Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 6, 2016 1:16 AM

Mar 2014
Perfect Episode !!! Just SPECTACULAR <3 .

All of the episodes are good and intense as it goes on to its last mark .
They bring the ”Thrill” of a whole new level ~ .
One of the most compelling show I ever seen ~ :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2016 5:10 AM

May 2016
The ending is perfect in term of consequence and beautiful.
Jun 24, 2016 11:48 AM

Mar 2016
Who is wrong ? I'm too confused
Seunghoon my sunflower
Jul 14, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2016
oooooooohhh shit dat cliffhanger doe! and why the fuck Kallen was so shocked like bitch you knew he wasn't Japanese
and goddammit that fuckin Nina somebody pleeez take this bitch out

anyway, first half of the show was ass 3/10,
Second half was actually pretty enjoyable 7/10.
Overall, 5/10

Honestly tho, this show is probably the most overrated Anime of all time.
it took me forever to finish it and that's because of how shitty the first half was.

so far,
Death Note >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Code Geass
Light >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lelouch

On To The Next One, i hope R2 can change my mind..
Mr_ShnbJul 14, 2016 6:23 PM
Jan 15, 2017 11:25 PM

Apr 2016
Soooo many loose ends. Thank god there's a season two. Still, that was fucking awesome overall, despite some occasional stupidity and lapses in logic. The entertainment value was insane. It sucks knowing so torturously little about C.C., though.

Never would have guessed that I'd like this one but I really did. Either an 8 or a 9, I'll have to think it over.
Jan 18, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2016
No wonder the Japanese called this the cliffhanger of the century. Talk about crazy. Thank God this got a continuation.
Apr 12, 2017 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
Cornelia finds out that Zero is Lelouch.
Damn. So that's what Lelouch learned after finally getting Cornelia.
C.C. "senses" that Nunnally has been taken or did the person she was talking to all this time tell her that?
ORANGE-KUN APPEARS! ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
Orange-kun reminding me of Scryed.
Dat Cecile back! Dat side oppai!
Dat Cecile booty!
LMAO at Orange-kun saying "Despicable. From the back?"
Arthur saved Suzaku. Who would Arthur bite if Suzaku is dead? lol
Zero has left the battlefield.
Go to Zero Kallen.
Nina is here!
LMAO at Nina.
Nunnally is at that place.
Lelouch seeing visions.
Damn. Burned at the stake.
Damn. C.C. got GoB'd.
Dat nipple.
Orange-kun is back!
Dat kiss.
OMG! No! NAOMI!!!!!! My Black Knight waifu! Why did you kill her off? She was too fine to die! I'll miss her beautiful body.
Suzaku has arrived.
When did Kallen arrive?
Perfect aim by Suzaku.
I love how Lelouch's hair moves after Suzaku realizes who it is. I like how Lelouch looks like a vampire.
Kallen is shocked.
Kallen sheds tears.
Lelouch did cooperate with Euphy, but unexpected things happened.
If Lelouch shouldn't exist in this world then neither should you Suzaku.
SUZAKU! RURUSHU! Rurushu! rurushu!
Dat gunshot!
Nunnally loses her virginity.
C.C. sinks below the sea with Orange-kun for all eternity.

What a finale. CG displays why it is my favorite anime ever. Truly a masterpiece. Felt amazing watching this after 9 years and in the year 2017. Also, this cliffhanger happened on April 15, 2017. So awesome.
RobApr 23, 2017 3:38 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 13, 2017 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
What a fantastic OPEN-ENDING! - very Loved it! is one of the best anime!

It didn't go rush as some might thought this as a "excuse".Last two episode were made with lot of planning of three to four months! and no wonder this creates a heavy open ending!! Perfect lead to people to screw someone's mind to watch another 25 episodes! and this is what anime call success!!!

(I wonder what could happen if this was the standalone season? haha, I cant imagine that!)
removed-userApr 13, 2017 6:47 PM
May 5, 2017 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
fucking cliffhanger

Orange-kun, someday your hate will turn into love, lol

C.C. underwater, did she planned to die?!

finally, Suzaku and Kallen found out who zero is..

Lelou abandon battlefield, what's going to happened to them? I wish they manage to win somehow.

did Cornelia manage to survive or she died?
Jun 4, 2017 12:48 AM

Oct 2016
There's no option for hating it in the poll? Weird, how am I supposed to give my opinion?

Do good anime have this, too?
Jul 26, 2017 5:00 AM
Jun 2017
WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SERIES ENDS ON A CLIFFHANGER AAARGHH also Suzaku didn't have to shoot the explosive just to kill Lelouch, shooting him in the head would've killed him just fine. Idiots.
Jul 26, 2017 3:23 PM

Nov 2016
Well this was 5/10 for me. Interesting premise but it was squandered by bad writing with its many plot contrivances and coincidences. Everybody around Lelouch made dumb decisions to make him seem smart and I was actually happy that he finally made a mistake in episode 22, cheesy as it was.

Hopefully R2 is better.

Also that's pretty funny that 1 out of 5 stands for: Liked it. Thought it normally stood for "Hated it". Even my favourite anime Madoka Magicas final episode doesn't have the same score descriptions when I think it deserves to even more.
Pixel_VapourJul 26, 2017 3:36 PM
Jul 30, 2017 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
Huh

Gotta watch R2 (though CG could have ended right here, no joke)
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 14, 2017 5:16 AM

Dec 2015
Hysteria has reached with this halfway cliff-hanger episode a level never seen before.

-5/5 based on notation, 2/5 using the usual meaning.

This 2006 Mai-hime used everything at disposal to assure popularity, just like its "ancestor". It is pretty well build to work at the goal it is obsessed with: being thrilling and exciting and creating "faithfulness" in the audience by chaining together events and coincidences in order to keep the SHOW going on. It's a perfectly decent concept (certainly super-effective for a single watch during a weekly broadcast), the main fault is that it was made in a 90% over-seriousness/dramatic tone (unlike said predecessor). Since the composition often lead it to feature doubtful happenings breaking everytime a little more the spectator's belief (unlike an old ancestor: the episodic novel "Le Compte de Monte Cristo"), it makes it harder to still "trust" it. The soap-opera undertone made also for a few ridiculous moments.
Technically good. Music okay with really few slips. The charadesign style, though, is quite off-putting (but stays in line with the rest: using a trend of its time).

Overall score for this lurid / sensationalist "blockbuster": 6~7/10 depending on the second half since it is one of those stupid cut series.

Yeah, 50% through ! I can breath. ^^
@CodeBlazeFate R2 is absolutely not a "sequel". It's simply the second half of a 50eps format in a time where people are reticent to invest money or time in a "long" series. Had it been made long ago, it wouldn't have been split. Just like those double 12-13eps series with a 6or12months gap.
At this moment, I simply can't "judge" the story: what has appeared just because but could still be justified later, the story, etc. There is no epilogue, not even an end. This multi-cliff-hangers episode (who was very much true to the series spirit) was just the equivalent of a mid-series episode supposed to redefine the intrigue.
Ex: ConRevo has no meaning alone, just like ConRevo Song.
Or to put it simply: try to "rate" Zeta by breaking it in its "two seasons". Idem for books like The Lord of the Rings (published in three times).

As for those derivated movies, they weren't designed as part of the story I mentionned above. It is nothing more than a "bouche-trou" (literally, hole-filler, but what I mean with that is that it was made only to temporize once the whole story had been told). So, there is no reason to use them to discern the goods and bads of the series named Code Geass.

PS: where did I write I liked it ? I must erase this lie XD
PPS: also, always wait a bit after my post. Due to the limited 3DS memory, I must break the posting in a few pieces.

CodeBlazeFate said:

You might have to excuse R2 at points. It was...heavily rewritten upon a time slot change so it's beyond not in its original intended form.

Don't deny it. It's too cool for you to dislike thanks to that coolness factor you raved about for every episode.

Thank you for this important information. I know the effects of such senseless change thanks to Victory.
The thing is that I had to keep track of the coolness factor because as myself, most of those things would have only angered me. XD I'm quite insensitive to coolness myself, and I especially don't think it should have such a big place in a story who takes itself so overly seriously. Cool touches here and there would have tuned the recipe better. (in things like Cobra or Gurren Lagann, overload of coolness is perfectly fine).
I didn't hate it (probably impossible for me) but I really disliked it. Sorry. (though, I still want to see how it will be able to untie itself from all it started, plus this ancient civilization who usually works on me)
(also, just read that it was developed since the beginning as a 50 series, then they changed it mid-way by pushing the broadcast of 24-25 later and cutting @way the 2nd part)

@Pixel_Vapour Nice to see someone happily welcomed my "lack of taste". :D
Rei_IIIAug 14, 2017 7:39 AM
Aug 14, 2017 5:19 AM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
Hysteria has reached with this halfway cliff-hanger episode a level never seen before.

-5/5 based on notation, 2/5 using the usual meaning.

This 2006 Mai-hime used everything at disposal to assure popularity, just like its "ancestor". It is pretty well build to work at the goal it is obsessed with: being thrilling and exciting and creating "faithfulness" in the audience by chaining together events and coincidences in order to keep the SHOW going on. The only fault is to
Technically good. Music okay with really few slips. The charadesign style, though, is quite off-putting (but stays in line with the rest: using a trend of its time).

Overall score for this "blockbuster": 6~7/10 depending on the second half since it is one of those stupid cut series.

@CodeBlazeFate Yeah, 50% through ! I can breath. ^^
That cliffhanger was insane. Gotta love that music by Kotaro Nakagawa. I usually feel it is never good to debunk a show based on its sequels though, if so, then this show would get a 2 by the time you're done with those god awful Akito films. Glad you're enjoying it so far though.
Aug 14, 2017 6:14 AM

Apr 2016
@Rei366 Alright then. Still, R1 as a story is more than enough to rate as it's sold as it's own product first and a piece of the puzzle second, despite the cliffhanger, not to mention that a lot happens within the story, for better or worse given the contrivances and holes. That's like not evaluating Aldnoah.Zero before you finish season 2, though both are worse than either season or Geass.

You might have to excuse R2 at points. It was...heavily rewritten upon a time slot change so it's beyond not in its original intended form.

Don't deny it. It's too cool for you to dislike thanks to that coolness factor you raved about for every episode.
Aug 14, 2017 6:18 AM

Nov 2016
I'm glad I'm not the only one that disliked it XD

@Rei366 I honestly wouldn't even call it "lack of taste" as you recognize bad writing.
Pixel_VapourAug 14, 2017 7:43 AM
Aug 16, 2017 1:58 AM

May 2013
Pretty good. Solid 7/10 hovering over that 8, but I think nah. Lol.

It got MUCH better towards the end-- action packed and all. Dat cliffhanger doe :O
Sep 17, 2017 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
Apocalypse358 said:
Don't die Orange-kun 😂

I'm still here and eating oranges
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2017 6:25 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, what a bitter-sweet ending. Literally top 10 anime betrayals with all 10 being from this episode!

V.V really struck the core of Lelouch's rebellion, one move was all it took to ruin everything.
~
Oct 7, 2017 3:29 PM
May 2017
So, does anyone know quite why Kallen says this:

"You used us...? The Japanese people...you used me?!"

When she finds out who Zero is?
Oct 8, 2017 3:53 PM

Oct 2017
FinalSquall said:
So, does anyone know quite why Kallen says this:

"You used us...? The Japanese people...you used me?!"

When she finds out who Zero is?

Well, he abandoned his "people" on the battlefield to rescue Nunally and he didn't tell his friends about his identity which showed them that he didn't trust them especially Kallen who was in his group the whole time. That indicates to her that he saw her as a pawn like anyone else and not a a friend.

They would've followed him anywhere and everything he did or plan out was a success and they would've done everything he told them to.
Leaving the battlefield as the leader is an act of cowardess to say at least which left his troops demoralized and in a state of feeling betrayed. They got left behind without any reason and the only rational thing to think would have been that he gave up. This also emphasized how less he actually cared for anybody.

I hope that made sense :b
Oct 10, 2017 12:11 AM
Apr 2017
-Kiraboshi- said:
TANIGUCHI GOROOOOOO !!!!!! °A° *dead*

I didn't like this episode which I think was too messy to be really enjoyable... Why did they feel like bringing Orange back ? It was absolutely useless.
Nevertheless the final cliffhanger was really HUGE. Personnally, I LOVE the way it ends so much I won't watch R2 : everybody dies, there is nobody who can save Japan. Both Lelouch's foolishness and Suzaku's naiveness won't lead to anything. The door won't be opened, we won't see further. Haters gonna hate. Come on, such an end is perfect. Why season 2 ?!!
Are u kidding?Just watch the damn season2.
Oct 10, 2017 3:38 PM

Sep 2014
Just finished my first rewatch. I remember loving this anime and it was the first one I truly was addicted to (I think I had no sleep when I first binged it).
Now with enough distance to again appreciate it I've made up my mind. This is it. When people say Code Geass is not a their personal favourite I can forgive that (you cant choose not to be born with shit taste after all) and when they say its not a masterpiece I just nod and smile. With nearly 8 billion people on earth now, not everyone can be a sane person.
(Still only 9/10 because spinzaku is the character I hate the most in every story ever, I hate his ideals and ways of doing things. But that also makes him a great character, I could not truly hate some shitty written character)

PS: The poll is glorious, I dont think any other anime here on mal has a vote option like here. Spot on!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 11, 2017 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
ok what the...was this really the last episode...what happened....I hate endings like that
Dec 7, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
WTF was that ending.......
Still, WHY IS LELOUCH THE MOST FAVORITED CHARACTER ON MAL? HOW?! HE'S AN ASS!
Dec 7, 2017 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
Resonance said:

It baffles me too. Probably the most overrated character in the medium.
Dec 8, 2017 5:29 AM
Apr 2017
Pixel_Vapour said:
Resonance said:

Becuase he is a well written character with proper idealogy and an intelligent human being.People like him as a genuine human being.
Feb 19, 2018 9:10 PM
Dec 2014
tahsin98 said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

Becuase he is a well written character with proper idealogy and an intelligent human being.People like him as a genuine human being.

He's not bad but definitely not the best written character.
Feb 19, 2018 9:11 PM
Dec 2014
The show was average until the last 3 episodes.My rate jumped for a 6 to a 7.5.
Feb 22, 2018 1:54 PM
Dec 2014
tahsin98 said:
small44 said:

He's not bad but definitely not the best written character.
Technically I said HE IS A WELL WRITTEN CHARACTER. That doesn't mean he have to be the best written character. He offers something very different with top notch quality than most of the anime character.That's why he is No.1 liked character on MAL. There are more reasons. But lets not dig them here.

Now In my opinion he is one of the most well written protagonist. And I can back back my words up as well.

Is he really that unique , his action are driven by vengeance like a lot of characters.
Ranking don't mean nothing to me.
Apr 16, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2018
Can someone please explain to me, what exactly is the relationship between Lelouch and C.C.?
Business partners? Lovers? Student-mentor? Fairy godmother?
Early in the season, C.C. acts very business-like towards Lelouch.
When she spied Shirley giving show tickets to Lelouch, a voice teases her for being jealous. She replies "Lulu and I are just ____"
Towards the mid, they spent lots of intimate moments together, but she's worried that Lelouch might be getting obsessed, like that psycho Mao. Lelouch assures her that "It's just a contract."
Then this happens:

So Lelouch is finally settling for C.C. after failing to net Shirley/Euphemia, eh?
Also: C.C. getting burned at the stake, tortured, and beheaded for being a witch in the past. Damn, that's brutal.
Theodoric_99Apr 21, 2018 12:35 AM
Oct 28, 2018 12:00 AM
Jan 2018
We see Arthur (the cat) save Suzaku from being shot and killed by Tamaki by jumping onto his gun, causing Tamaki to misfire. Tamaki got closer to killing Suzaku than any other character in the series up until that point. We get the slow buildup from the suspenseful music playing and the perfect opportunity to end Suzaku, a major threat to Zero, but the rug is pulled out from under us by a cat of all things. It's such a contrived and forced plot point that just happens for no reason that I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Ruined my immersion for the episode.
aNewUsernameOct 28, 2018 12:11 AM
Nov 11, 2018 9:32 AM
Apr 2018
Dudeee this Tension!!!
Nov 12, 2018 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
Yay a cliffhanger...could this show be any more overrated?
Jan 21, 2019 5:45 PM
Apr 2018
I swear to God, Code Geass must have the worst opening songs of all good anime series.

Back to the episode: FUCK THAT CAT, FUCK IT. Why couldn't Suzaku have his life ended right there?? Screw that, I hate him. And now the Black Knights are in the verge of getting bodied.

Lelouch x C.C. true ship.
Jan 29, 2019 4:49 PM
Sep 2017
Oh, totally unexpected. Sad to see Lelouch end up like this, being hated by his best friend and having his sister kidnapped. Anyways, this episode was amazing, the history was very funny and interesting, the characters amazing (Even Suzaku). Ohh, I wonder what happened to C.C. I don't think she died. Sad to see what happened to Ougi and The Order of Black Knights. Unexpected.
5/5
Feb 11, 2019 1:43 PM
Jan 2019
A series that although it goes beyond fiction and the supernatural, shows the cruel nature of wars and human desire. A good anime.
Mar 10, 2019 9:46 PM
Apr 2016
What a hecking cliffhanger... So, Suzaku knew all along... amazing episode.
Apr 30, 2019 6:59 AM

Jun 2017
This is one of the best anime I've ever watched! Very nice! Time to watch season 2 then.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 23, 2019 1:54 PM
Apr 2019
You know, now l think of all those poor people who watched this in 2006 and here am I knowing that there is r2 lol. But OMG that ending was damned good and agonyzing at the same time.
Jun 3, 2019 10:37 PM
Feb 2017
What an ending to the show. Hah I feel bad for those back then who had to wait for a second season, now I just need to not procrastinate. This show was a blast, I loved every second of it. I still feel this cliffhanger though, the Black Knights on the verge of defeat with Lelouch and Suzaku both firing their guns off... ah this feeling sucks.
Jun 12, 2019 10:02 PM

Sep 2017
Something tells me people were pretty pissed on July 29th, 2007. That's one major-ass cliffhanger...

The episode literally began with Lelouch revealing his identity to Cornelia, which was insanely badass. V.V. did indeed kidnap Nunnally, although how he managed to get to Kamine Island is way beyond man. Orange-kun's grand reappearance was just as spectacular as I wished it would be. These KnightMare's are getting pretty powerful, if something that can go toe to toe with the Guwain appears. Suzaku got lucky getting bailed out by Lloyd like that. What the fuck is Nina thinking, threatening to nuke everyone like that? Zero isn't even there anymore. These people rely on Zero too much, although that is somewhat understandable. I don't exactly ship Lelouch and C.C., but the kiss wasn't that bad, I guess. Suzaku finally knowing Lelouch's identity was just as tense as I thought it would be. And then just like that, the show leaves off on a cliffhanger. I am very excited to see how the second season goes down.

GytanzoJun 29, 2019 8:05 PM
Oct 29, 2019 12:13 AM

Aug 2018
MASTERPIECE I loved every episode of this anime and the character Lelouch has become my favorite character I gift this anime 9 out of 10
Nov 5, 2019 2:43 AM

Nov 2011
This was one of the first anime I watched and after over 200 hours of anime I've finally re watched it and upped my score, enjoyed it and appreciated it more on this second run.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 13, 2019 11:27 PM
May 2012
After 10 years I finally watched this Anime properly.....and it's alright. Not good, not bad, but certainly enjoyable since I used to think this Anime is so cool. Gonna watch R2 tomorrow!
Apr 1, 2020 3:33 PM

Sep 2017
I hope Suzaku fucking dies , seriously I hate this trash hypocrite...
yikes
May 6, 2020 7:33 AM

Feb 2020
a cliffhanger!!!! ok well looks like i have to see season 2 now

idk how i feel about this show, it was SUCH a drag to watch the first 10-12 episodes, i was so close to dropping it. but it picked up in the second half so i'm not sure what to rate it.
May 21, 2020 2:07 PM

Feb 2018
I wasn't expecting this season to end like that I- ???
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

147 by zartroce »»
May 3, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

30 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.