Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2022 1:17 PM
Sep 2022
I don't think it's compulsory for anyone to be associated with an anime fandom to call themselves a fan or it's the only way to enjoy it. When people says that jojo fans are annoying, I don't know what makes this fandom special in the first place, I mean is there a good fandom out there? A fandom is consist of many individuals and it's not supposed to be organized, people are free to act on their own, saying that the fanbase in general is annoying is basically means there are no "fans" just people who are annoying, if one don't want to watch/read jojo then it's totally fine but saying it's because of the annoying fandom, then I wish you luck in your search for a good fandom, wait, why are we even talking about this trash instead of quality shows like Boruto and Dragon Ball Super.

https://youtu.be/kvSLqHATlNg
Oct 5, 2022 1:23 PM

Mar 2021
not watching a show because of the fandom is because you dont want to associate yourself with the fandom its not that deep
Oct 5, 2022 1:24 PM
Sep 2022
zemeck said:
not watching a show because of the fandom is because you dont want to associate yourself with the fandom its not that deep
Yeah, you're right, why we are even discussing it.
Oct 5, 2022 1:26 PM
Apr 2022
Mob Psycho’s fandom is pretty chill
Oct 5, 2022 1:27 PM
Aug 2019
Every fandom is bad. But there are different degrees of bad. The more popular a series is the worst it's fandom will be. And JoJo has an excessively annoying fandom. Not just annoying, but also hyper elitist. Not just elitist, but also full of misinformation (which happens to every anime/manga fandom that's decades old).

I don't agree with the idea of never experiencing something because of its fandom, but I can understand how it can push someone away from it. They're saving themselves the headache, so maybe they are the smarter ones, I don't know lol.
Oct 5, 2022 1:29 PM
Sep 2022
WhosVak said:

I'm waiting for the day when they'll recommend it for any other reason then it's animation.
Oct 5, 2022 1:30 PM
Sep 2022
Kaxew said:
Every fandom is bad. But there are different degrees of bad. The more popular a series is the worst it's fandom will be. And JoJo has an excessively annoying fandom. Not just annoying, but also hyper elitist. Not just elitist, but also full of misinformation (which happens to every anime/manga fandom that's decades old).

I don't agree with the idea of never experiencing something because of its fandom, but I can understand how it can push someone away from it. They're saving themselves the headache, so maybe they are the smarter ones, I don't know lol.

I don't think fandom should even matter if they are smart, are they watching/reading it for the fandom.
Oct 5, 2022 1:38 PM
Oct 2019
All fandoms have those kinds of people, just some are bigger and/or attract more kinds of those people, some aren’t as bad as others
poo poo
Oct 5, 2022 1:40 PM
Nov 2020
I think shows that ended pre social media craze all have chill fanbases… now it’s all about comparisons and shitting on other ppl fave.. back then just the love for anime could bring ppl together.. now everyone thinks they’re an expert. Don’t get me wrong, stuff like this always existed, but they never had the means to express their feelings about an anime so easily to other ppl. Now every idiot with fingers has an opinion they think is law and others like said opinions forming groups and the negatives of the groups far outweigh anything positive they may have to offer. Plus some are just looking for attention, by any means necessary.
Oct 5, 2022 1:45 PM
Apr 2022
assassin_zabusa said:
WhosVak said:

I'm waiting for the day when they'll recommend it for any other reason then it's animation.
Ahahahaha yeah that's fair
Oct 5, 2022 1:48 PM
Aug 2019
assassin_zabusa said:
Kaxew said:

I don't think fandom should even matter if they are smart, are they watching/reading it for the fandom.

No, but it's impossible to escape a current, mainstream series once you watched it. That's what I mean by saving themselves the headache. They are living in ignorance because this way they won't have to suffer when they are eventually get exposed to the fandom and it's toxicity.

Of course, once the series is fully, completely over then it can be watched. Because the chance of seeing the fandom do the thing they know best is very small.

Bear in mind that as I said I don't agree with that philosophy though, I'm just trying to understand why they wouldn't watch a series because of the fandom just like you asked.
Oct 5, 2022 2:01 PM

Feb 2020
I am pretty sure I stopped watching jojo because didn't like part 3. Not because of some fandom. I don't really think any fandom (good or bad) affects my watching experience. So I can't relate to any advantage of having good fandom tbh.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 5, 2022 2:04 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
JoJo's fandom is undoubtedly annoying but to me, it's still better than most toxic fandoms out there.
Oct 5, 2022 2:16 PM
Apr 2022
kizumi91 said:
JoJo's fandom is undoubtedly annoying but to me, it's still better than most toxic fandoms out there.

Definitely miles better than most big animes fandom.
Oct 5, 2022 3:44 PM
Oct 2020
assassin_zabusa said:
WhosVak said:

You’ve not been looking in the right places then because I’ve seen people talk about MP’s characters, story, and themes way more than its animation.
It’s a great story about self-improvement with memorable characters that also has awesome action and animation.
Oct 5, 2022 3:47 PM

Jul 2022
If not for MAL I wouldn't even know other people watched anime, so I don't get why people can't just turn the phone off if they don't want to be annoyed
Oct 5, 2022 5:02 PM
Feb 2020
Ghost in the Shell and Hunter x Hunter
Oct 5, 2022 5:36 PM

Jan 2021
TomboyTamer said:
kizumi91 said:

jojos fandom is still as bad as most fandoms
although its not as common as the more popular ones
Read the visual novel nerd
Oct 5, 2022 5:38 PM
Apr 2022
salad_farded said:
TomboyTamer said:

Gotta disagree with you, if we compare JoJo's with CSM, MHA, AOT, or KNY fans, JoJo's fans are really tame.
TomboyTamerOct 5, 2022 5:42 PM
Oct 5, 2022 7:15 PM

Feb 2010
Just curate your fandom experience and any fandom can be drama free
Oct 5, 2022 7:55 PM
Mar 2022
assassin_zabusa said:
I don't think it's compulsory for anyone to be associated with an anime fandom to call themselves a fan or it's the only way to enjoy it. When people says that jojo fans are annoying, I don't know what makes this fandom special in the first place, I mean is there a good fandom out there? A fandom is consist of many individuals and it's not supposed to be organized, people are free to act on their own, saying that the fanbase in general is annoying is basically means there are no "fans" just people who are annoying, if one don't want to watch/read jojo then it's totally fine but saying it's because of the annoying fandom, then I wish you luck in your search for a good fandom, wait, why are we even talking about this trash instead of quality shows like Boruto and Dragon Ball Super.

Laid-Back Camp, Anohana, A Place Further Than the Universe, and Mob Psycho 100 are all pretty chill!! And Yu Yu Hakusho I feel like also has a decent fanbase. I will agree it’s rare. But they’re out there!
Oct 5, 2022 8:25 PM
Aug 2021
assassin_zabusa said:
WhosVak said:

I love how real the characters feel and on a more personal level I really relate to Mob in a lot of ways, and I love how kind he is, and the shows general message about power not being what makes someone special.
Oct 5, 2022 11:05 PM
Apr 2022
TomboyTamer said:
salad_farded said:

Gotta disagree with you, if we compare JoJo's with CSM, MHA, AOT, or KNY fans, JoJo's fans are really tame.

true and real 🗣️🗣️🗣️🙏🗣️🗣️🗣️
Oct 5, 2022 11:06 PM
Apr 2022
assassin_zabusa said:

that Boruto and dbs bait at the end lol 💀
Oct 6, 2022 2:49 AM
Nov 2020
assassin_zabusa said:
WhosVak said:

Mob has interesting characters and story as well
Oct 6, 2022 8:13 AM
May 2022
zemeck said:

you dont asociate yourself whit the fandom watching the anime
Oct 6, 2022 9:25 AM
Mar 2022
TomboyTamer said:
salad_farded said:

Chainsaw man's fandom from my experience is a lot better than jojo, but then again I have only seen the Reddit side of chainsaw man.
Oct 6, 2022 9:28 AM
Apr 2022
ItzSuppa said:
TomboyTamer said:

Chainsaw man's fandom from my experience is a lot better than jojo, but then again I have only seen the Reddit side of chainsaw man.

You must be live inside a cave if you didn't see that they're overhyping that series in many platforms. Just take a look at CSM's thread in here.
Oct 6, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2014
If there is one it's certainly not the jojo fandom, lol.
Oct 6, 2022 1:43 PM
Aug 2017
I mean you don’t have to interact with any fandoms at all. I think over time the JoJo fandom has mellowed out and is pretty tame compared to the fandoms around right now. If you think something looks interesting just check it out and don’t let a fandom stop you from enjoying something.
Oct 6, 2022 5:41 PM

Jun 2020
TomboyTamer said:
ItzSuppa said:

You must be live inside a cave if you didn't see that they're overhyping that series in many platforms. Just take a look at CSM's thread in here.

Well, JoJo fans overhype part 7 every place they can, so it's not that far. Also their memes fucking suck and I am yet to see a fandom that lacks basic reading comprehension such as JoJO fans.
I've seen bruh moments you people wouldn't believe
... attack simps on fire off the shoulder of anitwt.
I've watched gatekeepers get overwhelmed by the swarm of normies.
All those moments, will be lost in time, like memes in the feed...
time...to cringe...

"Western public is a false god"
Oct 6, 2022 5:42 PM

Jun 2020
Every fandom sucks. Next topic please.
time...to cringe...

Oct 6, 2022 7:21 PM
Aug 2021
Definetly not, it's a good series but the fandom is one of the worst ever, I say it because I was once on it for a while and I left it three months later as I remember.
Oct 6, 2022 7:47 PM

May 2021
>why are we even talking about this trash instead of quality shows like Boruto and Dragon Ball Super.
Obvious troll bait, but I'll bite.

I don't really have any major experience with the fandom except maybe seeing them including everything as JoJo reference or spamming ORA ORA MUDA MUDA or gay jokes whatever but what I've seen is the creativity that I very appreciate which you can't find on other "fandom". Look at this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXexSXix3zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1McPiczNkGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1gqDpUFH0I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTwV3yhbYY

etc.

Oct 7, 2022 1:19 AM
Apr 2022
Darth_Synyster said:
TomboyTamer said:

Well, JoJo fans overhype part 7 every place they can, so it's not that far. Also their memes fucking suck and I am yet to see a fandom that lacks basic reading comprehension such as JoJO fans.
Not as loud as CSM, also it's literally the second highest rated manga in MAL, so they have point and fair to say it.

Comedy is subjective, either you'll like it or no, unless you're just a grumpy old man who doesn't like any kind of comedy/jokes.
Oct 7, 2022 1:40 AM

Jun 2020
TomboyTamer said:
Darth_Synyster said:

Not as loud as CSM, also it's literally the second highest rated manga in MAL, so they have point and fair to say it.

Comedy is subjective, either you'll like it or no, unless you're just a grumpy old man who doesn't like any kind of comedy/jokes.

If by "comedy" you mean the flood of repeated memes then i have bad news. It gets in the way the moment they are more interested in making memes and dumb discussions instead of actually watching the anime.(This problem affects the anime fandom as a whole). Also MAL ranking its pretty much flawed and worthless, just see fullmetal and gintama fans down voting
every other stuff that gets close to them.
time...to cringe...

Oct 7, 2022 1:45 AM
Apr 2022
Darth_Synyster said:
TomboyTamer said:

If by "comedy" you mean the flood of repeated memes then i have bad news. It gets in the way the moment they are more interested in making memes and dumb discussions instead of actually watching the anime.(This problem affects the anime fandom as a whole). Also MAL ranking its pretty much flawed and worthless, just see fullmetal and gintama fans down voting
every other stuff that gets close to them.

Stop using MAL then if you don't like how the system works in here. Man I just realized I'm having an argument with a Ken right now.
Oct 8, 2022 12:39 AM
Dec 2021
Its not that other fandoms are good its just that the Jojo fandom is especially shitty
Oct 8, 2022 9:58 AM
Jul 2021
I don’t know man but Goku solos
Oct 9, 2022 8:49 AM

Oct 2017
Can someone explain why the JoJo fandom is considered to be so shitty, I stay completely disconnected from fandoms and just watch / read the series I want but feel like I regularly see this get brought up about JoJo and am curious why.
Oct 15, 2022 5:55 AM
Mar 2021
In my experience, having been interacting with online fan communities for almost a decade now, the best fandoms are the smaller ones. Generally the less people are around the less drama, in-fighting, and annoying memes there tend to be. Some of the chillest fan communities I’ve been a part of were for audio fiction podcasts, because those tend to have smaller followings by nature. But in terms of anime/manga the Dorohedoro and Daidark fan communities are pretty cool. Dorohedoro got more fans with the anime adaptation, but the cgi filtered out some of the more annoying people.
Oct 27, 2022 2:50 PM
Jun 2021
most fandoms are bad. lets not start on the my hero academia fandom do.........
Oct 27, 2022 3:02 PM

Sep 2016
KidVulture said:
In my experience, having been interacting with online fan communities for almost a decade now, the best fandoms are the smaller ones. Generally the less people are around the less drama, in-fighting, and annoying memes there tend to be. Some of the chillest fan communities I’ve been a part of were for audio fiction podcasts, because those tend to have smaller followings by nature. But in terms of anime/manga the Dorohedoro and Daidark fan communities are pretty cool. Dorohedoro got more fans with the anime adaptation, but the cgi filtered out some of the more annoying people.

You make it sound like criticizing CGI is always somehow toxic or annoying. I do agree tho that it can get far too over the top as can be seen with CSM currently or AoT before it.
Oct 27, 2022 10:26 PM

Sep 2020
The "good" fandoms are generally the ones where you won't see that many forum posts per day. Pick your poison I guess.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 30, 2023 1:57 PM

Aug 2020
Most One Piece fans are stupid, Gintama fans are always referencing whatever.

I think I never found anything to criticize about Reborn or D Gray Man fandoms.

Sep 13, 2023 12:25 PM

Mar 2023
The fandom of smaller animes are the only good ones.
e

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

251 by titty »»
May 4, 5:06 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

210 by crumb_fr »»
May 2, 7:48 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

166 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 2, 1:16 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Jan 11, 2013

160 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 28, 12:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 25, 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.