Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Even though it's a play, Sousuke displayed quite a bit of personality that I find kinda amusing to watch.

But damn, for a series' finale, this one had a lot of emotions on the final cultural day. Mostly comes from Sousuke's mother and Ririka...of all people. Anyways, I do think the finale was slightly strange but still had a decent degree of realism and drama. Underrated gem of the season imo. 
Stark700Jun 20, 2023 9:10 AM
Jun 20, 2023 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
For the first time, Mitsumi meets Shima's childhood friend Ririko, dressed to the nines and confronting his mother, of all the coincidence of times.

While Shima takes care of his kid brother Keiri, both his and Mukai's middle school classmates pay them a visit, and his secret as a child actor is no longer a secret with them,  except for the current self in high school. that Ririka forced his mother to only see him for the while and leave. Mitsumi to the save when Ririko gets hard on Shima, like a lesser anteater in its intimidation pose, and she's really living the life of being able to understand Shima and simultaneously prepare for the last performance. Chris's advice of Shima acting again for her sake, the latter can only ask himself if it's really for his own sake, or for others to do things that he wants to do. Even what he wanted to tell Kanechika-senpai, he feels the jealousy of wanting to live an enriched life like Mitsumi's. And despite the play ending well amidst Shima forgetting his lines, he decides that enough is enough, and draws the line between him and Ririko by just enjoying school as it is in his current state of mind, moving on from their past ordeal.

But Ririko, bewildered at what Shima told her, couldn't believe the figure of "like mother, like son", and leaves with discontentment that she led him down the wrong path, leading Shima to be guilt-tripped and trapped by her whims, whereas someone like Mitsumi was his much-needed cloud of release. As the school festival winds down with everyone having had their share of fun, including the student council president Kazakami comforting Takamine even if he stole the much-desired position from her. Awards are given out as the post-celebrations start, and while Mitsumi has more student council work to finish up, deep down in Shima's heart, Mitsumi has been the breath of fresh air to him, and that childish smile of his to her reflects that.

What a show Skip and Loafer was. Would've loved to see a Season 2 if it's possible!
KANLen09Jun 20, 2023 9:15 AM
Jun 20, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2010
Ririka-related bomb failed to explode. It's not anime team's fault, but it was kind of flat finale for a season.
Jun 20, 2023 7:42 AM

Apr 2020
I expected more from a show with that high of a score.
I found the characters very cliché and forgettable. Only really liked Shima.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 20, 2023 8:11 AM

Jun 2019
Very adorable characters imo. I loved all of them even the ones I disliked in the beginning, I ended up liking them as well. Mitsumi is the most adorable of them all. And, you just want to protect her all the time. This episode had quite a lot of drama from my perspective which was pretty good for the most part. I felt the emotions from them in this episode. I enjoyed the final episode.

But, overall a very enjoyable show. I loved it very much. Would love to have another season of Skip to Loafer.
Jun 20, 2023 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like the festival ended well in the end even if it wasn't what some wanted with Sousuke's friends and family and all.
It's sad that his mother left tho.
Anyway things worked out in the end but that also means the anime came to an end which is also sad since i really enjoyed watching it.
But all things come to an end.
Jun 20, 2023 8:35 AM

Mar 2021
It was sad to see Shima's mom be verbally attacked and leave before he could perform in the play but it was great to see Mitsumi get in Ririko's way and protect Shima from her manipulation. I really enjoyed this series and really hope we get a second season
Jun 20, 2023 8:42 AM
Mar 2018
Loved this show so fucking much, idc what anyone says, it's everything I love in a show, easy 10/10
Jun 20, 2023 8:58 AM
Nov 2020
i’m actually going to throw up 😭😭 it was so good they did the manga so much justice i love the new era of slice of life’s coming out! if you guys really enjoyed this i highly recommend watching a bouquet for an ugly girl’s anime when it comes out!!!
Jun 20, 2023 9:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ririka's just so confrontational. Im glad that Shima was able to tell her his heartfelt opinion of his views of school though. Though they can't erase the past its still a good first step. Honestly if they were open with each other then things would be so much easier for both. Im glad that in the end that the festival was completed successfully. The prez's direct nature can be endearing just as much as it can be annoying as well thats for sure. Seeing everything left after the event ended really serves to make it even more memorable to those that took part in it. Overall an excellent finale that managed to end the series on a high note and create a treasured memory for Mitsumi and her friends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2023 9:04 AM

Oct 2016
the whole Ririka drama really soured the experience for me, it was always weak and came to a "ok" conclusion
5/10, and wont return if there's a second season

before they presented Ririka it was a 8/10 and tbh, Shima's character could have grown in exactly the same way without her existing
Jun 20, 2023 9:07 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
great anteater pose.

this show was so damn good, i really hope it gets continued in anime form, if not, i might actually go to the source on this one.

Jul 2021
8/10 really a lovely series, Mitsumi was such a vibe
hopefully the next PA works Show is as good as this. Also opening of the year so far
Also found this censorship funny
Aug 2020
It was great, Shima kun is evolving
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 20, 2023 9:08 AM

Dec 2013
PA Works adapted those last two chapters so well! Hoping for a second season.
ZER0PT said:
I expected more from a show with that high of a score.
I found the characters very cliché and forgettable. Only really liked Shima.
6/10

All the characters gets explored more in the manga after this episode, so if there isn’t a second season, I recommend reading the manga if you think they’re a bit boring and cliche.
Jun 20, 2023 9:09 AM

Feb 2021
It was so sad to see Shima's mom leaving... DAMN YOU RIRIKA
Mitsumi is a national treasure
So Ririka actually kinda sorta realizes her wrongdoings. Doesn't excuse anything she did though, but it makes her a more interesting character. Actually now I'm looking forward to seeing her more in the manga as I'm gonna hop into it.
There is a word that perfectly describes this anime: Precious. This was so wholesome man, all the character interactions and progression and stuff.
Can't forget the OP and ED, they are so upbeat it just... make me happy.
A season 2 of this would be a godsend. P.A. Works are on a roll!
10/10

Btw did you know that this is a seinen?
EmbientJun 20, 2023 9:26 AM
Jun 20, 2023 9:13 AM

Nov 2016
From OP to character acting, chemistry, Skip to Loafer is my AOTS. It's simply adorable how earnes Mitsumi is in everything she does, most prominently in how she wants to be a friend :) I love that.

9/10 P.A. on a W streak
FMmatronJun 21, 2023 8:15 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2023 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
Shima looks so much happier now. Mitsumi has such a positive effect on her friends. She is like that autumn sky at the end, bright and dazzling. What a blast this has been.
Jun 20, 2023 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
Gonna miss this, hope for a second season, does P.A. Works even do those? Anyway the main duo and side characters felt really well written to me and the way the drama was handled is very refreshing to see.
Jun 20, 2023 9:15 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I think i can pinpoint the halfway mark. After episode 6, Skip couldn't hit the enormous heights it set anymore, it's still a really good show though. 

Just sad that it didn't have a better second half. 
Jun 20, 2023 9:18 AM

Oct 2017
It sucks that Shima's mother left without watching his play. Shima's finally free from Ririka. Ririka's realisation was great, I like her character. She's quite interesting and I'm looking forward to her character growth. Btw that middle finger scene was hilarious. Takamine and Kazakami interactions were nice. I get the feeling they'll end up together at some point. Mitsumi and Shima scene at the end was cute.

Pretty good anime overall, s2?
MegamiRemJun 20, 2023 8:39 PM
Jun 20, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2015
I went into this show blind and now I’m coming out with a new fave, I’m obsessed with the series and can’t wait to pick up the manga. Best of the spring season imo.
Jun 20, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2021
honestly really enjoyed this show. gonna miss it. was a nice wholesome watch. tbh 7/10
Jun 20, 2023 9:30 AM
Sep 2021
Great journey enjoyed it, every episode had something to offer, it was a good show to watch on stressful days and days when you are feeling down.
Jun 20, 2023 9:36 AM

May 2020
I swear a minute more with Ririka and that would've soured this whole finale for me. But thankfully she left, and had a kind of reflection as well. Though that still doesn't change my opinion of her but okay.

Shima speaking his mind and finally coming in terms with few things was the highlight. And yes I'm sure Mitsumi realized that as well, I mean who wouldn't after witnessing the sight of such cheerful smile.

There were lows, but hey the highs nullified those for the most part. So a worthy experience. Hope we see a season 2 someday.
Jun 20, 2023 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
8/10
Favorite show from this season
Jun 20, 2023 9:43 AM
Oct 2016
I'm beyond glad that everything worked out in the end. With the only downside being that Shima mom left before she could see him perform. Ririka spit her venom and laid another guilt trip to make his mom feel guilty for him acting in this play. I wish she could've seen him perform, but with where his headspace was later during the last performance maybe that's for the best. Shima started going into something that's very personal for me too, that sour feeling of envy seeing people around you succeed and have purpose while you don't even know what you want to do or who you are. How the anxiety just builds and you don't know what to do or how to find a goal. I cried a lot during his entire thought process about what he wants and who he really is. Mitsumi is inspiring him now though, which is so sweet. They're development throughout this show has been spectacular. How close they've gotten since being late to the first day of school, to now wanting to protect each other. Mitsumi doing her pose in between Ririka and Shima was adorable. She could see what was happening made Shima upset. He did tell Ririka off very well saying that he won't let her be so destructive anymore but still be there for support. Everyone did great to make the festival a success. I cried some more as they all said thank you and how happy it made them. Shima calling out to Mitsumi so he could see her inspired face one more time is the perfect way to end this show. An extremely wholesome story about growing up and finding your place in the world.
88/100
Jun 20, 2023 9:45 AM
May 2021
It doesn't feel like it's over. Really, it feels like it is just getting started. But even if there isn't a second season it just feels right the season ended on this point.
Jun 20, 2023 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
Ririka is insecure, narcissistic, cowardly and vindictive. She still blames Souske for something that she even knows herself is her fault, can't bear seeing him not being as miserable as she is and thinks, that whole world must come to a screeching halt if something upsets her.
She is a perfect representation of an average Twitterian lol.

Jun 20, 2023 9:51 AM
Oct 2021
so shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Jun 20, 2023 9:51 AM

Feb 2019
Very easy 10/10.

One of the most accurate depictions of high school and the teenaged experience that I’ve ever seen. The characters all act like real high schoolers, the voice acting is natural and the slice of life moments were great.

Been looking for something to fill that Kimi ni todoke void and this did it.

Insecurity is one of the biggest things young people struggle with and this show just gets it. Made all of these characters feel so alive and genuine.

Romance aspect feels organic and unforced. It’s a slow burn that starts with a genuine friendship and admiration as all healthy relationships should strive for.

I’m gonna miss this one a lot.

P.S. I know she’s toxic as fuck but I love emotionally unstable women and I could save ririka 😩. So hot.

Jun 20, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 2021
After finishing this show, ill give it 6.61/10. This was kinda heartwarming and boring at same. The second mc shima was so boring, it felt like author didnt even try to make him unique. The drama behind shima past made me piss off bc i do not care about about his past, all i Want to see is progression between shima and the main character which they did very little. That mainly the reason why i didnt like this as much other pa work show, other than that everthing was perfect. The music and art were perfect. I hope there a season 2, bc this felt it was the first page of something much bigger.
HaigenJun 20, 2023 9:55 AM
Jun 20, 2023 9:54 AM

Mar 2020
I did find the closure around Ririka and Sousuke a bit underwhelming, but nothing that soured the enjoyment from me, as the rest of the episode was quite fun to watch, and it looks like a big burden has been lifted off Sousuke's shoulders, so much that he feels as giddy as a kid again.

What a fantastic high school drama series that had a lot of heart put in to it, especially in how well written the characters were. It was a very grounded story filled with realism and left me with a smile almost every episode. Definitely one of the best shows that this season had to offer.

9/10.
Jun 20, 2023 9:59 AM

Feb 2023
We have been blessed with a whimsical, vast, and vivid spring show! 8/10

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Jun 20, 2023 9:59 AM

Dec 2022
well i have a good grasp on shimas situation and yes i want to watch more to be honest this only feels like the beginning
Jun 20, 2023 10:00 AM
May 2021
Screaming crying throwing up (I love my daughter)
Jun 20, 2023 10:05 AM
Aug 2017
Being now a manga reader of this work...the final was well adapted. I never understood what Ririka's point in the story was tbh. Shima could've gotten this development through his mom or iin a different way. We never even find out  why Ririka was so pissy to begin with. That being said, It was a cute and heart warming anime. Ironically tho, I think reading the manga soured my affection for this show. 8/10 from me.
Jun 20, 2023 10:13 AM

Oct 2017
I expected a show more focus on romance. The plot at the end was quite a messy
Jun 20, 2023 10:14 AM
Mar 2023
I would like to see the face of all those who criticized the fact that Ririka has been classified as the "bad" in the story, seeing the attitude she had with Shima and Mitsumi, justifying her with the fact that he is the one who ruined her career and childhood for taking her to that party, when they saw that in reality SHE went of her own free will despite the fact that he told her NOT to go and she still blamed him. A manipulative and toxic character in his splendor, luckily Shima made it clear to him the position that he was going to adopt from that moment on no matter what she wants, because seeing the relief on his face, it was totally worth it, he even treated Shima's mother badly so that she couldn't enjoy the festival together with his little brother, when she has nothing to do with the relationship he has with his mother, and exposing his past as an actor that he clearly did not want it was known, simply despicable. Now, leaving aside the previous topic, how nice it is to see the relationship that is beginning to form between Mitsumi and Shima, where the latter finally allows himself to enjoy his life and relationships without thinking about the negative opinion of the rest and Mitsumi finally accept their feelings. We can only pray that P.A Works considers making it a second season, since they usually do not usually work with sequels :/
Jun 20, 2023 10:14 AM

Jan 2019
Bit of a messy, inconclusive ending, as is often the case with romance anime. Mitsumi's Anteater defense was funny though.

Jun 20, 2023 10:15 AM
Sep 2019
waaahhh :"(( i'll miss tuning in every week
Jun 20, 2023 10:20 AM

Aug 2019
I'm going to miss this show so much. Season 2 or we riot! Please make it possible!
Jun 20, 2023 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
Good ending I mean I do expect something more dramatic happened but nevertheless I enjoyed it very much, this is truly a hidden gem
Jun 20, 2023 10:44 AM

May 2020
Marinate1016 said:
P.S. I know she’s toxic as fuck but I love emotionally unstable women and I could save ririka 😩. So hot.
Well said and i sort of agree :)
Jun 20, 2023 10:53 AM
Dec 2021
Good stuff as always
Jun 20, 2023 11:00 AM

Jul 2022
I wouldn't say that is a breakup, but finis horribilis.

Jun 20, 2023 11:03 AM

Apr 2021
Is the competition in this genre so weak that we think this is outstanding? 
It's simple, down to earth and realistic without having any forced drama. That's good, but it hasn't anything special either to make me remember it in the near future. 
Jun 20, 2023 11:11 AM
Jan 2021
I loved this series. I watched it weekly and everything about it was perfection!
Jun 20, 2023 11:14 AM
Dec 2022
Oh man. This was truly beautiful. I was always looking forward to every episode each week. The characters put a smile on my face and the show carried me along with it. I felt like Sousuke was just like me. I was thinking it was 13 episodes. Didn't know it was 12. Truly amazing. I don't want this to to end here. I need a second season. This show is just too fantabulous. Give a rating? 8.9/10 for me. Thumbs up.🤝🏾❤️
Jun 20, 2023 11:27 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This series was so wholesome as well as deep in character relationships. It didn't leave stones unturned when it came to making each one express how or why they feel a certain way and in doing so the mature view into it made it that more emphatizable. I don't really think that the series had any peak moments from the adaptations, but it was consistently good from moment one and I was immersed from the get-go. With clean and swift animation without much contrast as well as a soundtrack that features trumpets and xilophones along with both good opening and ending sequences, the presentation delievered.

I'm hoping a season 2 is announced since from what I've heard this has barely scratched the surface.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

118 by KenesuEXE »»
Apr 9, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2023

104 by midflame »»
Mar 25, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

245 by Leah_Sama »»
Mar 16, 9:15 AM

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

20 by thermoquasi »»
Mar 9, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

209 by midflame »»
Mar 9, 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.