Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2022 10:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sworn enemies meeting again after a thousand years huh. Seems the Quincy king is one that attain his goal via rampart of corpses. The fight between the two though were pretty high level. Considering old man Yama's abilities are fire based the drawing in of every drop of water in the area to fuel them is defo believable. But while his flames were indeed powerful what made it even more so was were his support abilities especially the call of the dead that was just chilling. But what was equally chilling was the fact that the enemy had anticipated Yamamoto joining the battle and planned ahead. Overall a very action heavy ep that while doing well in showing just how powerful the head captain was also likewise showed just how cunning Yhwach was as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2022 10:59 AM
Jul 2019
amazing fight and animation! so hype
Nov 14, 2022 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
The animation in this episode was so damn beautiful!!
Especially the first half was a storyboarding masterpiece.
And all the style changes! The painted style of the final shot!!
New favourite episode when it comes down to animation.

Even the wonky movements of the CGI skeletons weren't too bad. I can 100% understand and ignore the use of it there.
yfelodyNov 14, 2022 11:05 AM
Nov 14, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2009
Yamamoto was badasss this episode but RIP he was trick by the real Yhwach there by exhausting his powers to a fake Yhwach

and nice to see Aizen again

Nov 14, 2022 11:03 AM
Mar 2014
Actually incredible animation/direction/feeling and intensity. This is Bleach going 110%
Feb 2022
FUCKKK....this episode was straight fire
Yamamoto absolutely killed it
At first i was so disappointed with yhwach that he wasn't putting much fight against yama
Yama was literally bullying him but soon it turned against him when real yhwach showed up
The animation of this episode was perfect
We can say it was one of the best animated episode and it deserves it tbh it can't be better than this
we can see that animators put their soul into making this one
10/10 banger episode
Oct 2021
Such an amazing episode. We finally got to see the long-awaited fight between Yamamoto and Yhwach. The animation was BEAUTIFUL! Plus, we got to see Aizen, 10/10 episode.
Nov 14, 2022 11:06 AM

Feb 2022
What a fireeeeeeeeeeeee episode it was
RIP Yamamoto (Head Captain) the best head captain of Gotei 13
Nov 14, 2022 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
This episode is very well done and the fight is epic.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Nov 14, 2022 11:08 AM
Dec 2020
This was such an amazing episode. I just couldn't ask for more from this anime adaptation. The extra battle scenes between Yama and Yhwach were pure hype and extremely well animated. All the new anime only scenes were a pleasant surprise and added so much more context to those scenes, context which the original manga actually lacked. I am just lost for words, from animation, to coloring, to effects, to music, to atmosphere. THE CAMERA WORK, MAN. Some of those scenes were straight out of a movie. They really went all out in this episode. The moment Yama activated his Bankai and all of the flames suddenly vanished, it just sent chills down my spine. The decision to cut out all the music and leave that one bit completely silent was absolutely genius. It really emphasized the extreme tension of the whole scene. The back and forth between the first battle between Yama and Yhwach 1000 years ago and the present fight were the cherry on top of the cake. Absolutely loved the cool contrast between the bright red flames of the head captain and the blue reishi flames of the Quincies. Aizen appearance and extended interaction with Yhwach in this episode was a COMPLETE SHOCKER and i dare say, even with the absolute feral battle between Yama and Yhwach, Aizen still somehow managed to steal the show with just a couple of minutes of screen time. His mannerism when speaking hasn't changed at all since the last time we saw him, rocking his usual condescending tone even when talking to the Quincy king, downright refusing Yhwach's offer and reminding him why he even considered him a threat to begin with. Also the lighting in that scene really game me Evangelion vibes and i'm sure i wasn't the only one that thought that!
All in all, this episode was a sight to behold and really lived up to all of the hype and showed bleach fans everywhere that the anime is in good hands and there will be more greatness to come in the following episodes as well. I'm so glad Bleach got the treatment it deserved and i couldn't be more pleased with how everything is turning out!!!
Nov 14, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2018
Yhwach fooled Yamamoto like a fiddle. I really hope he survives but it looks like he was slashed in half T_T
Nov 14, 2022 11:10 AM
Jun 2021
This was so good, best ep, peak, W, i am crying rn
Nov 14, 2022 11:16 AM

Aug 2020
3.5/5

Easily the best episode of Bleach without a doubt. The animation was good with some well choreographed fight sequences but still nothing too extravagant. The CGI was jarring at times but good enough for a background model. We've seen worse

The first half was pretty enthralling with good directional flex from Perriot but the dialogues crippled the flow of the fight for me. We finally get to witness Yamamoto's bankai tho which was beautifully portrayed. I liked how they were also switching back & forth to their past selves.

The fake-out death of Ywach was not as much surprising as I hoped it would've been. Plus, the Aizen sequence also felt a bit underwhelming and forced.
2Birds1StonedNov 14, 2022 4:23 PM
Nov 14, 2022 11:19 AM

Jun 2013
This episode is just chef's kiss. The director did an awesome job with the fight sequence. Can't wait to see more top tier animation!

RIP to Yamaji. The face he made when he accepted his fate was sad man. What Yhwach did was a calculative move but I still felt cheated.
It was nice to see Aizen again! Totally chad of him telling Yhwach off while he's locked in his Evangelion form. The next episode is gonna be grey for Soul Society. Ichigo better get out of his jail fast!!
Nov 14, 2022 11:19 AM

Nov 2021
holy hell man... I think, I came a little...
Nov 14, 2022 11:21 AM
Oct 2017
If i have a 6 star i would give a 7 or even higher
Nov 14, 2022 11:26 AM
May 2021
Amazing direction and effort from the whole staff, this episode felt like a love letter to those that stuck around with the series after all these years. You could feel the passion oozing out of each frame, and I'm just so happy we've come this far. A surprise appearance from Ryan White was also in the credits of this episode, this person was the same guy that made some of the best Bleach fan animations on YouTube, so it's great to see him move up in the world and work on a series he's passionate about. From the OST to the animation, this episode hits and it hits hard, and keeps me positive and hopeful about the future of the arc.
Nov 14, 2022 11:28 AM
Mar 2013
probably the best episode so far, amazing work by the staff
Nov 14, 2022 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
I wanted to get hyped, I wanted to scream but... most of the time I was speechless throughout the entire episode.

So magnificent. Definitely episode of the year contender AND among the best episode in all of anime.

So grateful to be alive in this era of anime. 🔥🔥🔥
Nov 14, 2022 11:33 AM
Apr 2022
I crave for higher rating for this episode. It was like the animation ascended to the next. Pierrot did their job to absolute perfect. A masterpiece of episode. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nov 14, 2022 11:36 AM

Mar 2021
Even someone like me who doesn't know much about Yamamoto got hyped as hell seeing his Bankai lol, the characters really hyped him up in the beginning of the episode. The moments after he absorbed all the flames and before he showed his blade were cinematic as hell. Most of his directional attacks (east/west/south/north) were crazy too.

Though I don't like how a guy as hyped up as Yamamoto got folded instantly by Yhwach, they didn't even fight.

Nov 14, 2022 11:38 AM

Mar 2018
THAT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. HOLY SHIT, WHAT A MASTERPIECE.
Nov 14, 2022 11:39 AM

Nov 2017
Waited years for this, it fucking paid off.
Nov 14, 2022 11:42 AM
Jul 2020
Such a cool fight its just really disappointing that Yamamoto died like that. It felt pointless. Even when knowing what happens later on .
Nov 14, 2022 11:45 AM
Oct 2018
Peak fiction, best fight of 2022 no competition wtf have I witnessed. As an anime only I am scared for Yamamoto though. Hoping he is not dead. But man, now it feels like bleach is to back to it's full glory.
Nov 14, 2022 11:46 AM

Nov 2020
hiddenhokage said:
silversaint said:
i think the music is lacking in these fights NGL, the CGI looked fine from affar, the problem was the close up shots

Finally, someone agrees with me on this! I get the whole "no music" trope that Studio Pierrot tries to do sometimes (they did that in Naruto too) but I don't think it worked here. It works better for slower, less amped-up situations; Yamamoto's fires were symbolic of his rage and very much in line with the definition of amped-up. And I think that deserves some tunes lol. Almost makes me want to make an edit of this using some of the OG Bleach soundtracks.

I understand how you didn't like. Most of the episode we got simple sounds of fire burning with multiple silent parts with absolutely not a single bit of sound, with one of them being when he 1st activated his bankai and focused all fire to the tip of his sword. They are just trying to portray the atmosphere as it is in hell as he literally brings it with his bankai. I thought the episode was done quite well with the exception of the part when As nodt and 2 more interfere with the fight, you couldnt really tell who they were without pausing or knowing beforehand (by reading manga). Remember one of the best scenes in all of anime is the train ride scene in Spirited away which had no sound.
Nov 14, 2022 11:47 AM
Jul 2019
Never thought I'll see this battle animated... It feels unreal. Loved it!
Nov 14, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2021
Yamamoto’s Bankai was sick as fuck the fight was amazing his bankai was too cold his attacks were next level and we got to see Aizen that was cool but it sucks that the old man’s bankai got stolen hope he survives

Nov 14, 2022 11:50 AM

Aug 2019
Came in with a lot of hype for this fight and it didn't disappoint

Good seeing Aizen again, even if it was just to tell Yhwach to GTFO

Nov 14, 2022 11:56 AM
Apr 2016
Despite the title of the episode and knowing everything that’s gonna happen, watching this episode was chilling on a subatomic level.
Nov 14, 2022 12:01 PM

Mar 2018
I MEAN, I KNEW THIS EPISODE WAS GOING TO BE THE BEST ANIMATED EPISODE OF BLEACH BUT THAT STILL EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS HOLY SHIT
Nov 14, 2022 12:06 PM

Sep 2011
Man what the fuck was 10 years ago me on about thinking the final arc was dull, this was a fantastic fight both thematically and from a big dick action standpoint, the backdrop of fighting over the deaths of comrades was a cool motiff but the actual execution of Yama's Bankai really made it feel like this dude really deserved all the hype hes had this entire series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 14, 2022 12:06 PM

Jan 2016
I failed NNN watching this episode.
This was the best episode of anime this season. Amazing animation for the fights. I’m so sad the old man got conned in the end and most likely lost his life in the end. I never thought I’d live to see Yama’s bankai animated beautifully like this.
10/10

Nov 14, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2021
So Bleach made it to the top 3 trending for Worldwide and Japan twitter. Also other bleach related stuff like Ember sword were trending. Bleach is getting hyped up and a LOT more has to come next.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 14, 2022 12:17 PM

Jan 2022
Boss Vs Boss episode and the winner is the sneaky Boss. I really like the fighting scenes of this episode, I feel very tense watching it. In the end what I liked the most was Aizen's appearance, I can't wait to see him join the battlefield.

I'm very happy too because my wait wasn't disappointed because this episode was super cool from all aspects.

Super Episode 1.000.000/10
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Nov 14, 2022 12:19 PM

Oct 2022
What a fight this episode and there's sure a lot to the captains Bankai, but turns out the Yhwach he was fighting was just an impostor..
Nov 14, 2022 12:25 PM
Oct 2022
I have doubts about the episode if anyone can contextualize it.

First apologize for my poor English and also on behalf of the automated translator used :s

1 Why do captains or lieutenants not know the weak points of their stolen bankais prpios and face the thieves Quincy? Do not have the ability to fight without bankai?

2 because that clone beats kempachi when he is supposed to have a bankai that cannot be stolen,

3 because that clone has the memories and sees images d quincies dead 1000 years ago? when he is not the original? And if he’s so powerful that he stands up to the commander and gets rid of Kempachi,'cause he doesn’t make 13 clones or Infinite and it’s easier?

4 I like the CGI in Gral, I am not clear if it is cheaper or if it saves labor as it is said,but this CGI sta ahi, and not only in the skeletons,by that I mean that it is not the best CGI that there is currently and that is being implemented in the anime in general.

Because if you know that you can steal the bankai, once you discover that it is a clone,the second thing you say is bankai and is not your first choice? Or because knowing it does not adopt another strategy the commander?

5 Or because the Commander can’t perceive it’s not the original? The fluctuation of energy or potential emitted is not different according to the opponent’s range/potential?

To say that at the beginning I did not have much hope in Bleach,the first and second episody had rather OVA format by the theme Quincy, the blue world hollow instead of darker black but I think it has gone from less to more but...

Thank you
Jan 2021
This episode was probably one of the best episodes I’ve ever watched from any anime. If this is what the final arc of bleach has to offer I honestly can't wait for what's coming next, I wonder what role aizen will be playing aswell

flareeNov 14, 2022 12:31 PM
May 2022
it was amazing it deserve a 10 out of 10 rating
Nov 14, 2022 12:30 PM
Nov 2020
The best episode that released yet in the new arc.
Nov 14, 2022 12:30 PM

Mar 2013
That was a great watch.
And now the strongest of all the Shinigami has now been defeated. I'm looking forward to the continuity of that cliffhanger. Will Ichigo alone with his friends shoulder the Soul Society again all by themselves? OwO
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 14, 2022 12:36 PM

Oct 2018
I literally came during the episode. IT WAS SOO GOOD!!
CANDIES!:
Nov 14, 2022 12:42 PM

May 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Man what the fuck was 10 years ago me on about thinking the final arc was dull, this was a fantastic fight both thematically and from a big dick action standpoint, the backdrop of fighting over the deaths of comrades was a cool motiff but the actual execution of Yama's Bankai really made it feel like this dude really deserved all the hype hes had this entire series
I love Zanka no Tachi. When it comes to raw power big dick energy I think it's by far the strongest out of all bankai.
Nov 14, 2022 12:44 PM
Dec 2017
Absolutely peak, nothing is better than Bleach. Bleach >>> Your favorite anime.
Nov 14, 2022 12:45 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
That boss battle was fantastic. I was expecting a spectacle and this blew those expectations out of the water. That last Yhwach slash gave me chills. And yay, we got to see Aizen again! Perhaps the Soul Society should have let him out to help out, haha. The Yourself power is a pair of Quincy twins, that's pretty interesting. It would have been nice to see them fight as a pair and die as a pair, but this works too. The one Yamamoto fought was clearly the stronger of the two and more trusted by Yhwach to serve as a distraction.

Yamamoto's Bankai was crazy. Raising the dead? Why not. It isn't like boiling everything to cinders isn't too overpowered already. The battle was extremely well animated. Best battle of the season so far and it's not even close.

Now that Yhwach has that overpowered Bankai though and Yamamoto has been seemingly defeated, things look hopeless for the Soul Society's and their odds of surviving this war, let alone winning. Even if Ichigo gets there soon, he probably won't be of much help to be honest.

The wait for the next episode will be torture.

Nov 14, 2022 12:45 PM

Mar 2021
humanity has peaked with this episode
Nov 14, 2022 12:49 PM
Oct 2022
One of the best episodes yet, 🔥
God damnnnnn, the plot twist was epic, it was able to show how overpowered both old man Yama and Yhwach was without RELATIVELY nerfing anything…. ( Well we know how good YAMAMOTO can be tho)
I knew Yhwach can’t be dat desperate so quickly and yeah….. twas a freaking Walmart Quincy king.

Well, Yhwach is literally a god now……RIP Yamamoto…..😔
Nov 14, 2022 12:56 PM

Aug 2020
BEST EPISODE UNTIL THIS MOMENT

IF YOU'RE NOT HYPED BY THIS GO F YOURSELF!!!

DAMNNNN

Yamamoto vs Yhwach! What a legendary battle. I've been waiting for this for so long!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeNov 14, 2022 1:51 PM

Nov 14, 2022 12:58 PM
Oct 2020
Best episode out rn Yamamoto was fooled and Ywach went off the fight was amazing too
Nov 14, 2022 1:02 PM

Dec 2007
>You can't steal my bankai because you don't understand it.
>Explains bankai the entire episode.
>Tries to use bankai and it gets stolen.

I mean sure that wasn't the reason they couldn't take it but either way it was a dumb idea lol.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

581 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

218 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.