 AM
Dec 2019
Is the next set of season episodes confirmed yet?
Sep 30, 2023 1:47 AM
Dec 2019
Prob the best season of the show but realistically I’m pretty the development slows down they both beat around the bush to much, rather than saying how they really feel. Aldo the MC has to dump Ruka or else nothing will happen. I’ve read the last like 100 chapters of the manga so I know how slow this shoe will be getting to the point where there actually going out. 7.7/10 for me this season
Sep 30, 2023 1:58 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Wow pls end this already. Why do we need another season? Pls write a good ending for this series, it would have been the perfect opportunity.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 30, 2023 3:11 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was going to watch this earlier today, but then I thought: you know what, this might actually be good; let's save it for later, watch it after my shift at work, to have something to look forward to. And what we got was.... yeah, not bad. Still can't give it that thumbs-up score of a 7, but I for one would gladly pat it on the back for actually trying. If this season 3 of rent-a-girlfriend were a person, I'd put my hand on their shoulder and say: "you did quite alright son."

If more seasons of this are pumped out in the future, I'm assuming it's just going to get repetitive or straight up go to sh*t, with this movie arc being this series one redeeming factor. And if it does go to sh*t (which overall it is already) as it probably will, let's just be thankful for what we got: one season where we weren't constantly cringing in pain, watching it because it was so bad that it was good, watching a dumpster fire that you just can't look away from..... but instead something that maybe made you smile, or even shed a tear.

6.3/10

edit: only real downside is that we got pretty much no Mami-chan

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 30, 2023 3:28 AM
Jul 2022
Wrote a whole essay on the Crunchyroll comments so I don't feel like writing as much again. Hell, this is the first time I am writing in the discussion threads, so that alone tells you that I have to vent.

This topic will be mostly regarding Kazuya or whatever his name is. First and foremost, the starting inner monologue. I don't know if it was meant to make us feel positive towards the character that he's actually thinking about this, but it had the opposite effect. The more it went on, the more infuriated I was. Instead of going and helping her out, he sat there thinking of "how much she is hurting" and how "he wishes to be there," meanwhile he could have just went and supported her.

Now, I'll give him a little credit since he man'ed up and pushed her buttons to expose her true feelings, and just when I thought a little better of him, he failed once again as a character. Mizuhara literally broke down in his arms, and he went to hug her, but didn't. This is a hug we are talking about, and in a moment where one is needed. You don't need to be neither a lover nor a friend to understand that at that moment, you should hug the other person to show affection and understanding. I don't care if he was going to hug her as her client, her friend, her neighbor, or some random dude on the street, it does not matter. What matters is that you hug them. She literally fell in your arms crying, it is a human reaction to want to hug her and show sympathy. This made me hella mad.

The rest of the episode moved along normally, apart from when he wanted to give her the tangerines or whatever he had in that bag. Again, he was broken in seconds and wasn't able to do anything.

Overall, apart from the fact that Kazuya has near-zero character development, the thing that infuriated me the most was how he wasn't there for Mizuhara and kept making excuses as to why. Sumi even pointed him to the right direction and he didn't understand it. What he failed to understand so miserably is that his relationship isn't that of two neighbors, it is that of two friends. He hesitated to do some of the most human things possible because he kept putting on this "neighbors" barrier around his every though when instead he should have been there as a friend. It doesn't take much thought to do something like this, yet the main character lacks that thought. The manga author really dragged this character out, and if it wasn't for my commitment issues, I would have dropped the anime from Season 1. To make such a hateable character takes some skill, so if that was truly the intention, then I take my hat off to the author.
Sep 30, 2023 4:12 AM

Mar 2022
So yea was a good season just I think I've hit my point where I cant take any more of the main character there were multiple points when I thought just fucking hug her for fuck sake you useless piece of garbage if a girl cries on you like that she wants to be hugged, urg its just really frustrating to watch now, its gone beyond him being cringe to the point I think they need to invent a new word or something. Urg not like me to rant lol. anyway I'm done enjoy the future seasons all those who continue.
Sep 30, 2023 4:23 AM

Dec 2016
I gave this garbage 2/10 because there are only few animes with this score in my list.
Sep 30, 2023 6:50 AM
Oct 2019
Chizuru crying was definitely the best moment of this episode and then it got ruined by the next scene Trash Kazuya whining in his room.
bruhh it's like he goes one step foward and then goes backwards three step.

How dare the author giving us one hope that things will goes the right direction for this one season.
we all know what's coming, it's everyone on Twitter a while ago, if you know you know.

6/10 just for Chizuru storyline.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE HUMAN GARBAGE KAZUYA.

don't know if i want to continue another season, but maybe i will watch just for that "scene".
Sep 30, 2023 6:50 AM
Nov 2019
mizuhara akhirnya menunjukkan ekspresi kesedihan dan kesepiannya dihadapan kazuya
My Candies :
Sep 30, 2023 7:11 AM

Jan 2017
Wow look nothing really changed even after this surprisingly good movie arc! Who would've thought???

Kazuya really needs to stop overthink things for his own sake, but I guess that's why this series has gone on for so long
Sep 30, 2023 7:56 AM
Feb 2018
Season 4 is definitely gonna happen. We’ll see…
Sep 30, 2023 8:18 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to daveedgzy06
IzanaSolos said:
Would've been a 10/10 season, but Mami just decided to show up didn't she..

On their date, under the night sky, Kazuya sees Chizuru tear up while holding sparklers. He ponders their rental dynamic and his own limitations. Memories flood in, prompting Kazuya to express his ideal girlfriend's traits: beauty, kindness, and honesty. He cherishes her vulnerability, even amid strength. Chizuru's tears flow, finding comfort in Kazuya's arms, her grandmother on her mind. Kazuya continues, entranced by her smile and charm, reiterating his admiration for her beauty, kindness, and sincerity.

Kazuya surprised everyone by speaking to her openly and sincerely. This is the right way to support someone in mourning: just be there for them, rather than attempting to uplift their spirits, as that's not how the grieving process works. His words deeply affected her, and as soon as he finished speaking, she felt a newfound trust in him and let her tears flow, mourning both her grandma and grandpa. It was a powerful moment. It felt oddly gratifying to hear Kazuya reaffirm his love for Chizuru, even though he expresses it almost every episode. Nevertheless, Chizuru continues to maintain her strong facade. As always, Kazuya tends to overanalyze things. Nonetheless, it's a relief that Chizuru has come to realize that it's healthier to express her emotions rather than bottle them up. I couldn't shake the feeling that the movie premiere was somewhat underwhelming. Yet, considering the intensity of the preceding episodes, it was probably a wise decision not to add more drama to the event.

Best season of Kanojo, Okarishimasu imo. It only gets worse from here though..

it doesn't the next season mami drops a 10/10 villain performance and they .....( no spoilers )but I promise next season is better
@daveedgzy06 Yeah, if they maintain this rate of adaptation (like 6 chapters per episode), we'll eventually reach the infamous pool scene.

Sep 30, 2023 8:41 AM

Aug 2020
looking forward to the next season!
Sep 30, 2023 8:52 AM

Mar 2014
utter waste of time!
Sep 30, 2023 9:22 AM
Apr 2020
finally mizuhara opens herself.
Sep 30, 2023 9:30 AM

Oct 2018
The QR code on Yaemori's t-shirt is a real one lol
it's the QR code of her seiyuu's TikTok
Sep 30, 2023 9:36 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to AkeZZZ
That was a great ending. Gladfully, Ruka did not ruin anything in this episode. Oh! Mami, you're still alive.
I scanned the QR code on Mini's t-shirt and it turned out to be Serizawa Yuu's Instagram. lol
@AkeZZZ Did that to lol, I mean the Xode was placed so obviously
Spiele_maus - Vocaloid, Anime & Manga Otaku

Hatsune Miku is my life! <3

Sep 30, 2023 9:38 AM

Jan 2018
It was definitely one of the 3rd seasons of all time
Sep 30, 2023 9:54 AM
Mar 2022
I'll explain it in 1 word which is " boring "
Sep 30, 2023 10:17 AM
Jul 2023
I’m not ready for Mami next season 😩
Sep 30, 2023 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
falko92 said:
@MaximoSilva There is no end, the manga is still ongoing and not even god knows how much will mangaka-san milk this.

bro I habe vor kurzen alle chapter durchgelesen es hat mich ao enttäuscht, weil das immer hin- und her ist. 6 Stunden hat es gedauert...
mizuhara muss mal jetzt seine gefühle Wahrnehmen
PURE Enttäuschtung ich dachte es gebe ein ende... bei chapter 300
¿Wann kommt chapter 301?
Sep 30, 2023 11:40 AM
Jun 2022
gonna miss chizuru chan, hope the next season arrives soon.
this season was the best out of the 3 seasons.
ik every anime has a fair share of haters and fans but come on the hate on this is quite sad, ig all the haters are a Chad in their life with impressive rizzz skills getting all them girls XD.
peace out :3

Sep 30, 2023 12:37 PM

Nov 2008
Mami-chan dipping for an entire season only to show up right at the end ready to stir the pot is so her.
Sep 30, 2023 1:04 PM

Feb 2016
BEST ARC OF KANOJO OKARISHIMASU
Sep 30, 2023 1:21 PM
Jan 2021
i can't-
mizuhara sobbing made me incredibly sad.
also i knew we'd see mami chan sometime this season, thank god she was only in the credits of the last episode.
Sep 30, 2023 1:47 PM

Aug 2022
the story focuses on my girl Chizuru.

then there is Mini the new character who supports my boy Kazuya. Love this chara.

and Ruka the girlfriend, a character who seems quite romantic with Kazuya at some moments. she's also a little crazy.

then is Sumi, she is still a rental girlfriend but she is quite a good character, typically shy and brave enough to make Kazuya nosebleed.

and finally Mami, there are rarely or even no important scenes in this third season, even though her character is quite popular, nooo, but next season who knows?
RafaBryanSep 30, 2023 7:00 PM
Sep 30, 2023 1:53 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to removed-user
falko92 said:
@MaximoSilva There is no end, the manga is still ongoing and not even god knows how much will mangaka-san milk this.

bro I habe vor kurzen alle chapter durchgelesen es hat mich ao enttäuscht, weil das immer hin- und her ist. 6 Stunden hat es gedauert...
mizuhara muss mal jetzt seine gefühle Wahrnehmen
PURE Enttäuschtung ich dachte es gebe ein ende... bei chapter 300
¿Wann kommt chapter 301?
@MaximoSilva Ich lese es auf Englisch
Sep 30, 2023 2:20 PM
May 2022
A great ending episode for a great series. Hoping for the 4th.
Sep 30, 2023 2:23 PM

Aug 2020
Oh this season was truly surprising. Glad to see my boy Kazuya acting in favor or Chizuru. Their moment before the date conclusion was amazing and emotional. In the end, all the girls show up for a brief peek at their routines and... Mami! Heh can't wait for the next season...

Sep 30, 2023 6:35 PM

Sep 2023
Great season! It’s gonna be a long wait now :(

I don’t understand why so many people go out of their way to watch 3 seasons of a show they hate and spend even more time to comment on every single episode. Why not watch something you like instead?

I know MC is annoyingly spineless but it’s the whole premise of the show. If Kazuya was a confident and assertive young man, he would not have rented a girlfriend and the show would be over immediately.

Also Mami-chan has not talked to MC for like a year but somehow is still interested in him?
Sep 30, 2023 7:13 PM
Jan 2022
man after all that he still has absolutely 0 confidence in himself, chizuru has 0 will to truly accept her own feelings, and now we've got a full reintro of all the girls

man already admitted he's in love, and basically said so to her. we should at least be past considering anyone else (or kinda but not really dating them... Ruka), and just playing the "build up confidence to ask her out" game.

when he didn't have his feelings sorted and couldn't accept them, that was one thing. but that's not the case anymore. it's high time to actually commit
Sep 30, 2023 7:15 PM
Sep 2023
didnt like the ending due to no date but mami was golden. 7 out of 10 overall, 9 out of 10 last few eps.
Sep 30, 2023 9:19 PM
Sep 2023
Even though this show always gets clowned on when it finishes, I thought this finish was good. Best of the 3 available seasons and a breathe of fresh air from other shows, even if it may feel be trash to some people.
Sep 30, 2023 10:17 PM
Jul 2023
boring + fuck mami + not enough sumi
Oct 1, 2023 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
Last two episodes were a let down and I had to lower my score form 10/10 to 9/10
first 9-10 episodes deserve a 10, but the thing that he didn't hug her, the thing that she don't take the lead knowing him and her feelings already and after how much he done for her not only the movie but previous episodes, like saving her life.. I rly dislike all that.. any normal girl would be dating a guy after what happened.. but then also he should rly break up with Ruka few episodes ago..

Maybe fourth season will finally get a 10 from me...

Yaemori is the MVP of this season, maybe he should date her ;d

I don't get that situation with Kibe, Mami and Nagomi...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 1, 2023 7:43 AM
Nov 2018
She cried 😭 well good ending let's see for how long they can drag this ROM com in next season's
Oct 1, 2023 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
How glad I am this season is over.
Oct 1, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2021
A true masterpiece as always.
Oct 1, 2023 9:50 AM
Nov 2016
a perfect ending to end the season. this season was great. waiting for season 4.
My Candies:
Oct 1, 2023 10:11 AM
Dec 2022
sad that the season finished. i want to watch more of it but let’s wait for the next season. probably in 2025
Oct 1, 2023 10:27 AM
Aug 2018
Chizuru is very strong and mc helped her quite a lot. I didn't expect that
Oct 1, 2023 11:33 AM

May 2021
That crying scene was pretty good. Could have gone a bit easy on the tears animation; kind of took me out a bit.

I'm surprised Mami didn't step in earlier and ruin the movie or somethin'. Seems exactly like something she would do. Though we do have the next season for that. Speaking of which, wouldn't it have been dope if the QR code on Yaemori's shirt led to a Twitter announcement of S4? Might have given it extra points just for that.

Oct 1, 2023 9:57 PM
May 2021
Did we just peak right?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

73 by Mrkid16_ »»
Today, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2023

90 by Mrkid16_ »»
Today, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2023

91 by Mrkid16_ »»
Yesterday, 1:08 AM

» Where's the fourth season? Why has there not been any announcement?

TsutanaiFuun - May 6

20 by GarixKun »»
May 12, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 7, 2023

164 by kibin233 »»
May 11, 12:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.