Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2022 5:50 PM

Jun 2017
Maybe i'm biased because it was one of my very first anime. My first romance and the first anime i ever binge watched in one night. But this is a really good romance, even wihtout the teacher/student and sci fi elements, it'd really stand out as a normal rmance but both those elements are handled well and add to it. It really felt more mature and adult compared to other romances.

Kei's a little annoying, especially in the dub but everyone else is pretty cool. Kaede and Hyousuke's romance subplot was always my personal favorite part. That and anything involving Mizuho's mom.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jul 22, 2022 6:14 PM
Feb 2018
I think the title of this particular anime doesn't help either. The way people would interpret this is it being some hentai/ecchi anime, which turns people off from giving it a chance.
Do agree that it's underrated, I quite liked it when I watched it a few years ago.
Jul 22, 2022 7:20 PM
Feb 2022
Yeah I liked it a lot as well.
I feel like many people dislike old animation and stick to the new stuff. So they don’t give it a chance.
Jul 22, 2022 8:22 PM
May 2020
I also liked it a lot bro when I first saw it a year ago. I remember I was surprised it wasn’t rated a lil higher actually
Jul 22, 2022 10:48 PM

Jun 2017
thogro99 said:
I think the title of this particular anime doesn't help either. The way people would interpret this is it being some hentai/ecchi anime, which turns people off from giving it a chance.
Do agree that it's underrated, I quite liked it when I watched it a few years ago.

Yeah, not gonna lie. That was exactly what i was expecting. I wonder, if it was a normal romance rather then a student/teacher one, it might be way higher. I genuinely believe it'd be held as one of the top romance anime. (I still like the teacher/student dynamic, but it's definitely an alienating premise)
Jul 22, 2022 10:52 PM

Sep 2020
Ano Natsu de Matteru is the better version of Onegai☆Teacher.
Jul 22, 2022 11:38 PM

Jan 2020
It was a decent series. The romance actually went somewhere, unlike many romance anime
Jul 23, 2022 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
I am also joining the group of people who liked this anime. Despite the passage of years, I still like it today
Jul 23, 2022 6:45 AM
Jul 2022
the name of the show can easily be missunderstood and people don't even try to give it a chance later on,i think it was pretty different from the generic romances we have these days and,i mean romances nowadays lean for the most generic plots that can possible exist,and this show wasn't really easy to know whats gonna happen next so it was actually interesting to see most of the time.
overall it is really undereated.
Jul 23, 2022 6:48 PM
Aug 2021
it is such a gentle show and treats all of its characters with respect. it really is great!
Jul 23, 2022 6:53 PM

May 2021
I actually watched Please Teacher! last October & I'm not sure if Please Twins! is underrated or not. Waiting in the Summer is also very good, (I've been rewatching it lately, as I watched it for the first time this time last year).
Jul 24, 2022 11:34 AM

Sep 2007
This was one of the first shows I watched on my own back in the day... it and Wolf's Rain... streamed over Winamp TV :/

But yeah it absolutely sounds a lot worse than it is, although that OVA was kinda spicy. 9.9
Jul 24, 2022 11:36 AM

Sep 2007
ZXEAN said:

or Okuu-sama wa Joshi Kosei (My Wife is a Highschool Girl) if you wanna flop the genders around.
Jul 2, 2023 5:59 PM

Aug 2017
I watched this Anime months ago for my AWC 2023. I never liked how the Sci-fi aspect is irrelevant for some episodes but suddenly is a big plot device in the last episode. Seriously, the last episode just raises more questions which it's bad for a series who supposedly tries to be serious. I get we don't think too much since this Anime is more romance/drama than sci-fi but seriously that dumb Galactic Federation erasing a lot of people memories due to the teacher but they can't prevent the same teacher from returning to Earth. Even if her mother did something to help her, all of this happened in a single episode making the whole stuff rushed af. I'm pretty sure the sci-fi aspect should be completely scrapped since it was never truly developed and use that time to make the drama/romance better, which it's already meh by itself especially the exaggerated coma.
NurguburuJul 2, 2023 6:02 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 2, 2023 6:10 PM

Jun 2017
Nurguburu said:
I watched this Anime months ago for my AWC 2023. I never liked how the Sci-fi aspect is irrelevant for some episodes but suddenly is a big plot device in the last episode. Seriously, the last episode just raises more questions which it's bad for a series who supposedly tries to be serious. I get we don't think too much since this Anime is more romance/drama than sci-fi but seriously that dumb Galactic Federation erasing a lot of people memories due to the teacher but they can't prevent the same teacher from returning to Earth. Even if her mother did something to help her, all of this happened in a single episode making the whole stuff rushed af. I'm pretty sure the sci-fi aspect should be completely scrapped since it was never truly developed and use that time to make the drama/romance better, which it's already meh by itself especially the exaggerated coma.
Honestly i think you're right, the sci-fi could've been cut, the only effect it had on the plot was him seeing Mizuho when she first appeared and when she teleported into his bathtub and his family seeing her.

The first scene could've been a dream instead of her actually teleporting but i dunno how the second one could've been rewritten.

The amnesia storyline was honestly just pure mellodrama and padding. It was completely unnecessary.
Jul 18, 2023 6:57 PM

Sep 2012
ZXEAN said:

Nope it is not my friend

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2023 7:55 PM

Sep 2020
Californiaa said:
ZXEAN said:

Nope it is not my friend
Different people different taste

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 10 Discussion

huyyy - Oct 26, 2008

32 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
Apr 19, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DarkBlue - Feb 12, 2008

76 by __FK__ »»
Mar 20, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 1 Discussion

Sky - Jul 15, 2011

21 by rohan121 »»
Feb 20, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 11 Discussion

Moe4Sho - Aug 12, 2010

20 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

brinan - Aug 13, 2009

53 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 23, 4:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.