Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 30, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2022
Death Parade has a masterful soundtrack done by Yuki Hayashi and honestly is one of my all time favorites.

As an aspiring Film Scorer Im curious what do you think the highlights of this are and why?

For me it was Moonlit Night and Memento Mori!
REGULAR SHOW TROUNCES ANY ANIME. PEAK FICTION

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Nov 30, 2022 11:39 AM
Jun 2022
I don’t know much about film scoring but I love the way a lot of the music contrast the feeling of the show. It will go from this jazzy, upbeat opening then have me crying and questioning life 5 mins later
Nov 30, 2022 12:11 PM

Oct 2022
Jdonaldson91 said:
I don’t know much about film scoring but I love the way a lot of the music contrast the feeling of the show. It will go from this jazzy, upbeat opening then have me crying and questioning life 5 mins later

for real!!! love it so much

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Nov 30, 2022 12:19 PM
Oct 2020
Its amazing. I love Moonlit Night. I also love the super chill jazzy tracks that play when they are chilling at the bar.
Nov 30, 2022 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
Skating scene is one of THE best scenes in all anime.
It toms us her entire backstory through exposition alone without a single word.

Nov 30, 2022 12:24 PM

Oct 2022
Piromysl said:
Skating scene is one of THE best scenes in all anime.
It toms us her entire backstory through exposition alone without a single word.

Incredible Incredible Incredible. That one scene with Memento Mori playing when decim screams at the climax made me decide to get my Minor in college in film scoring. Truly Incredible anime 9.4/10

Nov 30, 2022 12:30 PM
May 2018
It has a very underlying question to it: what if? what if the ones judging happen to have feelings, when they aren't supposed to? It is posed to the watcher too, ig.

It has a distinctive charm, a warmth to it, which is ethereal at the same time.

as for the score, Moonlit Night, and Memento Mori have been my favorites, with Moonlit Night taking a slight edge for the fact that, the score through Chiyuki, tries to provide an answer, is what I think.

I couldn't disassociate Chiyuki's story from the track, which imo, is very cool.

these are my thoughts, I hope your questions are answered! I dunno much about film scoring, but the above are some tracks that I really enjoyed.
Nov 30, 2022 1:29 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this track, techno is so underrated
Nov 30, 2022 4:03 PM
Jun 2020
The highlights of the Death Parade soundtrack are definitely the two tracks you mentioned, Moonlit Night and Memento Mori. Both of these tracks have a haunting and melancholic quality to them that perfectly captures the atmosphere of the show. The use of strings and piano in both of these tracks is especially effective in conveying the emotion of the show. Additionally, the use of percussion in Moonlit Night adds a sense of urgency and tension that is essential to the show's narrative.
Nov 30, 2022 11:54 PM

Jun 2019
yeah, the music of death parade is incredible. One of the most underrated shows and scores.
Dec 13, 2022 12:26 AM

Oct 2019
one of my favorite soundtracks too, it's just so god damn good.

my favorite track might be the generic answer, but I can't help it. it's the main theme and is called "death parade".

I also have a weak spot for jazzy tracks, so that makes it even better.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

599 by Hugsgs »»
Yesterday, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.