Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Happy Marriage (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 6, 2023 7:54 AM

Feb 2019
Ok but like the fact that Miyo’s only value to her literal grandfather is her supernatural ability is ridiculous. “Why didn’t you come for her?” “We didn’t know her ability would awaken”?? That’s your grandchild dude.

Her father didn’t protect her, her mother’s family didn’t protect her. Everyone is just obsessed with the Usuba’s ability rather than their own flesh and blood. Her mother is the only person who actually wanted Miyo to have a normal life hence her sealing her abilities.

A ton of Sakuga during Kiyo and Arata’s fight. Didn’t expect a fight of that quality in Watakon. Really cool seeing Kiyo go all out. The reveal that the usuba’s are meant to fight humans with abilities instead of grotesqueries explains why the emperor is so hell bent on getting them under his control. If you control the Usuba, you have an iron grip on the country. No one can stand up to you.

It’s a shame that Arata ruined a good deal by using a dirty trick like creating a Miyo illusion. We all know Kiyo won.

Hazuki as usual being the real MVP and not letting Kiyoka give up. No one said this marriage was going to be easy, you have to fight for your woman. Just like irl there’s constant trials and tribulations to go through that just make the marriage stronger. If you think about it, this series is just a fantastical version of in-laws from hell lol.

Looking forward to getting Sumi’s backstory next week. I can already tell it’ll be heartbreaking. Hopefully I can get around to the books by then as well.
Marinate1016Sep 6, 2023 8:32 AM
Sep 6, 2023 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Oh damn, this got serious for Miyo and she had to make a difficult choice again. It's too bad she can't live as a normal girl with those supernatural powers in her.

This episode had way more action than I had expected though. The show is reaching its climax soon so they're raising the stakes even more.
Sep 6, 2023 7:58 AM

May 2020
Can’t believe Kiyoka actually took Miyo to Usuba household of all places, though then again looking back to what degree those nightmares were haunting Miyo, it was kind of a reasonable choice. And then of course, the inevitable… the super handsome glasses dude turned out to be a member of the Usuba household, and someone related to Miyo.

But hey, we didn’t stop revelations right there. As I mean, the head of the family, who’s in turn the grandfather of Miyo revealed Miyo INDEED has supernatural abilities. The ability of dream sight/dream manipulation or anything along those lines. Also, must state this ability is OP as fuck, I mean they confirmed it themselves. Kind of ironic how people were treating her as dust not too long ago because she DID NOT HAVE any supernatural abilities and look now…

… people are competing in a shounen-esque one-on-one just so they could hold their rights over Miyo. Usuba(s) want her because of her powers and Kiyoka.. cause he genuinely cares. Kiyoka and Arata went bonkers over Miyo, but the end result being… Arata won however his means were, so that means Miyo has to stay at Ususba’s.. for the time being.

That one-on-one between Kiyoka and Arata looked FREAKING GOOD, I mean god bless the budget ig lol. Anyways, Kiyoka won’t leave Miyo’s side just like that. We know he’d come, but for the time being, let’s suffer with this glasses smh.

By the way, the dream ability is some Inception level lol. Understandable it was sealed off for this whole while by her mother.
Sep 6, 2023 8:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After all this time its nice to see Miyo meet her side of the family. But man i wish they were here for her when she was being bullied. The dual though really was something. The ursuba's had some great talent but this was matched evenly with Kudo's strong combat abilities. Arata sure managed to pull a fast one on us though. Hard to say whether the Ursuba's or the creepy emperor is the main villain here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2023 8:07 AM
Aug 2022
Man!! so much Action Scenes.
Miyo-San do have those supernatural Powers.
Ricky16Sep 6, 2023 8:45 AM
Sep 6, 2023 8:19 AM
Sep 2021
The fight between Kudo and Arata was good sad that kudo lost due to the tactfulness of arata and we are finally learning more of miyo's mothers past and miyo's abilities.
Sep 6, 2023 8:48 AM

Feb 2021
Kinda weird seeing a lot of clones talk while it sounds as if only one person is talking, but the clones are made of smoke so this makes sense. But then I saw the clones shooting... Yeah idk.
Daaamn the visuals are good though. I wish this would've been more popular.
Did Arata just teleport Kiyoka? Just how many different abilities does he have?
Miyo's ability is so insane it makes me worried. No wonder Sumi sealed it off.
Flashback time next week! Looking forward to it.
Sep 6, 2023 8:52 AM
Aug 2020
Miyo’s ability kinda reminds me of Christopher Nolan’s ‘Inception’, just a lot more powerful. Also, in terms of why Miyo’s mom would seal her powers away, I think it’s to protect Miyo
Sep 6, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2018
This might be the dumbest ep so far. And also the typical shoujo bs was hard to watch. The fight animation was good tho
Sep 6, 2023 9:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Tsubasavo
This might be the dumbest ep so far. And also the typical shoujo bs was hard to watch. The fight animation was good tho
@Tsubasavo Agree. It's turning into NTR the anime. I'm sorry, but Miyo is an idiot. These people didn't give a shit about her until she showed the gift. They let her rot and be treated as a slave. But by now she should know that no one but Kudo will make her truly happy. Her decision making is absurd.

All she had to do is say that she'd choose her fianceé and if they cannot help her without leaving her husband, then she doesn't want their help at all. Granted Kudo was too much of a jock to think clearly and help her walk away from this. It's obvious they're desperate to get their hands on that gift and would have to agree to her conditions.

I suppose the next episode might contain some info that explains why they have been so absent and carefree about Miyo but at this point it just feels silly.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2023 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
I've really been enjoying this anime but this was perhaps the most frustating episode so far. I can understand to a degree why Miyo said she didn't know what she wanted to do because she didn't want Kiyo to feel tied down but after the mention of a duel, she should have said something. Kiyo obviously loves her so much but it's sad that Miyo can't see it. Watching them duelling for her as well, I feel like at this point she should have had the courage to speak up against it before the end or at least say how hurtful it is her family are only now showing an interest in her after all she went through as a kid.

And then Kiyo decides to just leave her there while he deals with his work? Surely someone can take the lead while he saves her? Again I understood his point but he doesn't know the Usuba family and what they are planning to do with Miyo. I related a lot to his sister when she told him he was being an idiot and needs to realise the need to rescue her. I'm hoping they get some sort of a happy marriage before the end!
Sep 6, 2023 9:12 AM

Oct 2020
I don't trust her mother's "family", her mother is the only who loved her.
Sep 6, 2023 9:21 AM
Feb 2016
I feel more bad for kudo than miyo atp. Ik it's a process of her getting over her trauma so I'm not expecting it to be fast. But kudo got a tough job and is trying to do the best he can but it's just problem after problem. Ik it's a process but the way they make miyo express her feelings is frustrating, cause they still somehow make it kudos fault when something goes bad.
Sep 6, 2023 9:34 AM
Jul 2023
“He should’ve use Kudo clan secret technique”
Sep 6, 2023 9:42 AM

Mar 2020
A very well animated episode, especially in the fight scenes, Kiyoka just couldn't break through the illusions, including the dirty trick of a Miyo illusion. These characters really only care about abilities, and that seems to be all people are worth in this world, as Miyo wouldn't have even been noticed by her grandfather if she didn't have such an ability in Dream-Sight. Families in these types of shows always seem to be pretty scummy, with one caring parent in the entire show, like Sumi. Next episode seems to be a backstory for Sumi, and it should be a good one.
Sep 6, 2023 9:45 AM
Sep 2015
Hmmm the next episode is the flashback episode, and large zombie groups invade the town, I'm not sure if two episodes will be enough to resolve all of these problems without rushing.
Sep 6, 2023 9:49 AM

Apr 2021
OK, dropping here. This is really too goofy and predictable for me.
Sep 6, 2023 9:51 AM

Dec 2020
Miyo has really to suffer again to hear that her mother has sealed her ability to enter someone dream.
I hope kudo makes everything to take her back.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 6, 2023 9:52 AM
Dec 2021
Finally dropped it.

A romance battle shounen is a terrible idea LMAOO
Sep 6, 2023 9:54 AM
Mar 2022
Oh God just take me. This series & a sh*t MC has gotten too much annoying. I wish to break my own brain for watching this shit till now
Sep 6, 2023 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
I get it okay, I get how insecure Miyo is or how passive she is or how she sees herself as a burden and people don't change so easily but damn she pissed me off when she said she doesn't know, like girl for real? Also this just keeps getting more annoying/boring with all the bland drama.

Anyway with just two episodes left, I'm hoping this season doesn't end with a cliffhanger and we get to see Miyo and Kudo together at the end.
MegamiRemSep 20, 2023 11:46 AM
Sep 6, 2023 10:31 AM

May 2020
Waa, I didn't expect Arata to openly say he's an Usuba. Damn, he cheated and won against Kudo. I hate this guy.

Nice, beat some sense into Kiyoka, Hazuka.

They want to use Miyo's powers. But knowing Miyo, she'll never use it to brainwash or manipulate others. Either way, I don't like the grandfather-grandson pair. They let her suffer all this while, and want her back just because she's showing signs of power. Kiyoka was right and they do not have the right to hold her there.
Sep 6, 2023 10:39 AM

Jun 2020
in a world of magical powers bro still won with a blick
Sep 6, 2023 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
That bad feeling I had from last week, thinking that Kiyoka was walking into a trap was sadly true. =(

The duel between Kiyoka and Arata was well animated and close, but when it looked like Kiyoka had the winning move, Arata used a rather unhanded tactic of a false Miyo appearing in front of him to make Kiyoka hesitate, and thus with he sword knocked out of his hand from Arata's gun, he lost the fight in a frustrating way.

I'm glad that Hazuki was there later on to get Kiyoka's act together, with her bopping his head a few times to make sure that her words got through to him. For now, he's right to focus more on making sure that the Grotesquries don't get too out of hand, but he did promise Hazuki that he will go back and rescue Miyo without fail. Let's hope that is the case sooner than later.

As for Miyo, she was told in full detail about how powerful her Dream-sight ability is. Her grandfather then reveals that it was her mother, Sumi, that sealed off the full potential of that power, which sets up the next episode to focus heavily on Sumi and how she ended up being part of the Saimori Family. I do look forward to it, although the sooner that Kiyoka goes back there and rescues Miyo successfully, the better.
Sep 6, 2023 10:45 AM

Jun 2021
Miyo's supernatural ability is so powerful, and it was sealed for a good reason. The Usuba family are the worst. I hope she won't end up staying at that household for too long. Leaving that aside, I enjoyed the duel between Kiyoka and Arata. It was impressive.
Sep 6, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2021
JanWiller06 said:
I don't trust her mother's "family", her mother is the only who loved her.

They will probably only see her as a tool of sorts…
Sep 6, 2023 11:01 AM

Jan 2023
Phenomenal episode but the amount of information presented and the stakes being raised with both the Grotesquires and the Usubas makes me want to scream and rip my head off. (In a good way)

Not gonna type a long comment this time but I got a lot of thoughts after that episode.
:P
Sep 6, 2023 11:15 AM

Jan 2018
Arata is such an annoying character and the very reason why men are t... nevermind. I can't understand why Miyo just doesnt tell true her feelings, stop trying to self lamenting, all of this episode should be pointless if she would just speak up to be at Kudo side instead of overthinking for absolutely nothing.
Sep 6, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
We got so many information this time. I expected her powers to be this powerful, all she gotta do is take someone to sleep by using any means and then she brainwash that person with her ability, she can even dig up people's past hmmm. Unfortunate Kudo lost to him but that win was just cheap, im sure now when they have Miyo in custody, they'll help her control her powers then do all their dirty work for them
Sep 6, 2023 11:29 AM

Nov 2022
After seeing Kudo's lightning abilities I kinda wish there were an anime focusing mainly on lightning powers akin to something like the Infamous games or lightning bending in ATLA...
Sep 6, 2023 11:39 AM
Aug 2022
I swear just rename this show to my depressing marriage.
Sep 6, 2023 11:43 AM
Oct 2018
Yea... this episode made me decide to drop the series. Started off really strong but there is just too much damsel in distress and unspoken nonsense for my liking.

Pop Quiz.... choose one

The guy who accepts you in your sorriest state, without any knowledge of your powers, who constantly does the best he can for you given the circumstances, never asking for anything other than "tell me when you are hurting so I can help you"

or

Family who ditched you and ignored you your entire life.

"I don't know"

Ufff... Move along brother, huge red flag there, this one ain't worth the trouble.
Sep 6, 2023 11:47 AM

Mar 2014
Damn Kiyoka lost, he was this close though

I guess nextthe Usuba's will explain the truth of what happened withSumi and Miyo's ability
Sep 6, 2023 11:52 AM
Jul 2016
All this could have been solved if Miyo was honest and communicated her feelings. BUT at the same time, it's SO DAMN HARD to be honest and communicate your feelings. Especially if you're like Miyo, and got your ass beat everytime you breathed wrong.

But Kudo wanted Miyo for herself, not her supernatural abilities.

Also talk about bringing a knife to gun fight, Kudo. Sword expertise aside, the first weapons to be used in battle are always going to long range. Guns, archery, spears, even throwing rocks would have a lot safer than a goddamn sword.

At the same time, it's meant to be unfair. Especially if the Usuba abilities are meant to fight against users with supernatural abilities. You can't kill an illusion of your loved one. That's unfair.
Sep 6, 2023 12:04 PM

Dec 2021
Miyo has been really getting on my nerves this week. Come on, let's give Kiyoka some help; he's going through a lot of stress. Someone should look out for him too.

And the Usuba family acting like the good guys when they themselves admitted they only care about Miyo because her powers are awakening, that's just really amusing to me.

During their duel, Kiyoka didn't even use his powers initially, while his opponent resorted to some cheap tricks only after taking damage.

I couldn't quite understand this part, though. If Usuba's powers work on the mind, does it mean that only Kiyoka could see his tricks? Or did Miyo also see her clone and is still cooperating with them?

Sep 6, 2023 12:08 PM
𝙿𝙰𝙸𝙽

Feb 2023
This is the first time I’m upset with Miyo. They asked her what she wanted to do; stay with Lord Kudo for protection or stay with the Usubas to “help” her with her ability (which we all know it’s just them wanting to use her). She said she didn’t care which choice, yet when Kudo lost the duel, she is upset and wants him. Dummy said she didn’t care. She should have made it clear to stay with her husband-to-be for as much as he has done for her and was the first person to ever treat her with such care and love.
𝙸 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗 • u̲m̲a̲i̲ • レαmßεη† レïgh† • ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ꜰɪʀᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ • 𝟙𝟘𝟘𝟘-𝟟 • 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔩
𝙄'𝙇𝙇 𝙆𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙈 𝘼𝙇𝙇 • 𝒯𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒜𝑔𝑒𝓃𝓉 • 𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐔𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐚 • ᵖᵘʳᵖˡᵉ ʰᵒˡˡᵒʷ • ᖇIᑕEᗷᗩᒪᒪ

Sep 6, 2023 12:58 PM
Feb 2018
this episode made me so mad why can't Miyo see the Ubasa are trying to use her did she not ask herself why her mother ran from the family i hope Kudo kills both the ubasa and the emperor along with the crown prince it clear to me that they are working to get Ubasa blood or more ubasa blood into the imperial family if the crown princess foresight are an off shoot of ubasa bloodline abilities.

at this point I believe the emperor or the crown princess opened the grave to pull Kudo away and his follows orders i hope that bit at the end with the crown prince is him foreseeing Kudo upending thier plans
Sep 6, 2023 1:18 PM
Apr 2022
I know this is a necessary part of the story but they have gone about it in a very annoying way
Sep 6, 2023 1:21 PM

Jul 2019
At least the fight was quite interesting. I must admit even though Kudo is quite blind when comes to Mio, at least it seems he genuinely cares about her and her wellbeing, unlike everybody else.
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Sep 6, 2023 2:03 PM
Apr 2011
All parties involved in this episode acted like delusional morons. Viewers are the ones that suffer the most.
Sep 6, 2023 2:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh dear, just realized that this is already episode 10, only 2 more episodes to go. Even if we are left with a massive cliffhanger, I hope that we at least get SOME loose ends tied up.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 6, 2023 2:07 PM

Aug 2021
I'm mad as fuck. It's a good thing that we're finally finding out more about her mother and getting a reveal that she actually has abilities, but god damn, just let her live her life with Kudo. Of course they found interest in her only after finding out she has supernatural abilities and forcing her to stay with them.
Sep 6, 2023 2:44 PM
May 2022
Well, I always thought to myself that she must have some hidden power and here it is. I thought the power was dormant or buried under years of trauma due to her mistreatment, but apparently her mother hid them to protect her. To think Miyo´s life would be miserable no matter what, be it the Saimori´s or her actual family.
I hope Kudos eventually rescues her and puts an end to this persecution so they can have the Happy Marriage at last. I bet Miyo is going to think that Kudo doesn´t like her after all, considering that he went to work instead of trying to get her back. The brainwashing she´s being subjected by Arata on top of her self-blaiming is doing the trick.
Only two episodes left, I can´t wait to see where this goes. Not to mentioned the grotesqueries that are roaming about. Kudo is gonna have a lot on his plate.
Sep 6, 2023 2:48 PM
Mar 2022
Nah the Usuba family is SUS and I need Miyo back with Kudo ASAP!!!
Sep 6, 2023 2:55 PM
Mar 2022
Arata Usuba needs a slap 🥴
Sep 6, 2023 3:01 PM
Aug 2020
wow

this was just perfect

i can't wait to watch the next one

i was mad at her because she did not talk but i understand that it's not easy for her...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 6, 2023 3:20 PM

Jun 2019
WTF. Why are these guys overpowered? Kinda distracts me from the story.
Sep 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Jan 2023
Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon E10 mini Ribsview

+ Lots of background and explanation about Miyo's power
+ Some action packed combat with cool animation

Excited for the last couple episodes!

Score 10/10
Sep 6, 2023 4:55 PM

Apr 2007
This is my least favorite part in the series so far. I understand Kiyoka is very stressed from work, but he should know by now how timid Miyo is. So to take her response at face value is ridiculous. She only just began to heal from years of trauma

The anime also lacks the strong emotions from the novel which doesn't help much here. The action was neat though.
Sep 6, 2023 5:32 PM
Dec 2015
Terribly stupid series. Miyo acted like a complete idiot and once again created problems for herself, Kudo was too self-confident that he agreed to a duel, it was quite obvious that the Usuba family was behind the deterioration of Miyo from the very beginning.
2/5 because +1 point for a good fight.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

99 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

83 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

111 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

221 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZXEAN - Jun 3, 2023

280 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 22, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.