Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Poor village can't be at peace with it being in ruins.

Lol, was that some lucky break I see from the vending machine? 777 is a rather lucky number in this case. Anyways, I do like how the vending machine is able to brighten up the mood this episode more. 

Still trying to get used to the Director Beard in the show. He feels so over out place sometimes. 
Stark700Jul 19, 2023 7:28 AM
Jul 19, 2023 7:26 AM

Feb 2021
Lammis started speaking in Kansai dialect when she was drunk. Cute.
Hey they acknowledged the money problem! Nice.
There is really a vending machine for everything huh... That's kinda cool actually
Jul 19, 2023 7:32 AM

Feb 2020
Funny episode again. This is the only isekai I'm watching this season. I don't think I need another one besides this one.
Jul 19, 2023 7:32 AM
Mar 2021
they even selling condoms too😭😂😂 very nice
Jul 19, 2023 7:45 AM

Mar 2021
Great and funny episode love how Boxxo just immediately knew to start selling condoms and I really love the relationship between him and Lammis its so cute
Jul 19, 2023 7:54 AM
Jul 2020
This isekai is so unique I just love the vending machine idea. Its actually really cool and different I was worried it would be just like every other isekai and the vending machine would become a human after like 2 episodes but no it seems like theyre really leaning into the vending machine aspect and its just really cool.
Jul 19, 2023 8:05 AM

Jan 2023
Between making change, turning invisible and selling condoms... is there even something this vending machine cannot do? haha, fun episode as usual :)
Looking forward to next week!
Jul 19, 2023 8:39 AM
Apr 2023
Enjoyed this one the most so far because it concentrated more on goofy vending machine things.

The condom bit was different to the manga which was interesting too. In the manga, Boxxo is outside at night, and the same woman he calls "pretty" comes up to him and asks in a euphemistic way if he has anything to help avoid disease from sex. He then sells her some condoms, and she says she's sleep with him if he wasn't a metal box (so kinda weird). Think she was maybe (?) also a sex-worker unless I mis-remembered, so guess they changed it to be more educational and more family friendly (for condom selling anyway).
Jul 19, 2023 8:40 AM

Jul 2022
Another fun, novel episode. I'm enjoying this far more than I'd expected.
Jul 19, 2023 8:52 AM

Apr 2022
Regardless of it objectively not being all that good, it's so pleasant to watch it might unironically be my favourite anime of the season
Jul 19, 2023 8:55 AM
Sep 2015
This isekai world sucks since it has sexually transmitted diseases.
Jul 19, 2023 9:06 AM

Dec 2022
Good ep. We got some sentence mixing from Boxxo, condoms, a cloaking skill, more of that weird girl, and Gambling Addict Grandpa. Looks like next week, we'll be meeting Hulemy.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jul 19, 2023 9:25 AM

Dec 2022
so you are telling me he can give free items then it be profitable for him to give away give free food for 1 hour once every week it will help starvation problem also give people taste for his food it will keep them coming and one item per person at a time so someone wants buy two item they have to stand in line again
Jul 19, 2023 9:28 AM
Jul 2016
Only read the manga, which seems to have cut out, changed, and rearranged some content from the light novel.

No lottery scene either.
Jul 19, 2023 9:47 AM
May 2020
Not the worst of the season but I can see this getting old real fast.
Factions stealing Boxxo to control dungeon.
Boxxo changing into different machines to solve crisis.
Boxxo becoming metal android to ship and breed.
Might binge this later.
Jul 19, 2023 9:53 AM

May 2020
Bro the vending machine literally selling condoms 💀

Also be it cute or whatever, it's hilarious to see two girls.. mind you one being typical tsundere, fighting over our very own Boxxo the vending machine.
Jul 19, 2023 10:06 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This time around we got a lot more focus on Boxxo doing vending machine things, I’ll say tho that I wasn’t expecting him to sell condoms lol, but really that’s a great thing for the village. It was also funny seeing Shirley messing with the condom after she opened it lol, just something you don’t see often. And the bit in the bathhouse was pretty funny, mainly because of the conversation between the two furry characters lol, I guess if they behave similarly to real animals then that would be a conversation topic.

I also really liked when Boxxo rigged the lottery so that wholesome moment between that old guy and his granddaughter could play out, I know he didn’t outright say he rigged it but I think that’s what happened. And lastly the bit between Lammis and Suori was a good one, I got a kick out of Lammis being called “Lammaries” lol, and it definitely makes sense that folks would be interested in buying Boxxo, but I doubt Lammis will ever sell him off willingly.
Jul 19, 2023 10:21 AM

Dec 2021
Lammis has made impressive progress in understanding Boxxonese, which is quite amusing. Despite her newfound skills, she remains a genuinely nice person, and I'm happy that Boxxo has her as his partner.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Boxxo's latest addition to play the lotto in vending machines! I never expected to witness Boxxo transforming into a condom machine this week, but hey, he never fails to surprise us with his innovations. It's equally impressive and amusing.

Seems like Lammis has competition now, vying for Boxxo's attention. It's amusing how Suori went from being skeptical about Boxxo to wanting to acquire him to keep around.

Jul 19, 2023 10:32 AM
Apr 2020
I was not expecting the condom arc.
Jul 19, 2023 11:05 AM
Apr 2020
Boxxo is a saviour alright saving people from disease spread .
Very good episode they seem to go in detail around this village and it's residents looks like I'll eventually get attached to this world . Looking forward to next episode from the preview seems like that smug gilr will debut
Jul 19, 2023 11:28 AM
Feb 2022
Ahora también vende condones. Que gran servicio XD.
Jul 19, 2023 12:16 PM
Oct 2016
I don't know Japanese, but I could have sworn the little girl called Lammis "booby sister" instead of her name like the subs suggested...which Lammis told her to call her by her real name afterwards.
Jul 19, 2023 12:39 PM
Mar 2021
SUBLIME BEAUTY SQUARE

!!

!!

EVERY DAY, I AM AROUSED BY THE THOUGHT OF THE HEATED CUBOID THAT IS THE JIDOU HANBAIKI <3!

Jul 19, 2023 1:17 PM
Apr 2022
Boxxy is doing a evening there everything is free to buy, because of the city being in ruins after the attacks.
He will certainly have just attracted new customers with this, as is the case today..

Of course there is also a gambling addicted old man
Jul 19, 2023 1:31 PM
Jan 2022
Lammaries got me.
Jul 19, 2023 1:46 PM
Jul 2015
OK, it's boring af. Somewhat interesting premise, but after that it's all mediocrity, tropes and generic crap.
Jul 19, 2023 1:49 PM

Jan 2022
SHE DID NOT JUST WIN THE LOTTERY AND CHOOSE ~WATER~
Jul 19, 2023 2:06 PM
Feb 2018
i worried for Boxxo that noble girl and that thief both have eyes on him i hope he get a teleportation skill or maybe get tracks or wheels like that 7up machine made by Jaimie Hyneman or that KFC robot vending machine in Japan it also be nice if he could fire products at high speed also like that 7up machine made by Jamie Hyneman

Boxxo can sell condoms and underwear that hilarious  
Jul 19, 2023 2:13 PM

Feb 2019
This episode was cool because it touched on some of the social and economic factors of a new piece of technology, a vending machine, being introduced to a new world. This makes this show so much different than other isekai.

It was only a matter of time before some rich and powerful person, Suori in this case, tried to monopolise and take advantage of Boxxo’s ability. From the preview for next week’s ep looks like my suspicions are right and someone will kidnap boxxo. That’s gonna be fun

Bringing condoms to the new world was actually pretty funny. I’m surprised they caught on so quickly lol. I wonder what’re the limits to what boxxo can evolve to and sell.
Marinate1016Jul 19, 2023 2:16 PM
Jul 19, 2023 2:50 PM

Jun 2015
Ah humans and there diseases. Luckily the peeps in the entertainment district now are sorted :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 19, 2023 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
So we know the people in that world are quite messy with littering and they just throw the plastic to the ground but Boxxo can deal with it, now the question is what's going to happen with all the used condoms, and then we saw that Boxxo is indeed having an economic impact, so far removing from the market low denomination currency and who knows what could happen down the line but then what's different from him and and some rick fucks that hoard money, at least he is giving a product / service back.
Jul 19, 2023 5:06 PM
Mar 2023
A big drawer, teaching them that using condoms keeps them away from STIs and STDs. By the way, is Suori like a rich girl the mayor's daughter or something? it sounds like she's going to be a bit more important as a character as the episodes progress.
PS: "The monstrous busty" "Tetammis" XD
Jul 19, 2023 6:27 PM

Feb 2019
i wasn't expecting him to turn to a
lol
Jul 19, 2023 7:11 PM
Oct 2022
I can't decide if I want boxxo to gain a larger vocabulary or stay the way he is.
Jul 19, 2023 9:42 PM

Nov 2018
GooseHybrid said:
The condom bit was different to the manga which was interesting too. In the manga, Boxxo is outside at night, and the same woman he calls "pretty" comes up to him and asks in a euphemistic way if he has anything to help avoid disease from sex. He then sells her some condoms, and she says she's sleep with him if he wasn't a metal box (so kinda weird). Think she was maybe (?) also a sex-worker unless I mis-remembered, so guess they changed it to be more educational and more family friendly (for condom selling anyway).
I haven't read the manga, but what was in the ep was how Shirley was introduced in the LN. I believe it later mentions that she visits him at night to stock up from time to time after that, though (and yes, she runs the brothel).

I will say, I'm surprised they left the condom scene in, and disappointed that they cut out probably the best joke in the book

Also, it seems like we'll be done with the first volume of the LN next episode...are they gonna do all 3 volumes in one go?
MiaAyendeJul 19, 2023 9:45 PM
Jul 19, 2023 9:54 PM
Apr 2023
MiaAyende said:
GooseHybrid said:
I haven't read the manga, but what was in the ep was how Shirley was introduced in the LN. I believe it later mentions that she visits him at night to stock up from time to time after that, though (and yes, she runs the brothel).

I will say, I'm surprised they left the condom scene in, and disappointed that they cut out probably the best joke in the book

Also, it seems like we'll be done with the first volume of the LN next episode...are they gonna do all 3 volumes in one go?

Ah haha thanks that's interesting, and I like the quote 😆 The manga featured more large panel (basically adverts) for vending machine products. Like there would be someone holding a can of soup up to their mouth with a beaming smile while the label and packaging are very clearly displayed towards the reader.

It's the only manga I've read in several years, but I gave it a go since it seemed so funny and interesting (and felt kinda retro) to have product plugs like that.
Jul 19, 2023 11:43 PM

Jan 2022
welp, it was fun while it lasted, but, ehh, this show is kinda ridiculous. which is fine, but the logic that stems from it is even worse. Sucks, that the show has a great op song, but that's about it. Good luck to the rest of yall watching this show.
Jul 19, 2023 11:49 PM

Sep 2018
Lammaries, good nickname XD

Pretty enjoyable so far, I'm really liking this concept.
Jul 19, 2023 11:54 PM

Jan 2022
KanameYuuki said:
So we know the people in that world are quite messy with littering and they just throw the plastic to the ground but Boxxo can deal with it, now the question is what's going to happen with all the used condoms, and then we saw that Boxxo is indeed having an economic impact, so far removing from the market low denomination currency and who knows what could happen down the line but then what's different from him and and some rick fucks that hoard money, at least he is giving a product / service back.

Yeah, the subtext of the show is kinda dark if you think about it. They only mentioned the economic crisis so far, but the citizens' health can't be that great in terms of their diet. Plus, with how the show is starting to showcase people addicted to the box by gambling for free items or spending their pay on snacks. It's pretty f'd up as they gloss over it with light heart comedy. I'm starting to think those frog creatures were right all along.
Jul 20, 2023 12:14 AM
Nov 2022
More entertaining than the previous episodes.

I'm afraid this series takes itself too seriously, it doesn't have to have huge Lore to be fun.

The vending machine has brought the magic of condoms to a medieval world!!! 13th century Europe should be envious 🚬

It seems that the series will be calm and I like that, I hope it stays that way.
Jul 20, 2023 12:29 AM

Jun 2021
Wow... Boxxo has more functions installed on its machine.
Jul 20, 2023 1:25 AM

Mar 2008
Oh the irony of being able to distribute condoms and have no use for them yourself.
Jul 20, 2023 1:27 AM
May 2021
Vending machine selling condoms lmao 🤣
Jul 20, 2023 1:27 AM
May 2021
traed said:
Oh the irony of being able to distribute condoms and have no use for them yourself.

Bruhhh 💀💀😂. Poor Boxxo
Jul 20, 2023 1:58 AM
Jan 2019
Raistlarn said:
I don't know Japanese, but I could have sworn the little girl called Lammis "booby sister" instead of her name like the subs suggested...which Lammis told her to call her by her real name afterwards.
The subs weren't just her name, it was Lammaries (as in Mammaries). 
Jul 20, 2023 2:04 AM
Jan 2018
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite isekai anime of all time! ❤️ Lammis adorable!
Jul 20, 2023 3:49 AM
Apr 2013
EP 3

Not really sure what happened this ep, hmm. They probably swapped scenes, soo many times, probably 10 ish or more. The main thing I guess is the two girls, shirley and suori, but hard to tell just how involved they will be. Also the scene at the end with boxo invisible and lammis.

Preview for next time, looks like something is going to happen, but what? Hmmmmm. The irony is i was just randomly guessing it would happen, i mean it remains to be seen what actually happens, but you just knew they were going to try something, and they did vaguely hint something was going to happen.

Since he's technically a vending machine now I guess he doesnt need to rest or sleep, 24/7 nonstop, huh

EDIT: I find it funny the director bear...is literally listd as director bear on animelist.
Dont recognize suori's voice actor. Though given her appearance this ep I'm assuming she'll be recurring, at least in some point.

Scenes:

So counting it yeah its exactly 10 or so scenes, some longer, some shorter. Considering that the ep only runs for about 20-21 mins, thats average just about 2 ish mins each.
CocoaGalaxyJul 20, 2023 3:59 AM
Jul 20, 2023 5:39 AM
Feb 2020
Nahh they going too far on this one
Jul 20, 2023 6:34 AM
Sep 2021
Boxxo is really versatile and he helped a lot tot the people. So far this series is interesting and the story didn't fall out.
Jul 20, 2023 7:57 AM
Dec 2022
It's nice Boxxo's getting more customers and got an exhange of gold coins, jackpot! But that thief looking at him worries me. That moment with Shirley and the "Hygiene care" products really surprised me😅, I never thought a fantasy world would need stuff like that.

It seems that Suori has an interest in Boxxo and want him for herself, but Lammis won't allow that. It was so sweet of Lammis to understand Boxxo more than anyone, and that she thinks he's more like a human (Technically he is human, just has the body of a vending machine).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2023

98 by adamerling »»
Jun 10, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

55 by ST63LTH »»
May 3, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

51 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2023

40 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

39 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 12:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.