Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 13, 2023 2:57 PM

May 2021
The sister made this a bit more bearable but yet falls so short, at least there is only 2 episodes left, 2.8/10.
Jun 13, 2023 4:06 PM
Aug 2020
A-Mux said:
otakuweek said:

I was going to do the same comment, the made too many bad decisions.

They killed the mother of Nakami, so no S2???

I don’t get it, the anime is not bad but the manga is better than that…

Nakami's Dad clearly stated that she left, wtf are you on about

Décédé in french is died in english…

I’m not the one who do the translation, i go check the english subtiles…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 13, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2020
A-Mux said:
otakuweek said:

I was going to do the same comment, the made too many bad decisions.

They killed the mother of Nakami, so no S2???

I don’t get it, the anime is not bad but the manga is better than that…

Nakami's Dad clearly stated that she left, wtf are you on about

That’s why it was strange when i saw that they said that she died…

Thx to u, i will stop watching it with french sub…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 13, 2023 4:29 PM

Dec 2019
Shiromaru is so adorable!! <3 can't express how grateful I am for LIDENFILMS to do justice to such a good manga, unlike a certain someone else
Jun 13, 2023 4:35 PM

May 2015
-Xenophon- said:
The sister made this a bit more bearable but yet falls so short, at least there is only 2 episodes left, 2.8/10.

Dude you gave Vinland Saga a 10, and your next highest rated shows are Demon Slayer and Mob Psycho, why are you even watching this to begin with?
Jun 13, 2023 5:34 PM

Jul 2017
Watched this pretty late but another good episode as a whole. I didn't think the changes were too bad here, the way the manga is structured flows differently than the anime, which is not the easiest to replicate smoothly. Lots of nice moments here as a whole, especially with exploring just a tease of Isaki and Ganta's characters from when they were younger too.
Jun 13, 2023 5:51 PM
May 2022
billybub said:
-Xenophon- said:

Dude you gave Vinland Saga a 10, and your next highest rated shows are Demon Slayer and Mob Psycho, why are you even watching this to begin with?

Don’t feed the troll. He’s been doing this since episode 1.
Jun 13, 2023 10:55 PM
Aug 2021
The cherry blossom scene reminded me of the "Spring will be hear soon, the season I met you" scene from Your lie in April. I hope this series doesn't end like Your lie in April.
Jun 14, 2023 12:19 AM

Aug 2017
Hmm I'd rather go for the older sister or gray haired senpai than the ill girl.

So that explains why Isaki isn't the hot babe type.

As for me I would like Isaki to perish in the end.
Jun 15, 2023 2:36 PM
Mar 2023
Beautiful chapter, we wait for the outcome of the next one, it seems that interesting things are coming
Jun 15, 2023 6:11 PM
Mar 2019
Am I the only one smiling ear-to ear with the 'passing of the torch?' hihi
Jun 16, 2023 1:18 PM

Nov 2017
Oneechan is dope fr
Jun 16, 2023 3:25 PM

Jul 2016
Isaki's sister can honestly go fuck herself. One thing is to not give special treatment to your sibling with a health condition to not make her feel inferior but another one is to constantly bother her, treat her indifferently all her childhood and wish she wasn't born. The supposed older sister was just jealous because of the lack of attention and she still has the nerve to take pride in the way she has treated her younger sister smh. Truly an adult that never grew up given her mindset and overall behaviour.
Jun 17, 2023 8:48 AM

Mar 2017
Genta's cooking skills were real in this episode. Single handedly carrying all their stomachs
Jun 17, 2023 2:09 PM

Aug 2008
I am really hoping that Isaki's past heart problems are just that: in the past.  If this show/manga pulls a Your Lie in April or even just has her get sick again I will be annoyed, keep that as past baggage and not drag into the present.  Can get plenty of relationship drama without that.  I do appreciate the budding romance as I freely admit that the photography/astronomy does not interest me nearly as much.  Club activities are just so meh in anime usually.
gswelcomeJun 22, 2023 1:51 PM
Jun 18, 2023 5:23 PM

Sep 2021
Another episode that was suprisingly good! The scenery was so beautiful, the sister was funny and I love to see some backstory. Although I'd prefer Ganta's, Isaki will do for now.

Oh, and I don't want to raise any flags, but it feels like Isaki will collapse on Ganta during that trip... I hope I'm wrong.
Jun 19, 2023 8:55 PM

Mar 2007
Ohoh, the sister is leaving them alone, what a good wing-woman.

Can't wait to see the next episode.
Jun 20, 2023 3:54 PM

Jul 2022
0k i gueSs itS tImE f0R ttHem to PuTT tHe 's3x' 0N eaCh OtHer?
Jun 22, 2023 10:47 AM

May 2015
SouthRzVa said:
Isaki's sister can honestly go fuck herself. One thing is to not give special treatment to your sibling with a health condition to not make her feel inferior but another one is to constantly bother her, treat her indifferently all her childhood and wish she wasn't born. The supposed older sister was just jealous because of the lack of attention and she still has the nerve to take pride in the way she has treated her younger sister smh. Truly an adult that never grew up given her mindset and overall behaviour.

Comprehension isn't your strong point is it
Jun 22, 2023 10:55 AM

May 2015
gswelcome said:
I am really hoping that Isaki's past heart problems are just that: in the past.  If this show/manga pulls a Your Lie in April or even just has her get sick again I will be annoyed, keep that as possible baggage and not drag into the present.  Can get plenty of relationship drama without that.  I do appreciate the budding romance as I freely admit that the photography/astronomy does not interest me nearly as much.  Club activities are just so meh in anime usually.

Jun 22, 2023 12:34 PM

Jul 2016
billybub said:
SouthRzVa said:

Comprehension isn't your strong point is it
I think it's pretty good. Not my problem that people can only see characters on a superficial level.
Jun 22, 2023 3:20 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like this spot that they've gone too is going to get them some amazing photos!
The sister didn't really cause any trouble, pretty much helped out in the end.
Jun 25, 2023 7:30 AM
Jan 2021
Noto is very deep Japan.

Every Japanese elementary schools have Sports day once a year and almost all of them have short track races ( 50m ) as one of program. I was a fast guy in my kids age so that when i taken 1st place in the race among 6 kids, i was proud. Several yeas ago, a certain topic became hot in Japan. It was that some of school requests children to finish the race with holding hands with each other kids because school hopes to make no difference of superior or inferior among kids. It was a thing that make us wondering/discussing this kind of race in school events.

This episode of Houkago Insomnia recalls me this topic. Isaki crying is a kind of heart-wrenching for me.
Jun 25, 2023 4:28 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I wasn't sure what to think of Magari's sister but this episode really helped me form a very positive opinion of her, she's a cool one.
Jun 30, 2023 7:00 AM
May 2023
Good episode. We learn more about Isaki and her backstory
Jun 30, 2023 7:03 AM
May 2023
-Xenophon- said:
Maybe romance shows aren't for you 💀
Jul 3, 2023 3:08 AM

Dec 2021
I'm going to get a bit personal with this comment. Sorry if it's too weird or anything, and feel free to scroll past it if you don't want to see me get on my soapbox right now.

I understand Haya. Like, that was basically me growing up.

Let me explain: I have an older brother with Fragile X and epilepsy. Like, really bad Fragile X and epilepsy. Due to this, he grew up severely disabled, and for a lot of my early childhood he was constantly in and out of the hospital every week. It caused me to have an extremely warped view of seizures, thinking they were no big deal and the same as the common cold, when really they were severe and my brother could very easily have died.

But because of Fragile X, he wasn't just physically disabled, he was mentally disabled too. So I grew up feeling like an only child, seeing my other sibling as someone similar to a ghost, where he wouldn't understand anything I tried to tell him beside the basic "turn down your tablet" and I wouldn't understand him. I'd never really know how he felt about me, never understand what people said about siblings bickering. I never really got a real relationship with my brother, because there was never a way for us to have one.

It's slightly better now. I still don't think he really understands me, but I'm trying to understand him. We've stopped fighting, mostly. I just wish I could talk to him normally, tell him about who I really am, the things I've discovered about myself...have him meet my friends.

So, while yes, I did see Haya as a bit of a bitch in the last few episodes, I don't anymore. Because that was, and still kind of is, me.

...Thanks for sticking around to read this.
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
Jul 3, 2023 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
I guess I shouldn't feel pity for smol Magari, she's stronger than that..but I couldn't help myself lol

When tough love is desireable. W sister.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2023 9:20 AM

Dec 2022
Another great episode
Jul 13, 2023 10:56 AM
Aug 2020
This was the first episode that actually made me feel something, so I guess I'll finish this. I'm really not impressed though. Feels like yet another overhyped anime to me, or is the adaptation simply not that good?
Jul 23, 2023 5:28 AM

Jun 2020
Her sister is way cooler than I thought she would be, probably the most interesting character in the whole show. It’s a shame she dipped out so quickly.

If I was in Nakamis position though, her sisters words would really change up the way I saw Isaki, not in a good way
Aug 6, 2023 10:56 PM
Aug 2023
what are the responsibilities did I inherited ? superrrrrr nakamicchi.
Nov 17, 2023 3:54 PM

Mar 2018
Did Kani just insinuate cocaine at 9:00???? lmao
Feb 8, 10:06 PM
Dec 2022
same as usual how I loved other anime
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Aug 2016
Gah this show is too cute, each episode I come away with a big dumb grin plastered across my face

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» English Dub???

ANIk_003 - May 14

14 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2023

104 by winsonkeren »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.