Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Feb 28, 2020 3:38 PM

Feb 2019
Why is everyone's backstory so depressing?

Also, I'm glad that there's respect between the Battlefront and Kanade (Angel), but the twist at the end with a duplicate Angel is just ridiculously cliche.

One thing I do have an issue with is the constant search for food tokens. I mean, why should I care if they get to eat or not? I'm here for quality content, not these "important" missions.
Unusual_KmcFeb 28, 2020 4:35 PM
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 27, 2020 11:01 PM

Jan 2014
lol he used to have such gross long hair. glad it's short now

i've given up trying to understand this anime. it makes so little sense... at least it is entertaining!
Mar 30, 2020 1:25 AM

Sep 2018
God!!!!!! This episode makes me so sad :( I feel sad for the younger sister. Otonashi have it so hard :( where's their parents??!

Why???!!!!!! When he find his purpose already, he died :(

This anime starting to grow on me.. I love the characters and their stupidity xD
Tachibana seems like the younger sister ❤️
Another tenshi???!!!!
Apr 28, 2020 12:17 PM
Sep 2018
I very loved to the the past of Yuzuru, and wtf is this end ? xd
Jun 14, 2020 5:05 PM

May 2015
#KanadeBestGirl

God I love her so much. I want to give her so many headpats she's too cute!!

But here comes evil Kanade to fuck shit up.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2020 6:06 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
background story of mc was also kinda sad but most importantly WHAT WHY ARE THERE TWO O.o

Nov 2, 2020 8:10 PM

Jan 2017
Splendid episode, I love both halves of it.

Otonashi's past is really bittersweet, he found his purpose in life after being depressed for so long only for fate to say "nope" in the end. (also lmao Naoi treating Otonashi as his "big bro" or something like that)

and awww Kanade's slowly getting absorbed into the gang..though her personalities get split when she used the cloning technique?

Dec 8, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2018
wtf kanade version 2
Jan 1, 2021 6:50 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Eye-opening backstory for Otonashi, see? The show can be much better if everybody just chilled out and acted as if it's a casual Slice of Life show, no need for the overloaded gory cringy half-aced comedy.
Jan 21, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2017
Otonashi past is quite cruel like most characters of the show. I don't like this new character suddenly being in his team after the last episode. A bit rushed.

But I'm glad we know more about Otonashi. WTF that ending.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 2, 2021 3:19 PM
Jul 2019
Congrats on killing your sister, Otonashi.
Feb 5, 2021 1:19 PM
Sep 2020
Hi i am miga i love angel beats it is so good and so exciting I love something like angel beats
Mar 20, 2021 8:13 AM

Aug 2013
Of course they're gonna use the dude's hypnosis as a plot device to get his memories back. That and fujobait.

Beyond that this episode was good. Sickly imouto's always a nice way to grab one's attention. Poor thing didn't even have the strength to look at all the decorations but kept on thanking him nonetheless. Glad he found the strength back after that, as it was foreshadowed quite nicely, considering he was breezing the questions during that test without difficulty which would normally be impossible for a dropout.

Kanade's inclusion is welcome and that bit at the end is certainly interesting. Still have more questions than answers though.
Apr 26, 2021 12:47 AM

Sep 2020

How much suffering we loli protectors needs to pass through again.. Show some pity for us. It's the 4th loli decased,,, You guys , thinking us as a non human Do you guys knew , How much pain we suffered from this

Full destruction within 2 episodes...

Jul 26, 2021 8:59 AM

Apr 2021
Otonashi's past was really sad...I mean he found hope after his sister died but then just when things were going fine everything went down :(
This show really is awesome one of the best shows I've seen so far...that aside we have a second angel wonder who or what she is
Sep 9, 2021 2:07 PM

Jul 2016
Jun Maeda sure has a thing for characters who go against medical orders, huh?

Anyways, nice one Otonashi. You ended up killing your little sister because you thought you were above trained medical professionals.
Nov 6, 2021 4:45 PM
Dec 2017
McRib said:
This show is getting gayer and gayer each episode.

And I mean that literally.

Whats to say thats a bad thing?

Dec 10, 2021 2:10 PM

Aug 2008
Well not like we didn't know that Otonashi wasn't going to have a backstory that puts him in an incredibly good light. A hero basically. Was interesting enough, better than some of these others certainly.

Then some comedy with the fishing which was okay I suppose, what doesn't involve Yui at least. The Kanade clone has got my interest hopefully doesn't blow it.
Jan 13, 2022 10:18 AM

Jul 2021
Ayo what's that cliffhanger AAAAAAAAAA. I feel bad for the peeps who watched this weekly lol.

Otonashi's backstory was the most emotional, no other backstory was able to make me actually cry, just made me feel really sad. This one was well done, really emotionally impactful.

Kanade again sugoku kawai in this episode. I'm glad everyone else accepted her :D I'm also fine with Naoi geeting accepted as he helped Otonashi get his memories back.

Otonashi basically confessed to Kanade there xD. Very clever, got the girl to let you call her by first name and made her call you by first name too and then proceeds to tell her "I want to be with you too". Nice Otonashi👍. Too bad though it seems like Kanade is supressing her emotions and won't be able to respond cheerfully. Hoping to see Kanade act like a normal cheerful girl, I live for the day when I get to see a blushing Kanade chan xD.

Kanade is as bad ass as she is kawai. Best girl.

5/5 episode. Very enjoyable. Excited for next episode.
TsutanaiFuunJan 13, 2022 10:29 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 13, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2016
Man Otonashi past been nothing but suffering, even after second watch it still hurts me to see him die like that.
Jul 1, 2022 11:24 AM

Aug 2017
Raizel said:
Man Otonashi past been nothing but suffering, even after second watch it still hurts me to see him die like that.
I think everyone in the world had to have suffered in order to exist there.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Sep 27, 2022 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
this episode is Amazing loved it
Nov 7, 2022 8:15 PM

Jul 2022
Here's what I was looking for, cry
Jan 1, 2023 2:28 PM
Feb 2022
what the fuck is even happening
Mar 5, 2023 10:56 PM
Feb 2021
Crazy twist, but I have no doubt that it'll be explained. I enjoyed getting MC's backstory, and I'm excited for everything to play out. It just feels like some stuff that happens in this show is filler though, like the whole fishing thing, especially because it was so bombastic. I think that more than anything is what's kinda disappointing about this show, that rather than having subtle character moments, they're over the top. It kinda creates a disconnect from when the characters are meant to be taken seriously.
Mar 22, 2023 9:17 AM

Dec 2022
Otonashi's backstory is adequate, definitely the best of them so far. Also, Kanade clone at the end?
Naoi is comic relief now, but it's Angel Beats so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 11, 2023 11:27 AM
Aug 2022
why do we have to skip through 6 episodes, i mean literally half of the show, just to finally see a decent one?

that gang of losers is the worst, they are stupid, not funny at all, irrelevant and meaningless.  
Apr 18, 2023 1:11 PM
May 2021
Otonashi's past was also kinda depressing like others. Other than that nice episode, they Befriended kanade now. And the real Tenshi appeared at the end and she literally looks like kanade. So everyone mistook Kanade as tenshi???
Apr 18, 2023 1:13 PM
May 2021
DoraemonPure said:

How much suffering we loli protectors needs to pass through again.. Show some pity for us. It's the 4th loli decased,,, You guys , thinking us as a non human Do you guys knew , How much pain we suffered from this

Full destruction within 2 episodes...

Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Apr 25, 2023 12:34 PM

Jul 2022
Best episode 10/10!!
May 6, 2023 2:27 AM

Jun 2017
Yuripe's past was more tragic than Otonashi, yet for some reason, Otonashi's past made me feel more affected.

It seems to me that Otonashi looks at Tachibana like his younger sister back when he was alive.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 13, 2023 6:39 PM

Sep 2020
Fun ep, Otonashi's story reminded me a lot of the one in (different show spoiler)
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Nov 29, 2023 6:10 PM

Nov 2023
Yayy, they finally befriended Naoi
Feb 15, 12:30 PM

Jun 2017
he had hope beside him all along .He only came to realise that after her passing.A bereaved sister who acknowledged his efforts and died enjoying christmas on his arms.In a way his backstory is lesser on the mood dampening meter.
The angel twist came out of the blue at the end.
Apr 4, 5:09 PM
Aug 2023
This anime is kind of pretty good, and kind of bad as well. All the backstory flashback scenes are really good at being emotionally moving, but the present day stuff at the school is pretty subpar. There's a way bigger emphasis for the characters over-acting the comedy which makes the comedy not very funny, and not very much emphasis at having the characters interact with each other in a meaningful way. Like they're not even talking to Angel or the substitute student president to find out what they know about the world they're in. It seems the only meaningful thing that happens is the backstory flashbacks, and the present day stuff is really subpar glue connecting backstory to backstory.

They got to start doing something with the present day school stuff to make it good, no doubt there's going to be more sad backstory flashbacks that are going to be really good, but the whole anime starts feeling cheap if that's the only parts that are good.
Apr 17, 5:06 AM

Dec 2022
The fishing scene was entertaining to watch hah. I'm still even more curious abt Tachibana's whole story. Also, Otonashi's backstory was pretty depressing to say the least.

Apr 17, 9:25 PM
Feb 2022
Love it this episode, the beginning was very wild, but i am liking where this is going, very insightful and heartwarming.
Apr 22, 9:13 AM
May 2022
Otonashi u smooth bastard! also from ep3 or 2 idr when it just occured to me that Iwasawa cherished her final moments with the guitar as she was refrained from further participation, she lost sight of how valuable was a second chance to sing for her even though its not under ideal circumstances..
her arigatou hits harder now ;-;
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
May 2022
Reply to Hue_Enjoyer
Love it this episode, the beginning was very wild, but i am liking where this is going, very insightful and heartwarming.
@Hue_Enjoyer indeed! glad I picked this ani.. the comedy is bit predictable and not to my taste otherwise no issues whatsoever
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.